- African Arguments
- African Center for Strategic Studies
- Africa is a Country – a site of media criticism, analysis, and new writing
- All Africa.com (formally Africa News). All Africa.com carries regularly updated news stories, primarily from African presses
- Daily Maverick
- Mail & Guardian
- News Directory -Lists by country all African newspapers which have websites.
- Teaching About African Crisis in the K-12 Classroom -Most of the news stories featured in the U.S. and western press focus on crises in Africa . At Exploring Africa we are dedicated to helping educators and students obtain a more balanced perspective on Africa . However, we do not suggest that educators and students ignore crises in Africa , but that they address these crises through a more thorough, balanced, and nuanced investigation than the western press normally offers its readers and viewers. We offer the following suggestions for investigating and addressing African crises in your classrooms.
- American Media:
- Other Media on Africa
The BBC Africa Desk offers print versions of stories carried by the British Broadcasting Service about Africa (updated several times a day).
- Le Monde
Integrated Regional Information Network of the United Nations Office for Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs. This news service provides daily up-dates from all regions in Africa.
- Wed - Dec 11, 2019: At least 60 killed in Niger militant attack - BBC News - Africa
Analysts say that the Islamist insurgency is escalating at an alarming rate in the country.
- Wed - Dec 11, 2019: Algeria election: Five things to know - BBC News - Africa
As Algeria prepares for the first presidential election since the removal of Abdelaziz Bouteflika, protests have intensified on the streets.
- Wed - Dec 11, 2019: Angola: Supreme Court Reduces Sentence of Former Transport Minister - AllAfrica News: Latest
[ANGOP] Luanda -The Supreme Court on Wednesday said it has decided to reduce the sentence of the former Transport Minister, Augusto da Silva Tomas, from 14 years to 8 years and four months in prison.
- Wed - Dec 11, 2019: Uganda: Museveni Orders Landslide Victims to Relocate From Disaster-Prone Areas - AllAfrica News: Latest
[Monitor] President Museveni yesterday faulted Ugandans that have settled in wetlands and other disaster-prone areas and ordered that they vacate to safe areas.
- Wed - Dec 11, 2019: Uganda: Bank of Uganda Explains Drop in Uganda's Economy - AllAfrica News: Latest
[Monitor] The decline in aggregate demand in the country this financial year has caused a drop in the economy, Bank of Uganda (BoU) has said. The economy suffered 0.2 per cent drop in growth.