COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: Port Louis
Government: Parliamentary Democracy
President: Paramasivum Pillay Vyapoory
Current Prime Minister: Pravind Kumar Jugnauth
Population: 1,379,365 (2020)
Land Size: 2,040 sq km (788 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Thu - Oct 21, 2021: Prime Minister Inaugurates New Wing of Intercontinental Slavery Museum - AllAfrica News: Mauritius
[Government of Mauritius] Wing A of the Intercontinental Slavery Museum (ISM), aiming to give more visibility to slavery and slave trade in the Indian Ocean, was inaugurated by the Prime Minister, Mr Pravind Kumar Jugnauth, this evening, at the ex-Labourdonnais Military Hospital in Port Louis. The Minister of Arts and Cultural Heritage, Mr Avinash Teeluck, and the Chairperson of ISM Mauritius Ltd, Mr Jean Maxy Simonet, were also present.
- Wed - Oct 20, 2021: Plastic-Free Mauritius - Raising Awareness On the Policies to Control Plastic Pollution - AllAfrica News: Mauritius
[Government of Mauritius] A Consultative Workshop focusing on "Plastic-Free Mauritius: Defining the Roadmap", aimed at raising awareness on the various measures, regulations, policies and institutional framework to control plastic pollution, opened this morning at the Caudan Arts Centre, in Port-Louis.
- Wed - Oct 20, 2021: Prime Minister Jugnauth Urges the Population to Collaborate With Government to Enable the Country to Progress - AllAfrica News: Mauritius
[Government of Mauritius] At the ceremony for the handing over of title deeds of Bonne Mere Blue Print Site to former employees of Deep River - Beau Champ sugar estate, this afternoon, in Flacq, the Prime Minister, Mr Pravind Kumar Jugnauth, appealed to the population to work with the Government so as to strive to achieve the set objectives for the development of the Republic.
- Wed - Oct 20, 2021: Minister Ganoo Inaugurates the Valton Shell Service Station - AllAfrica News: Mauritius
[Government of Mauritius] The Valton Shell Service Station located at the Terre Rouge/Verdun, which is the 51st Shell Service Station, was inaugurated this afternoon by the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Regional Integration and International Trade, Minister of Land Transport and Light Rail, Mr. Alan Ganoo.
- Wed - Oct 20, 2021: MOU Signed to Support Elite Athletes in Their Sports Development and Their Tertiary Studies - AllAfrica News: Mauritius
[Government of Mauritius] A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between the Université des Mascareignes (UDM) and the Trust Fund for Excellence in Sports (TFES), aimed to develop a partnership to support elite athletes in their sports development while allowing them to pursue their tertiary studies under conditions adapted to their needs, was signed, today, at the Citadelle Mall, in Port-Louis.