COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: Pretoria (executive), Cape Town (legislative), Bloemfontein (judicial)Government: Unitary Parliamentary Constitutional Republic
Current President: Cyril Ramaphosa
Population: 55,380,210 (2018)
Land Size: 1.22 million sq km (470,693 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Wed - Dec 11, 2019: New Era for Methodist Church With Women in Top Roles - AllAfrica News: South Africa
[New Frame] Bishop Purity Malinga is the first woman to be appointed presiding bishop in the Methodist Church of Southern African in more than 200 years.
- Wed - Dec 11, 2019: Rushine De Reuck's Bumpy Road to Football Stardom - AllAfrica News: South Africa
[New Frame] The Maritzburg United defender sacrificed school to fulfil his dream of becoming a professional footballer, but his road to success was potholed with regrets and low self-esteem.
- Wed - Dec 11, 2019: Deputy Minister of John Jeffery - Trafficking in Persons Regional Coordination and Data Collection Workshop - AllAfrica News: South Africa
[Govt of SA] Welcome and introductory remarks by the Deputy Minister of Justice and Constitutional Development, the Hon JH Jeffery, MP at a Trafficking in Persons Regional Coordination & Data Collection Workshop, held at the Sheraton Hotel, Pretoria, South Africa, 9 December 2019
- Wed - Dec 11, 2019: Minister Maite Nkoana-Mashabane Launches 365 Days of Activism Against Gender-Based Violence and Femicide - AllAfrica News: South Africa
[Govt of SA] Enough is Enough: 365 Days of Activism against Gender-based Violence AND Femicide is launched
- Wed - Dec 11, 2019: Robbers Nabbed On N3 Freeway - AllAfrica News: South Africa
[SAPS] On 10 December 2019 at 10:30, a motorist was driving on the N3 freeway East bound near the N2 intersection when his vehicle had a mechanical breakdown. As he got out of his vehicle, he was startled by four men who threatened him with a knife. They stole his wallet with cash. Police officers from Pinetown SAPS were travelling on the west bound lane when they witnessed the robbery. They immediately responded causing the suspects to flee towards the bush.