- Can These Animators get Africa to Finally Honor its Female Heros? – Learn about the women that have “shaped the continent as much as men” and how they might finally be getting the recognition they’ve so long deserved.
- African Arguments
- African Center for Strategic Studies
- Africa is a Country – a site of media criticism, analysis, and new writing
- All Africa.com (formally Africa News). All Africa.com carries regularly updated news stories, primarily from African presses
- Daily Maverick
- Mail & Guardian
- News Directory -Lists by country all African newspapers which have websites.
- Teaching About African Crisis in the K-12 Classroom -Most of the news stories featured in the U.S. and western press focus on crises in Africa . At Exploring Africa we are dedicated to helping educators and students obtain a more balanced perspective on Africa . However, we do not suggest that educators and students ignore crises in Africa , but that they address these crises through a more thorough, balanced, and nuanced investigation than the western press normally offers its readers and viewers. We offer the following suggestions for investigating and addressing African crises in your classrooms.
- American Media:
- Other Media on Africa
The BBC Africa Desk offers print versions of stories carried by the British Broadcasting Service about Africa (updated several times a day).
- Le Monde
Integrated Regional Information Network of the United Nations Office for Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs. This news service provides daily up-dates from all regions in Africa.
- Tue - Jul 7, 2020: Africa: UN Security Council Calls for 90 Days Ceasefire in Conflict Zones - AllAfrica News: Latest
[East African] The United Nations Security Council has unanimously passed a resolution demanding an immediate 90 days' cessation of hostilities in conflict zones around the world due to the impact of the novel coronavirus.
- Tue - Jul 7, 2020: Somalia: Regional Leaders Set to Meet Over Plans to Postpone Elections, Isolates Federal Government - AllAfrica News: Latest
[Dalsan Radio] The stand over plans to postpone elections seems to deepen after leaders of Somalia's federal member states have set a meeting will be on Thursday in Dhusamareb to discuss the upcoming election without the federal government attendance.
- Tue - Jul 7, 2020: Zimbabwe: COVID-19 Drugs Scandal Smears Mnangagwa - AllAfrica News: Latest
[East African] A corruption scandal involving top government officials is threatening to derail Zimbabwe's response to the coronavirus pandemic, with donors raising concern over the alleged pilfering of millions of dollars in public funds.
- Tue - Jul 7, 2020: Congo-Kinshasa: Islamic Militants May Have Committed War Crimes. UN Says - AllAfrica News: Latest
[VOA] A series of brutal attacks against Congolese civilians by Islamic militants are possible war crimes, United Nations monitors said Monday.
- Tue - Jul 7, 2020: Africa: Africa Is the Most Genetically Diverse Continent, and Yet It Is Ignored in New Drug Research - AllAfrica News: Latest
[Daily Maverick] Despite Africa representing the most human genetically diverse region on the planet, only 2% of genetic material used in medical research comes from the continent. Furthermore, Africa hosts very few clinical trials, which together means that clinical data used in the improvement of drug therapies largely excludes African populations.