African Newspapers in the Classroom – African Media
- African Arguments
- African Center for Strategic Studies
- Africa is a Country – a site of media criticism, analysis, and new writing
- All Africa.com (formally Africa News). All Africa.com carries regularly updated news stories, primarily from African presses
- Daily Maverick
- Mail & Guardian
- News Directory -Lists by country all African newspapers which have websites.
- Teaching About African Crisis in the K-12 Classroom -Most of the news stories featured in the U.S. and western press focus on crises in Africa . At Exploring Africa we are dedicated to helping educators and students obtain a more balanced perspective on Africa . However, we do not suggest that educators and students ignore crises in Africa , but that they address these crises through a more thorough, balanced, and nuanced investigation than the western press normally offers its readers and viewers. We offer the following suggestions for investigating and addressing African crises in your classrooms.
- American Media:
- Other Media on Africa
The BBC Africa Desk offers print versions of stories carried by the British Broadcasting Service about Africa (updated several times a day).
- Le Monde
Integrated Regional Information Network of the United Nations Office for Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs. This news service provides daily up-dates from all regions in Africa.
- Thu - Feb 20, 2020: Zimbabwe: Educate Girl Child to End Early Marriages, Says MP - AllAfrica News: Latest
[The Herald] Society should educate and empower girls and women as a long-term solution to the problem of child marriages.
- Thu - Feb 20, 2020: Zimbabwe: Govt Reverses New Examination Fees - AllAfrica News: Latest
[The Herald] Government has with immediate effect cancelled the new 2020 examination fees and reverted to the old fees approved in 2015.
- Thu - Feb 20, 2020: Namibia: Govt Tightens Gambling Law - AllAfrica News: Latest
[New Era] The Ministry of Environment and Tourism has started conducting nationwide inspections of all gambling and casino operations to create a database of licensed and unlicensed businesses.
- Thu - Feb 20, 2020: Malawi: Ruling Party Supporters March Against Vote Ruling - AllAfrica News: Latest
[Nyasa Times] Democratic Progressive Party (DPP) faithful have Wedesday hit the streets in Zomba in a new wave of protests against the February 3 landmark Constitutional Court election case ruling which annulled the May 21 presidential election.
- Thu - Feb 20, 2020: South Africa: Anniversaries Spark Renewed Readings of Celebrated Sol Plaatje - AllAfrica News: Latest
[The Conversation Africa] Over the last decade, inquiry into the life and work of South African writer, intellectual and politician Solomon T. Plaatje has been spurred by a series of hundred-year anniversaries.