COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: Dar Es Salaam
Government: Unitary Presidential Socialist Republic
Current President: Dr. John Magufuli
Population: 58,552,845 (2020)
Land Size: 945,087 sq km (364,900 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
note: Kiswahili (Swahili) is the mother tongue of the Bantu people living in Zanzibar and nearby coastal Tanzania; although Kiswahili is Bantu in structure and origin, its vocabulary draws on a variety of sources including Arabic and English; it has become the lingua franca of central and eastern Africa; the first language of most people is one of the local languages.
- Thu - Feb 25, 2021: President Magufuli to Dissolve Dar es Salaam City Council - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[Citizen] Dar es Salaam -- President Magufuli has today said that he intends to dissolve Dar es Salaam City Council and instead turn one of the municipalities into a city authority..
- Thu - Feb 25, 2021: Govt to Widen Fight Against Desert Locusts - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[Daily News] THE government will buy aircrafts to spray against and control gigantic new desert locust swarms that are hitting the Eastern and Central Africa region, threatening millions with hunger.
- Thu - Feb 25, 2021: Magufuli Names Ubungo Interchange After John Kijazi - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[Citizen] Dar es Salaam -- The newly constructed Ubungo interchange that has been launched on Wednesday, February 24 will now be called the 'Kijazi Interchange'.
- Thu - Feb 25, 2021: 250km Feeder Roads for Upgrading - Govt - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[Daily News] THE Minister of State- President's Office (Regional Administration, Local government and special department) Mr Masoud Ali Mohamed has promised that plans are already underway to improve and upgrade most of the feeder roads currently in bad condition.
- Thu - Feb 25, 2021: Delays in Issuing Secondary Certificates Irk Isles Lawmakers - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[Daily News] SOME members of the Zanzibar House of Representatives have expressed dissatisfaction with delays in issuing National Form IV and Form VI school certificates by the National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA).