COAT OF ARMS
Government: Dominant-Party Presidential Republic
Current President: Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo
Population: 836,178 (2020)
Land Size: 28,051 sq km (10,830 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Tue - Aug 3, 2021: Yahya Jammeh's Host Retaliates Against the UK As France Upheld Guilty Verdict - AllAfrica News: Equatorial Guinea
[The Point] Following punitive sanctions by the United Kingdom as well as an extraordinary guilty verdict by a French court against Teodorin Obiang, Equatorial Guinea's vice President, Malabo, has fiercely retaliated against the London by announcing the closure of the country's embassy in the British Capital.
- Mon - Aug 2, 2021: As Guineans Flee Their Country, Teodoro Is Looting Public Coffers - AllAfrica News: Equatorial Guinea
[East African] Equatorial Guinea has closed its embassy in the UK to protest sanctions on Teodorin Obiang, vice president and son of long-serving president Teodoro Obiang. Teodorin's assets in London will be frozen and he will not be able to enter the UK.
- Thu - Jul 29, 2021: 'Huge Victory' as Vice President's Conviction Upheld - AllAfrica News: Equatorial Guinea
[HRW] Paris -- Paves Way for Equatoguineans to Regain Stolen Resources
- Wed - Jul 28, 2021: VP Teodorin Obiang's French Embezzlement Appeal Thrown Out - AllAfrica News: Equatorial Guinea
[RFI] France's highest appeals court upheld the embezzlement guilty verdict against Teodorin Obiang, the vice president of Equatorial Guinea, which could result in the return of millions of euros in assets to the country
- Tue - Jul 27, 2021: Sanctions On President's Son - London Embassy to be Closed - AllAfrica News: Equatorial Guinea
[DW] The London embassy will close after the UK sanctioned the son of Equatorial Guinea's president last week. Britain has barred the president's son from entry and frozen his assets.