COAT OF ARMS
Government: Dominant-Party Federal Presidential Republic
Current President: Omar al-Bashir
Population: 43,120,843 (2018)
Land Size: 1.8 million sq km (728,215 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Thu - Jan 23, 2020: Foreign Minister Receives Ethiopian State Foreign Minister - AllAfrica News: Sudan
[SNA] Khartoum -The Foreign Minister, Asma Mohamed Abdalla, received in her office Wednesday the visiting Ethiopian State Minister for Foreign Affairs, Hirut Zemene, in the presence of the Ambassador of Ethiopia to Sudan.
- Thu - Jan 23, 2020: Sudan and Somalia Discuss Investment Opportunities - AllAfrica News: Sudan
[Shabelle] Somali delegation participating in the opening of the 37th session of Khartoum International Fair discussed the investment economic and commercial opportunities in Sudan.
- Thu - Jan 23, 2020: Progress Achieved in North Track Negotiations - Dahab - AllAfrica News: Sudan
[SNA] Khartoum -The senior negotiator of Kush Movement in the North Track, Dahab Ibrahim, announced that an agreement was reached in issues of the track that have not been agreed upon in the past sittings of negotiation.
- Thu - Jan 23, 2020: Minister of Agriculture - Agriculture is the Key Factor in the Country's Economic Revitalization - AllAfrica News: Sudan
[SNA] Khartoum -The Minister of Agriculture and Natural Resources Engineer Issa Osman Sharif has affirmed that the agricultural sector was the key outlet for the development of the country's economy, referring to the challenges it faces, representing in the absence of a mechanism links producers with the ministry. During his meeting with the delegation headed by the Minister of Finance and Economic Planning Dr. Ibrahim Al-Badawi, the Minister of Agriculture complained about the problems of land use and financing, in addit
- Thu - Jan 23, 2020: SLP-AF Calls for Reactivation of Armed Collection Mechanism in Darfur - AllAfrica News: Sudan
[SNA] Khartoum -Sudan Liberation Party Authentic Faction (SLP-AF) called on the government to reactivate armed collection mechanism in Darfur.