COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: Lobamba (royal/legislative,) Mbabane (administrative)
Government: Unitary Parliamentary Absolute Diarchy
Current King: Mswati III
Population: 1,104,479 (2020)
Land Size: 17,364 sq km (6,704 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Wed - Sep 16, 2020: Swaziland Coronavirus Deaths Top 100 As Number of Tests Undertaken Falls - AllAfrica News: Swaziland
[Swazi Media] The number of deaths from coronavirus in Swaziland (eSwatini) has broken through the 100 barrier to 101. Meanwhile, the number of test results announced by the Ministry of Health is falling.
- Tue - Sep 15, 2020: eSwatini - a Brief Tale of Two Laws - AllAfrica News: Swaziland
[New Frame] An act passed to recover the proceeds of organised crime may now be used by eSwatini's authorities to score points for a cannabis law that many think will benefit a powerful few.
- Sun - Sep 13, 2020: Swaziland Democracy Leader and Former MP Jan Sithole Dies - AllAfrica News: Swaziland
[Swazi Media] Jan Sithole, the former Manzini North Member of Parliament and President of the Swaziland Democratic Party (SWADEPA), has died. He was taken ill at home and later died in hospital. He was 67 years old.
- Sat - Sep 12, 2020: Former Swaziland Govt Minister in Court On Double Murder Charges - AllAfrica News: Swaziland
[Swazi Media] Former Swaziland (eSwatini) Minister of Public Works and Transport Ntuntuko Dlamini has appeared in court on two charges of murder and one of attempted murder following a shooting during a land dispute.
- Fri - Sep 4, 2020: Eswatini Hires South African PR Firm to Make It Look Better for Investors - AllAfrica News: Swaziland
[Daily Maverick] Eswatini wants to position itself as a stable, peaceful investment destination - and one that could be home to businesses leaving South Africa - and it's roped in Vuma Reputation Management to help shake its image of a despotic monarchy.