- African Arguments
- African Center for Strategic Studies
- Africa is a Country – a site of media criticism, analysis, and new writing
- All Africa.com (formally Africa News). All Africa.com carries regularly updated news stories, primarily from African presses
- Daily Maverick
- Mail & Guardian
- News Directory -Lists by country all African newspapers which have websites.
- Teaching About African Crisis in the K-12 Classroom -Most of the news stories featured in the U.S. and western press focus on crises in Africa . At Exploring Africa we are dedicated to helping educators and students obtain a more balanced perspective on Africa . However, we do not suggest that educators and students ignore crises in Africa , but that they address these crises through a more thorough, balanced, and nuanced investigation than the western press normally offers its readers and viewers. We offer the following suggestions for investigating and addressing African crises in your classrooms.
- American Media:
- Other Media on Africa
The BBC Africa Desk offers print versions of stories carried by the British Broadcasting Service about Africa (updated several times a day).
- Le Monde
Integrated Regional Information Network of the United Nations Office for Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs. This news service provides daily up-dates from all regions in Africa.
- Wed - May 24, 2017: Migrant crisis: Mediterranean rescue as 34 drown - BBC News - Africa
Rescuers tell of a frantic mission to save about 200 people who fell from a packed boat off Libya.
- Wed - May 24, 2017: Cameroon: Calls to Release Students Jailed for Sharing Boko Haram Joke - AllAfrica News: Latest
[AI London] More than 300,000 letters and petitions from people around the world have been sent to Cameroonian President Paul Biya calling on him to release three students each sentenced to 10 years in prison by a military court for sharing a joke by SMS about Boko Haram, Amnesty International revealed today.
- Wed - May 24, 2017: The women saving Somalia's animals from drought - BBC News - Africa
Somali women vets have been deployed across the country to keep animals alive amid a devastating drought.
- Wed - May 24, 2017: Nigeria: Benue State Begins Translation of Science Textbooks Into Indigenous Languages - AllAfrica News: Latest
[Premium Times] The Benue State Universal Basic Education Board has started translating science textbooks into Tiv dialect for easy learning and sustenance of indigenous languages.
- Wed - May 24, 2017: Nigeria: UK Deports 35 Nigerians - AllAfrica News: Latest
[Premium Times] The Government of the United Kingdom on Wednesday deported 35 Nigerians for committing immigration-related offences in the country.