COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Dominant-Party Presidential Republic
Current President: Emmerson Mnangagwa
Population: 14,546,314 (2020)
Land Size: 390,759 sq km (150,873 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Wed - Feb 24, 2021: Chombo in Court for Fraud, Abuse of Power - AllAfrica News: Zimbabwe
[The Herald] Former Cabinet Minister Ignatius Morgan Chombo today appeared in court on allegations involving illegal parcelling out of pieces of land in Harare and Zvimba Rural District during his tenure as the Minister of Local Government, Public Works and National Housing between 2000 and 2015.
- Wed - Feb 24, 2021: WFP Strengthens Community Skills in Urban Centres - AllAfrica News: Zimbabwe
[263Chat] The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) welcomes an additional US$7 million in new funding from Switzerland, through the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC), which will go directly towards assisting families living in Zimbabwe's urban areas to strengthen their skills and ability to cope in the face of economic and climate shocks.
- Wed - Feb 24, 2021: SME Sector Resilient Amid Pandemic - AllAfrica News: Zimbabwe
[263Chat] The Small to Medium Enterprises (SME) sector will predominantly survive the vagaries of the Covid-19 pandemic due to its fluid nature to adapt to changes in the economy, a sectorial lobby group has said.
- Wed - Feb 24, 2021: More Arrested for Lockdown Violations - AllAfrica News: Zimbabwe
[The Herald] SOME 3 261 more people were on Monday arrested countrywide for violating lockdown regulations, bringing to 454 747, the total number of those nabbed for related offences since March last year.
- Wed - Feb 24, 2021: Pakistan Businessman Battles to Travel to SA - AllAfrica News: Zimbabwe
[The Herald] PAKISTAN business tycoon Ali Mohammed, jointly accused with Henrietta Rushwaya and three others of attempting to smuggle 6kg of gold out of Zimbabwe, has so far failed to travel to South Africa to meet investors because of a mix-up over title deeds that needed to be deposited as surety for release of his passport.