COAT OF ARMS
Government: Legal status of territory and issue of sovereignty unresolved
Current President: President in Exile, Mohamed Abdelaziz
Land Size: 266,000 sq km (102,703 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Thu - Sep 21, 2017: A Saharawi Delegation Takes Part At UNGA 72nd Session - AllAfrica News: Western Sahara
[SPS] New York -A Saharawi delegation led by the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Mr. Mohamed Salem Ould-Salek, arrived in New York on the occasion of the 72nd session of the UN General Assembly.
- Wed - Sep 20, 2017: Sahrawi Delegation Attends Danish Social Democratic Party Annual Conference - AllAfrica News: Western Sahara
[SPS] Copenhagen -A delegation led by the POLISARIO's representative in Denmark, Mohamed Lamam Mohamed Ali, gas attended the annual conference of the Danish Social Democratic Party, which was held recently at the official invitation of the party.
- Tue - Sep 19, 2017: Conasadh Condemns Arbitrary Deportation of Sahrawi Political Prisoners of Gdeim Izik - AllAfrica News: Western Sahara
[SPS] Chahid El Hafed -The Saharawi National Commission For Human Rights (CONASDH) on Sunday condemned the abusive and arbitrary transfer of Sahrawi political prisoners from the Gdeim Izik group by the Moroccan occupation authorities to other Moroccan prisons.
- Tue - Sep 19, 2017: Follow-Up Committee G.izik Group's Trial Strongly Condemns Their Deportation and Considers Such a "Decision As a New Method of Reprisals" - AllAfrica News: Western Sahara
[SPS] Chahid El Hafed -The National Follow-up Committee of the Saharawi political prisoners of the G.Izik Group strongly condemned the Moroccan occupation authorities decision to deport the Saharawi activists, dubbing the decision "provocative and reprisal" during a meeting chaired by the President of the Republic, Brahim Gali at the headquarter of the Presidency of the Republic.
- Tue - Sep 5, 2017: Geingob Urges World to Resolve Western Sahara Issue - AllAfrica News: Western Sahara
[New Era] Windhoek -President Hage Geingob has reminded the world that the protracted Western Sahara issue still needs sorting out.