COAT OF ARMS
Government: Legal status of territory and issue of sovereignty unresolved
Current President: President in Exile, Brahim Ghali
Population: 652,271 (2020)
Land Size: 266,000 sq km (102,703 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Thu - Dec 2, 2021: Zanu-PF Youths Call for Sahrawi Independence - AllAfrica News: Western Sahara
[The Herald] Zimbabwe has been commended for its firm support for the de-colonisation of the Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic (SADR).
- Mon - Nov 22, 2021: Polisario Front Urges Foreign Companies to Leave Western Sahara - AllAfrica News: Western Sahara
[SPS] Shahid Al-Hafed -- The Polisario Front has called on all foreign companies to "immediately withdraw" from Western Sahara, as their presence in the region constitutes a "flagrant violation" of international law provisions.
- Sun - Nov 14, 2021: Sahrawi Army Ready to Liberate All Occupied Territories (Chief of Staff) - AllAfrica News: Western Sahara
[SPS] Algiers -- The Chief of Staff of the Sahrawi Army, Mohamed Al-Wali Akeik, affirmed that the Saharawi army is fully prepared to liberate all occupied Sahrawi territories and regain independence, calling on all commercial companies not to invest in the occupied territories "being a war and insecurity zone".
- Thu - Nov 11, 2021: Morocco Keen to 'Turn Page' On Western Sahara Conflict but No Shift On Territorial Rights - AllAfrica News: Western Sahara
[RFI] Morocco's foreign minister says the kingdom is committed to finding a solution to the "artificial conflict" in Western Sahara but ruled out negotiating its rights to the territory - at the heart of an ongoing dispute with neighbouring Algeria.
- Tue - Nov 2, 2021: SPLA Launches New Attacks Against Moroccan Occupation Forces - AllAfrica News: Western Sahara
[SPS] Bir Lahlou (Liberated Territories) -- Units of the Saharawi People's Liberation Army (SPLA) has carried out new attacks targeting the Moroccan occupation soldiers' entrenchments along the wall of humiliation and shame, according to military communiqué No. 353 of the Ministry of National Defense.