COAT OF ARMS
Government: Legal status of territory and issue of sovereignty unresolved
Current President: President in Exile, Brahim Ghali
Population: 652,271 (2020)
Land Size: 266,000 sq km (102,703 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Tue - Aug 3, 2021: 'We Will Follow Mandela's Footsteps Until Liberation of Sadr Territories,' Says Taleb Omar - AllAfrica News: Western Sahara
[SPS] Algiers -- Ambassador of the Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic (SADR) to Algeria Abdelkader Taleb Omar on Saturday said that "the struggle of the Sahrawi people will continue following Mandela's footsteps until the liberation of its territories," denouncing "Makhzen's pressure on the countries that support the implementation of international law in Western Sahara."
- Mon - Aug 2, 2021: Minister of Security and Documentation Abdellah Lahbib Passes Away - AllAfrica News: Western Sahara
[SPS] Shahid Al-Hafed -- Member of the National Secretariat of the Polisario Front, Minister of Security and Documentation, Abdellah Lahbib, died Sunday following a Covid-19 infection.
- Wed - Jul 28, 2021: Suspension, If Not Expulsion, of Sadr From AU Must Not Be Considered As Taboo or Unattainable Objective (Seminar) - AllAfrica News: Western Sahara
[MAP] Accra -- The suspension, if not the expulsion, of the "SADR", an armed group with no attributes of a sovereign State, from the African Union (AU) must not be considered as a taboo or unattainable objective, said Tuesday the participants in in a seminar held in Accra on the theme "The Imperative of Economic Recovery: How can the Resolution of the Sahara Issue Strengthen Africa's Regional and Continental Integration?".
- Sat - Jul 24, 2021: Sahrawi Government Condemns Involvement of Morocco in Pegasus Espionage - AllAfrica News: Western Sahara
[SPS] Bir Lahlou -- The Sahrawi Government on Friday condemned the involvement of Morocco in the Pegasus espionage case, saying that this is a "criminal act" contrary to all charters and treaties governing international relations, reports the Sahrawi press agency (SPS).
- Fri - Jul 23, 2021: Sharawi - Sisi Continues Backing Program of Local Development in Upper Egypt - AllAfrica News: Western Sahara
[Egypt Online] Local Development Minister Mahmoud Sharawi stressed that President Abdel Fattah El Sisi is keen to continuously support the program of local development in Upper Egypt which is one of the main executive mechanisms implemented by the Egyptian government to upgrade undeveloped areas.