- African Arguments
- African Center for Strategic Studies
- Africa is a Country – a site of media criticism, analysis, and new writing
- All Africa.com (formally Africa News). All Africa.com carries regularly updated news stories, primarily from African presses
- Daily Maverick
- Mail & Guardian
- News Directory -Lists by country all African newspapers which have websites.
- Teaching About African Crisis in the K-12 Classroom -Most of the news stories featured in the U.S. and western press focus on crises in Africa . At Exploring Africa we are dedicated to helping educators and students obtain a more balanced perspective on Africa . However, we do not suggest that educators and students ignore crises in Africa , but that they address these crises through a more thorough, balanced, and nuanced investigation than the western press normally offers its readers and viewers. We offer the following suggestions for investigating and addressing African crises in your classrooms.
- American Media:
- Other Media on Africa
The BBC Africa Desk offers print versions of stories carried by the British Broadcasting Service about Africa (updated several times a day).
- Le Monde
Integrated Regional Information Network of the United Nations Office for Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs. This news service provides daily up-dates from all regions in Africa.
- Sat - Mar 25, 2017: Nigeria friendly with Burkina Faso cancelled - BBC News - Africa
Nigeria's friendly with Burkina Faso on Monday in London is called off after several Burkina Faso players fail to gain entry visas for the UK.
- Sat - Mar 25, 2017: Nigeria: Blogger, Publisher Jailed On Defamation Charges - AllAfrica News: Latest
[CPJ] Abuja -Nigerian authorities should immediately and unconditionally release blogger Kemi Omololu-Olunloyo and newspaper publisher Samuel Welson, the Committee to Protect Journalists said today.
- Sat - Mar 25, 2017: Thomas Fessy: What's behind the latest unrest in Congo - BBC News - Africa
Up to 400 people have reportedly been killed in the central DR Congo provinces of Kasai - what is going on?
- Sat - Mar 25, 2017: Angola: Floods Kill 11, Cause Widespread Destruction - AllAfrica News: Latest
[Al Jazeera] Eleven people have died and several more are missing after torrential rain hit northern parts of Angola between Tuesday afternoon and Thursday.
- Sat - Mar 25, 2017: Rwanda: Rwanda Launches Electronic Cargo Tracking System - AllAfrica News: Latest
[East African] Rwanda has launched the East African joint electronic cargo tracking system.