COAT OF ARMS
Government: Dominant-Party Federal Presidential Republic
Current President: Omar al-Bashir
Population: 45,561,556 (2020)
Land Size: 1.8 million sq km (728,215 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Mon - Jul 6, 2020: Empowerment Committee Restores a Number of Properties - AllAfrica News: Sudan
[SNA] Khartoum -- The Empowerment Removal and Anti-Corruption Committee issued,Sunday a decision to restore a number of lands and properties belonging to Ali Osman Muhammad Taha , Widad Babiker and their sons, Muhammad Atta Abbas, Hashim Muhammad Muhammad Khair, Lazutin Company, Ibrahim Al-Khawad and Jamal Muhammad Abdulla in favor of the government of Sudan and the Ministry of Finance and Economic Planning.
- Mon - Jul 6, 2020: Eastern Sudanese Koran Teacher Sentenced to Death - AllAfrica News: Sudan
[Radio Dabanga] El Gedaref -- A court in eastern Sudan's El Gedaref sentenced an imam to death for sexual abuse of his students at a Koran school.
- Mon - Jul 6, 2020: Militiamen Kill Rickshaw Driver in South Kordofan - AllAfrica News: Sudan
[Radio Dabanga] Kadugli / Omdurman -- On Thursday, militiamen shot a young rickshaw driver dead in Kadugli locality in South Kordofan. In Omdurman, a man who was shot during the March of the Millions on Tuesday died of his wounds.
- Mon - Jul 6, 2020: About 40,000 Tons of Wheat Underway to Sudanese Mills - AllAfrica News: Sudan
[Radio Dabanga] Khartoum -- On Friday, Sudan's Finance Minister announced that about 40,000 tons of wheat were being transported to various mills.
- Mon - Jul 6, 2020: Faisal - Visit of the Delegation Came in Response to Call of the Citizens of Nertiti - AllAfrica News: Sudan
[SNA] Nertiti -- The Minister of Culture and Information , the Government Official Spokesman, Faisal Mohammed Salih said the visit of the Federal delegation chaired by the Member of the Sovereign Council, Mohammed Hassan Al-Tayishi to Nertiti area, central Darfur came in response to the citizens of the area to consider their demands for which they protested.