COAT OF ARMS
Government: Legal status of territory and issue of sovereignty unresolved
Current President: President in Exile, Brahim Ghali
Land Size: 266,000 sq km (102,703 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Sun - Apr 22, 2018: EFF Calls On Safa to Boycott Morocco's 2026 World Cup Bid Due to Morocco's Colonial Occupation Western Sahara - AllAfrica News: Western Sahara
[EFF] The Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF) calls on the South African Football Association (SAFA) not to support Morocco's 2026 World Cup bid due to Morocco's colonial role and illegal occupation of Western Sahara. Morocco through its illegal occupation continues with the subjugation of the people of Western Sahara through their occupation. Morocco does not believe in values of self-determination.
- Mon - Apr 16, 2018: Polisario Front Refutes Moroccan Allegations On Buffer Zone - AllAfrica News: Western Sahara
[SPS] Bir-Lehlu (Liberated Territories) -The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has affirmed that Morocco has undertaken during the last days, an unprecedented frenetic media and diplomatic disinformation campaign in a maneuver that aims to distort the reality of the facts on the ground and create confusion within public opinion.
- Wed - Apr 11, 2018: Settlement of Conflict in Western Sahara - There Is No Alternative to Negotiations - AllAfrica News: Western Sahara
[SPS] Algiers -Minister of Foreign Affairs Abdelkader Messahel underlined Tuesday, in an interview with France 24, that there is no alternative to negotiations between Morocco and the Polisario Front for the settlement of the conflict of Western Sahara.
- Mon - Apr 9, 2018: Memorial Service Is Held to Honour Late Boukhari Ahmed - AllAfrica News: Western Sahara
[SPS] Shaheed Al-Hafed -A memorial service has been held at the President of the Republic to honour late martyr Sahrawi diplomat Ahmed Bukhari, who passed away on Tuesday after a long illness as he was carrying out his national duties as a Frente POLISARIO representative to the United Nations.
- Thu - Apr 5, 2018: Govt Mulls 'Options' Over Polisario Front's Western Sahara 'Incursions' - AllAfrica News: Western Sahara
[Deutsche Welle] Morocco's top diplomat has threatened unilateral action against the Polisario Front for alleged incursions in UN-monitored buffer zones in Western Sahara. The Polisario Front seeks independence for the disputed region.