COAT OF ARMS
Government: Dominant-Party Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Yoweri Museveni
Land Size: 241,038 sq km (93,072 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Thu - Nov 23, 2017: After Mugabe, All Eyes Are On Museveni - How Long Can He Cling to Power? - AllAfrica News: Uganda
[The Conversation Africa] On 21 November, Zimbabwean president Robert Mugabe resigned as president under intense pressure from the military, his own party, and mass protests. The news was celebrated on the streets of Harare and also by pro-democracy activists across the continent.
- Thu - Nov 23, 2017: Striking Doctors Won't Go to Heaven - Priest - AllAfrica News: Uganda
[Monitor] Lira -A Catholic priest in Lira District has asked medical practitioners currently striking over salary discrepancy countrywide to call off the strike or they forget going to Heaven.
- Thu - Nov 23, 2017: All Electricity Meters to Be Retested - AllAfrica News: Uganda
[Monitor] Kampala -The Uganda National Bureau of Standards (UNBS), the statutory body that develops and promotes standards, will retest all the electricity metres currently in use.
- Thu - Nov 23, 2017: Four Kaweesi Murder Suspects Released On Bail, Three Charged Afresh - AllAfrica News: Uganda
[Monitor] Kampala -Four Kaweesi murder suspects released on bail while three others have been charged afresh with being part of the Allied Defense Force (ADF) rebels.
- Thu - Nov 23, 2017: Museveni Promises Pay Hike for Soldiers - AllAfrica News: Uganda
[Monitor] Kampala -President Museveni has hailed the UPDF for its devotion towards ensuring national security as he announced a salary review for army officers.