COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: Dar Es Salaam
Government: Unitary Presidential Socialist Republic
Current President: Dr. John Magufuli
Population: 53,950,935 (2017)
Land Size: 945,087 sq km (364,900 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
note: Kiswahili (Swahili) is the mother tongue of the Bantu people living in Zanzibar and nearby coastal Tanzania; although Kiswahili is Bantu in structure and origin, its vocabulary draws on a variety of sources including Arabic and English; it has become the lingua franca of central and eastern Africa; the first language of most people is one of the local languages.
- Fri - Feb 15, 2019: Piece of Firewood Used to Punish Pupil, Says Witness - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[Daily News] THE assistant head teacher of Kibeta Primary School in Bukoba Municipal Council Sundi Elisha (40) told the High Court yesterday that the school discipline teacher used a piece of firewood to cane a Standard Five pupil, who later fainted and died, while being rushed to Bukoba Referral Regional Hospital.
- Fri - Feb 15, 2019: Tanzania Unveils U-17 Mascot - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[Daily News] TANZANIA unveiled the 2019 Under-17 Africa's Cup of Nations (AFCON) official mascot, at a short ceremony in Dar es Salaam yesterday.
- Fri - Feb 15, 2019: Dodoma Residents Assured of Safe Meat - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[Daily News] THE Ministry of Livestock and Fisheries has said it is well-prepared to ensure the meat consumed by Dodoma residents has the highest quality as required by law.
- Fri - Feb 15, 2019: TTCL Given 30 Days to Supply Simcards, Vouchers in Rural Areas - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[Daily News] THE government has issued 30- day ultimatum to the TTCL Corporation to ensure its SimCards and airtime vouchers reach all rural areas to bolster their coverage across the country.
- Fri - Feb 15, 2019: CRDB Hailed for Opening Special Forex Window in Arusha - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[Daily News] ARUSHA Regional Commissioner (RC), Mrisho Gambo has hailed CRDB Bank for opening a special window for foreign exchange at its Arusha branches.