COAT OF ARMS
Government: Legal status of territory and issue of sovereignty unresolved
Current President: President in Exile, Brahim Ghali
Land Size: 266,000 sq km (102,703 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Wed - Jan 17, 2018: Postponement of the Students Detainees Trial of 'El Luali Comrades' - AllAfrica News: Western Sahara
[SPS] Marrakesh -The Marrakesh Court of Justice has decided to postpone the trial of the Saharawi political prisoners ,well known El Luali comrades ,to the February 13, justifying that by the absence of four detainees.
- Tue - Jan 16, 2018: Saharawi Delegate in Murcia Region Is Received By Murcia Authorities - Press - AllAfrica News: Western Sahara
[SPS] Murcia -.The Minister of Presidency and Development, Pedro Rivera, accompanied by the Director General of the European Union, External Action and Cooperation, Manuel Pleguezuelo, today received the Saharawi delegate in the Region of Murcia, Fatma Mohamed Salem, accompanied by members of her delegation and of the Saharawi Sonrisa Association of Murcia, to study the solidarity actions promoted by the regional government and reiterate the Executive's commitment to the Saharawi people, "which is reflected in actions s
- Tue - Jan 16, 2018: ANC Reaffirms Its Support to Saharawi People Inalienable Right to Self-Determination and Independence - AllAfrica News: Western Sahara
[SPS] Pretoria -The African National Congress (ANC) has reaffirmed its support for the inalienable right of the people of Western Sahara to self-determination and independence.
- Sat - Jan 13, 2018: Ramaphosa Outlines Plans for Radical Change - With Assurances - AllAfrica News: Western Sahara
[allAfrica] Cape Town -The African National Congress's new leader, Cyril Ramaphosa, sketched out a path for the party's future on Saturday which carefully balanced demands for radical change to address South Africa's deeply-rooted inequalities with assurances to investors, business people, farmers and minorities feeling threatened by the change.
- Sat - Jan 13, 2018: Can Ramaphosa Revitalise South Africa's Foreign Policy? - AllAfrica News: Western Sahara
[ISS] Many South Africans are hoping that Cyril Ramaphosa will inject badly needed energy, integrity and economic savvy into the country's lacklustre and sometimes corrupt and ideologically clouded policies - domestic and foreign.