COAT OF ARMS
Government: Presidential Republic
Current President: Abdelmadjid Tebboune
Population: 42,972,878 (2020)
Land Size: 2.4 million sq km (919,595 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Tue - Aug 3, 2021: Hand Extended to Algeria, 'Key Point' of Throne Speech This Year (French Geo-Politologist) - AllAfrica News: Algeria
[MAP] Paris -- Morocco is tirelessly seeking appeasement and reconciliation with its eastern neighbor and the speech of HM King Mohammed VI is once again the illustration of this, says French geo-politologist Aymeric Chauprade, for whom the hand extended to Algeria is "the key point" of the Throne Speech this year.
- Tue - Aug 3, 2021: Covid-19 Vaccine Doses - "We Have Sufficient Quantities for August," Says Benbouzid - AllAfrica News: Algeria
[Algerie Presse Service] Algiers -- Minister of Health Pr. Abderrahmane Benbouzid reassured Monday, in Algiers, the citizens that Covid-19 vaccine doses are available in "sufficient quantities," calling them to respect the treatment protocol to contain the epidemic.
- Tue - Aug 3, 2021: Egypt, Algeria Agree to Support Saied, Stability in Tunisia - AllAfrica News: Algeria
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- Egypt and Algeria agreed to support President Kais Saied and "everything that would maintain stability in the country and help implement the will and choices of its people," the spokesperson for the Egyptian Presidency said in a press release Sunday following a meeting between Egypt's President Abdelfattah Al Sissi and Algeria's Minister of Foreign Affairs and the National Community Abroad, Ramtane Lamamra,
- Mon - Aug 2, 2021: Saied, Algeria's Lamamra Discuss Forthcoming Arab Summit - AllAfrica News: Algeria
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- President Kais Saied met on Sunday evening with Algeria's Minister of Foreign Affairs and the National Community Abroad Ramtane Lamamra, said the Presidency of the Republic. Lamamra is bearing an oral message from President Abdelmajid Tebboun.
- Mon - Aug 2, 2021: Covid-19 - Series of Measures to Ensure Availability of Oxygen in Hospitals - AllAfrica News: Algeria
[Algerie Presse Service] Prime Minister, Minister of Finance, Aimene Benabderrahmane said Thursday afternoon in Algiers that the state had taken "a series of measures" to ensure the availability of oxygen in hospitals and meet the growing demand due to the resurgence of contamination to the Covid-19.