COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: Dar Es Salaam
Government: Unitary Presidential Socialist Republic
Current President: Dr. John Magufuli
Population: 51,820,000 (2014)
Land Size: 945,087 sq km (364,900 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
note: Kiswahili (Swahili) is the mother tongue of the Bantu people living in Zanzibar and nearby coastal Tanzania; although Kiswahili is Bantu in structure and origin, its vocabulary draws on a variety of sources including Arabic and English; it has become the lingua franca of central and eastern Africa; the first language of most people is one of the local languages.
- Thu - Jul 27, 2017: Chinese News Agency Xinhua Pledges to Work With TSN - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[Daily News] CHINESE media executives and scholars from the People's Republic of China and senior officials of the Tanzania Standard (Newspapers) Limited, (TSN), publishers of Dailynews, HabariLeo, SpotiLeo and Sunday News in a souvenir photo after having discussions at the Daily News house located along Nelson Mandela Expressway in Dar es Salaam, yesterday. Front row from left; Mr Ye Tianfa, Cultural Attaché at the Embassy of China, HabariLeo Acting Editor, Mr Nicodemus Ikonko, Mr Yang Qingbing, Xinhuanet Vice
- Thu - Jul 27, 2017: As Arteries to Human Anatomy, So Are the Road Networks to Economy - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[Daily News] FOR nine good days, the Head of State traversed kilometers of dusty roads, opening up road links that will connect our economic activities in much the same way arteries in human anatomy facilitate blood circulation.
- Thu - Jul 27, 2017: TIB Slashes Losses, Bad Loans Up - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[Daily News] TIB Development Bank has considerably reduced its net loss 17 times to 582m/- in this year quarter two (Q2) after cutting expenses.
- Thu - Jul 27, 2017: School Heads Get Week's Ultimatum From RC Makonda - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[Daily News] DAR ES SALAAM Regional Commissioner Paul Makonda has issued a oneweek ultimatum to head of schools in the city to outline problems mostly troubling their schools and suggest solutions to improve performance.
- Thu - Jul 27, 2017: Foundation Commits Over 10 Billion/ - in Support to Local NGOs - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[Daily News] THE Foundation for Civil Society (FCS) plans to commit over 10bn/- to support some 153 local civil society organisations implement various developmental projects across the country.