COAT OF ARMS
Government: Dominant-Party Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Yoweri Museveni
Population: 43,252,966 (2020)
Land Size: 241,038 sq km (93,072 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Thu - Oct 21, 2021: National Payment Systems Act - Will New Regulations Deliver Growth in Fintech Sector? - AllAfrica News: Uganda
[Independent (Kampala)] Business Feature -- It's been thirteen years since the Ugandan payments landscape was disrupted by the First mobile money system.
- Thu - Oct 21, 2021: Ugandan Opposition Party Official Backing President Museveni's Son? No, Photo Digitally Manipulated - AllAfrica News: Uganda
[Africa Check] A photo posted multiple times on Facebook appears to show a prominent Ugandan opposition leader endorsing the current president's son, who is one of the country's top military bosses.
- Thu - Oct 21, 2021: NSSF Has Money for Mid-Term Access, Says Finance - AllAfrica News: Uganda
[Monitor] Ministry of Finance officials have said money for early access to the National Social Security Fund (NSSF) is available contrary to claims made by the managing director, Mr Richard Byarugaba, last week.
- Thu - Oct 21, 2021: Janet Launches Anti-Corruption Campaign, Wants Children Involved in Fight - AllAfrica News: Uganda
[Monitor] The First Lady, Janet Museveni has called for the involvement of children and youth in the campaign against corruption which is one of the biggest challenges faced by government today.
- Thu - Oct 21, 2021: Oulanyah Anticipates Tougher Bail Debate - AllAfrica News: Uganda
[Monitor] The Speaker of Parliament, Mr Jacob Oulanyah, has attributed the call by President Museveni, to among others, deny bail to capital offenders, to a flawed justice system.