COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: Dar Es Salaam
Government: Unitary Presidential Socialist Republic
Current President: Dr. John Magufuli
Population: 58,552,845 (2020)
Land Size: 945,087 sq km (364,900 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
note: Kiswahili (Swahili) is the mother tongue of the Bantu people living in Zanzibar and nearby coastal Tanzania; although Kiswahili is Bantu in structure and origin, its vocabulary draws on a variety of sources including Arabic and English; it has become the lingua franca of central and eastern Africa; the first language of most people is one of the local languages.
- Tue - Aug 3, 2021: Tbc, TFF Strike 3.5bn/ - Deal - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[Daily News] Tanzania Football Federation (TFF) and Tanzania Broadcasting Corporation (TBC) have penned a 3.54bn/- deal that gives the latter an audio broadcast right for the Mainland Premier League matches.
- Tue - Aug 3, 2021: Dar Regional Boss Calls for Mandatory Masks On Public Transport - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[Daily News] Dar es Salaam Regional Commissioner (RC) Amos Makalla has ordered all passengers to wear masks on public transports.
- Tue - Aug 3, 2021: President Suluhu Pays Tribute to Genocide Victims - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[New Times] Visiting Tanzanian President Samia Suluhu Hassan on Monday afternoon noted that Rwanda faced a 'sad and pity story', during the 1994 Genocide against the Tutsi.
- Tue - Aug 3, 2021: Sirro Issues Stern Warning to Chaos Instigators - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[Daily News] THE Inspector General of Police (IGP) Simon Sirro has issued a stern warning to individuals or groups of people planning chaos in the name of releasing Chadema party chairman, Mr Freeman Mbowe and other six people who were arrested in Mwanza region last month.
- Tue - Aug 3, 2021: Minister Hints On Strategic Plan to Promote Kiswahili Globally - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[Daily News] THE government will continue to attach great importance on promoting Kiswahili worldwide, especially by coming up with a strategic plan that will involve all Tanzanian embassies abroad.