COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: Dar Es Salaam
Government: Unitary Presidential Socialist Republic
Current President: Dr. John Magufuli
Population: 51,820,000 (2014)
Land Size: 945,087 sq km (364,900 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
note: Kiswahili (Swahili) is the mother tongue of the Bantu people living in Zanzibar and nearby coastal Tanzania; although Kiswahili is Bantu in structure and origin, its vocabulary draws on a variety of sources including Arabic and English; it has become the lingua franca of central and eastern Africa; the first language of most people is one of the local languages.
- Wed - May 24, 2017: Magufuli Makes Changes in Tamisemi Office - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[Citizen] Dar es Salaam -President John Magufuli has appointed Mr Tixon Nzunda to be the Deputy Permanent Secretary in President's Office Regional Administration and Local governments responsible for education.
- Wed - May 24, 2017: Dismay As Manji Quits Yanga - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[Citizen] Dar es Salaam -Yusuf Manji's 11 years as Young Africans chairman came to an abrupt end yesterday when called it quits.
- Wed - May 24, 2017: Ex-Gor Mahia Coach Salutes Simba - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[Citizen] Dar es Salaam -Simba SC goalkeeping coach Idd Salim is thrilled with the Msimbazi Reds' performance in the just concluded Vodacom Premier League season.
- Wed - May 24, 2017: Sh1.6 Billion to Be Spent On Construction of Steel Plant - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[Citizen] Arusha -The Government Employees Pension Fund (GEPF) plans to hand over Sh1.6billion to Kilimanjaro Machine Tools Limited (KMTL) for construction of a steel plant.
- Wed - May 24, 2017: Municipal Council to Handle Land Issues After CDA Was Dissolved, Govt - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[Citizen] Dar es Salaam -The government has reiterated that all land issues will be handled by the municipal council after the decision by President John Magufuli to dissolve the Capital Development Authority (CDA).