COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: Dar Es Salaam
Government: Unitary Presidential Socialist Republic
Current President: Dr. John Magufuli
Population: 55,451,343 (2018)
Land Size: 945,087 sq km (364,900 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
note: Kiswahili (Swahili) is the mother tongue of the Bantu people living in Zanzibar and nearby coastal Tanzania; although Kiswahili is Bantu in structure and origin, its vocabulary draws on a variety of sources including Arabic and English; it has become the lingua franca of central and eastern Africa; the first language of most people is one of the local languages.
- Sat - Oct 19, 2019: Can Airtel Tanzania's New Feature Take Over Mobile Money Services? - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[The Exchange] Tanzania's smartphone's network--Airtel Tanzania, has ushered a new mobile money service branded "Send With a withdraw fee", emerging with a rather customized competitive advantage within the growing mobile money industry in Tanzania.
- Sat - Oct 19, 2019: Germany Injects $8.69 Million to Boost Tanzania's ICT in Health - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[The Exchange] Sustainable development can't be realized in Tanzania without a healthy population, that's why the health sector has acquired a rather vital financial support from its development partner Germany to ameliorate, Information and Communications Technology (ICT) within the National Health Insurance Fund (NHIF) parameters.
- Sat - Oct 19, 2019: Jafo - Voter Listing Exceeds the Target - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[Daily News] THE government has surpassed its target in listing voters for the much awaited Local Government Elections scheduled for next month.
- Sat - Oct 19, 2019: Kijazi Says Tourism Should Be Propped - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[Daily News] STAKEHOLDERS in the tourism sector have been challenged to come up with strategies that will help to increase the number of tourists who visit the country.
- Sat - Oct 19, 2019: Foreign Goods' Flow Irks PM - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[Daily News] THE Prime Minister Kassim Majaliwa has directed the Ministry of Industry and Trade to conduct a study on why the local market is still flooded by imports of goods that are locally produced.