- Can These Animators get Africa to Finally Honor its Female Heros? – Learn about the women that have “shaped the continent as much as men” and how they might finally be getting the recognition they’ve so long deserved.
- African Arguments
- African Center for Strategic Studies
- Africa is a Country – a site of media criticism, analysis, and new writing
- All Africa.com (formally Africa News). All Africa.com carries regularly updated news stories, primarily from African presses
- Daily Maverick
- Mail & Guardian
- News Directory -Lists by country all African newspapers which have websites.
- Teaching About African Crisis in the K-12 Classroom -Most of the news stories featured in the U.S. and western press focus on crises in Africa . At Exploring Africa we are dedicated to helping educators and students obtain a more balanced perspective on Africa . However, we do not suggest that educators and students ignore crises in Africa , but that they address these crises through a more thorough, balanced, and nuanced investigation than the western press normally offers its readers and viewers. We offer the following suggestions for investigating and addressing African crises in your classrooms.
- American Media:
- Other Media on Africa
The BBC Africa Desk offers print versions of stories carried by the British Broadcasting Service about Africa (updated several times a day).
- Le Monde
Integrated Regional Information Network of the United Nations Office for Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs. This news service provides daily up-dates from all regions in Africa.
- Thu - Apr 9, 2020: Africa's week in pictures: 3-9 April 2020 - BBC News - Africa
A selection of the best photos from across the continent this week.
- Thu - Apr 9, 2020: Coronavirus in South Africa: The lull before the tsunami? - BBC News - Africa
South Africa sees an unexpected slow-down in the daily rate of infections, writes Andrew Harding.
- Thu - Apr 9, 2020: South Africa: Ramaphosa Extends Coronavirus Lockdown, Slashes Cabinet Ministers' Salaries - AllAfrica News: Latest
[allAfrica] Cape Town -South Africa's President Cyril Ramaphosa has extended the country's coronavirus lockdown by another two weeks, effectively closing down free movement and much of the economy until the end of April. He also announced a temporary 33 percent pay cut for himself and members of his Cabinet and appealed to business executives to follow their example.
- Thu - Apr 9, 2020: South Africa: President Cyril Ramaphosa - Extension of Coronavirus COVID-19 Lockdown to the End of April - AllAfrica News: Latest
[Govt of SA] My Fellow South Africans,
- Thu - Apr 9, 2020: South Africa: Police Record 2,300 Gender-Based Violence Complaints in First Week of Lockdown - Not 87,000 - AllAfrica News: Latest
[Africa Check] High rates of gender-based violence are a huge concern for South Africa.