African Newspapers in the Classroom – African Media
- African Arguments
- African Center for Strategic Studies
- Africa is a Country – a site of media criticism, analysis, and new writing
- All Africa.com (formally Africa News). All Africa.com carries regularly updated news stories, primarily from African presses
- Daily Maverick
- Mail & Guardian
- News Directory -Lists by country all African newspapers which have websites.
- Teaching About African Crisis in the K-12 Classroom -Most of the news stories featured in the U.S. and western press focus on crises in Africa . At Exploring Africa we are dedicated to helping educators and students obtain a more balanced perspective on Africa . However, we do not suggest that educators and students ignore crises in Africa , but that they address these crises through a more thorough, balanced, and nuanced investigation than the western press normally offers its readers and viewers. We offer the following suggestions for investigating and addressing African crises in your classrooms.
- American Media:
- Other Media on Africa
The BBC Africa Desk offers print versions of stories carried by the British Broadcasting Service about Africa (updated several times a day).
- Le Monde
Integrated Regional Information Network of the United Nations Office for Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs. This news service provides daily up-dates from all regions in Africa.
- Thu - Jun 22, 2017: If the caps fits... - BBC News - Africa
A selection of the best photos from across Africa this week.
- Thu - Jun 22, 2017: Life savers - BBC News - Africa
A key part of reducing the number of Ebola deaths was ensuring safe burials, research says.
- Thu - Jun 22, 2017: Cameroon's hopes dented by Australia draw - BBC News - Africa
Cameroon's hopes of progressing to the next stage of the Confederations Cup in Russia are dented by a 1-1 draw with Australia.
- Thu - Jun 22, 2017: Sudan: Time to Repeal U.S. Sanctions On Sudan? - AllAfrica News: Latest
[ICG] The clock is ticking for President Trump who must decide by 12 July whether to lift decades-long U.S. sanctions on Sudan. The failure of economic penalties to alter Khartoum's behaviour so far means Washington should repeal some sanctions and continue a process of conditional engagement.
- Thu - Jun 22, 2017: South Africa court allows secret Zuma no-confidence vote - BBC News - Africa
It is up to South Africa's parliamentary Speaker to decide whether the vote will be held in secret.