COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: Pretoria (executive), Cape Town (legislative), Bloemfontein (judicial)Government: Unitary Parliamentary Constitutional Republic
Current President: Cyril Ramaphosa
Population: 55,380,210 (2018)
Land Size: 1.22 million sq km (470,693 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Thu - Apr 25, 2019: Conspiracy to Rob, Police Arrest Six Suspects and Recover Two Unlicensed Firearms - AllAfrica News: South Africa
[SAPS] Members of Johannesburg Crime Intelligence, Flying Squad and Johannesburg Metro Police arrested six suspects for conspiracy to rob and recovered two unlicensed firearms at Illovo last night at about 20:45. The suspects aged between 22 and 37 are due to appear at the Alexandra Magistrates' Court for several charges including illegal possession of unlicensed firearms and conspiracy to rob.
- Thu - Apr 25, 2019: Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs On Alexandra Renewal Interventions - AllAfrica News: South Africa
[Govt of SA] The Inter-Ministerial Task Team on Service Delivery (IMTT) met in Pretoria today bringing together the three spheres of government - national, provincial and local - to discuss the implementation plan in response to the issues raised by the community of Alexandra in a memorandum to President Cyril Ramaphosa.
- Thu - Apr 25, 2019: ATCL Set to Expand Wings to Jo'burg - AllAfrica News: South Africa
[Daily News] AFTER successful launch of new routes in Zambia and Zimbabwe, the national carrier, Air Tanzania Company Limited (ATCL), is set to expand its wings in the southern African region with flights to Johannesburg, South Africa in June this year.
- Thu - Apr 25, 2019: It's the Unemployment, Stupid - AllAfrica News: South Africa
[Daily Maverick] South Africa has a depressingly high rate of unemployment, and yet it has hardly featured as an issue in the 2019 election campaigns. This while more than half the country's young people are unemployed, and probably unemployable, with the only option open to them anti-social behaviours like crime and drug abuse.
- Thu - Apr 25, 2019: President Cyril Ramaphosa - Bestowal of 2019 National Orders - AllAfrica News: South Africa
[Govt of SA] Address by President Cyril Ramaphosa on the occasion of the bestowal of the 2019 National Orders, Sefako Makgatho Guest House, Tshwane