COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Presidential Republic
Current President: Alassane Ouattara
Population: 27,481,086 (2020)
Land Size: 332,462 sq km (124,503 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Thu - Jul 29, 2021: Fintech Julaya Raises U.S.$2 Million to Digitize Business Payments in Francophone Africa - AllAfrica News: Cote d'Ivoire
[TechCrunch] There are over 1 billion mobile money accounts globally. Africa leads the way in transaction value and volume thanks to M-Pesa, largely used in East Africa. Other regions across the continent are also growing fast.
- Wed - Jul 28, 2021: Ivory Coast - President Ouattara, Gbagbo Talk Peace - AllAfrica News: Cote d'Ivoire
[Cameroon Tribune] Before yesterday's symbolic meeting, the two leaders have had a brief convivial telephone conversation during which they hailed the reconciliation drive.
- Tue - Jul 27, 2021: President, Former President Meet in Bid for Reconciliation - AllAfrica News: Cote d'Ivoire
[DW] Ivorian President Alassane Ouattara and his predecessor, Laurent Gbagbo, are meeting 10 years after a power struggle between the two saw 3,000 people die and Gbagbo banished. Could real reconciliation be in the cards?
- Mon - Jul 26, 2021: IMF Executive Board Concludes 2021 Article IV Consultation With Côte d'Ivoire - AllAfrica News: Cote d'Ivoire
[IMF] Washington, DC -- On July 21, 2021, the Executive Board of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) concluded the Article IV 2021 consultation with Côte d'Ivoire. 
- Fri - Jul 23, 2021: Ouattara, Gbagbo Scheduled Talks Seen as Fight Sign of Reconciliation - AllAfrica News: Cote d'Ivoire
[East African] Two of the biggest political leaders in Cote d'Ivoire are set to meet next week in what is seen as a crucial step to reconcile the country's political past that nearly split it.