COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Kaïs Saïed
Population: 11,721,177 (2020)
Land Size: 164,150 sq km (63,378 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Tue - Aug 3, 2021: Walk-in Vaccination Centres to Open Nationwide August 8 (Presidency) - AllAfrica News: Tunisia
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- President of the Republic Kais Said ordered opening walk-in vaccine centres on Sunday, August 8, with jabs to target people in the age group of 40 years, thanks to the 6 million doses, donated by other countries.
- Tue - Aug 3, 2021: Kaïs Saïed Meets With Newly Appointed Acting Ministers of Economy and Finance and Communication Technologies - AllAfrica News: Tunisia
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- The swearing-in ceremony of the acting Minister of Economy, Finance and Investment Support Sihem Boughdiri Nemsia and acting Minister of Communication Technologies Nizar Ben Neji, was held Monday at the Palace of Carthage.
- Tue - Aug 3, 2021: Haica Proposes Creating Communication Cell Between Media Structures - AllAfrica News: Tunisia
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- A coordination meeting bringing together members of the board of the Independent High Authority for Audiovisual Communication (HAICA) and representatives of the sector's professional structures, namely the National Union of Tunisian Journalists SNJT and the Media Union of the Tunisian General Labour union (UGTT) was held on Monday at HAICA premises.
- Tue - Aug 3, 2021: MP Faisal Tebbini Arrested Under Warrant - AllAfrica News: Tunisia
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- MP Faisal Tebbini was arrested at his home in Nabeul Monday by a unit of the judicial police enforcing an arrest warrant issued by the senior examining magistrate of the Court of First Instance in Jendouba.
- Tue - Aug 3, 2021: Covid-19 Crisis Beginning to Ease in Tunisia, As Test Positivity Rate Drops - Souteyrand - AllAfrica News: Tunisia
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- Representative of the World Health Organisation (WHO) in Tunis Yves Souteyrand, on Monday, pointed to «positive signs» indicating that COVID-19 crisis in the country is beginning to ease.