COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Beji Caid Essebsi
Population: 11,000,000 (2014)
Land Size: 164,150 sq km (63,378 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Tue - May 23, 2017: KCCA, Africain Coaches Reveal Inside Knowledge Ahead of CAF Clash - AllAfrica News: Tunisia
[Monitor] Kampala -Mike Mutebi watched at least six Club Africain Tunisian league matches on tape and a couple of continental ones from last season while in Morocco as the KCCA manager pondered a comeback from a 3-0 defeat to Fus Rabat 10 days ago.
- Tue - May 16, 2017: Security Forces Interrogate News Website Cofounder - AllAfrica News: Tunisia
[CPJ] Officers from the Tunisian National Guard's Central Investigation Brigade interrogated Sami Ben Gharbia, the cofounder of the independent news website Nawaat, for six hours on May 3, 2017, demanding that he reveal the sources of an April 24 article about a draft economic and financial reconciliation law, Ben Gharbia told the Committee to Protect Journalists. The officers also demanded that he supply the names, phone numbers, and national identification card numbers of all the journalists who worked on the
- Mon - May 15, 2017: Thousands Protest Against Corruption Amnesty Bill - AllAfrica News: Tunisia
[Al Jazeera] More than 2,000 Tunisians marched in the country's capital protesting a proposed amnesty bill that would see businessmen accused of corruption under ousted president Zine El Abidine Ben Ali walk free.
- Thu - May 11, 2017: Army Deployed to Protect Oil and Gas Fields Against Protests - AllAfrica News: Tunisia
[Deutsche Welle] For the first time, troops in Tunisia are to be deployed to protect key industrial sites against protests, sit-ins and strikes. Poverty, unemployment and corruption are ongoing issues in the North African state.
- Sun - May 7, 2017: Tunisian Ambassador Commends Sudan-Tunisia Relations - AllAfrica News: Tunisia
[SNA] Khartoum -Ambassador of Tunisia to Sudan, Emad Al-Rahmouni has lauded relations between Sudan and Tunisia.