African Newspapers in the Classroom – African Media
- African Arguments
- African Center for Strategic Studies
- Africa is a Country – a site of media criticism, analysis, and new writing
- All Africa.com (formally Africa News). All Africa.com carries regularly updated news stories, primarily from African presses
- Daily Maverick
- Mail & Guardian
- News Directory -Lists by country all African newspapers which have websites.
- Teaching About African Crisis in the K-12 Classroom -Most of the news stories featured in the U.S. and western press focus on crises in Africa . At Exploring Africa we are dedicated to helping educators and students obtain a more balanced perspective on Africa . However, we do not suggest that educators and students ignore crises in Africa , but that they address these crises through a more thorough, balanced, and nuanced investigation than the western press normally offers its readers and viewers. We offer the following suggestions for investigating and addressing African crises in your classrooms.
- American Media:
- Other Media on Africa
The BBC Africa Desk offers print versions of stories carried by the British Broadcasting Service about Africa (updated several times a day).
- Le Monde
Integrated Regional Information Network of the United Nations Office for Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs. This news service provides daily up-dates from all regions in Africa.
- Tue - Jan 23, 2018: Uganda's Museveni: I love Trump for being frank with Africans - BBC News - Africa
Yoweri Museveni said the continent needs to be spoken to frankly and made to realise it is weak.
- Tue - Jan 23, 2018: Gambia:One Year On, Victims of Gambian Dictator Demand Justice - AllAfrica News: Latest
[IRIN] Banjul -Ayeshah was just 14 when her father went missing in 2005, never to be seen again. He was a relative of Gambian autocrat Yahya Jammeh, but he had made the fatal mistake of telling the president "what he was doing to people was wrong," Ayeshah told IRIN.
- Tue - Jan 23, 2018: Tanzania:Mining Firms Have Three Months to Comply With Law - AllAfrica News: Latest
[East African] Tanzania is set to restructure its troubled mining sector after the government gave mining companies three months to comply with new guidelines, which give local mining firms and financial institutions preference.
- Tue - Jan 23, 2018: Morocco launches 2026 World Cup campaign and logo - BBC News - Africa
Morocco launches its campaign to host the 2026 World Cup, less than five months before Fifa votes to decide who will stage the finals.
- Tue - Jan 23, 2018: Africa:Stability in Southern Africa Hinges On How Leaders Gain and Lose Power - AllAfrica News: Latest
[The Conversation Africa] While each country in Southern Africa has its own politics, recent developments involving presidents provide interesting contrasts across the region. Which presidents gain and lose power in 2018 - and how they do so - will have significance for the region as a whole, not least in helping determine its continued stability.