COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: Lobamba (royal/legislative,) Mbabane (administrative)
Government: Unitary Parliamentary Absolute Diarchy
Current King: Mswati III
Population: 1,087,200 (2018)
Land Size: 17,364 sq km (6,704 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Thu - Apr 9, 2020: Swaziland Govt or Agents 'Committed Unlawful Killings', New Human Rights Report States - AllAfrica News: Swaziland
[Swazi Media] The Swaziland (eSwatini) government and its agents committed 'arbitrary or unlawful killings', according to reports, the latest United States report on human rights in the kingdom states.
- Thu - Apr 9, 2020: Swaziland to Start Own Coronavirus Testing, but Only 100 a Day for 1.3 Million People - AllAfrica News: Swaziland
[Swazi Media] The Swaziland (eSwatini) Ministry of Health is preparing to start testing for coronavirus within the kingdom for the first time since the pandemic crisis started last month.
- Thu - Apr 2, 2020: More Businesses in Swaziland to Close As Govt Tightens Coronavirus Lockdown - AllAfrica News: Swaziland
[Swazi Media] The Swaziland (eSwatini) Government announced that all non-essential businesses in the kingdom should close down from Friday (3 April 2020) as measures to tackle the coronavirus pandemic are stepped up.
- Wed - Apr 1, 2020: Total Number of Coronavirus Test Results Received By Swaziland Ministry of Health Tops 320 - AllAfrica News: Swaziland
[Swazi Media] The Swaziland (eSwatini) Health Ministry has received 324 results of coronavirus tests sent to South Africa in total since 15 March 2020.
- Fri - Mar 27, 2020: Can Eswatini's Traditional Healers Encourage HIV Testing? - AllAfrica News: Swaziland
[IPS] Mbabane -Doctor Khalishwayo is a traditional healer based in Nhlangano, a town in the Shiselweni Region, in southern Eswatini. His clients are people who consult him when they are suffering from different ailments. And he in turn diagnoses them using divine methods.