COAT OF ARMS
Government: Dominant-Party Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Yoweri Museveni
Population: 39,570,125 (2017)
Land Size: 241,038 sq km (93,072 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Tue - Oct 16, 2018: No Justice for 2016 Kasese Massacre By Security Forces - AllAfrica News: Uganda
[HRW] Nairobi -Ugandan authorities have failed to investigate the police and military responsible for killing more than 100 people in western Uganda in 2016, Human Rights Watch said today, releasing a video featuring interviews with victims' families. Those killed on November 26 and 27, 2016 in Kasese, home of the Rwenzururu kingdom, included at least 15 children
- Tue - Oct 16, 2018: Bobi Wine's Body Guard Granted Bail - AllAfrica News: Uganda
[Monitor] Edward Sebuufu alias Eddie Mutwe, the bodyguard of Kyadondo East MP, Robert Kyagulanyi popularly known as Bobi Wine, has been granted bail at Gulu High Court.
- Tue - Oct 16, 2018: Kanye West and Kim Kardashian West Get African Names - AllAfrica News: Uganda
[Guardian] Kanye West has a new name again. The artist was given a new name by Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni. The Ugandan president's office stated that he has named the artist Kanyesigye, which means "Ï trust".
- Tue - Oct 16, 2018: KCCA Head Jennifer Musisi Resigns - AllAfrica News: Uganda
[Independent (Kampala)] Kampala, Uganda -Jennifer Musisi has resigned as Executive Director of Kampala Capital City Authority (KCCA).
- Tue - Oct 16, 2018: Kanye West Should Not Stop At Animals, Rivers and the Rolex - AllAfrica News: Uganda
[Monitor] For many African countries, tourism is associated with breath-taking natural features and wildlife that roams in the beautiful landscapes of the Savannah. Thus our marketing rotates mainly around that with the added culture embodied in traditional music, dance and drama.