- Can These Animators get Africa to Finally Honor its Female Heros? – Learn about the women that have “shaped the continent as much as men” and how they might finally be getting the recognition they’ve so long deserved.
- African Arguments
- African Center for Strategic Studies
- Africa is a Country – a site of media criticism, analysis, and new writing
- All Africa.com (formally Africa News). All Africa.com carries regularly updated news stories, primarily from African presses
- Daily Maverick
- Mail & Guardian
- News Directory -Lists by country all African newspapers which have websites.
- Teaching About African Crisis in the K-12 Classroom -Most of the news stories featured in the U.S. and western press focus on crises in Africa . At Exploring Africa we are dedicated to helping educators and students obtain a more balanced perspective on Africa . However, we do not suggest that educators and students ignore crises in Africa , but that they address these crises through a more thorough, balanced, and nuanced investigation than the western press normally offers its readers and viewers. We offer the following suggestions for investigating and addressing African crises in your classrooms.
- American Media:
- Other Media on Africa
The BBC Africa Desk offers print versions of stories carried by the British Broadcasting Service about Africa (updated several times a day).
- Le Monde
Integrated Regional Information Network of the United Nations Office for Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs. This news service provides daily up-dates from all regions in Africa.
- Fri - Dec 3, 2021: New Omicron variant: Are low vaccination rates in South Africa a factor? - BBC News - Africa
Has the slow rollout of vaccines in southern Africa allowed coronavirus mutations to develop?
- Fri - Dec 3, 2021: Ethiopia closes schools to boost civil war effort - BBC News - Africa
The government wants secondary school students to harvest crops to help frontline fighters.
- Fri - Dec 3, 2021: South Africa: Fourth Wave Sees 'Stark' Increase in Covid-19 Infections in Children Under Five - AllAfrica News: Latest
[SAnews.gov.za] The fourth wave has sparked an increase in hospital admissions in children under the age of five, the National Institute for Communicable Diseases (NICD) said.
- Fri - Dec 3, 2021: 2022 World Cup: Fifa dismisses appeals from South Africa and Benin over qualifying incidents - BBC News - Africa
Fifa dismisses an appeal from South Africa, who claimed they were "robbed" in their 1-0 defeat by Ghana in World Cup qualifying.
- Fri - Dec 3, 2021: Cape Verde: Renewable energy via solar panels helps connect communities - BBC News - Africa
95% of Cape Verde has access to the electricity but a third of the population still relies on firewood and charcoal for cooking.