COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: Dar Es Salaam
Government: Unitary Presidential Socialist Republic
Current President: Dr. John Magufuli
Population: 58,552,845 (2020)
Land Size: 945,087 sq km (364,900 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
note: Kiswahili (Swahili) is the mother tongue of the Bantu people living in Zanzibar and nearby coastal Tanzania; although Kiswahili is Bantu in structure and origin, its vocabulary draws on a variety of sources including Arabic and English; it has become the lingua franca of central and eastern Africa; the first language of most people is one of the local languages.
- Wed - May 12, 2021: Gladiators Drawn Against Twiga Stars - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[Namibian] THE Brave Gladiators received a tough opponent in Tanzania after the draw for the 2022 Women's Africa Cup of Nations was made at the Confederation of African Football's headquarters in Cairo on Monday.
- Wed - May 12, 2021: Tanzania and IFAD Partner to Bost Productivity, Improve Food Security - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[IFAD] Rome, 12 May 2021: A US$77.4 million project signed by the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) and the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania will bring much needed help to 260,000 rural households facing the impacts of climate change. The Agriculture and Fisheries Development Programme (AFDP) will provide the means for rural people to boost productivity, improve food security and nutrition, and increase their resilience.
- Wed - May 12, 2021: Former DPP Biswalo Mganga, 20 Others Picked As New High Court Judges - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[Citizen] Dar es Salaam -- President Samia Suluhu Hassan Tuesday appointed Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) Biswalo Mganga as judge of the High Court in a move heralding changes in the administration of justice in the country.
- Wed - May 12, 2021: Government Will Not Compensate Election Chaos Victims in Liwale - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[Citizen] Dar es Salaam -- The government said on Wednesday, May 12, 2021, that victims of October 28, 2020 General Election chaos in Liwale Constituency in Lindi Region will not be compensated.
- Wed - May 12, 2021: Decentralized Birth Registration for Under-Five Rolled Out in Arusha and Manyara - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[Citizen] Arusha and Manyara regions has on Tuesday May 11, launched the implementation of the decentralized birth registration system.