African Newspapers in the Classroom – African Media
- African Arguments
- African Center for Strategic Studies
- Africa is a Country – a site of media criticism, analysis, and new writing
- All Africa.com (formally Africa News). All Africa.com carries regularly updated news stories, primarily from African presses
- Daily Maverick
- Mail & Guardian
- News Directory -Lists by country all African newspapers which have websites.
- Teaching About African Crisis in the K-12 Classroom -Most of the news stories featured in the U.S. and western press focus on crises in Africa . At Exploring Africa we are dedicated to helping educators and students obtain a more balanced perspective on Africa . However, we do not suggest that educators and students ignore crises in Africa , but that they address these crises through a more thorough, balanced, and nuanced investigation than the western press normally offers its readers and viewers. We offer the following suggestions for investigating and addressing African crises in your classrooms.
- American Media:
- Other Media on Africa
The BBC Africa Desk offers print versions of stories carried by the British Broadcasting Service about Africa (updated several times a day).
- Le Monde
Integrated Regional Information Network of the United Nations Office for Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs. This news service provides daily up-dates from all regions in Africa.
- Mon - Aug 20, 2018: Africa:V. S. Naipaul, His Kenyan-Born Wife, Me and Lone Flower At the Dinner Table - AllAfrica News: Latest
[Nation] Finally, I met Naipaul in person. It was in Freile, Northern Italy, at the home of the Nonino family, the brewers of a special liqueur, Nonino grappa. The three Noninos, mother and her two daughters, who ran the distilleries, looked more like contestants in a beauty tournament than makers of intoxicants. But I had not left California where I taught, and he, England, where he lived, to drown in liquor. I was there to receive the 2011 International Nonino Prize for the Italian translation of my book, Moving
- Mon - Aug 20, 2018: Kenya:Kofi Annan and Kenya - Hero to Some and Villain to Others - AllAfrica News: Latest
[Nation] For at least two months in 2008, Kofi Annan, who died on Saturday aged 80, was the only hope for Kenya's future. Even MPs mulled giving him automatic citizenship and having a major road in the capital Nairobi named after him.
- Mon - Aug 20, 2018: Africa:Despite His Views On Africa, I Choose to Celebrate the Trinidadian's Work - AllAfrica News: Latest
[Nation] Many have written about the life and times of V.S. Naipaul since last Saturday when he passed on. Having said horrendous things about ex-colonials like me, it is inappropriate to for me respond now that he is dead.
- Mon - Aug 20, 2018: South Sudan:Army Chief Riak Defies UN Travel Ban - AllAfrica News: Latest
[Nation] Juba -South Sudanese blacklisted military chief General Jok Riak travelled to China in violation of sanctions imposed on him by the United Nations.
- Mon - Aug 20, 2018: South Sudan:Festus Mogae Steps Down From South Sudan Peace Watch Team - AllAfrica News: Latest
[Nation] Former Botswana President Festus Mogae, who has been chairing the regional peace watch team in South Sudan, the Joint Monitoring and Evaluation Commission (Jmec), has announced he is stepping down as the leader of the group.