African Newspapers in the Classroom – African Media
- African Arguments
- African Center for Strategic Studies
- Africa is a Country – a site of media criticism, analysis, and new writing
- All Africa.com (formally Africa News). All Africa.com carries regularly updated news stories, primarily from African presses
- Daily Maverick
- Mail & Guardian
- News Directory -Lists by country all African newspapers which have websites.
- Teaching About African Crisis in the K-12 Classroom -Most of the news stories featured in the U.S. and western press focus on crises in Africa . At Exploring Africa we are dedicated to helping educators and students obtain a more balanced perspective on Africa . However, we do not suggest that educators and students ignore crises in Africa , but that they address these crises through a more thorough, balanced, and nuanced investigation than the western press normally offers its readers and viewers. We offer the following suggestions for investigating and addressing African crises in your classrooms.
- American Media:
- Other Media on Africa
The BBC Africa Desk offers print versions of stories carried by the British Broadcasting Service about Africa (updated several times a day).
- Le Monde
Integrated Regional Information Network of the United Nations Office for Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs. This news service provides daily up-dates from all regions in Africa.
- Sat - Jun 23, 2018: Explosion hits Ethiopia PM rally - BBC News - Africa
There has been a blast at a rally for Ethiopia's new PM Abiy Ahmed attended by thousands of people in Addis Ababa.
- Sat - Jun 23, 2018: Sudan:Central Darfur Camp Leader Murdered - AllAfrica News: Latest
[Radio Dabanga] Nierteti -A leader of one of the camps for displaced people in Nierteti, Central Darfur, was shot dead by gunmen in his house on Tuesday.
- Sat - Jun 23, 2018: South Sudan:Salva Kiir Declines Proposal to Work With Rebel Leader Dr Riek Machar - AllAfrica News: Latest
[Dalsan Radio] South Sudan President Salva Kiir has turned down the regional block Inter-governmental Authority on Development (Igad) proposal to work together with rebel leader Dr Riek Machar.
- Sat - Jun 23, 2018: Nigeria:Over 5.5% Suffering From Diabetes - Researchers - AllAfrica News: Latest
[Vanguard] Researchers have raised alarm over the increasing rate of diabetes among Nigerians, saying over 5.5 per cent of the country's population was suffering from the ailment.
- Sat - Jun 23, 2018: Ethiopia:Govt Allows Access to Over 260 Blocked Websites - AllAfrica News: Latest
[CPJ] New York -The Committee to Protect Journalists today welcomed the Ethiopian government's decision to allow access to 264 websites, including news outlets and blogs, that were blocked in the country. In a tweet today, Fitsum Arega, Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed's chief of staff, said that the sites included the diaspora outlets Oromia Media Network (OMN) and Ethiopian Satellite Television and Radio (ESAT). Belay Manaye, a journalist in Addis Ababa, confirmed to CPJ that the outlets were accessible in Ethiopia.