COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Dominant-Party Presidential Republic
Current President: Emmerson Mnangagwa
Population: 13,805,084 (2017)
Land Size: 390,759 sq km (150,873 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Sat - Feb 16, 2019: Battlefields Mining Incident Declared State of Disaster - AllAfrica News: Zimbabwe
[The Herald] President Mnangagwa has declared a State of Disaster the incident in which between 60 and 70 artisanal miners are believed to have perished after mining shafts at Cricket No 3 and Jongwe Mining Cooperative mines in Mhondoro-Ngezi were flooded on Tuesday.
- Sat - Feb 16, 2019: ED Invite a Step in Right Direction - Khupe - AllAfrica News: Zimbabwe
[The Herald] President Mnangagwa on Wednesday last week held a meeting with leaders of political parties in the country to lay the foundation for dialogue. Here, Our Senior Reporter Tendai Mugabe speaks to MDC leader Thokozani Khupe on what transpired and issues around dialogue.
- Sat - Feb 16, 2019: African Swine Fever Outbreak Hits Zimbabwe - AllAfrica News: Zimbabwe
[The Herald] The country has been hit by African Swine Fever (ASF) which has already caused the death of 156 pigs in Nyakomba and Nyamaropa areas in Manicaland.
- Sat - Feb 16, 2019: 'Dead' Protester Kaitano Jailed - AllAfrica News: Zimbabwe
[The Herald] Kadoma -Tinashe Kaitano, who was alleged by MDC-Alliance and its non-governmental organisations associates to have been killed by security forces during the illegal demonstrations organised by the opposition party last month, was yesterday sentenced to three years in jail.
- Sat - Feb 16, 2019: President Declares Harare Metropolitan Province State of Disaster - AllAfrica News: Zimbabwe
[The Herald] President Mnangagwa has declared Harare Metropolitan Province and other areas a state of disaster due to the intermittent outbreaks of cholera. The notice was published in the Government Gazette General Notice 268 of 2019 yesterday.