COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: Port Louis
Government: Parliamentary Democracy
President: Paramasivum Pillay Vyapoory
Current Prime Minister: Pravind Kumar Jugnauth
Population: 1,379,365 (2020)
Land Size: 2,040 sq km (788 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Tue - Aug 3, 2021: Roshi Bhadain - "The whole thing collapses like a house of cards" - AllAfrica News: Mauritius
[L'Express] The ex-minister is pilloried by the commission of enquiry into the Britam Kenya deal in 2018 in its recently published report. The leader of the Reform Party explains his role in that deal and tries to clear his name.
- Tue - Aug 3, 2021: Mauritius Telecom Launches First 5g Network - AllAfrica News: Mauritius
[Government of Mauritius] Mauritius welcomes its first 5G network. An initiative of the Mauritius Telecom (MT), the 5G network was launched on, 30 July 2021, by the Minister of Information Technology, Communication and Innovation, Mr Darsanand Balgobin, and the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of MT, Mr Sherry Singh, in Ebène.
- Tue - Aug 3, 2021: Association of Urban Authorities Discuss Pressing Issues With Vpm Husnoo - AllAfrica News: Mauritius
[Government of Mauritius] The Vice-Prime Minister, Minister of Local Government and Disaster Risk Management, Dr Mohammad Anwar Husnoo, had a meeting, today, with representatives of the Association of Urban Authorities (AUA), at the seat of his Ministry in Port Louis. The aim was to address various pressing issues currently faced by the urban authorities.
- Mon - Aug 2, 2021: Air Seychelles to Resume Flights to Mauritius in October After 18-Month Pause - AllAfrica News: Mauritius
[Seychelles News Agency] Air Seychelles will resume scheduled passenger flights to Mauritius starting October 3, the airline said on Monday.
- Mon - Aug 2, 2021: Mauritians Urged to Act As Responsible and Environmentally Conscious Citizens - AllAfrica News: Mauritius
[Government of Mauritius] A cleaning and embellishment campaign has been launched, today, at Sodnac, Quatre Bornes, by the minister of Environment, Solid Waste Management and Climate Change, Mr Kavydass Ramano. The Vice Prime Minister, Minister of Local Government and Disaster Risk Management, Dr Anwar Husnoo, was also present. This initiative is in line with Government's policy to create a cleaner, greener and safer environment.