COAT OF ARMS
Government: Legal status of territory and issue of sovereignty unresolved
Current President: President in Exile, Brahim Ghali
Population: 652,271 (2020)
Land Size: 266,000 sq km (102,703 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Thu - Feb 18, 2021: SPLA Conducts New Attacks On Moroccan Occupation Forces - AllAfrica News: Western Sahara
[Algerie Presse Service] Units of the Sahrawi People's Liberation Army (SPLA) carried out new attacks on the Moroccan army bases near the sand wall for the 98th consecutive day, said Wednesday a press release from the Sahrawi Ministry of Defence.
- Sat - Feb 6, 2021: Young Sahrawi Found Dead in Hospital in Occupied City of El-Aaiun - AllAfrica News: Western Sahara
[SPS] El-Aaiun (Occupied Territories) -- Sahrawi human rights sources told Sahrawi News Agency (SPS) that the family of young Sahrawi Mohamed-Salem Faheem, who had been missing for more than 20 days in mysterious circumstances, on Friday morning found his decomposed body in a hospital in the occupied city of El-Aaiun,.
- Wed - Feb 3, 2021: Suzanne Scholte - Hopeful That Biden Will Reverse Trump's Recognition of Moroccan Occupation of Western Sahara - AllAfrica News: Western Sahara
[SPS] Washington D.C (USA) -- The President of the American organization, Defence Forum Foundation, Mrs. Suzanne Sholte, said Today in a statement to SPS that she is hopeful that President Biden's administration will reverse "Trump's wrong decision" to recognize the Moroccan illegal occupation of Western Sahara.
- Tue - Feb 2, 2021: American Recognition of Moroccanness of Sahara, Major Turning Point for Peace and Stability in Whole Region (Italian Experts) - AllAfrica News: Western Sahara
[MAP] Rome -- The American decision recognizing the full and entire sovereignty of Morocco over its Sahara marked a major turning point which heralds better prospects in terms of promoting peace, stability, investment and economic integration throughout the region, noted leading Italian political scientists, academics and journalists.
- Wed - Jan 27, 2021: All Positions of Moroccan Occupation Forces to Be Targeted By Sahrawi Liberation Army - AllAfrica News: Western Sahara
[SPS] Chahid El-Hafed -- Saharawi Minister of Equipment Sid Ahmed Batal said that all positions of the Moroccan military forces will be targets for the Sahrawi Army that is fighting for independence.