COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: Dar Es Salaam
Government: Unitary Presidential Socialist Republic
Current President: Dr. John Magufuli
Population: 53,950,935 (2017)
Land Size: 945,087 sq km (364,900 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
note: Kiswahili (Swahili) is the mother tongue of the Bantu people living in Zanzibar and nearby coastal Tanzania; although Kiswahili is Bantu in structure and origin, its vocabulary draws on a variety of sources including Arabic and English; it has become the lingua franca of central and eastern Africa; the first language of most people is one of the local languages.
- Fri - Dec 14, 2018: Bandari Goalkeeper Linked With Tanzania Giants - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[Nation] Bandari goalkeeper Farouk Shikalo could be headed to top Tanzanian side Young Africans (Yanga).
- Fri - Dec 14, 2018: UAE to Open Consulate in Zanzibar - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[Citizen] Unguja -The new Ambassador of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) to Tanzania, Khalifa Abdulrahman Mohamed Al-Marzooqi, says the UAE has targeted to open its consulate in Zanzibar next year.
- Fri - Dec 14, 2018: Petty Traders Turn Out En Masse for New IDs - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[Citizen] Dar es Salaam -Thousands of petty traders from Kinondoni and Ilala municipalities yesterday turned out in large numbers to register for special identification cards.
- Fri - Dec 14, 2018: Attracting Foreign Investments for Growth of Capital Market - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[Citizen] Towards the end of September this year FTSE Russell, one of the leading global providers of stock market indices and associated data service, including markets/countries' classification, reached out to the Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange (DSE), informing us that as part of the FTSE Country Classification Annual Review, the FTSE Russell Country Classification Advisory Committee and the FTSE Russell Policy Advisory Board have approved the addition of Tanzania to the "FTSE Watch List" for possible Clas
- Fri - Dec 14, 2018: Police Pledge to Locate Missing Muslim Cleric - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[Citizen] Mwanza -Police here have said they have launched a search for the missing Muslim cleric and academician, Sheikh Bashir Gora, who is believed to have been abducted by unknown people.