COAT OF ARMS
Government: Dominant-Party Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Yoweri Museveni
Population: 40,853,749 (2018)
Land Size: 241,038 sq km (93,072 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Mon - Jun 17, 2019: Minister Wants Yoga Taught in Schools - AllAfrica News: Uganda
[Monitor] Kampala -The State minister for Primary Education, Ms Rosemary Seninde, has asked Physical Education teachers in schools to learn Yoga and teach it to students for their physical and mental health benefit.
- Mon - Jun 17, 2019: Rising Mental Illness Among Youth Worry Experts - AllAfrica News: Uganda
[Monitor] Kampala -Health experts from Butabika National Referral Mental Hospital have raised concern over the increasing number of mental disability (mental health disorders) cases among youth in the past three years.
- Mon - Jun 17, 2019: Busoga Below Poverty Levels - Kadaga - AllAfrica News: Uganda
[Monitor] Kampala -The Speaker of Parliament, Ms Rebecca Kadaga, has told government that the people of Busoga Sub-region, whom she represents, have continued to live in poverty despite the endowments they receive.
- Mon - Jun 17, 2019: Court Refuses to Block Kiruddu Sewage Plant - AllAfrica News: Uganda
[Monitor] Kampala -Court has dismissed an application seeking to block a government entity from constructing a sewage treatment plant to mitigate the irritating stench at Kiruddu Hospital in Kampala.
- Mon - Jun 17, 2019: WFP, Government Sued Over Contaminated Food - AllAfrica News: Uganda
[Monitor] Kampala -An anti-counterfeit body has petitioned court to declare that the supply of contaminated food by World Food Programme (WFP) to the people of Karamoja violated international standards.