COAT OF ARMS
Government: Federal Parliamentary Government
Current President: Mohamed Abdullahi Mohamed
Population: 11,031,386 (2017)
Land Size: 637,657 sq km (246,201 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Mon - Oct 15, 2018: Leaders Take State to Task After Mandera Al-Shabaab Attack - AllAfrica News: Somalia
[Nation] Less than a week after two teachers were killed in an Al-Shabaab raid at Arabia Boys Secondary School, the local leadership is now blaming the national government for the runaway insecurity in the area.
- Mon - Oct 15, 2018: Violence Will Not Deter Somali People in Their Pursuit of Peace, Says UN Chief, in Wake of Lethal Attacks - AllAfrica News: Somalia
[UN News] Strongly condemning twin suicide attacks in Baidoa, southwestern Somalia, United Nations Secretary-General António Guterres has reiterated the Organization's support and solidarity with the country's people and Government.
- Mon - Oct 15, 2018: Anniversary of Mogadishu Bombing Marked With an Execution - AllAfrica News: Somalia
[Deutsche Welle] The man behind one of the country's deadliest attacks has been killed by firing squad, exactly a year after the tragedy. Five hundred people were killed in the truck bomb blamed on al-Shabab.
- Sun - Oct 14, 2018: Two Blasts in Somali Town Kill at Least 15 - AllAfrica News: Somalia
[VOA] Two blasts in the Somali town of Baidoa on Saturday killed at least 15 people and injured more than 30 others.
- Sat - Oct 13, 2018: Norway Contributes Nok 450 Million to Multi Partner Fund in Somalia - AllAfrica News: Somalia
[Dalsan Radio] BALI, Indonesia, October 12, 2018--The Norwegian Government announced a commitment of NOK 450 Million ($54.3 million) to support the reconstruction, reform and development process in Somalia. Channelled through the World Bank's Multi Partner Fund (MPF), the contribution will provide resources through the Government's systems to address the country's most critical challenges on its path towards stability.