COAT OF ARMS
Government: Presidential Republic
Current President: Alpha Condé
Population: 12,527,440 (2020)
Land Size: 245,857 sq km (94,926 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Wed - May 12, 2021: The Republic of Guinea Deposits the Instrument of Ratification of the African Medicines Agency (Ama) - AllAfrica News: Guinea
[African Union] The Republic of Guinea becomes the seventh (7th) Member State to deposit the instrument of ratification of the African Medicines Agency (AMA). The Republic of Guinea ratified the Treaty for the establishment of AMA on 21 April 2021 in Conakry, Guinea and deposited the instrument of accession, to the Commission of the African Union (AU) on 7 May 2021 in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. Mme Cisse Mariam Mohamed Director, Department of Health, Humanitarian Affairs and Social Development, received the instrument from th
- Fri - May 7, 2021: MFWA, Guinea Partner Petition President Alpha Condé for the Release of Two Detained Journalists - AllAfrica News: Guinea
[MFWA] The Media Foundation for West Africa (MFWA) and its partner in Guinea, the independent editors' guild (AGEPI), have requested the Minister of National Unity and Citizenship of the Republic of Guinea to intercede with the President of the Republic for the release of two journalists detained in connection with their work.
- Fri - May 7, 2021: EPA Confiscates Over 2.2 Metric Tons of Chemicals - AllAfrica News: Guinea
[New Republic] The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) seized over 2.2 metric tons of chemical smuggled into the country from Guinea.
- Mon - May 3, 2021: Ebola Outbreak in Democratic Republic of the Congo Declared Over - AllAfrica News: Guinea
[WHO] Brazzaville/Kinshasa -- Today marks the end of the 12th Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, just three months after the first case was reported in North Kivu. The Ebola outbreak that re-emerged in February came nine months after another outbreak in the same province was declared over.
- Sun - Apr 25, 2021: Nigeria on Alert Over Fresh Ebola Outbreak in Guinea - AllAfrica News: Guinea
[Leadership] Abuja -- The federal government has put all Federal Teaching Hospitals in the country on alert for the resurgence of the deadly Ebola virus in Guinea - Conakry.