COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: Lobamba (royal/legislative,) Mbabane (administrative)
Government: Unitary Parliamentary Absolute Diarchy
Current King: Mswati III
Land Size: 17,364 sq km (6,704 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Thu - Apr 27, 2017: Cost of Flying Swazi King's Jet - AllAfrica News: Swaziland
[Swazi Media] As confusion reigns over the true cost on King Mswati III second private jet, confidential figures suggest his present plane may have cost Swaziland at least US$15 million to operate since he received it in 2012.
- Tue - Apr 25, 2017: Confusion Over Cost of King's Jet - AllAfrica News: Swaziland
[Swazi Media] Swaziland lawmakers have been told that the King's jet will cost the impoverished kingdom US$12.6 million. In the national budget in February 2016, E96 million (about US$7.3 million) had been set aside for the jet.
- Mon - Apr 24, 2017: Swazi King's 'God Delusion' - AllAfrica News: Swaziland
[Swazi Media] King Mswati III, who rules as an absolute monarch over the destitute kingdom of Swaziland, appears to have a God delusion.
- Fri - Apr 21, 2017: Mauritius and the Kingdom of Swaziland Sign a Bilateral Air Services Agreement - AllAfrica News: Swaziland
[Government of Mauritius] Mauritius signed a Memorandum of Understanding and initialled a Bilateral Air Services Agreement (BASA) with the Kingdom of Swaziland on 19 April 2017 at the Prime Minister's Office in Port Louis. The signatories for the Mauritian side was the Solicitor-General, Mr D. K. Dabee, and for the Swazi side the Director General of Swaziland Civil Aviation Authority, Mr Solomon Dube.
- Fri - Apr 21, 2017: Swazi Circumcision Drive Failing - AllAfrica News: Swaziland
[Swazi Media] As the discredited campaign to circumcise men in Swaziland to prevent HIV infection continues to fail, two government ministries are now targeting schoolboys.