COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: Dar Es Salaam
Government: Unitary Presidential Socialist Republic
Current President: Dr. John Magufuli
Population: 51,820,000 (2014)
Land Size: 945,087 sq km (364,900 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
note: Kiswahili (Swahili) is the mother tongue of the Bantu people living in Zanzibar and nearby coastal Tanzania; although Kiswahili is Bantu in structure and origin, its vocabulary draws on a variety of sources including Arabic and English; it has become the lingua franca of central and eastern Africa; the first language of most people is one of the local languages.
- Thu - Jun 22, 2017: Multisectoral Initiative Contribution in Tourism Growth - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[Daily News] In due course, ATC will have to wrestle a lot on competition and customer demands before the government can sigh with relief on this investment.
- Thu - Jun 22, 2017: Add More Steam Into Uplifting Children's Lot - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[Daily News] A baby's entry into the world is usually greeted delightfully by parents, broader family members and well-wishers.Their prayers and expectations are that the baby will enjoy good health, acquire a good education, a beneficial profession, and, ultimately, become a resourceful adult.
- Thu - Jun 22, 2017: Tap the Potential of ICT Infrastructure in Place - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[Citizen] The government of Tanzania constructed the national fibre optic cable network named as National ICT Broadband Backbone (NICTBB) with a view to achieving its ICT vision.
- Thu - Jun 22, 2017: 'Eating' Kenya's Standard Gauge Railway - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[Citizen] As the stories on the Standard Gauge Railway (SGR) recently launched by President Uhuru Kenyatta continued to bubble - the glory it will bring, the cost, which pocketed what and didn't - I have been intrigued by a less glamorous part of the tale.
- Thu - Jun 22, 2017: Parents Urged to Fight Child Abuse - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[Citizen] Mbeya -Parents and guardians in the country have been called on to support efforts made by non-governmental organisations (NGOs) in the fight against child abuse.