COAT OF ARMS
Government: Presidential Republic
Current President: Faure Gnassingbé
Population: 8,608,444 (2020)
Land Size: 56,785 sq km (21,925 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Mon - Jul 26, 2021: Debo Adesina - Nigeria-Togo Joint Commission to Be Reactivated - AllAfrica News: Togo
[This Day] Abuja -- Nigeria has expressed her willingness to resuscitate the bilateral trade agreements she has with Togo by reactivating the Nigeria-Togo Joint Commission.
- Sun - Jul 25, 2021: Human Rights Committee Adopts Concluding Observations On Report of Togo and Closes One Hundred and Thirty-Second Session - AllAfrica News: Togo
[OHCHR] The Human Rights Committee this afternoon adopted its concluding observations on the fifth periodic report of Togo and closed its online one hundred and thirty-second session.
- Thu - Jul 22, 2021: UNHCR Welcomes Togo's Decision to Intensify Its Fight Against Statelessness - AllAfrica News: Togo
[UNHCR] UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, applauds Togo's accession to the two UN Conventions on Statelessness.
- Mon - Jul 19, 2021: Massive Data Leak Reveals Spyware Used to Target Activists, Journalists, and Political Leaders Globally - AllAfrica News: Togo
[AI London] Authoritarian governments using Pegasus software sold by the Israeli surveillance company NSO Group Jamal Khashoggi family members were targeted with Pegasus software 'They paint a picture of legitimacy, while profiting from widespread human rights violations' - Agnès Callamard
- Mon - Jul 12, 2021: The Aftermath of Lome - the Role of Ambassador Omrie Golley in the Peace Process - Episode 9 - AllAfrica News: Togo
[Concord] The Lome Peace Process, in the Republic of Togo, culminated in the signing of the Lome Peace Accord on the 7th July 1999. It was short-lived, and came to an abrupt end, less than a year later on the 8th May 2000, with a violent demonstration at the erstwhile residence of the RUF Leader, Corporal Foday Sankoh.