COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: Lobamba (royal/legislative,) Mbabane (administrative)
Government: Unitary Parliamentary Absolute Diarchy
Current King: Mswati III
Population: 1,104,479 (2020)
Land Size: 17,364 sq km (6,704 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Sun - Jul 5, 2020: Entire eSwatini Cabinet in Isolation After Minister Tests Positive for COVID-19 - AllAfrica News: Swaziland
[Swazi Media] All 18 cabinet ministers in Swaziland (eSwatini) have been ordered into isolation after one of them tested positive for coronavirus.
- Wed - Jul 1, 2020: Coronavirus Cases Continue to Rise Despite Three-Month Partial Lockdown - AllAfrica News: Swaziland
[Swazi Media] The total number of positive coronavirus cases officially reported in Swaziland (eSwatini) passed 800 on the 30 June 2020. So far there have been 11 reported deaths.
- Tue - Jun 30, 2020: Teachers Say Govt's Plan to Reopen Schools Unsafe - AllAfrica News: Swaziland
[Swazi Media] Union leaders have urged the Swaziland (eSwatini) Government not to go ahead with plans to reopen schools next week from coronavirus lockdown because it is unsafe to do so.
- Wed - Jun 24, 2020: MEC Ivan Meyer Visits Grain Farmers in the Swartland - AllAfrica News: Swaziland
[Govt of SA] Yesterday, the Western Cape MEC of Agriculture, Dr Ivan Meyer, and Executive Mayor of Swartland Municipality, Mr Tjimen van Essen visited Swartland grain and livestock farmers, Alfreda Mars and Andries van der Poll.
- Wed - Jun 24, 2020: LGBTIQ+ Rights Group Back in High Court for Legal Recognition Bid - AllAfrica News: Swaziland
[Swazi Media] An LGBTI rights group in Swaziland (eSwatini) is back in the High Court to challenge a ruling that it cannot be allowed to operate in the kingdom.