African Newspapers in the Classroom – African Media
- African Arguments
- African Center for Strategic Studies
- Africa is a Country – a site of media criticism, analysis, and new writing
- All Africa.com (formally Africa News). All Africa.com carries regularly updated news stories, primarily from African presses
- Daily Maverick
- Mail & Guardian
- News Directory -Lists by country all African newspapers which have websites.
- Teaching About African Crisis in the K-12 Classroom -Most of the news stories featured in the U.S. and western press focus on crises in Africa . At Exploring Africa we are dedicated to helping educators and students obtain a more balanced perspective on Africa . However, we do not suggest that educators and students ignore crises in Africa , but that they address these crises through a more thorough, balanced, and nuanced investigation than the western press normally offers its readers and viewers. We offer the following suggestions for investigating and addressing African crises in your classrooms.
- American Media:
- Other Media on Africa
The BBC Africa Desk offers print versions of stories carried by the British Broadcasting Service about Africa (updated several times a day).
- Le Monde
Integrated Regional Information Network of the United Nations Office for Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs. This news service provides daily up-dates from all regions in Africa.
- Sat - Oct 19, 2019: FA Cup tie abandoned after reports of racial abuse at Haringey Borough v Yeovil - BBC News - Africa
An FA Cup tie is abandoned after Haringey Borough's manager takes his team off the field amid accusations of racism.
- Sat - Oct 19, 2019: Renamo calls for Mozambique elections to be cancelled - BBC News - Africa
The poll was marred by violence and fraud, says the main opposition party, Renamo.
- Sat - Oct 19, 2019: Fifa U-17 World Cup: Nigeria seek sixth title as they announce squad - BBC News - Africa
Nigeria are aiming for a sixth title as they announce a final 21-man squad for the Fifa Under-17 World Cup in Brazil later this month.
- Sat - Oct 19, 2019: Sudan: Severe Bread Crisis in Sudan's Atbara - AllAfrica News: Latest
[Radio Dabanga] Atbara -People living in the town of Atbara in River Nile state are suffering again from bread shortages.
- Sat - Oct 19, 2019: Sudan: Eastern Sudanese Activist Accuses Security Chief of Murder - AllAfrica News: Latest
[Radio Dabanga] El Gedaref -An activist in eastern Sudan's El Gedaref accuses the police and the state's prosecution of foot-dragging concerning the complaint lodged against the former director of the security apparatus in the state, charging him with murder, torture, and illegal detention.