COAT OF ARMS
Government: Dominant-Party Federal Presidential Republic
Current President: Omar al-Bashir
Population: 45,561,556 (2020)
Land Size: 1.8 million sq km (728,215 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Fri - Dec 3, 2021: Protests After Farmers Are Murdered in South Darfur - AllAfrica News: Sudan
[Radio Dabanga] Mershing -- Four farmers and a herder were killed in Mershing, South Darfur two days ago, on Wednesday. In response, the area witnessed widespread protests, road closure, and calls for a further sit-in to protest the events.
- Fri - Dec 3, 2021: Undersecretaries to Temporarily Run Sudan Ministries - AllAfrica News: Sudan
[Radio Dabanga] Khartoum -- On Wednesday 1 December, Prime Minister Abdallah Hamdok issued Decree No 616 for 2021, by which he assigned undersecretaries to run the 20 federal ministries until new, technocrat ministers have been selected.
- Fri - Dec 3, 2021: UNITAMS and UN Push for Democratic Transition - AllAfrica News: Sudan
[Radio Dabanga] Khartoum / New York -- The Head of The United Nations Integrated Transition Assistance Mission in Sudan (UNITAMS) Volker Perthes said that he is still continuing his meetings with political leaders and other stakeholders in order to discuss a return to the democratic constitutional path.
- Fri - Dec 3, 2021: Renewed Sudan-Ethiopia Border Clashes - AllAfrica News: Sudan
[Radio Dabanga] El Fashaga -- Renewed border clashes between Sudanese army troops and Ethiopian forces in El Fashaga, east of the Atbara River, in El Gedaref continued on Wednesday. Sources indicate that the Sudanese Armed Forces (SAF) aims to regain control of the Shai Beit camp in El Fashaga El Soghra. It is reported that Shai Beit is among the last three Ethiopian camps in Sudan that the army is seeking to restore.
- Fri - Dec 3, 2021: Marches of the Millions - Doctors Count 98 Injured By Teargas and Stun Grenades - AllAfrica News: Sudan
[Radio Dabanga] Khartoum -- International representatives have condemned the ongoing use of unjustified force against peaceful demonstrators as wells as human rights violations, as the Central Committee of Sudan Doctors reported 98 cases of injuries, during the Marches of the Millions on Tuesday, when tens of thousands of people took to the streets in Khartoum, as well as other cities across Sudan on Tuesday to express their rejection of the military coup d'état of October 25, and the subsequent political agreement, signed by