COAT OF ARMS
Government: Dominant-Party Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Yoweri Museveni
Population: 39,570,125 (2017)
Land Size: 241,038 sq km (93,072 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Sat - Feb 16, 2019: Two Dead, 13 Injured in Kabale Accident - AllAfrica News: Uganda
[Monitor] Two people have died on spot while 13 sustained serious injuries after a semi-trailer lorry collided with a Kigali bound bus at Konyo trading centre about 3km from the Uganda-Rwanda border town of Katuna.
- Sat - Feb 16, 2019: Activist Nyanzi Loses Bid to Block Her Trial of Insulting Museveni - AllAfrica News: Uganda
[Monitor] Kampala -Makerere University research fellow Dr Stella Nyanzi has lost the bid to block her trial in which she's accused of harassing President Museveni when she allegedly insulted his late mother on her Facebook page.
- Sat - Feb 16, 2019: Inside the Crisis at MTN Uganda - AllAfrica News: Uganda
[Monitor] Kampala -The saga involving government and MTN Uganda bigwigs, which has been unfolding for months, appears to have reached a climax on Thursday night with the deportation of the telecom's chief executive officer, Wim Vanhelleputte.
- Sat - Feb 16, 2019: SK Mbuga's Wife Arrested - AllAfrica News: Uganda
[Monitor] Ms Angella Vivienne Chebet, the wife of Sulaiman Kabangala (aka SK) Mbuga, who is wanted in Sweden on a case of defrauding 53m Krona (about Shs20.9billion) from her Swedish boyfriend Sten Heinsoo, has been arrested and is being held at Katwe Police Station in Kampala.
- Fri - Feb 15, 2019: Minister Wants Titles On Govt Farms Cancelled, Land Officers Prosecuted - AllAfrica News: Uganda
[Independent (Kampala)] Kampala, Uganda -Joy Kafura Kabatsi, the Animal State Minister wants all private titles issued on government farms cancelled.