COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary One-party Presidential Republic
Current President: Isaias Afewerki
Population: 6,081,196 (2020)
Land Size: 117,400 sq km (45,300 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Tue - Aug 3, 2021: Preconception Care Opening the Way to a Healthy Society - AllAfrica News: Eritrea
[Shabait] The Eritrean government has been doing commendable work to improve the health of mothers and children by building health stations, health centers, and referral hospitals.
- Tue - Aug 3, 2021: Improving Health Care Service At Awha - AllAfrica News: Eritrea
[Shabait] which is named after the village where it is located in Adi Kuala subzone, was established in 2012 and has been functioning as the sole health care provider in the area for the last nine years. Awha is located in a very strategic location west of the town of Adi Kuala, where a considerable part of the subzone's population resides, and the hospital serves patients from about 14 villages found in four administrative areas, including patients from Maimine Subzone.
- Tue - Aug 3, 2021: Announcement From the Ministry of Health - AllAfrica News: Eritrea
[Shabait] Twelve patient have been diagnosed positive for COVID-19 in tests carried out today at Quarantine Centers in Anseba, Northern Red Sea, and Central Regions.
- Fri - Jul 30, 2021: Announcement From the Ministry of Health - AllAfrica News: Eritrea
[Shabait] Five patients have been diagnosed positive for COVID-19 in tests carried out today at Quarantine Centers in the Central and Southern Red Sea Regions.
- Thu - Jul 29, 2021: Banatom - Triggering Industrialization in Alebu - AllAfrica News: Eritrea
[Shabait] Banatom Banana and Tomato Processing Factory, which is located at Alebu, Haykota sub-zone, started its operation in 2008 and it mainly relies for its input on tomato farms at Gerset, Fesko, Adi-Omar and to some extent Molober, Afhimbol, and Kerkebet. It has a capacity of processing and packing 5,000 quintals of tomatoes a day. A processing machine that was introduced two years ago to satisfy local demands has been packing tomato pastes that weigh 250, 450, 650, and 850 grams that meet local demand.