COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: Lobamba (royal/legislative,) Mbabane (administrative)
Government: Unitary Parliamentary Absolute Diarchy
Current King: Mswati III
Population: 1,467,152 (2017)
Land Size: 17,364 sq km (6,704 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Tue - Oct 16, 2018: Reported Attempt to Re-Form Swaziland Police Union Rekindles Memories of Fight for Workers' Rights - AllAfrica News: Swaziland
[Swazi Media] Police leaders in Swaziland / Eswatini are playing down reports that a trade union for junior officers has been re-formed in the kingdom.
- Tue - Oct 16, 2018: Swazi-Based Short Film 'Liyana' Premieres in U.S. Theatres - AllAfrica News: Swaziland
[This is Africa] Since its original premiere last year, 'Liyana', which has received critical acclaim on the continent and at global festivals, is finally set to premiere in the US this October. The short film, produced by 'Westworld' actress Thandie Newton, is a story within a story about five Swazi orphans and a girl from Africa who goes on a journey to save her family.
- Tue - Oct 16, 2018: Will Eswatini Manage to Retain the Name Change? - AllAfrica News: Swaziland
[This is Africa] Human rights activist Thulani Maseko is challenging King Mswati III's decision to change the Southern African nation's name to the Kingdom of eSwatini, calling it unconstitutional and a waste of resources in a country that can scarcely afford it.
- Mon - Oct 15, 2018: Deceased Swaziland Prime Minister Barnabas Dlamini Had Life Embroiled in Allegations of Corruption - AllAfrica News: Swaziland
[Swazi Media] Barnabas Dlamini the former Prime Minister of Swaziland whose funeral was on Saturday (13 October 2018) had a life embroiled in allegations of corruption.
- Sat - Oct 13, 2018: Riot Police Invade Hospital During Peaceful Nurses' Protest. Latest in Long Line of Attacks On Workers - AllAfrica News: Swaziland
[Swazi Media] Armed riot police invaded the Hlatikhulu Government Hospital in Swaziland and it 'almost turned into a battleground' during a legal protest by nurses.