COAT OF ARMS
Government: Presidential Republic
Current President: Faure Gnassingbé
Population: 7,965,055 (2017)
Land Size: 56,785 sq km (21,925 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Mon - Dec 10, 2018: Deaths Reported as Govt Forces Move Against Protesters - AllAfrica News: Togo
[Deutsche Welle] Deaths were reported in Togo after security forces moved against protesters across the West African state. Opposition leaders accused "regime soldiers" of opening fire and urged their supporters to continue street demos.
- Thu - Dec 6, 2018: Ghana, Togo Maritime Boundary Disputes in Limbo - AllAfrica News: Togo
[Ghanaian Times] MR LAWRENCE Apaalse, the Head of Ghana's Technical Team negotiating the Maritime Boundary delimitation with Togo, has said that there is no consensus in sight in the raging disagreement between the two countries on their boundary on the high sea.
- Wed - Dec 5, 2018: Ethiopian to Connect L.A., Addis Through Togo - AllAfrica News: Togo
[Addis Fortune] Ethiopian Airlines is set to begin flights that connect Los Angeles with Addis Ababa through the West African city of Lomé, Togo.
- Fri - Nov 30, 2018: Three subsidiaries of Pan-African banking group Oragroup win The Banker "Bank of the year award" - AllAfrica News: Togo
[35°N] The three subsidiaries of the Oragroup Banking Group, in Burkina Faso, Senegal and Togo won the award for best bank in their respective countries. This award is presented by The Banker magazine, a publication of the Financial Times group.
- Mon - Nov 26, 2018: Bishops Call for Reforms Ahead of Elections - AllAfrica News: Togo
[CISA] Lomé -The Episcopal Conference of Togo (CET) has called for constitutional and institutional reforms in line with the ECOWAS roadmap as the country approaches the December 20 parliamentary elections.