COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: Dar Es Salaam
Government: Unitary Presidential Socialist Republic
Current President: Dr. John Magufuli
Population: 58,552,845 (2020)
Land Size: 945,087 sq km (364,900 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
note: Kiswahili (Swahili) is the mother tongue of the Bantu people living in Zanzibar and nearby coastal Tanzania; although Kiswahili is Bantu in structure and origin, its vocabulary draws on a variety of sources including Arabic and English; it has become the lingua franca of central and eastern Africa; the first language of most people is one of the local languages.
- Sun - Sep 20, 2020: NEC Completes Appeal Review As 20 MP Candidates Sail Unopposed - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[Daily News] THE National Electoral Commission (NEC) has completed the review and analysis of all appeals lodged to the electoral body, with 20 parliamentary candidates confirmed to have sailed unopposed.
- Sun - Sep 20, 2020: 'Aviation Outlay Worth It' - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[Daily News] CCM Presidential candidate Dr John Magufuli yesterday defended his government's massive investment in the aviation industry, saying the move strategically aimed at boosting the country's economy.
- Sun - Sep 20, 2020: Thank You Tanzania-Ndayishimiye - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[Daily News] BURUNDI President, Evariste Ndayishimiye yesterday arrived in Kigoma, Tanzania for his maiden state visit, delivering an emotional speech, thanking Tanzania for its contribution to the peace process in his nation.
- Sun - Sep 20, 2020: Dar, Bujumbura Eye Greater Economic Ties - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[Daily News] TANZANIA and Burundi have committed to deepen and strengthen economic ties through expanded trade and investment, with a goal of achieving decent livelihoods in both countries.
- Sun - Sep 20, 2020: Expedite Justice Dispensation - JPM - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[Daily News] PRESIDENT John Magufuli has called on the Judiciary to effectively utilise the country's improved and new infrastructure to enhance dispensation of justice.