- African Arguments
- African Center for Strategic Studies
- Africa is a Country – a site of media criticism, analysis, and new writing
- All Africa.com (formally Africa News). All Africa.com carries regularly updated news stories, primarily from African presses
- Daily Maverick
- Mail & Guardian
- News Directory -Lists by country all African newspapers which have websites.
- Teaching About African Crisis in the K-12 Classroom -Most of the news stories featured in the U.S. and western press focus on crises in Africa . At Exploring Africa we are dedicated to helping educators and students obtain a more balanced perspective on Africa . However, we do not suggest that educators and students ignore crises in Africa , but that they address these crises through a more thorough, balanced, and nuanced investigation than the western press normally offers its readers and viewers. We offer the following suggestions for investigating and addressing African crises in your classrooms.
- American Media:
- Other Media on Africa
The BBC Africa Desk offers print versions of stories carried by the British Broadcasting Service about Africa (updated several times a day).
- Le Monde
Integrated Regional Information Network of the United Nations Office for Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs. This news service provides daily up-dates from all regions in Africa.
- Mon - Jun 17, 2019: Egypt's ousted president Mohammed Morsi dies during trial - BBC News - Africa
Mohammed Morsi, the Islamist leader ousted by the army in 2013, dies after collapsing in a courtroom.
- Mon - Jun 17, 2019: Women's World Cup: Nigeria 0-1 France - BBC News - Africa
Hosts France finish top of Group A after a twice-taken penalty by Wendie Renard against Nigeria in an incident-packed finish in Rennes.
- Mon - Jun 17, 2019: Mohammed Morsi: A turbulent presidency cut short by the army - BBC News - Africa
Mohammed Morsi was Egypt's first democratically elected president before being overthrown in 2013.
- Mon - Jun 17, 2019: Egypt: Former President Mohamed Morsi Dies - AllAfrica News: Latest
[allAfrica] Cape Town -Egypt's former President Mohamed Morsi has died, Egyptian state media reports.
- Mon - Jun 17, 2019: Nigeria suicide blast kills 30 at video hall in Borno - BBC News - Africa
Bombers detonate devices outside a hall where people gather to watch football and films, killing 30.