COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: Dar Es Salaam
Government: Unitary Presidential Socialist Republic
Current President: Dr. John Magufuli
Population: 55,451,343 (2018)
Land Size: 945,087 sq km (364,900 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
note: Kiswahili (Swahili) is the mother tongue of the Bantu people living in Zanzibar and nearby coastal Tanzania; although Kiswahili is Bantu in structure and origin, its vocabulary draws on a variety of sources including Arabic and English; it has become the lingua franca of central and eastern Africa; the first language of most people is one of the local languages.
- Wed - Aug 21, 2019: Malawi U-17 Are Whipping Boys in Tanzania At Feassa Tournament - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[Nyasa Times] The Malawi Under-17 National Football Team is in Arusha, Tanzania, taking part in this year's Federation of East African Secondary Schools Associations (FEASSA) tournament as guests and so far they have been whipping boys.
- Wed - Aug 21, 2019: Miss Tanzania 2019 Winner to Take Home Sh10m - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[Citizen] Dar es Salaam -The winner of the Miss Tanzania 2019 Beauty Pageant will take home Sh10 million cash, the organisers, the Look Company, has announced.
- Wed - Aug 21, 2019: Mohammed Dewji's Abductors Still At Large, Kisutu Court Told - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[Citizen] Dar es Salaam -Abductors of Dar es Salaam businessman Mohammmed Dewji are still at large, the Kisutu Magistrate's court was told today August 20.
- Wed - Aug 21, 2019: Acacia Halts North Mara Gold Processing Over Leak - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[East African] Acacia mining has ceased operations in its North Mara gold mine in Tanzania following a prohibition notice to stop using its tailings storage facility from the National Environment Management Council.
- Tue - Aug 20, 2019: Tanzania, Kenya to Have Fastest Growing Hotel Industry - P Wc - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[Daily News] TANZANIA and Kenya are projected to have the next fastest growing hotel industry in Africa thanks to ongoing extensive tourism promotional campaigns, robust economy and strong visitors appeal, a new report says.