COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: Pretoria (executive), Cape Town (legislative), Bloemfontein (judicial)Government: Unitary Parliamentary Constitutional Republic
Current President: Cyril Ramaphosa
Population: 56,462,617 (2020)
Land Size: 1.22 million sq km (470,693 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Fri - Dec 3, 2021: Fourth Wave Sees 'Stark' Increase in Covid-19 Infections in Children Under Five - AllAfrica News: South Africa
[SAnews.gov.za] The fourth wave has sparked an increase in hospital admissions in children under the age of five, the National Institute for Communicable Diseases (NICD) said.
- Fri - Dec 3, 2021: As Nigeria and South Africa's Move for Continental Leadership - AllAfrica News: South Africa
[This Day] Chido Nwangwu predicts the likely outcome of the current visit of President Cyril Ramaphosa of South Africa to four West African countries, including Nigeria.
- Fri - Dec 3, 2021: A Second Gas-to-Power Environmental Authorisation Is Refused for Richards Bay #AfricaClimateCrisis - AllAfrica News: South Africa
[groundWork] The decision to refuse the EA raised the following: Cumulatively, there are expected negative impacts to the ecosystem, including avifauna, estuary and marine environments. Macrobenthos, that is, organisms living on the bottom of the water body, are particularly vulnerable to dredging activities proposed by Nseleni. Adequate monitoring programmes of estuarine birdlife were not conducted, and insufficient and inefficient mitigation measures were put in place to counter the negative impacts on the affected e
- Fri - Dec 3, 2021: Students Win Big At the Pitch UCT 2021 - AllAfrica News: South Africa
[UCT] The Pitch 2021 received over a hundred proposals from a wide range of disciplines, from the Faculty of Commerce to the Faculty of Health Sciences. As part of The Pitch programme, applicants were invited to a series of seminars throughout the year to assist them in developing the perfect pitch. The stakeholders, the Hasso Plattner School of Design Thinking (d-school) at UCT, the Allan Gray Orbis Foundation, and the UCT Graduate School of Business, facilitated these workshops. The Academic Representatives Co
- Fri - Dec 3, 2021: SADC States Should Communicate Funded Water Projects, Says Magadzi - AllAfrica News: South Africa
[SAnews.gov.za] Water and Sanitation Deputy Minister, Dikeledi Magadzi, has called on the Southern African Development Community (SADC) to report regularly and indicate specific funding they receive in order to ensure that member states are conversant of projects that are undertaken.