African Newspapers in the Classroom – African Media
- African Arguments
- African Center for Strategic Studies
- Africa is a Country – a site of media criticism, analysis, and new writing
- All Africa.com (formally Africa News). All Africa.com carries regularly updated news stories, primarily from African presses
- Daily Maverick
- Mail & Guardian
- News Directory -Lists by country all African newspapers which have websites.
- Teaching About African Crisis in the K-12 Classroom -Most of the news stories featured in the U.S. and western press focus on crises in Africa . At Exploring Africa we are dedicated to helping educators and students obtain a more balanced perspective on Africa . However, we do not suggest that educators and students ignore crises in Africa , but that they address these crises through a more thorough, balanced, and nuanced investigation than the western press normally offers its readers and viewers. We offer the following suggestions for investigating and addressing African crises in your classrooms.
- American Media:
- Other Media on Africa
The BBC Africa Desk offers print versions of stories carried by the British Broadcasting Service about Africa (updated several times a day).
- Le Monde
Integrated Regional Information Network of the United Nations Office for Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs. This news service provides daily up-dates from all regions in Africa.
- Tue - Oct 16, 2018: Ivorian Nicolas Pepe succeeds Kylian Mbappe as player of the month - BBC News - Africa
Ivory Coast's Nicolas Pepe succeeds Kylian Mbappe in being named the French Ligue 1 player of the month the first African win the award since 2016.
- Tue - Oct 16, 2018: Morocco train crash: Rabat derailment 'kills four' - BBC News - Africa
Dozens more were injured when the train derailed near Morocco's capital Rabat, reports say.
- Tue - Oct 16, 2018: Liberia:When Aid Workers Become Sexual Predators - AllAfrica News: Latest
[ProPublica] An acclaimed American charity said it was saving some of the world's most vulnerable girls from sexual exploitation. But from the very beginning, girls were being raped.
- Tue - Oct 16, 2018: Boko Haram faction kills second aid worker in Nigeria - BBC News - Africa
The fate of two other hostages, including a 15-year-old schoolgirl, is unknown.
- Tue - Oct 16, 2018: Gambia:Gambia Launches Truth and Reconciliation Commission - AllAfrica News: Latest
[VOA] Gambia has launched a truth and reconciliation commission to look into crimes committed under former President Yahya Jammeh's government, which is accused of torturing and killing perceived opponents.