COAT OF ARMS
Government: Dominant-Party Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Yoweri Museveni
Population: 43,252,966 (2020)
Land Size: 241,038 sq km (93,072 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Thu - Feb 25, 2021: Covid-19 Aftershocks - Schools Open With Over 100,000 Pregnant Learners - AllAfrica News: Uganda
[Observer] On March 1, schools will open for the semi-candidate classes as the government eases restrictions on education institutions almost a year since President Museveni announced their closure as a measure to curb the spread of the coronavirus disease (Covid-19).
- Thu - Feb 25, 2021: Cabinet Reapproves Shelved Plan to Merge Authorities - AllAfrica News: Uganda
[Monitor] Cabinet has resolved to merge over 180 agencies, commissions, authorities and entities in a staff downsizing exercise that will reduce the salary bill by close to Shs988 billion.
- Thu - Feb 25, 2021: Uganda Baati Seeks to Cut Down Construction Costs - AllAfrica News: Uganda
[Observer] Uganda Baati Limited recently launched SAFBUILD, a new building solution designed to reduce property development delivery time and expenses incurred by contractors and customers.
- Thu - Feb 25, 2021: Village Chairperson Resurfaces After a Month in Hiding - AllAfrica News: Uganda
[Monitor] Mityana -- A village chairperson in Mityana District who has been missing for over month has resurfaced.
- Thu - Feb 25, 2021: Angry Losing MPs Withdraw Ambulances - AllAfrica News: Uganda
[Observer] To strengthen her re-election bid last September ahead of the NRM parliamentary primaries, outspoken minister of state for Investment and Privatisation, Evelyn Anite donated an ambulance to her constituents in the West Nile town of Koboko Municipality-creating one of the most critical services in this sub-region where too few ambulances are normally available for millions of people.