COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Dominant-Party Presidential Republic
Current President: Robert Mugabe
Land Size: 390,759 sq km (150,873 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Sat - Mar 25, 2017: Journalists Charged With Insulting Mugabe - AllAfrica News: Zimbabwe
[CPJ] New York -Zimbabwean authorities should immediately drop all charges against News Day editor Wisdom Mdzungairi and reporter Richard Chidza, and should cease threatening journalists, the Committee to Protect Journalists said today.
- Fri - Mar 24, 2017: Should Nation Reject Education Minister Dokora's Curriculum? - AllAfrica News: Zimbabwe
[Zimbabwe Independent] I would like to add my voice to the growing chorus of Zimbabweans that are opposed to Education minister Lazarus Dokora's reform or is it "deform agenda, which were ratified by cabinet on September 22 2016 and unveiled by the minister on January 21 2017, in a policy paper entitled "Ground Zero -- Getting Traction".
- Fri - Mar 24, 2017: Suspect Challenges Legality of Assessors - AllAfrica News: Zimbabwe
[The Herald] A murder suspect has challenged the constitutionality of appointing assessors in criminal trials who have reached or are above the age of 70.
- Fri - Mar 24, 2017: Secretary for Mines Gudyanga Exposed, Claims Non-Existent Board Fees - AllAfrica News: Zimbabwe
[The Herald] Secretary for Mines and Mining Development Professor Francis Gudyanga, who led the Minerals Marketing Corporation of Zimbabwe (MMCZ) board since December 2013, never convened a meeting until a fortnight ago, but claimed $28 000 board sitting allowances, the court heard yesterday.
- Fri - Mar 24, 2017: Deliver Maize to Grain Marketing Board, VP Mnangagwa Urges Farmers - AllAfrica News: Zimbabwe
[The Herald] Alaska -Farmers should this selling season prioritise delivering their maize to the Grain Marketing Board and opening bank accounts to facilitate easy transactions since they will be assured of instant payment, Vice President Emmerson Mnangagwa has said.