COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: Pretoria (executive), Cape Town (legislative), Bloemfontein (judicial)Government: Unitary Parliamentary Constitutional Republic
Current President: Cyril Ramaphosa
Population: 56,462,617 (2020)
Land Size: 1.22 million sq km (470,693 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Tue - Jul 7, 2020: Suspects Arrested for Possession of Unlicensed Firearm and Ammunition in Retreat - AllAfrica News: South Africa
[SAPS] Our pursuit to seize unlicensed firearms in the province yielded positive outcomes when members attached to Steenberg Crime Prevention Unit arrested a 38-year-old man for the possession of an unlicensed firearm and ammunition in Dover Court Lavender Hill.
- Tue - Jul 7, 2020: Govt Ramps Up Funding Awards to COVID-19 Testing Ability - AllAfrica News: South Africa
[Govt of SA] The Department of Science and Innovation (DSI), the South African Medical Research Council (SAMRC) and the Technology Innovation Agency (TIA), a DSI entity made seven funding awards to local companies, organisations and researchers in order to ramp up the country's ability to produce locally developed reagents and test kits for COVID-19.
- Tue - Jul 7, 2020: Uber and Afrika Tikkun Supporting Drivers During This Critical Time - AllAfrica News: South Africa
[Daily Maverick] The past few months have no doubt devastated many households across South Africa. As lockdown measures were enforced, the economy came to a standstill, meaning independent workers such as Uber drivers and couriers were impacted as cities were forced to stop moving. Mindful of their role to make a change, Uber teamed up with Afrika Tikkun, a non-profit organisation supporting underprivileged communities, to provide drivers and couriers with a one-time food eCoupon to purchase much-needed essentials at their
- Tue - Jul 7, 2020: Protect the Elderly From COVID-19 - AllAfrica News: South Africa
[SAnews.gov.za] President Cyril Ramaphosa has called on the public to protect the elderly from exposure to Coronavirus, as this group is the most vulnerable.
- Tue - Jul 7, 2020: Support for Artists Saving Livelihoods - AllAfrica News: South Africa
[SAnews.gov.za] The Department of Sport, Arts and Culture has provided much-needed support to over 2 000 practitioners in the creative industry.