COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Roch Marc Christian Kaboré
Population: 20,835,401 (2020)
Land Size: 274,200 sq km (105,900 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Mon - Oct 18, 2021: Assistant Secretary for African Affairs Phee's Travel to Ghana and Burkina Faso - AllAfrica News: Burkina Faso
[State Department] Assistant Secretary of State for African Affairs Molly Phee will embark October 16 on her first trip to Africa as Assistant Secretary. Assistant Secretary Phee will begin her travel in Ghana, where she will meet with senior government officials and civil society representatives. The Assistant Secretary will reaffirm our strategic partnership and explore cooperation to advance shared global priorities, including ending the COVID-19 pandemic, expanding U.S.-Ghana trade and investment, addressing the climate
- Mon - Oct 18, 2021: Pan-African Film Fest Opens Amid Covid-19 and Security Challenges - AllAfrica News: Burkina Faso
[RFI] Africa's premier film festival, FESPACO, opened in the capital Ouagadougou on Saturday with a colourful high-energy ceremony and a message: Burkina Faso is back!
- Fri - Oct 15, 2021: Pan African Film Festival Begins in Burkina Faso - AllAfrica News: Burkina Faso
[VOA] Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso -- The Pan-African Film Festival of Ouagadougou returns to Burkina Faso this weekend after being canceled last year due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Wed - Oct 13, 2021: NPA Moves to Improve Petroleum Trade Between Ghana, Burkina Faso - AllAfrica News: Burkina Faso
[Ghanaian Times] The National Petroleum Authority (NPA) is reviewing export and transit arrangements with Societe Nationale Burkinabe d'Hydrocarbures (SONABHY) to improve petroleum trade between Ghana and Burkina Faso.
- Tue - Oct 12, 2021: Sankara Trial in Burkina Faso Delayed Two Weeks - AllAfrica News: Burkina Faso
[RFI] The trial of 14 people accused of plotting the assassination of Thomas Sankara, a revolutionary leader and former president of Burkina Faso, opened Monday, then adjourned for two weeks after defence lawyers asked for more time to prepare their case.