COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: Lobamba (royal/legislative,) Mbabane (administrative)
Government: Unitary Parliamentary Absolute Diarchy
Current King: Mswati III
Population: 1,087,200 (2018)
Land Size: 17,364 sq km (6,704 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Fri - Jun 14, 2019: Is Speaking Truth to Swazi Royal Power Bringing Slow Change? - AllAfrica News: Swaziland
[ISS] Little news emerges from Eswatini, the tiny monarchy landlocked by South Africa and Mozambique, except lurid stories about the latest shenanigans of King Mswati III and his many wives. So it's hardly surprising that few outsiders - and not even many insiders apparently - have been paying attention to quite encouraging recent political developments.
- Thu - Jun 13, 2019: Time for Swaziland to Follow Botswana's Lead and Decriminalise Gay Sex - AllAfrica News: Swaziland
[Swazi Media] Swaziland should follow the example of its near-neighbour Botswana and decriminalise gay sex.
- Thu - Jun 6, 2019: His Majesty King Mswati III Launches End Malaria Fund - AllAfrica News: Swaziland
[WHO] His Majesty King Mswati III, who is the current chairperson for the African Leaders Malaria Alliance (ALMA) launched the End Malaria Fund for the Kingdom of Eswatini. This initiative is aimed at mobilising sustainable domestic resources for malaria elimination in the Kingdom, the region and the entire African continent.
- Thu - Jun 6, 2019: Afreximbank President Visits Eswatini, Signs Declaration for Credit Facility of Up To U.S.$140 Million - AllAfrica News: Swaziland
[Afreximbank] Mbabane -The African Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank) will provide a credit facility valued at up to two billion Rands (about $140 million) to the Kingdom of Eswatini to enable the Kingdom achieve required funding to meet trade and strategic economic goals, Bank President Prof. Benedict Oramah, has announced in Mbabane.
- Fri - May 31, 2019: Doubts Over Evidence As Swaziland Democracy Activist Musa Ngubeni Jailed Seven Years - AllAfrica News: Swaziland
[Swazi Media] Musa Ngubeni, the democracy activist in Swaziland / eSwatini, has been jailed for seven years with four of them suspended for possession of explosives.