COAT OF ARMS
Government: Dominant-Party Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Yoweri Museveni
Population: 40,853,749 (2018)
Land Size: 241,038 sq km (93,072 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Thu - Apr 25, 2019: Buyende Floods - Health Centre Stuck With Patients - AllAfrica News: Uganda
[Monitor] Jinja -Health workers at Kidera Sub-county in Buyende District, who are receiving victims of the Monday night downpour that left 18 dead and several people injured, are stuck following a power outage at the health facility.
- Thu - Apr 25, 2019: Parliament Orders Elections in 6 New Districts Before June - AllAfrica News: Uganda
[Monitor] Parliament -Parliament on Wednesday approved the report by the Legal and Parliamentary Affairs' committee with a recommendation that the house orders the Electoral Commission to organise elections in the six new districts without fail before the end of this Financial Year.
- Thu - Apr 25, 2019: Rainstorm Destroys 8 Schools, 54 Classrooms - AllAfrica News: Uganda
[Monitor] ALEBTONG/KOLE- At least 5,000 pupils in Alebtong District are studying under trees after a hailstorm destroyed their classrooms last week.
- Thu - Apr 25, 2019: Bobi Wine - From Police Peace Envoy to Detainee - AllAfrica News: Uganda
[Monitor] Kampala -About nine years ago, Kyadondo East MP Robert Kyagulanyi, alias, Bobi Wine now probably the State's most watched person, was government's top ambassador working with police and security agencies to fight crime.
- Thu - Apr 25, 2019: Kidnapped Pupils Released After Payment of Ransom - AllAfrica News: Uganda
[Monitor] Kanungu -Two Primary Seven pupils of Rukarara Primary School in Kanungu District that were on Easter Monday Kidnapped by suspected Congolese militia were on Tuesday evening released after their family members paid a ransom of Shs3.5 million.