COAT OF ARMS
Government: Federal Presidential Republic
Current President: Muhammadu Buhari
Population: 214,028,302 (2020)
Land Size: 923,768 sq km (356,669 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Wed - May 12, 2021: Frightening Auguries for a Country's DSO - AllAfrica News: Nigeria
[Vanguard] If some miracles don't happen very soon around the corner, the euphoria over the launch of the second phase of the Digital Switchover, DSO, which began in Lagos penultimate week, could as well be an ephemeral little bubble which doesn't need the sharp accuracy of a needle to deflate. Pity that some rising joy representing some rare hope in today's Nigeria will die prematurely. Reason for this apocalyptic conclusion is this writer's understanding of what is happening in the broadcast sector.
- Wed - May 12, 2021: Despite Challenges, Nigeria's Economy Future Bright - Osinbajo - AllAfrica News: Nigeria
[Leadership] Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has affirmed that Nigeria's extremely bright economic future, which he said cannot be aborted despite current challenges.
- Wed - May 12, 2021: Okorocha Knocks Buhari Govt, Says It Must Change Style - AllAfrica News: Nigeria
[Leadership] The Senator representing Imo West, Rochas Okorocha, has said injustice and pervasive poverty were responsible for the anger and frustration in the land against the President Muhammadu Buhari-led administration.
- Wed - May 12, 2021: African Economic Development Tops Dangote Cement Priority - AllAfrica News: Nigeria
[Leadership] Lagos -- Dangote Cement Plc, with presence in 10 Africa countries, has contributed and still contributing to economic development on the continent. .The company has a mission to help Nigeria and other African countries towards self-reliance and self-sufficiency in the production of the world's most basic commodity, by establishing efficient production facilities in strategic locations close to key growth markets.
- Wed - May 12, 2021: Sallah - Desperation for Political Power Behind Calls for Secession - Buhari - AllAfrica News: Nigeria
[Leadership] President Muhammadu Buhari has attributed the calls for secession to the desperate quest for political power being expressed through blackmail.