COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Beji Caid Essebsi
Population: 11,403,800 (2017)
Land Size: 164,150 sq km (63,378 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Fri - Jun 22, 2018: Tunisia to Host 22nd Edition of "Futurallia" International Business Forum, November 14-16 - AllAfrica News: Tunisia
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -Tunisia will play host for the first time to the 22nd edition of the "FUTURALLIA" International Business Forum, November 14-16.
- Fri - Jun 22, 2018: Ways to Expand Tunisia-UK Co-Operation Discussed As FM Meets Alistair Burt - AllAfrica News: Tunisia
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -Foreign Minister Khemaies Jhinaoui met Thursday in Tunis with United Kingdom's Minister of State for Middle East and North Africa Alistair Burt who highlighted his country's keenness to expand the relations of co-operation and partnership with Tunisia.
- Fri - Jun 22, 2018: Tunisia, UK Establish Permanent Committee to Support Scientific Co-Operation - AllAfrica News: Tunisia
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -Tunisia and the United Kingdom, on Thursday, decided to set up a permanent committee to support scientific co-operation between the two countries, following a meeting in Tunis attended by Higher Education Minister Salim Khalbous and British Minister of State for the Middle East and North Africa Alistair Burt.
- Wed - Jun 20, 2018: Man Arrested in Connection to Kerkennah Migrant Shipwreck - AllAfrica News: Tunisia
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -A 37-year-old man involved in the migrant shipwreck off the island of Kerkennah, governorate of Sfax, was arrested, the Interior Ministry Wednesday announced.
- Wed - Jun 20, 2018: Tunisia, Canada Eye Bilateral Agreement On Investment Incentive - AllAfrica News: Tunisia
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -Minister of Foreign Affairs Khemaies Jhinaoui and Canadian International Minister of Trade François-Philippe Champagne agreed at a meeting in Ottawa to bring together experts from both countries to resume negotiations for a bilateral agreement on encouraging and protecting investment, Foreign Affairs Department said in a statement.