COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: Pretoria (executive), Cape Town (legislative), Bloemfontein (judicial)Government: Unitary Parliamentary Constitutional Republic
Current President: Cyril Ramaphosa
Population: 56,462,617 (2020)
Land Size: 1.22 million sq km (470,693 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Thu - Feb 25, 2021: Cheers to the Future Mr and Mrs AKA! - AllAfrica News: South Africa
[allAfrica] Cape Town -- Congratulations are in order as the South African rapper AKA just made things official and popped the question to his girlfriend, Nelli Tembe.
- Thu - Feb 25, 2021: Covid-19 Holds Lessons for the Future of Social Protection - AllAfrica News: South Africa
[The Conversation Africa] Food security experts in South Africa warned early on that the lockdown instituted to manage the spread of COVID-19 would threaten children's nutrition. Before the arrival of the pandemic, a third of South Africa's 20 million children were already living in households that were below the food poverty line.
- Thu - Feb 25, 2021: Posted a Jerusalema Challenge Video? You'll Pay for That - AllAfrica News: South Africa
[Nation] Corporations in Kenya and across the region could soon be forced to part with thousands of shillings in fines after taking part in the popular Jerusalema dance challenge.
- Thu - Feb 25, 2021: Covid-19 and the Surge of Absenteeism in Schools - AllAfrica News: South Africa
[ISS] The impacts of COVID-19 on Africa's long-term development have been devastating. The Institute for Security Studies reports that probably up to a decade's worth of human development has been wiped out.
- Wed - Feb 24, 2021: Treasury Projects the Economy to Grow By 3.3 Percent - AllAfrica News: South Africa
[SAnews.gov.za] As the country begins to roll out a massive vaccination programme, the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) is projected to grow by a rate of 3.3 percent in 2021.