COAT OF ARMS
Government: Dominant-Party Federal Presidential Republic
Current President: Omar al-Bashir
Population: 45,561,556 (2020)
Land Size: 1.8 million sq km (728,215 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Sun - Sep 20, 2020: Sudan Teaches Malians Not to Snuggle With the Military - AllAfrica News: Sudan
[Nation] After being tired of their tyrant who soared to power democratically, Malians seem to have forgotten the danger coup d'états present so as to stoop before the putsch that arrested former president Ibrahim Boubacar Keita and forced him to dissolve his government and resign thereafter.
- Fri - Sep 18, 2020: Sudan Gov to Appoint Executive Head in Abyei - AllAfrica News: Sudan
[Radio Dabanga] Abyei -- The decision of the transitional government of Sudan to appoint an executive head for the contested Abyei Area Administration has been welcomed by the Supreme Council for the Coordination of Abyei Dinka Affairs.
- Fri - Sep 18, 2020: Protests Against Former NISS Officials' Appointment At Sudan Embassies - AllAfrica News: Sudan
[Radio Dabanga] El Gedaref / N'djamena / Riyadh -- Dozens of activists organised a protest in El Gedaref yesterday, calling for an investigation into the killing of protestors during the revolution, and cancellation of the appointment of two former members of the former National Intelligence and Security Service (NISS) to the Sudanese embassies in N'Djamena in Chad and Riyadh in Saudi Arabia.
- Fri - Sep 18, 2020: Dagalo Meets Higher Committee of Abishi Forum for Border Tribes - AllAfrica News: Sudan
[SNA] Khartoum -- The First Vice President of the Transitional Sovereign Council, Lt. Gen. Mohammed Hamdan Dagalo, met today in his office in the Republican Palace, with the members of the Supreme Committee of the Abishi Forum for Border Tribes.
- Fri - Sep 18, 2020: Arman - We Came to Unite Not to Divide and We Want Balanced Transition - AllAfrica News: Sudan
[SNA] Khartoum -- The Deputy Chairman of the Sudanese People's Liberation Movement, the Chairman of the Advance delegation of the Revolutionary Front, Yasser Arman has called on all the Sudanese political forces to build a balanced transitional period.