COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Dominant-Party Presidential Republic
Current President: Emmerson Mnangagwa
Population: 14,030,368 (2018)
Land Size: 390,759 sq km (150,873 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Wed - Dec 11, 2019: Currency Crisis Is Far From Being Resolved - AllAfrica News: Zimbabwe
[ISS] Zimbabweans are heading into yet another bleak festive season, with basic commodity costs soaring beyond the reach of many, and basic service delivery on the brink of collapse. The health system is barely holding, with junior doctors on three-month industrial action and teachers threatening to follow suit.
- Wed - Dec 11, 2019: Graft-Accused Former Minister Mupfumira 'Mentally Unstable' to Stand Trial - AllAfrica News: Zimbabwe
[New Zimbabwe] A renowned psychiatrist has "confirmed" corruption accused former Tourism Minister, Prisca Mupfumira to be mentally unstable to stand trial for her alleged offences.
- Wed - Dec 11, 2019: Millers Start Receiving Grain After Grain Marketing Board Lifts Sales Embargo - AllAfrica News: Zimbabwe
[New Zimbabwe] Zimbabwean millers started receiving grain from their Grain Marketing Board (GMB) depots after the national grain agent reversed its suspension on maize sales Tuesday.
- Wed - Dec 11, 2019: Mnnagagwa, VPs Tour Investment Development Agency Offices - AllAfrica News: Zimbabwe
[The Herald] President Mnangagwa, who was accompanied by Vice Presidents Constantino Chiwenga and Kembo Mohadi this morning toured the ZB Towers in Harare's central business district where offices for the Zimbabwe Investment Development Agency (ZIDA) will be housed once he assents the Act.
- Wed - Dec 11, 2019: MP Seeks Govt Answers Over Deformity-Causing Anti-Retroviral Therapy - AllAfrica News: Zimbabwe
[New Zimbabwe] Magwegwe legislator Anele Ndebele Tuesday asked Health Minister Obadiah Moyo to bring to parliament, a ministerial statement explaining why some people on Anti-Retroviral Therapy were experiencing bodily deformities.