COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: Dar Es Salaam
Government: Unitary Presidential Socialist Republic
Current President: Dr. John Magufuli
Population: 51,820,000 (2014)
Land Size: 945,087 sq km (364,900 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
note: Kiswahili (Swahili) is the mother tongue of the Bantu people living in Zanzibar and nearby coastal Tanzania; although Kiswahili is Bantu in structure and origin, its vocabulary draws on a variety of sources including Arabic and English; it has become the lingua franca of central and eastern Africa; the first language of most people is one of the local languages.
- Sun - Apr 22, 2018: After AliKiba's Wedding, His Sister Zabibu Is Next in Line - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[Citizen] Dar es Salaam -Shortly after artist Ali Kiba married Amina Khalef in a colorful wedding that took place in Mombasa last week, it has emerged that the singer-songwriter's sister will also say 'I do' in the coming few months.
- Sat - Apr 21, 2018: Tanzanian Socialite and Video Vixen Passes On After Short Illness - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[Nairobi News] The Tanzanian showbiz industry has been thrown into mourning following the death of popular video queen and socialite, Agnes Masogange.
- Sat - Apr 21, 2018: Why Govt Cut the Health Budget - Minister Explains - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[Citizen] Dodoma -Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children minister Ummy Mwalimu on Friday April 20 told the parliament that her docket's budget estimates for 2018/19 financial year were cut down following the criticisms that were raised by a section of lawmakers.
- Sat - Apr 21, 2018: Govt Steps Up Efforts to Fight Malaria - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[Focac] Dar es Salaam -Tanzanian authorities said on Thursday that they have stepped up measures to fight malaria, including distributing 236,420 liters of biological anti-mosquito pesticides across the country.
- Sat - Apr 21, 2018: Advocate Convicted Over Insulting President - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[Daily News] THE Kisutu Resident Magistrate's Court in Dar es Salaam yesterday convicted a member of the bar, Advocate Leonard Kyaruzi, of insulting President John Magufuli on the social media, sentencing him to three years in jail or payment of a 5m/- fine.