COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: Addis Ababa
Government: Federal Parliamentary Republic
Current President: Mulatu Teshome Wirtu
Population: 108,113,150 (2020)
Land Size: 1.13 million sq km (437,794 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Tue - Aug 3, 2021: Fed. Court Passes Sentence On the Three Defendants in Hachalu Hundessa Assassination Trial - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[Addis Standard] Addis Abeba -- The Federal High court Lideta branch anti- terrorism and constitutional 2nd bench today has today sentenced on the three defendants accused of having involvement in the assassination of Hachalu Hundesa.
- Tue - Aug 3, 2021: Safaricom Shareholders Approve Ethiopian Subsidiary - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[East African] Safaricom shareholders have approved the telco's proposal to set up its Ethiopian subsidiary--Safaricom Telecommunications Ethiopia Plc--that is expected to start operations next year.
- Tue - Aug 3, 2021: Continent Can Prevent Ethiopia From Going Down Rwanda's Path - Here's How - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[The Conversation Africa] When Ethiopia's Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed was awarded the Nobel peace prize in 2019, I congratulated him in a public US and Africa dialogue forum. I thought he deserved the prize, given what he had done. In particular he showed a calm and responsible interest in listening to all community grievances to avoid outbursts of war.
- Mon - Aug 2, 2021: There Will Be No Winners in Addis Conflict - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[East African] All through history, men have stood amidst the ruins of war, to declare victory. Often, however, in contrast to the scale of destruction and failed promises, such proclamations have over time developed a hollow ring to them.
- Mon - Aug 2, 2021: Kenya Repatriates 117 Ethiopian Prisoners - AllAfrica News: Ethiopia
[Nation] The Ethiopian Embassy in Nairobi on Saturday said 117 Ethiopians jailed at various Kenyan prisons were being repatriated.