COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Ibrahim Boubacar Keïta
Population: 19,553,397 (2020)
Land Size: 1.25 million sq km (482,077 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Tue - May 11, 2021: Lead Found in Rural Drinking Water Supplies in West Africa - AllAfrica News: Mali
[University of Leeds] Scientists are warning that drinking water supplies in parts of rural West Africa are being contaminated b y lead- containing mater ials used in small community water systems such as boreholes with handpumps and public taps.
- Sat - May 8, 2021: Idriss Déby - the Chadian Warrior, Hero of Mali - AllAfrica News: Mali
[African Arguments] Mali's security might not be the first issue that comes to mind when hearing of the passing of Idriss Déby Itno. His death on the battlefield - or at least in proximity, depending on the account - clearly indicates that trouble is not far from N'Djamena.
- Thu - May 6, 2021: President El-Sisi Receives Malian Foreign Minister - AllAfrica News: Mali
[Egypt Online] President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi received today 5/5/2021 Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation of Mali Mr. Zeïni Moulaye, in the presence of Egypt's Minister of Foreign Affairs Mr. Sameh Shoukry.
- Thu - May 6, 2021: Egypt, Mali FMs Probe Promotion of Bilateral Cooperation - AllAfrica News: Mali
[Egypt Online] Foreign Minister Sameh Shoukri has discussed with his Malian counterpart Zeini Moulaye a number of issues of common interest.
- Wed - May 5, 2021: French Journalist Kidnapped in Mali Appeals for Help in Jihadist Video - AllAfrica News: Mali
[RFI] Reporters Without Borders has confirmed that another Western journalist has been kidnapped in Mali, after French journalist Olivier Dubois appeared in a video saying he was being held by the jihadist group Al-Qaeda.