- African Arguments
- African Center for Strategic Studies
- Africa is a Country – a site of media criticism, analysis, and new writing
- All Africa.com (formally Africa News). All Africa.com carries regularly updated news stories, primarily from African presses
- Daily Maverick
- Mail & Guardian
- News Directory -Lists by country all African newspapers which have websites.
- Teaching About African Crisis in the K-12 Classroom -Most of the news stories featured in the U.S. and western press focus on crises in Africa . At Exploring Africa we are dedicated to helping educators and students obtain a more balanced perspective on Africa . However, we do not suggest that educators and students ignore crises in Africa , but that they address these crises through a more thorough, balanced, and nuanced investigation than the western press normally offers its readers and viewers. We offer the following suggestions for investigating and addressing African crises in your classrooms.
- American Media:
- Other Media on Africa
The BBC Africa Desk offers print versions of stories carried by the British Broadcasting Service about Africa (updated several times a day).
- Le Monde
Integrated Regional Information Network of the United Nations Office for Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs. This news service provides daily up-dates from all regions in Africa.
- Wed - Aug 21, 2019: Sudan transition: Lt-Gen Burhan sworn in as sovereign council chief - BBC News - Africa
Lt-Gen Burhan will head the sovereign council for the first 21 months of the planned transition to democracy.
- Wed - Aug 21, 2019: Zimbabwe: Teachers to Wear Black Every Pay Day to Mourn Death of 'Our Salaries' - AllAfrica News: Latest
[New Zimbabwe] Firebrand teachers group, Amalgamated Rural Teachers' Unions of Zimbabwe ARTUZ, famed for embarking on a 275km march to press for improved wages, on Tuesday said they were now turning to wearing black during paydays to protest poor salaries.
- Wed - Aug 21, 2019: South Africa: Arms Deal - Seriti Inquiry Findings Set Aside - AllAfrica News: Latest
[News24Wire] The Gauteng High Court in Pretoria has set aside the findings of the arms deal commission of inquiry, with costs.
- Wed - Aug 21, 2019: Traditional horse-racing in South Africa's Eastern Cape - BBC News - Africa
Traditional horse-racing by Xhosa men in South Africa's Eastern Cape.
- Wed - Aug 21, 2019: Africa: Matshidiso Moeti Chosen to Serve as WHO Africa Director for Second Term - AllAfrica News: Latest
[Daily Trust] The 47 member-states of the World Health Organization's (WHO) African Region have nominated Dr Matshidiso Moeti to serve a second five-year term as Regional Director for Africa.