COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Presidential Republic
Current President: Adama Barrow
Population: 2,092,731 (2018)
Land Size: 11,295 sq km (4,361 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Wed - May 12, 2021: Understanding the Nature and Threats of Drug Trafficking to National and Regional Security in West Africa - AllAfrica News: Gambia
[The Point] Since the 1990s, West Africa has become a major transit and repackaging hub for cocaine and heroin originating from the Latin American and Asian producing areas to European markets.
- Wed - May 12, 2021: 2 Executive Members for Gambia for 5 Years Join UDP - AllAfrica News: Gambia
[The Point] Abdul William, the assistant secretary general and Omar Sanyang, the national youth president for the Gambia for 5 Year Peace Building Pro-democratic Movement on Monday joined the United Democratic Party (UDP).
- Wed - May 12, 2021: Work Starts At D25 Million President Jawara Mausoleum - AllAfrica News: Gambia
[The Point] Construction of the mausoleum of Gambia's first president, Alhaji Sir Dawda Kairaba Jawara, has finally begun in earnest in the premises of National Assembly where he was buried in August 2019.
- Wed - May 12, 2021: Komani, Kanifing East Win Groups As KM Regional League Reaches Play-Offs - AllAfrica News: Gambia
[The Point] The 2020-2021 Kanifing Municipality Regional Third Division League reached the post-season play-offs after the end of the regular season over the weekend.
- Wed - May 12, 2021: Failures of African Leadership - AllAfrica News: Gambia
[The Point] Africa has seen many leadership styles over the course of history. The season of darkness in African leadership can be attributed to the period of the kingdoms to dictatorships to democrats and to self-perpetuating rule in this era. An assessment of the impact of such leaderships on the continent and on the livelihoods of the people is imperative for our understanding of the African society and political systems. To make the story short, however, this piece will focus on overstaying in power by the BORNAGA