COAT OF ARMS
Government: Presidential Republic
Current President: Alpha Condé
Population: 12,527,440 (2020)
Land Size: 245,857 sq km (94,926 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Fri - Oct 15, 2021: Strongman Mamady Doumbouya Sacks 42 Military Brass - AllAfrica News: Guinea
[Nation] Guinea's strongman Colonel Mamady Doumbouya, who seized power last month, has sacked 42 generals and admirals in an apparent purge of the military top brass.
- Fri - Oct 15, 2021: ECOWAS in Guinea - Tough On Coups, Tame On the Causes of Coups - AllAfrica News: Guinea
[African Arguments] The West African bloc and the African Union are suffering from a credibility problem, but they are not irredeemable.
- Thu - Oct 14, 2021: What Is the Future of Mining Sector After the Coup? - AllAfrica News: Guinea
[Thomson Reuters Foundation] Will Guineans finally benefit from the country's mineral wealth or will they continue to pay the price for its exploitation?
- Tue - Oct 12, 2021: President Bio Departs for a One-Day Working Visit to Guinea - AllAfrica News: Guinea
[Sierra Leone Government] State House, Freetown, Monday 11 October 2021 - His Excellency President Dr Julius Maada Bio has departed Sierra Leone this morning for Conakry, Guinea on the invitation of the Military Head of State of the Republic of Guinea, Colonel Mamady Doumbouya.
- Tue - Oct 12, 2021: Papers Show What Lay Behind Conde Regime's Ebola Denialism - AllAfrica News: Guinea
[The Conversation Africa] More than 11,300 people died when the Ebola virus ripped through three West African countries - Guinea, Sierra Leone, and Liberia - from 2014 to 2016. It was the worst Ebola outbreak in known history.