COAT OF ARMS
Government: Multiparty Democracy
Current President: Lazarus Chakwera
Population: 21,196,629 (2020)
Land Size: 118,484 sq km (45,747 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Tue - Aug 3, 2021: Covid-19 Pandemic Has Negatively Impacted Exclusive Breastfeeding--Minister Chiponda - AllAfrica News: Malawi
[Nyasa Times] The Minister of Health and Population, Khumbize Kandodo Chiponda, has said the effects of the Coronavirus disease (Covid-19) pandemic have negatively affected lactating mothers and their infants, as mothers were forced to divert their attention and resources towards addressing the economic effects of the pandemic instead of concentrating on the wellbeing of the little ones.
- Tue - Aug 3, 2021: MEC Tells Staff - "Don't Come to Work, If You're Not Vaccinated." - AllAfrica News: Malawi
[Nyasa Times] Concerned with a greater number of people not willing to take the ravaging Covid-19 jab, the Malawi Electoral Commission (MEC) has ordered its employees not to report for work if they are not vaccinated for Covid19.
- Mon - Aug 2, 2021: Legendary Artists Need to Be Accorded National Recognition - As Tributes Pour in for Late Eric Mabedi - AllAfrica News: Malawi
[Nyasa Times] As tributes pour in for late Eric Mabedi, one of Malawi's legendary drama actors, kind thoughts have been shared on social media that Malawian legendary artists need to be accorded 'deserved' national recognition.
- Mon - Aug 2, 2021: Chilima Challenges Private Sector to Ignite Malawi's Economic Growth - AllAfrica News: Malawi
[Nyasa Times] For every country's economic growth to blossom and flourish, there is an absolute need for a vibrant private sector in place in order to oil the engine of progress and prosperity, Malawi's Vice President, Saulos Chilima has said.
- Mon - Aug 2, 2021: Chakwera Decries Negative News Reporting - AllAfrica News: Malawi
[Nyasa Times] President Dr. Lazarus Chakwera has faulted the media for putting the country in bad publicity and reporting rumours without cross checking with relevant authorities.