COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Beji Caid Essebsi
Population: 11,000,000 (2014)
Land Size: 164,150 sq km (63,378 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Wed - Apr 19, 2017: Transparency International Condemns Threats of Violence and Intimidation Against Its Tunisia Partner - AllAfrica News: Tunisia
[PR Newswire] Berlin -Transparency International, the global anti-corruption movement, condemns the threats made against its partner in Tunisia and calls on the authorities investigate the smear campaign against IWatch Tunisia.
- Tue - Apr 18, 2017: Tunisia Signs Pact for Direct Access to Africa Human Rights Court - AllAfrica News: Tunisia
[Capital FM] Arusha, Tanzania -Tunisia has signed a declaration to allow its citizens and NGOs in the country to file cases directly at the African Court on Human and People's Rights (AfCHPR).
- Tue - Apr 18, 2017: Tunisia Embraces African Court - AllAfrica News: Tunisia
[Daily News] The Republic of Tunisia yesterday joined Tanzania and other states in the African continent to sign a declaration, enabling Non- Governmental Organizations (NGOs) and individuals to access the African Court on Human and Peoples' Rights (AfCHPR) directly.
- Thu - Apr 6, 2017: African Court on Human and Peoples' Rights to Visit Egypt, Tunisia - AllAfrica News: Tunisia
[Daily News] The African Court on Human and Peoples' Rights (AfCHPR) is set to visit and conduct sensitisation seminars in the Arab Republic of Egypt as well as in the Republic of Tunisia late this week and next week respectively.
- Wed - Apr 5, 2017: AfCHPR Makes Case for Egypt and Tunisia's Access to Court - AllAfrica News: Tunisia
[Nation] The African Court on Human and Peoples' Rights (AfCHPR) is actively pushing for more countries to grant their citizens the rights to access it in order to promote justice on the continent.