COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Dominant-Party Presidential Republic
Current President: Robert Mugabe
Land Size: 390,759 sq km (150,873 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Fri - Apr 28, 2017: Trade and Industry On 2017 Zimbabwe International Trade Fair - AllAfrica News: Zimbabwe
[Govt of SA] The 2017 Zimbabwe International Trade Fair (ZITF) kicked-off to much fanfare and to greater opportunities of further strengthening bilateral trade relations between South Africa and Zimbabwe, to promote Intra-Africa trade as well as economic integration of the African continent.
- Fri - Apr 28, 2017: Revenue Authority to Tax Informal Sector - AllAfrica News: Zimbabwe
[Financial Gazette] THE Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (ZIMRA) has intensified efforts to collect taxes from the informal sector as it desperately seeks to shore up State coffers.
- Fri - Apr 28, 2017: Triangle Back Coach - AllAfrica News: Zimbabwe
[The Herald] THE management at Triangle have thrown their weight behind new gaffer Taurai Mangwiro and are confident results will come following an indifferent start to the season. Club chairman Lovemore Matikinyidze said they were not pressing the panic button. Mangwiro joined the Lowveld side at the start of the season when he left his previous job as ZIFA technical director.
- Fri - Apr 28, 2017: Minister Kasukuwere Suspends Entire Town Council - AllAfrica News: Zimbabwe
[The Herald] Local Government, Public Works and National Housing Minister Saviour Kasukuwere has suspended Chitungwiza Mayor Phillip Mutoti and all 24 councillors for allegedly corruptly allocating themselves tracts of land worth over $7 million. Chitungwiza Municipality has 14 MDC-T councillors, including Mayor Mutoti and 11 Zanu-PF councillors. The minister will appoint a three-person caretaker council to clean up the rot in the municipality.
- Fri - Apr 28, 2017: Timber Processing Giant Courts Suitors - AllAfrica News: Zimbabwe
[Financial Gazette] THE country's largest timber processing firm, Allied Timbers Zimbabwe (ATZ), a strategic parastatal sitting on 130 000 hectares of land, is courting suitors to help it construct electricity generation plants at its saw mills across the country using bio waste.