COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Dominant-Party Presidential Republic
Current President: Emmerson Mnangagwa
Population: 14,546,314 (2020)
Land Size: 390,759 sq km (150,873 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Tue - Jul 7, 2020: Heal Zimbabwe Trains Anti-GBV Ambassadors in Zaka - AllAfrica News: Zimbabwe
[Kubatana.net] Article 1 of the Convention on the Elimination of all Forms of Discrimination against Women (CEDAW) highlight that violence against women is a form of discrimination. The Convention defines discrimination against women as "... any distinction, exclusion or restriction made on the basis of sex which has the effect or purpose of impairing or nullifying the recognition, enjoyment or exercise by women, irrespective of their marital status, on a basis of equality of men and women, of human rights and fundamenta
- Tue - Jul 7, 2020: Step Up Fight Against Locust Plague Ahead of Next Farming Season - AllAfrica News: Zimbabwe
[The Herald] East Africa is in the midst of a Book of Exodus-kind-of-crisis with a plague of locusts spreading across the region threatening food supply systems and livelihoods for millions of people. The scale of the locust outbreak has been described as the worst in living memory. In Zimbabwe, a recent outbreak of the African migratory locust at the Gonarezhou National Park is sending jitters over swarms of the dreaded pests which have a potential of wreaking havoc in the coming 2020-2021 cropping season. In this rep
- Tue - Jul 7, 2020: Nehanda Statue - Chamisa Blasts Govt Over Poor Priorities - AllAfrica News: Zimbabwe
[New Zimbabwe] MDC Alliance leader Nelson Chamisa has criticised a government move to erect a memorial statue for First Chimurenga heroine, Ambuya Nehanda when the country should be putting priorities towards building infrastructure.
- Tue - Jul 7, 2020: COVID-19 Drugs Scandal Smears Mnangagwa - AllAfrica News: Zimbabwe
[East African] A corruption scandal involving top government officials is threatening to derail Zimbabwe's response to the coronavirus pandemic, with donors raising concern over the alleged pilfering of millions of dollars in public funds.
- Tue - Jul 7, 2020: U.S. in U.S.$60.55 Million Donation to Hunger-Stricken Zimbabwe Through WFP - AllAfrica News: Zimbabwe
[New Zimbabwe] The United States government, through the US Agency for International Development (USAID), has donated US$60.55 million through the World Food Programme (WFP) to assist Zimbabwe during its lean season.