COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Dominant-Party Presidential Republic
Current President: Robert Mugabe
Land Size: 390,759 sq km (150,873 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Fri - Aug 18, 2017: Immunity, or Not, What is Happening With Grace Mugabe? - AllAfrica News: Zimbabwe
[allAfrica] Cape Town -The Department of International Relations and Cooperation (Dirco) has reportedly denied that Zimbabwean First Lady Grace Mugabe will be granted diplomatic immunity despite reports to the contrary.
- Fri - Aug 18, 2017: Telecoms Giant Launches Credit Scheme for Civil Servants - AllAfrica News: Zimbabwe
[The Herald] Mobile Network operator, Econet has launched a new credit scheme that will enable civil servants to acquire smartphones at zero deposit and a combo of monthly data and voice calls for $12 per month.
- Fri - Aug 18, 2017: Harare Mayor, Opposition Leadership Clash - AllAfrica News: Zimbabwe
[The Herald] Harare mayor Councillor Bernard Manyenyeni has clashed with the MDC-T Harare leadership over his intentions to cut the city's salaries following a salary benchmarking exercise.
- Fri - Aug 18, 2017: Date Sate For Mahofa Burial - AllAfrica News: Zimbabwe
[The Herald] Masvingo Provincial Affairs Minister and Zanu-PF Politburo member Senator Shuvai Mahofa, who was declared a national heroine, will be buried at the National Heroes Acre on Sunday.
- Fri - Aug 18, 2017: Dlamini-Zuma Says Grace Mugabe Must Face The Law - AllAfrica News: Zimbabwe
[News24Wire] The African Union Commission's former chairperson, Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma, has reportedly said that women are capable leaders, adding that "the bahaviour of one woman should not be allowed to taint all women".