- Can These Animators get Africa to Finally Honor its Female Heros? – Learn about the women that have “shaped the continent as much as men” and how they might finally be getting the recognition they’ve so long deserved.
- African Arguments
- African Center for Strategic Studies
- Africa is a Country – a site of media criticism, analysis, and new writing
- All Africa.com (formally Africa News). All Africa.com carries regularly updated news stories, primarily from African presses
- Daily Maverick
- Mail & Guardian
- News Directory -Lists by country all African newspapers which have websites.
- Teaching About African Crisis in the K-12 Classroom -Most of the news stories featured in the U.S. and western press focus on crises in Africa . At Exploring Africa we are dedicated to helping educators and students obtain a more balanced perspective on Africa . However, we do not suggest that educators and students ignore crises in Africa , but that they address these crises through a more thorough, balanced, and nuanced investigation than the western press normally offers its readers and viewers. We offer the following suggestions for investigating and addressing African crises in your classrooms.
- American Media:
- Other Media on Africa
The BBC Africa Desk offers print versions of stories carried by the British Broadcasting Service about Africa (updated several times a day).
- Le Monde
Integrated Regional Information Network of the United Nations Office for Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs. This news service provides daily up-dates from all regions in Africa.
- Sun - Nov 29, 2020: Viewpoint: How Ethiopia is undermining the African Union - BBC News - Africa
The country has rebuffed African efforts to find a negotiated settlement to the Tigray conflict.
- Sun - Nov 29, 2020: Ethiopia's Tigray crisis: What does it mean for the east Africa region? - BBC News - Africa
BBC correspondents across the east Africa region explain the impact for Ethiopia and its neighbours.
- Sat - Nov 28, 2020: Africa: Communique on the Visit of the African Union Envoys To Ethiopia - AllAfrica News: Latest
[African Union] Addis Ababa -- The African Union Envoys to the Democratic Federal Republic of Ethiopia, His Excellency Joaquim Alberto Chissano, former President of the Republic of Mozambique, His Excellency Kgalema Motlanthe, former President of the Republic of South Africa, and Her Excellency, Ellen Sirleaf Johnson, former President of Liberia, undertook their first mission to the Federal Republic of Ethiopia from 25 - 27 November 2020.
- Sat - Nov 28, 2020: Ethiopia's Tigray crisis: PM claims capture of regional capital Mekelle - BBC News - Africa
Abiy Ahmed says the army has taken full control of Mekelle from the Tigray People's Liberation Front.
- Sat - Nov 28, 2020: Zimbabwe: 'Maradona Was Just a Universal Song, So Catholic That It Was Ubiquitous, Stop the Tambourine but the Music Will Still Be Playing On.' - AllAfrica News: Latest
[The Herald] THE last time I saw him was at a state-of-the-art football stadium with a name, as appropriate as any, which can be found in this game - Soccer City.