COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: Dar Es Salaam
Government: Unitary Presidential Socialist Republic
Current President: Dr. John Magufuli
Population: 51,820,000 (2014)
Land Size: 945,087 sq km (364,900 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
note: Kiswahili (Swahili) is the mother tongue of the Bantu people living in Zanzibar and nearby coastal Tanzania; although Kiswahili is Bantu in structure and origin, its vocabulary draws on a variety of sources including Arabic and English; it has become the lingua franca of central and eastern Africa; the first language of most people is one of the local languages.
- Fri - Apr 28, 2017: TPB Bank Pretax Profit Increases in Q1 - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[Daily News] TPB Bank has almost doubled pretax profit in quarter one of this year thanks to net interest, thus cementing further its bid to list on Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange (DSE) main market.
- Fri - Apr 28, 2017: Incubation Plan to Help Entrepreneurs - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[Daily News] About 800,000 graduates enter the labour market each year and most of them fail to secure jobs; it is on this backdrop that the Entrepreneurship, Management and Development (IMED) Foundation is inviting potential young entrepreneurs for incubation programmes.
- Fri - Apr 28, 2017: Fake Insurance Cover Schemes Haunt Sector - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[Daily News] Zanzibar -The Managing Director of National Insurance Corporation (NIC), Sam Kamanga has emphasized to member states of the Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA) to ensure that hitches hampering use of Yellow Card Scheme are removed.
- Fri - Apr 28, 2017: Learning By Practice - Students Exposed to Conservation - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[Daily News] Principal of Singita Grumeti Environmental Education Center Mr Laurian Lamatus carefully explains a point to some students who attended an environmental course at the center recently .
- Fri - Apr 28, 2017: Wake Up Dodoma! Sports Fortune On Your Way - AllAfrica News: Tanzania
[Daily News] VARIOUS sports projects have been launched in support of Dodoma capitalization.