COAT OF ARMS
Government: Dominant-Party Federal Presidential Republic
Current President: Omar al-Bashir
Population: 43,120,843 (2018)
Land Size: 1.8 million sq km (728,215 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Thu - Apr 25, 2019: TMC Affirms Its Belief On Pioneering Role of Freedom and Change Forces - AllAfrica News: Sudan
[SNA] Khartoum -The Transitional Military Council (TMC) Wednesday issued a statement affirming its belief in the pioneering and active role of the forces of freedom and change in the creation of revolution and leading the movement peacefully in order to uproot the regime.
- Thu - Apr 25, 2019: Dr. Salahuddin - We Aim for Reform in State and Political Movement - AllAfrica News: Sudan
[SNA] Khartoum -Chairman of the National Front for Change, Dr. Ghazi Salahuddin, has affirmed his refuse to assume any government position, stressing his endeavor to work with the others to surpass the current stalemate stage.
- Thu - Apr 25, 2019: TMC Political Committee Informed On Vision of Dup (Origin) - AllAfrica News: Sudan
[SNA] Khartoum -The Political Committee of the Transitional Military Council, headed by General Omar bin Zain Al-Aibdin, Wednesday reviewed the vision of the Democratic Unionist Party (origin) on the transitional period and its tasks.
- Thu - Apr 25, 2019: Lt. Gen. Daglo Meets Delegation of Mining Sector - AllAfrica News: Sudan
[SNA] Khartoum -Deputy Chairman of the Transitional Military Council (TMC), Lt. Gen Mohammed Hamdan Daglo, met Wednesday with a delegation of representatives of the mining sector and the gold producing companies, in the presence of the Chairman of the Economic Committee of the TMC.
- Thu - Apr 25, 2019: North Darfur State Affirms Commitment to Address IDPs Issues - AllAfrica News: Sudan
[SNA] Alfashe -The Wali (governor) of North Darfur State, Maj. Gen Malik Al-Tayeb Khogali, has confirmed his government commitment to give highest priority to the demands of IDPs in the camps.