COAT OF ARMS
Government: Presidential Republic
Current President: Faure Gnassingbé
Population: 7,965,055 (2017)
Land Size: 56,785 sq km (21,925 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Sun - Feb 10, 2019: Poorer African Nations Rank High in Disease-Fighters' League Table - AllAfrica News: Togo
[Uniting to Combat Neglected Tropical Diseases] Addis Ababa -African countries with modest national incomes are outperforming some richer nations on the continent in the fight against diseases of poverty known as neglected tropical diseases (NTDs), according to a new league table ranking.
- Sat - Feb 9, 2019: Lassa Fever - WHO Increases Response in Nigeria, Four Other West African Countries - AllAfrica News: Togo
[Premium Times] With five West African countries reporting outbreaks of Lassa fever, the World Health Organisation (WHO) has scaled up its efforts to support the region's response.
- Fri - Feb 8, 2019: Togo and IFAD Partnering for Improved Financial Services and Job Creation for Rural People - AllAfrica News: Togo
[Togonews] Over 50,000 vulnerable rural households in Togo will benefit from a US$35 million project that aims to spur inclusive rural economic growth and create employment opportunities in rural areas through a value chains approach, according to the details of a financing agreement signed today by government of Togo and the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD).
- Mon - Feb 4, 2019: Battle for U.S. Skies - Ethiopian Airlines Ups the Stakes - AllAfrica News: Togo
[East African] Africa's leading carrier, Ethiopian Airlines, has upped the competition for the US market, with this week's announcement that it will introduce three-times-a-week flights to the John F Kennedy International Airport in New York, adding to its flights to the city's Newark International Airport.
- Wed - Jan 30, 2019: Gambia's Automatic Nations Cup Chances Lowered After Togo Protest Ditched - AllAfrica News: Togo
[Foroyaa] Gambia's chances of a direct push to the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations now lean precariously after CAF rejected a protest against Togo.