COAT OF ARMS
Government: Legal status of territory and issue of sovereignty unresolved
Current President: President in Exile, Brahim Ghali
Land Size: 266,000 sq km (102,703 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Thu - Nov 23, 2017: Namibia Calls for Immediate Application of UN Resolutions On Western Sahara - AllAfrica News: Western Sahara
[SPS] Windhoek (Namibia) -The Republic of Namibia, called for urgent implementation of the United Nations resolutions related to the Saharawi question that guarantee the right of the Sahrawi people to freedom and independence in the framework of the annual meeting organized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Namibia, for the accredited diplomatic corps, diplomatic missions and international organizations, the minister of foreign affairs of Namibia, presented her country's position on the different international issues, reiterati
- Thu - Nov 16, 2017: M'hamed Khadad Affirms to Radio of Algeria 'SADR Will Be At the EU-AU Summit' - AllAfrica News: Western Sahara
[SPS] Algiers (Algeria) -The Saharawi coordinator with MINURSO, M'hamed Khadad, told Algeria's National Radio that the Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic (SADR) will be present at the EU-AU Summit, which will take place on November 29 and 30 in the Ivorian capital, Abidjan.
- Wed - Nov 15, 2017: 35th Foprel Calls for Peaceful Solution to Sahara Issue Under Moroccan Territorial Integrity - AllAfrica News: Western Sahara
[MAP] Rabat -The Rabat Declaration, which was adopted unanimously here on Tuesday by the participants in the 35th Forum of Presidents of the Legislative Bodies of Central America and the Caribbean Basin (FOPREL), calls for the support of efforts aimed at finding a peaceful, final and negotiated solution to the Sahara issue under the Moroccan territorial integrity and sovereignty, in accordance with the principles of the FOPREL.
- Tue - Nov 7, 2017: Frente Polisario Destroys 2,500 Antipersonnel Mines - AllAfrica News: Western Sahara
[SPS] Tifariti (Western Sahara) -The Frente POLISARIO has destroyed before international representatives 2,500 anti-personnel and antitank mines, collected in the liberated territories of Western Sahara, especially along the Moroccan wall of 2700 kilometers that divides the territory
- Tue - Nov 7, 2017: HM the King - No Settlement of Sahara Issue Is Possible Outside Morocco's Full Sovereignty and Autonomy Initiative - AllAfrica News: Western Sahara
[MAP] Rabat -HM King Mohammed VI reiterated, Monday, the Kingdom's firm position on the Moroccan Sahara question, stressing that no settlement of this issue is possible outside Morocco's full sovereignty over its Sahara, and outside the autonomy initiative.