COAT OF ARMS
Government: Dominant-Party Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Yoweri Museveni
Land Size: 241,038 sq km (93,072 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Fri - Apr 28, 2017: Democratic Party Leaders in Luweero Defy Police On Meeting - AllAfrica News: Uganda
[Monitor] Luweero -Democratic Party leaders in Luweero District have vowed to defy a police directive stopping the planned meeting for party leaders in the area scheduled to take place at their offices in Wobulenzi Town on Friday.
- Fri - Apr 28, 2017: Court Dismisses Museveni Defamation Case Against Otunnu - AllAfrica News: Uganda
[Monitor] Kampala -Court in Kampala has dismissed the case in which former Uganda People's Congress (UPC) party president Olara Otunnu was accused of defaming President Museveni.
- Fri - Apr 28, 2017: Equatorial Guinea's Obiang Tells Museveni to be Careful With Oil - AllAfrica News: Uganda
[Monitor] Kampala -Uganda is looking to tap into Equatorial Guinea's experience of oil production, in order to build its own capacity before oil production starts.
- Fri - Apr 28, 2017: Besigye Announces Five-Point Action Plan - AllAfrica News: Uganda
[Observer] The Forum for Democratic Change (FDC) presidential candidate in the 2016 elections, Kizza Besigye, yesterday announced five strategies that he intends to focus on as he seeks to change political leadership in the country and "hand over power to the people."
- Fri - Apr 28, 2017: Army Officers Set for Huge Pay Rise - AllAfrica News: Uganda
[Observer] UPDF soldiers of all ranks are set to receive a massive salary raise in the 2017/18 financial year, which starts on July 1, The Observer has learnt.