COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Dominant-Party Presidential Republic
Current President: Emmerson Mnangagwa
Population: 14,546,314 (2020)
Land Size: 390,759 sq km (150,873 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Wed - May 12, 2021: Madam Boss Casting Agency Page Hacked - AllAfrica News: Zimbabwe
[New Zimbabwe] Local comedienne, Madam Boss's South African based agency, Becky Casting Agency's official Facebook page has been hacked by a makeup and wildlife enthusiast.
- Wed - May 12, 2021: Crisis Coalition Blasts Charamba, Mutambudzi, Vows Pursuit for Just Society - AllAfrica News: Zimbabwe
[New Zimbabwe] Crisis in Zimbabwe Coalition (CiZC) has vowed to continue with its pursuit of a democratic society in the wake of continued intimidation by some top government officials irked by the NGO conglomerate's works.
- Wed - May 12, 2021: Mliswa, Mbodiah Trade 'Indecent Assault' - AllAfrica News: Zimbabwe
[New Zimbabwe] MDC ALLIANCE has accused Norton MP Temba Mliswa of indecent assault on party legislator Memory Mbodiah after the opposition lawmakers were Monday involved in a scuffle which saw the abandonment of a Public Accounts Committee meeting which was hosting businessman Wicknell Chivayo's Intratek and Finmark.
- Wed - May 12, 2021: Amendment a Govt Show of Contempt for Three Millions Zimbabweans - ZPP - AllAfrica News: Zimbabwe
[New Zimbabwe] The Zimbabwe Peace Project (ZPP) has described government's recent move to enact Constitutional Amendment Act No. 2 as an attempt to erase the voices of three million Zimbabweans who voted in favour of the new Constitution in 2013 referendum.
- Wed - May 12, 2021: Stock Exchange Optimistic On Urgent Old Mutual, PPC Listing Resolution - AllAfrica News: Zimbabwe
[New Zimbabwe] Zimbabwe Stock Exchange (ZSE) has expressed optimism over the envisaged relisting of Old Mutual (OM) and PPC following the firms' suspension over a slew of alleged misdemeanours by the government last year.