COAT OF ARMS
Government: Dominant-Party Federal Presidential Republic
Current President: Omar al-Bashir
Land Size: 1.8 million sq km (728,215 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Sun - Apr 22, 2018: New Govt. Attacks On Rebel Sites in Darfur's Jebel Marra - AllAfrica News: Sudan
[Radio Dabanga] The mainstream Sudan Liberation Movement headed by Abdelwahid El Nur (SLM-AW) claims its fighters withstood militia attacks on rebel bases in East Jebel Marra on Friday.
- Sat - Apr 21, 2018: Sudan Police Raid Hostage Sites, Refugees in Custody - AllAfrica News: Sudan
[Radio Dabanga] Port Sudan -Police in eastern Sudan have raided places where 25 illegal immigrants, most of them from Eritrea, were being held hostage by a human trafficking gang. The immigrants have been taken into custody.
- Sat - Apr 21, 2018: Darfur Rebels Claim Deadly Attack On Sudanese Army - AllAfrica News: Sudan
[Radio Dabanga] Torong Tura -The rebel forces led by Abdelwahid El Nur claimed the killing of 27 Sudanese soldiers in Jebel Marra on Wednesday evening.
- Sat - Apr 21, 2018: Online Activists Arrested for Defaming South Kordofan Governor - AllAfrica News: Sudan
[Radio Dabanga] Khartoum / Kadugli -Police in Khartoum state arrested an activist for 'defamation of character' of the South Kordofan governor on Facebook. Two other activists were arrested under the same complaint.
- Sat - Apr 21, 2018: Sudan President Sacks Foreign Minister Ghandou - AllAfrica News: Sudan
[Radio Dabanga] Khartoum -Sudanese President Omar Al Bashir fired his foreign minister Ibrahim Ghandour following his criticism on the financial situation of the country's diplomatic corps on Thursday.