COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Kaïs Saïed
Population: 11,721,177 (2020)
Land Size: 164,150 sq km (63,378 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Wed - Nov 25, 2020: Club Africain's 100 Years of Tunisian Pride - AllAfrica News: Tunisia
[New Frame] Then under French control, the founders stood up to the authorities to create the first Tunisian football club managed by Tunisians. They have weathered many storms since to reach a century.
- Wed - Nov 25, 2020: Transitional Justice At the Mercy of Politics - AllAfrica News: Tunisia
[JusticeInfo.net] Tunis -- Three parties and a president have produced bills aimed at national reconciliation, often driven by the desire to interrupt or even reverse the transitional justice process. They mark a failure on the part of politicians, and show how transitional justice in Tunisia is again subject to the vagaries of political calculations.
- Tue - Nov 24, 2020: Tunisia - Harsh Sentence Against Blogger - AllAfrica News: Tunisia
[HRW] Tunis -- Repeal Laws Restraining Free Speech
- Sun - Nov 15, 2020: Mondia Launches Its 'Pay-As-You-Go' Digital Content Platform Monsooq in South Africa but Plans Roll-Out in Nigeria, Egypt, Tunisia and Kenya - AllAfrica News: Tunisia
[Balancing Act] London -- The making of the mobile industry was the moment that pre-paid calling was implemented. Users with no secure income but relatively small amounts of money could become customers when they had money. This week Mondia has launched a content platform that might become the "pre-pay" moment for digital content in Africa. Russell Southwood talked to Paolo Rizzardini, CCO, Mondia about its plans.
- Sun - Nov 15, 2020: The Days of Meeting Underdogs in Afcon Over - AllAfrica News: Tunisia
[Daily News] LAST night Taifa Stars were supposed to have played against their hosts, Tunisia in an Africa Cup of Nations (Afcon) qualifier match. Tunisia, as we all know, cannot in any way be compared with us. This is a team that has qualified for the Fifa World Cup at least three times.