COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: Pretoria (executive), Cape Town (legislative), Bloemfontein (judicial)Government: Unitary Parliamentary Constitutional Republic
Current President: Cyril Ramaphosa
Population: 56,462,617 (2020)
Land Size: 1.22 million sq km (470,693 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Sun - Sep 20, 2020: Why Southern Africa Is Anxious About EU and UK Post-Brexit Trade Talks - AllAfrica News: South Africa
[The Conversation Africa] As the deadline for the post-Brexit trade talks between the European Union (EU) and the United Kingdom (UK) looms, concerns have arisen as to whether the two parties will be able to conclude a deal. In terms of the Brexit divorce agreement, the UK is expected to leave the EU single market and customs union on 1 January 2021. A trade deal will govern future trade relations between the EU and the UK. The prospect of striking such a deal, however, has been thrown into doubt by the publication recently of a ne
- Sun - Sep 20, 2020: Demystifying the Science - AllAfrica News: South Africa
[Africa In Fact] An African NPO combines traditional investigative reporting techniques with data analysis and geo-mapping to help track eco-offences.
- Sun - Sep 20, 2020: #zimbabweanlivesmatter - Can South Africa Get It Right This Time? - AllAfrica News: South Africa
[Africa In Fact] Amid a spiralling economic and political crisis, President Emmerson Mnangagwa addressed the people of Zimbabwe on Tuesday 4 August. His speech, although sudden - four days after his government's violent clampdown on the July 31 citizen protests - was highly anticipated.
- Sun - Sep 20, 2020: Warring Soweto Taxi Associations Called to Order... Again - AllAfrica News: South Africa
[Daily Maverick] Gauteng MEC for Public Transport and Roads Infrastructure Jacob Mamabolo has placed the Witwatersrand African Taxi Owners Association and Nancefield Dube West Taxi Association under administration.
- Sun - Sep 20, 2020: New Horizons Is an Ode to Fresh Sounds - AllAfrica News: South Africa
[New Frame] The first of its kind to be released on vinyl, the 12-track double LP compilation features contemporary jazz artists from South Africa, securing an international distribution deal to ensure the further reach of the music.