|Capital: Lobamba (royal/legislative,) Mbabane (administrative)
Government: Unitary Parliamentary Absolute Diarchy
Current King: Mswati III
- Surrounded by South Africa, except for a short border with Mozambique, Swaziland depends heavily on South Africa from which it receives more than 90% of its imports and to which it sends 60% of its exports.
- The government is heavily dependent on customs duties from the Southern African Customs Union (SACU), and worker remittances from South Africa supplement domestically earned income.
- Subsistence agriculture employs approximately 70% of the population.
Population: 1,087,200 (2018)
Land Size: 17,364 sq km (6,704 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Zionist (a blend of Christianity and African Traditional Religions): 40%
- Roman Catholic: 20%
- Muslim: 10%
- Other (includes Anglican, Baha’i, Methodist, Mormon, Jewish): 30%
- English (official, used for government business)
- siSwati (official)