African Newspapers in the Classroom – African Media
- African Arguments
- African Center for Strategic Studies
- Africa is a Country – a site of media criticism, analysis, and new writing
- All Africa.com (formally Africa News). All Africa.com carries regularly updated news stories, primarily from African presses
- Daily Maverick
- Mail & Guardian
- News Directory -Lists by country all African newspapers which have websites.
- Teaching About African Crisis in the K-12 Classroom -Most of the news stories featured in the U.S. and western press focus on crises in Africa . At Exploring Africa we are dedicated to helping educators and students obtain a more balanced perspective on Africa . However, we do not suggest that educators and students ignore crises in Africa , but that they address these crises through a more thorough, balanced, and nuanced investigation than the western press normally offers its readers and viewers. We offer the following suggestions for investigating and addressing African crises in your classrooms.
- American Media:
- Other Media on Africa
The BBC Africa Desk offers print versions of stories carried by the British Broadcasting Service about Africa (updated several times a day).
- Le Monde
Integrated Regional Information Network of the United Nations Office for Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs. This news service provides daily up-dates from all regions in Africa.
- Sat - Aug 19, 2017: Cry Sierra Leone - BBC News - Africa
Reporter Umaru Fofana reflects on a week that saw horrific mudslide and flooding in the capital, Freetown.
- Fri - Aug 18, 2017: History of Africa: The Senegalese healer who talks to trees - BBC News - Africa
Senegalese people come from far and wide to see Malik Sow, seeking advice, wisdom and traditional healing.
- Fri - Aug 18, 2017: Rwanda President Paul Kagame critical of foreign meddling - BBC News - Africa
The president, sworn in for a third term, says foreigners are trying to vilify Rwanda.
- Fri - Aug 18, 2017: Southern Africa: Comoros, Burundi Apply to Join Regional Body - AllAfrica News: Latest
[SANF] Pretoria -One of the key issues to be discussed by the 37th SADC Summit to open 19 August in Pretoria, South Africa is to expand the membership of the regional organization.
- Fri - Aug 18, 2017: Zambia: Lungu Dares Those Opposing Mandatory HIV Testing - AllAfrica News: Latest
[Zambia Reports] President Edgar Lungu has dared stakeholders planning to take him to court over his recent pronouncement on mandatory HIV testing to go ahead.