COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: Lobamba (royal/legislative,) Mbabane (administrative)
Government: Unitary Parliamentary Absolute Diarchy
Current King: Mswati III
Land Size: 17,364 sq km (6,704 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Thu - Mar 23, 2017: Swazi Election Campaigning Illegal - AllAfrica News: Swaziland
[Swazi Media] The Elections and Boundaries Commission (EBC) in Swaziland has warned people it is illegal to campaign for the national election until they have been given permission.
- Wed - Mar 22, 2017: Security Forces 'Not Under Control' - AllAfrica News: Swaziland
[Swazi Media] Security forces in Swaziland are not kept under proper control, a new report on human rights in the kingdom has revealed. And, about 35 percent of the entire Swazi Government workforce was assigned to security-related functions.
- Tue - Mar 14, 2017: Swazi Group Slams SADC Over 'Inaction, Failure' in 'Ensuring Democracy' - AllAfrica News: Swaziland
[News24Wire] A Swazi civil society group has criticised the Southern African Development Community (SADC) for its "inaction and failure in ensuring democracy" in the region.
- Tue - Mar 14, 2017: Protest Threatened at Entry Points Over 'Rabidly Intolerant' Mswati Regime - AllAfrica News: Swaziland
[News24Wire] A civil society group has threatened to stage a go slow protest at Swaziland's entry points to put pressure on King Mswati III to end what they say is a "rabidly intolerant regime" in that country.
- Sat - Mar 11, 2017: Your 'Rabidly Intolerant Regime Is a Dismal Failure', King Mswati III Told - AllAfrica News: Swaziland
[News24Wire] Civil society groups have demanded that Swaziland's absolute monarch repeal a 44 year decree banning political parties.