COAT OF ARMS
Government: Dominant-Party Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Yoweri Museveni
Land Size: 241,038 sq km (93,072 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Sun - Apr 22, 2018: Does It Pay to Oppose or Support Museveni? - AllAfrica News: Uganda
[Monitor] Early last week, the rains came down in Butaleja District, destroying Leresi Bridge. Activity on the Nabumali-Kachonga-Butaleja-Busolwe-Namutumba road was paralysed.
- Sun - Apr 22, 2018: Miss Uganda Returns - AllAfrica News: Uganda
[Observer] After a one-year hiatus, Miss Uganda is back and the grand finale will take place on August 10 at Sheraton Kampala hotel.
- Sun - Apr 22, 2018: How Can Lives of Ugandans in the Middle East Be Improved? - AllAfrica News: Uganda
[Monitor] Every now and then, reports emerge of Ugandans being tortured in the Middle East. Majority of the victims are girls who secure domestic jobs as cleaners and housemaids. The common cases of mistreatment reported always include torture, negligence, rape, with deaths also recorded.
- Sat - Apr 21, 2018: 88 Senior Police Officers Reshuffled - AllAfrica News: Uganda
[Monitor] Kampala -Police director of human resource has moved 88 senior detectives ranging from the ranks of Commissioner of Police (CP) to Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP).
- Sat - Apr 21, 2018: Lands Officials Cited in Asians' Properties Bonanza - AllAfrica News: Uganda
[Monitor] Kampala -Hundreds of properties worth millions of dollars that belonged to Asians forced out of the country by Idi Amin are the subject of intense interest as government looks to wind up the body that manages them.