COAT OF ARMS
Government: Dominant-Party Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Yoweri Museveni
Land Size: 241,038 sq km (93,072 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Tue - May 23, 2017: Three Dead As Critical Blood Shortage Hits Hospitals - AllAfrica News: Uganda
[Observer] Two sickle cell patients and an expectant mother died last week after failing to get blood transfusions from Luweero health centre IV and Nakaseke hospital.
- Tue - May 23, 2017: Powerful Start for Power - AllAfrica News: Uganda
[Observer] After defeating defending champions City Oilers 60-56 in the opening game of the season on Friday night, Power sent a strong message in regard to their plans for the year.
- Tue - May 23, 2017: Champs KCCA Plot for Club Africain - AllAfrica News: Uganda
[Observer] KCCA FC could only celebrate as much during the crowning moment of their 2016/2017 Uganda Premier League (UPL) triumph last Saturday at the Phillip Omondi stadium.
- Tue - May 23, 2017: Army, Police Leaders to Face Human Rights Body Over Torture - AllAfrica News: Uganda
[Monitor] Kampala -The Inspector General of Police, Gen Kale Kayihura, Chief of Defence Forces, Gen David Muhoozi, and Chieftaincy of Military Intelligence boss, Col Abel Kandiho, are expected to appear at the Uganda Human Rights Commission (UHRC) offices today to explain allegations of torture against suspects.
- Tue - May 23, 2017: Chinese Ambassador Defends His Citizens Dealing in Retail Trade - AllAfrica News: Uganda
[Monitor] Kampala -The Chinese ambassador to Uganda, Zheng ZhuQiang has defended his citizens' dealing in retail trade in the country citing lack of a legislation that bars foreigners from trading in a particular business.