COAT OF ARMS
Government: Dominant-Party Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Yoweri Museveni
Population: 39,570,125 (2017)
Land Size: 241,038 sq km (93,072 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Fri - Aug 17, 2018: Rugby Cranes Take On the Zimbabwe Sables in Africa Gold Cup - AllAfrica News: Uganda
[Observer] When the Zimbabwe Sables face the Rugby Cranes on Saturday at the Kyadondo Rugby Club in the final Africa Gold Cup game, they will have their mind also focusing on events elsewhere.
- Fri - Aug 17, 2018: Diplomats 'Disturbed' By Brutality Meted Out to Arua Suspects - AllAfrica News: Uganda
[Observer] Foreign missions in the country are "deeply concerned" and "disturbed" by government's brutal treatment of arrested members of parliament, journalists and citizens following clashes between opposition supporters and presidential guards in Arua district.
- Fri - Aug 17, 2018: UNBS Staff Was Murdered With Pavers - AllAfrica News: Uganda
[Monitor] Police in Mukono are investigating the brutal killing of a Uganda National Bureau of Standards (UNBS) staff that occurred on Thursday.
- Fri - Aug 17, 2018: Kabale Couple Injured in Failed Robbery Incident Dies - AllAfrica News: Uganda
[Monitor] A man, Francis Baryarugamu, and his wife Zam, who were shot and injured by gunmen riding a motorcycle have died two days after they were hospitalised.
- Fri - Aug 17, 2018: Kamwokya Schools Closed After Fresh 'Free Bobi Wine' Protests Erupt - AllAfrica News: Uganda
[Monitor] Some schools in Kamwokya have closed over tear gas fired by Police to disperse the angry mob who were demonstrating over the detention of Kyandondo East legislator Robert Kyagulanyi alias Bobi Wine.