COAT OF ARMS
Government: Dominant-Party Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Yoweri Museveni
Land Size: 241,038 sq km (93,072 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Thu - Jun 22, 2017: Chisanga to Start as Simbas Hunt on Uganda - AllAfrica News: Uganda
[Capital FM] Nairobi -Newcastle Falcons ace Joshua Chisanga and fly half Isaac Adimo are the only changes made for the Kenya Simbas starting XV that will lock horns with visitors Uganda Rugby Cranes in the second leg of the Elgon Cup to be played at the RFUEA Grounds on Saturday.
- Thu - Jun 22, 2017: Uganda and UN to Convene 'Solidarity Summit' Amid Fast-Growing Refugee Emergency - AllAfrica News: Uganda
[UN News] Facing a fast-growing refugee crisis, Uganda is set to host in its capital, Kampala, a 'Solidarity Summit' with the support of the United Nations, to rally international support for refugees and host communities in the form of donations, investments and innovative programmes.
- Thu - Jun 22, 2017: 'Eating' Kenya's Standard Gauge Railway - AllAfrica News: Uganda
[Citizen] As the stories on the Standard Gauge Railway (SGR) recently launched by President Uhuru Kenyatta continued to bubble - the glory it will bring, the cost, which pocketed what and didn't - I have been intrigued by a less glamorous part of the tale.
- Thu - Jun 22, 2017: UPDF Captain Accused of Harassing Relatives Over Land - AllAfrica News: Uganda
[Observer] Captain Sedius Mugisha, a Uganda People's Defence Forces (UPDF) officer is under the spotlight for allegedly using soldiers to harass his relatives in Rwobuyenje cell in Mbarara municipality.
- Thu - Jun 22, 2017: Court Orders Commissioner to Pay Shs 50 Million for Humiliating Doctor - AllAfrica News: Uganda
[Observer] Justice Oyuko Anthony Ojok has fined Kakonge Kambarage, the former Kabarole district resident commissioner Shs 50 million for humiliating a doctor.