COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: Dar Es Salaam
Government: Unitary Presidential Socialist Republic
Current President: Dr. John Magufuli
Population: 55,451,343 (2018)
Land Size: 945,087 sq km (364,900 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
note: Kiswahili (Swahili) is the mother tongue of the Bantu people living in Zanzibar and nearby coastal Tanzania; although Kiswahili is Bantu in structure and origin, its vocabulary draws on a variety of sources including Arabic and English; it has become the lingua franca of central and eastern Africa; the first language of most people is one of the local languages.
- Wed - Dec 11, 2019: Keep Emotions Away From Business Affairs Says Mohammed Dewji - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[Citizen] Kampala -Mr Mohammed Dewji's ideas and experience regarding building a business empire are compelling.
- Wed - Dec 11, 2019: Chadema Youth Council Elects Pambalu As New Chairman - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[Citizen] Dar es Salaam -John Pambalu, has been elected as the new chairman of the Chadema Youth Council (Bavicha) after winning 150 votes beating competition from two other opponents.
- Wed - Dec 11, 2019: Inmate Refuses to Leave Jail After President Magufuli's Pardon - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[Citizen] Mbeya -To be incarcerated denies one his freedom in many ways and many would do anything to regain it, but that is not for Merad Abraham who was pardoned by the President.
- Wed - Dec 11, 2019: A Golden Win for Tanzania At Regional Photography Contest - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[Citizen] Twenty -eight-year-old Daniel Charles Msirikale from Tanzania, who is a freelance photographer, emerged the overall winner of the 2019 'Safal Eye in the Wild' photography competition for his piece that showed (two young boys heading home from fetching water with a third boy pumping water from a borehole).
- Wed - Dec 11, 2019: Tanzania Billionaire Dewji Stakes Shs160m for Kili Stars to Lift Cecefa Cup - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[Monitor] Tanzania billionaire Mohammed 'Mo' Dewji has promised Kilimanjaro Stars approximately Shs160m (TZsh100m) if the win the Cecafa Senior Challenge Cup currently taking place here.