COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary One-party Presidential Republic
Current President: Isaias Afewerki
Population: 6,081,196 (2020)
Land Size: 117,400 sq km (45,300 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Tue - May 11, 2021: Announcement From the Ministry of Health - AllAfrica News: Eritrea
[Shabait] Twelve patients have been diagnosed positive for COVID-19 in tests carried out in past three days at Quarantine Centers in Gash Barka, Central and Southern Regions.
- Mon - May 10, 2021: Ensuring Accountable Institutional Management - AllAfrica News: Eritrea
[Shabait] Eritrea's Office of the Auditor General (OAG) was established in 1992 and it constitutes the Supreme Audit Institution in Eritrea. Its mandate encompasses auditing or causes auditing of all government institutions and parastatals; to impound documents where it suspects there are fraudulent activities and crimes and, investigate accordingly; to establish and follow on audit tools and standards; to advise the Ministry of Finance in preparation of financial rules and regulations, where necessary; and to issue
- Mon - May 10, 2021: Announcement From the Ministry of Health - AllAfrica News: Eritrea
[Shabait] Eight patients have been diagnosed positive for COVID-19 in tests carried out today at Quarantine Centers in the Central and Gash Barka Regions.
- Fri - May 7, 2021: Peaceful Rally By Nationals Abroad - AllAfrica News: Eritrea
[Shabait] Asmara, 07 May 2021- Eritrean nationals in the UK and the US conducted a peaceful rally condemning the illegal sanctions the European Union has imposed on Eritrea and the hostilities to derail the peace and development initiative in the Horn of Africa.
- Fri - May 7, 2021: President Isaias Afwerki Receives American Delegation - AllAfrica News: Eritrea
[Shabait] Asmara, 07 May 2021- President Isaias Afwerki yesterday in the afternoon hours received and held talks at Denden Guest House, with the US Special Envoy to the Horn of Africa, Ambassador Jeffrey Feltman.