COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: Lobamba (royal/legislative,) Mbabane (administrative)
Government: Unitary Parliamentary Absolute Diarchy
Current King: Mswati III
Population: 1,087,200 (2018)
Land Size: 17,364 sq km (6,704 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Thu - Oct 17, 2019: Hope Restored in the Kingdom of Eswatini As Tuberculosis Incidence Reduced By More Than Half - AllAfrica News: Swaziland
[WHO] Twana Bhembe witnessed the devastating effects of tuberculosis (TB) when her sister died from the disease in 2011. That was before she and her husband were each diagnosed with the disease, a year apart.
- Thu - Oct 17, 2019: Zambia, Eswatini Complete Semifinal Line-Up At Cosafa U-17 Champs - AllAfrica News: Swaziland
[SAFA] Zambia and Eswatini booked their places in the semifinals of the 2019 COSAFA Men's Under 0-17 Championship as there was heart-break for hosts Malawi at the Mpira Stadium on Wednesday, 16 October 2019.
- Mon - Oct 14, 2019: Swaziland Police Violence Rampant, Children Die As Economy Collapses, Report Shows - AllAfrica News: Swaziland
[Swazi Media] Police in Swaziland (eSwatini) attacked striking public servants with live ammunition, rubber bullets, teargas and water cannon as a long-running dispute over pay dragged on. The police behaviour has become typical in the kingdom ruled by King Mswati III as an absolute monarch. The number of injured was initially estimated as 15, but that more than doubled as more information became available. Separate from this there were new fears that police had a 'shoot-to-kill' policy after three men who escaped from
- Thu - Oct 10, 2019: Eswatini Names Final Squad for Cosafa U-17 Champs - AllAfrica News: Swaziland
[SAFA] Eswatini coach Gcina Dlamini has finalised his squad for the COSAFA Men's Under-17 Championships after naming an 18-man selection for the competition to be played in Blantyre, Malawi from October 11-20.
- Wed - Oct 9, 2019: Broke Swaziland Govt Wants to Borrow Another E1bn to Complete Unnecessary Convention Centre - AllAfrica News: Swaziland
[Swazi Media] The Government of Swaziland / eSwatini is to seek another E1.2 billion (US$83 million) in loans to complete the building of a conference centre and hotel to house an African Union summit that will not now take place.