COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: Pretoria (executive), Cape Town (legislative), Bloemfontein (judicial)
Government: Unitary Parliamentary Constitutional Republic
Current President: Jacob Zuma
Population: 54,956,900 (2015)
Land Size: 1.22 million sq km (470,693 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Tue - Jan 23, 2018: Semenya Hails 'Amazing' Laureus Nomination - AllAfrica News: South Africa
[News24Wire] Caster Semenya says that she's humbled to be nominated alongside a host of stars for the Sportswoman of the Year award at the upcoming Laureus World Sports Awards in Monaco, to be held in late February.
- Tue - Jan 23, 2018: McKenzie Back to Assist Proteas - AllAfrica News: South Africa
[News24Wire] One of the big surprises when Proteas coach Ottis Gibson announced his new backroom staff late last year was the omission of batting coach Neil McKenzie .
- Tue - Jan 23, 2018: The Monkey Business of H&M and the Hokey-Pokey of the EFF - AllAfrica News: South Africa
[Democracy Works] Given centuries of offensive racist tropes associating black people with monkeys ought to have informed the entire chain of product developers, copywriters, marketers and merchandisers at H&M about how offensive that item of clothing on a black kid would be. So the faux pas (it was one) is inexcusable.
- Tue - Jan 23, 2018: #CapeWaterGate - Six Ways in Which Capetonians Could Be Violating Water Regulations - AllAfrica News: South Africa
[Daily Maverick] As #DayZero approaches, some Capetonians continue to maintain their usual lifestyles while others are finding new and ingenious ways to deal with the city's water crisis. In both cases, they may be in violation of either new water restrictions or old water by-laws. The use of boreholes and the water extracted from them is a particularly sticky issue. By REBECCA DAVIS.
- Tue - Jan 23, 2018: Modack Extortion Case Initially Concealed Due to Cop Collusion, Court Hears - AllAfrica News: South Africa
[News24Wire] The extortion case centering around suspected underworld kingpin Nafiz Modack was initially registered in a more concealed manner because of police involvement in the alleged crimes, it was claimed in the Cape Town Magistrate's Court on Tuesday.