COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: São Tomé
Government: Unitary Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Evaristo Carvalho
Population: 211,122 (2020)
Land Size: 1,001 sq km (386 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Thu - Oct 21, 2021: WFP and Chellaram Foundation Partner to Support School-Aged Children in Sao Tome and Principe - AllAfrica News: São Tomé and Príncipe
[The Herald] The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is increasing support to 25,000 school-aged children enrolled in the National School Feeding and Health Programme (PNASE) in Sao Tome and Principe thanks to a USD700,000 contribution from the Chellaram Foundation.
- Wed - Oct 6, 2021: São Tomé and Príncipe Reaches the First Global Target for the Vaccination Against Covid-19 - AllAfrica News: São Tomé and Príncipe
[WHO-AFRO] São Tomé and Príncipe has fully vaccinated 10% of its population against COVID-19, reaching the September global target by the World Health Organization (WHO) aimed at widening and accelerating vaccination and helping to turn the tide against the pandemic.
- Mon - Oct 4, 2021: São Tomé and Principe/Angolan Missionaries' Role Highlighted - AllAfrica News: São Tomé and Príncipe
[ANGOP] Luanda -- Angolan authorities Sunday in São Tomé and Principe praised the role played by the Angolan missionaries from the community of Teresina's Sisters, saying that the work contribute to the education of teenagers and young girls in that country.
- Mon - Oct 4, 2021: Angolan President Sends Message to São Tome's Counterpart - AllAfrica News: São Tomé and Príncipe
[ANGOP] Luanda -- A message from Angolan Head of State João Lourenço was delivered Saturday to São Tome's counterpart, Carlos Vila Nova.
- Mon - Oct 4, 2021: Vice President Attends Inauguration of São Tome's President-Elect - AllAfrica News: São Tomé and Príncipe
[ANGOP] Luanda -- Angola's Vice President Bornito de Sousa witnessed Saturday, on behalf of the Angolan Head of State, João Lourenço, the inauguration of the President-elect of São Tomé and Príncipe, Carlos Vila Nova, whose event took place at the Parliament.