COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Dominant-Party Presidential Republic
Current President: Robert Mugabe
Land Size: 390,759 sq km (150,873 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Fri - Jul 21, 2017: U.S. $20 Million Boost for Command Agriculture - AllAfrica News: Zimbabwe
[263Chat] National Social Security Association (NSSA) has extended a US$20 million towards the government's Command Program to support the production of fertilizer.
- Fri - Jul 21, 2017: Political Violence On the Rise in Zimbabwe - AllAfrica News: Zimbabwe
[HRW] On Tuesday night, unidentified assailants burned down a bar in Harare owned by Elias Mudzuri, the deputy president of Zimbabwe's main opposition party, MDC-T. Mudzuri and several other local activists with whom I spoke believed that supporters of the ruling ZANU-PF party were responsible for this attack, as well as the one that destroyed the house of an MDC-T local councilor.
- Fri - Jul 21, 2017: Stop Acts of Violence - MDC-T Warns Zanu-PF - AllAfrica News: Zimbabwe
[263Chat] The Tsvangirai led Movement for Democratic Change (MDC-T) has send warning shots to the ruling Zanu PF following recent spate of violence targeted at opposition supporters including business premises of the party's vice President, Hon Elias Mudzuri.
- Fri - Jul 21, 2017: Firms Eye Region to Escape Zim Crisis - AllAfrica News: Zimbabwe
[Financial Gazette] ZIMBABWE's economic situation is unsettling.
- Fri - Jul 21, 2017: Mineral Exports Exceed U.S.$1 Billion Mark - AllAfrica News: Zimbabwe
[The Herald] Zimbabwe's total mineral export earnings in the first half of the year have exceeded the $1 billion mark as Government and miners move to grow the sector from a $2 billion to a $3 billion a year export sector, delegates attending the 22nd edition of the Mining, Engineering and Transport Expo (Mine Entra) have been told.