COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: Pretoria (executive), Cape Town (legislative), Bloemfontein (judicial)Government: Unitary Parliamentary Constitutional Republic
Current President: Cyril Ramaphosa
Population: 56,462,617 (2020)
Land Size: 1.22 million sq km (470,693 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Thu - Oct 21, 2021: WHO Numbers Underscore Urgent Need for Stronger Leadership and Ambitious TB Recovery Plan - AllAfrica News: South Africa
[spotlight] For the first time in over a decade, tuberculosis (TB) deaths have increased globally. This is according to the World Health Organization's Global TB Report 2021 released last week. The report found that the increase in deaths was due to "reduced access to TB diagnosis and treatment in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic".
- Thu - Oct 21, 2021: Fight to Combat GBVF Is a Societal One - AllAfrica News: South Africa
[SAnews.gov.za] Justice and Constitutional Development Deputy Minister John Jeffery says the fight against gender- based violence and femicide (GBVF) is not one that government can win alone.
- Thu - Oct 21, 2021: Close to 7,000 Vaccinated On First Day of Teen Inoculation Drive - AllAfrica News: South Africa
[SAnews.gov.za] A total of 6 843 children, aged between 12 and 17 years, had received their one shot of the Pfizer vaccine by 4pm on Wednesday after the country kick-started its vaccination campaign for youngsters.
- Thu - Oct 21, 2021: Police Launch Manhunt After Four School Children Were Allegedly Taken At Gunpoint - AllAfrica News: South Africa
[SAPS] The police in Westenburg outside Polokwane have launched a massive manhunt for a group of suspects involved in the forceful removal of four school children from a vehicle that was transporting them to school this morning at about 07:00.
- Thu - Oct 21, 2021: 'Building Better Communities Together' - Fact-Checking the African National Congress Election Manifesto - AllAfrica News: South Africa
[Africa Check] South Africa will hold municipal elections on 1 November 2021. We look at claims about service delivery, the economy and more in the election manifesto of the ruling African National Congress.