COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: JubaGovernment: Federal Presidential Constitutional Republic
President: Salva Kiir Mayardit
Population: 12,340,000 (2015)
Land Size: 644,329 sq km
Major Ethic Groups:
- Thu - Sep 21, 2017: Thousands Stranded After Hospitals Closure - AllAfrica News: South Sudan
[CAJ News] Khartoum -MORE than 600 000 people are without access to primary health care following the closure of some 50 hospitals in crisis-torn Sudan. Insufficient funding has led to the closure of the health facilities in the eastern regions of the country. The cash-strapped government and humanitarian agencies have appealed for U$804 million (R10,6 billion), of which over $300 million has been received. The funding gap has led to closures of health facilities in Blue Nile, Darfur and South Kordofan. United Nations resident
- Thu - Sep 21, 2017: Elections Next Year Would be Catastrophic - UN - AllAfrica News: South Sudan
[VOA] United Nations experts warn that elections in South Sudan next year would be catastrophic and lead to more violence in the conflict-torn country. A report on the humanitarian consequences of civil war has been submitted to the U.N. Human Rights Council.
- Thu - Sep 21, 2017: Trump to Send UN Envoy to Juba, Kinshasa - AllAfrica News: South Sudan
[VOA] U.S. President Donald Trump has told African leaders he will send his U.N. envoy Nikki Haley to South Sudan and the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Thu - Sep 21, 2017: Finance Minister Emphasizes Importance of Development of Economic Cooperation With Juba - AllAfrica News: South Sudan
[SNA] Khartoum -The Minister of Finance and Economic Planning, Dr. Mohamed Osman Suleiman al-Rekabi, during his meeting with the Finance Minister of the state of Southern Sudan, Stephen Deo Dow, Wednesday , at the Tower of the Ministry of Finance, stressed on the development of the economic , trade and investment cooperation between the Sudan and the State of South Sudan.
- Thu - Sep 21, 2017: Khartoum And Juba Agreed On Increase of Oil Production and Opening of Crossings - AllAfrica News: South Sudan
[SNA] Khartoum -The economic talks between Sudan and South Sudan State were Wednesday concluded in Khartoum by the signing of agreements by the Ministries of Petroleum and Trade of the two countries and reactivating the former agreements which were signed in the year 2012.