COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Dominant-Party Presidential Republic
Current President: Emmerson Mnangagwa
Population: 14,546,314 (2020)
Land Size: 390,759 sq km (150,873 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Sat - Nov 28, 2020: 'Maradona Was Just a Universal Song, So Catholic That It Was Ubiquitous, Stop the Tambourine but the Music Will Still Be Playing On.' - AllAfrica News: Zimbabwe
[The Herald] THE last time I saw him was at a state-of-the-art football stadium with a name, as appropriate as any, which can be found in this game - Soccer City.
- Sat - Nov 28, 2020: Regional Leaders Plan 'Comprehensive' Response to Mozambique Attacks - AllAfrica News: Zimbabwe
[The Herald] Gaborone -- SADC yesterday undertook to work on a robust regional response to the growing threat of terrorism and insurgency in parts of Mozambique, which it will put in action once finalised.
- Sat - Nov 28, 2020: Zanu-PF Youths March in Solidarity With Murder Accused Leader - AllAfrica News: Zimbabwe
[New Zimbabwe] ZANU PF youths Friday brought Kwekwe CBD to a standstill when they were marching in solidarity with the party's youth leader Tapiwa Muto who faces charges of assault, public violence and murder.
- Fri - Nov 27, 2020: Family Farmers Struggle to Keep Up With Fast-Warming World - AllAfrica News: Zimbabwe
[Thomson Reuters Foundation] Rising global temperatures are predicted to fuel more hunger and inequality among small producers who grow a large share of the world's food - will they be able to adapt?
- Fri - Nov 27, 2020: Journalist Arrested While Taking Pictures - AllAfrica News: Zimbabwe
[MISA] Freelance journalist Panashe Makufa was on 26 November 2020 arrested in Harare's central business district while taking pictures of commuter transport problems.