COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: Dar Es Salaam
Government: Unitary Presidential Socialist Republic
Current President: Dr. John Magufuli
Population: 58,552,845 (2020)
Land Size: 945,087 sq km (364,900 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
note: Kiswahili (Swahili) is the mother tongue of the Bantu people living in Zanzibar and nearby coastal Tanzania; although Kiswahili is Bantu in structure and origin, its vocabulary draws on a variety of sources including Arabic and English; it has become the lingua franca of central and eastern Africa; the first language of most people is one of the local languages.
- Tue - Jul 7, 2020: Police Corner 32 Suspects for Stealing NMB's 2bn/- - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[Daily News] POLICE in Dar es Salaam are holding 32 suspects including two staff of Security Group of Africa (SGA) in connection with theft of 2.08bn/- belonging to the NMB Bank.
- Tue - Jul 7, 2020: Govt Eyes Lake Tanganyika Zone As Prospect Economic Hub - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[Daily News] PRIME Minister, Mr Kassim Majaliwa has reiterated the fifth-phase government's determination to open up the Lake Tanganyika Zone as an economic hub, by expanding and building four ports in Rukwa and Katavi regions at the cost of over 65.3bn/-.
- Tue - Jul 7, 2020: Magufuli Cautions Political Aspirants - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[Daily News] PRESIDENT John Magufuli on Monday said the doors are open for his appointees who crave for a career in electoral politics.
- Tue - Jul 7, 2020: Poachers Slapped With 20-Jail Term - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[Daily News] THE Court of Appeal has sentenced five wildlife poachers to 20 years imprisonment or pay 2.3bn/- fine each, for unlawful possession of 18 pieces of elephant tusks.
- Tue - Jul 7, 2020: Tanzania Cigarette Maker Posts 7% Profit Rise - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[East African] Despite continuing regulatory and operational challenges, the Tanzania Cigarette Company (TCC) posted an annual profit for the first time in three years, signalling a turn of fortunes. The company currently has the highest-priced shares on the Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange.