COAT OF ARMS
Government: Dominant-Party Federal Presidential Republic
Current President: Omar al-Bashir
Population: 37,345,935 (2017)
Land Size: 1.8 million sq km (728,215 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Fri - Feb 15, 2019: Signatories for Change in Sudan Hold Historic Meeting - AllAfrica News: Sudan
[Radio Dabanga] Omdurman -In the first meeting of its kind since the signing of the Declaration of Freedom and Change in early 2019, the signatory forces highlighted that the declaration includes general principles and a wide range of forces calling for change.
- Fri - Feb 15, 2019: Sudan Takes Part in American Trade Forum in Addis Ababa - AllAfrica News: Sudan
[SNA] Khartoum -The Minister of Foreign Affairs, Dr. al- Derdiri Mohamed Ahmed, in response to an invitation from the Administration for the American- African Cooperation, and the US mission accredited to the African Union Commission in Addis Ababa, on the side line of the 32 nd ordinary African summit, has participated in the American Forum for Trade and Investment in held in Addis Ababa.
- Fri - Feb 15, 2019: Agreement Exempting Sudanese and Russian Diplomat From Visas Approved - AllAfrica News: Sudan
[SNA] Khartoum -The Council of Ministers approved at its meeting Thursday the agreement exempting diplomatic passport holders from visas between Sudan and Russia, which was presented at the meeting by the Foreign Minister, Dr. Al-Dirdiri Mohamed Ahmed, toward cementing the friendly relations and easing the exchange of visits between the two countries.
- Fri - Feb 15, 2019: Government - Legal Procedure Will Be Taken Against Calls for Violence - AllAfrica News: Sudan
[SNA] Khartoum -The government affirmed that it will take the necessary legal measures in response to calls for violence and political and intellectual terrorism and change by force.
- Fri - Feb 15, 2019: Council of Ministers Approved Report On Preparation for Sudanese Certificate Examination - AllAfrica News: Sudan
[SNA] Khartoum -The Council of Ministers, headed by Prime Minister, Muttaz Musa, on Thursday approved a report on the preparation and procedures for Sudanese certificate's examinations, which is scheduled for the second of March.