COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Beji Caid Essebsi
Population: 11,000,000 (2014)
Land Size: 164,150 sq km (63,378 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Thu - Jul 27, 2017: Tunisia Travel Advice Update - AllAfrica News: Tunisia
[PR Newswire] London -Foreign & Commonwealth Office changes travel advice for Tunisia
- Wed - Jul 26, 2017: Li Yuanchao Meets With Foreign Minister Khemaies Jhinaoui of Tunisia - AllAfrica News: Tunisia
[Focac] On July 20, 2017, Vice President Li Yuanchao met in Beijing with Foreign Minister Khemaies Jhinaoui of Tunisia.
- Tue - Jul 25, 2017: Wang Yi Holds Talks With Foreign Minister Khemaies Jhinaoui of Tunisia - AllAfrica News: Tunisia
[Focac] On July 19, 2017, Foreign Minister Wang Yi held talks in Beijing with visiting Foreign Minister Khemaies Jhinaoui of Tunisia. Wang Yi expressed that China and Tunisia enjoy a long-standing friendship, and both sides have always supported each other on issues concerning respective core interests and major concerns. With the common care of the two heads of state, China-Tunisia relations have maintained a rapid and sound development momentum in recent years, and yielded positive outcomes from practical cooper
- Tue - Jul 25, 2017: Draft Law Could Return Tunisia to a Police State - AllAfrica News: Tunisia
[HRW] Since the fall of the government of President Zine el-Abidine Ben Ali in 2011, Tunisia's nascent democracy has made great strides. These include the adoption of a new constitution, greater media freedom, and free and democratic elections. These changes were reflected in the awarding of the Nobel Peace Prize in 2015 to a coalition of civil society groups.
- Tue - Jul 18, 2017: Commission Approves Disbursement of €100 Million in Assistance to Tunisia - AllAfrica News: Tunisia
[PR Newswire] Brussels -The European Commission, on behalf of the EU, has today approved the disbursement of a ?100 million loan to Tunisia.