COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: Dar Es Salaam
Government: Unitary Presidential Socialist Republic
Current President: Dr. John Magufuli
Population: 55,451,343 (2018)
Land Size: 945,087 sq km (364,900 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
note: Kiswahili (Swahili) is the mother tongue of the Bantu people living in Zanzibar and nearby coastal Tanzania; although Kiswahili is Bantu in structure and origin, its vocabulary draws on a variety of sources including Arabic and English; it has become the lingua franca of central and eastern Africa; the first language of most people is one of the local languages.
- Mon - Jun 17, 2019: Acacia Under Pressure for 'Human-Rights Violations' - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[East African] Acacia Mining is facing increased pressure to resolve human-rights concerns at its North Mara goldmine.
- Mon - Jun 17, 2019: Bank of Tanzania Lowers Banks' Minimum Reserves to Spur Growth - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[East African] Tanzania's Central bank has taken yet another liquidity-easing measure, reducing banks' minimum reserves requirement to seven per cent, from eight per cent, effective July 1.
- Mon - Jun 17, 2019: Tanzania's New Trade Minister Outlines Priorities - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[Citizen] Dodoma -The new Industry and Trade minister, Mr Innocent Bashungwa, has outlined what he is going to start with, in serving the new docket as government minister following the recent Cabinet changes.
- Mon - Jun 17, 2019: How Will Tanzania Government Finance Its 2019/20 Budget? That Is the Big Question - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[Citizen] Dar es Salaam -Observers continue to analyse the government budget for the 2019/20 financial year which was tabled in Parliament for debate last Thursday.
- Mon - Jun 17, 2019: Man Jailed 30 Years for Defiling Minor - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[Citizen] Siha -The Siha District Court in Kilimanjaro Region has handed Gudlack Mungure a 30-year jail term after finding him guilty of defiling a 13-year-old standard six Makiwaru Primary School pupil.