COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Presidential Republic
Current President: Adama Barrow
Population: 2,051,363 (2017)
Land Size: 11,295 sq km (4,361 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Mon - Aug 20, 2018: Multi-Million Dollar Tomato Factory Sets for Production - AllAfrica News: Gambia
[Foroyaa] Gambia Angola China Global Group (GACH]), is set to operate a tomato paste and mineral water factory in the Gambia. The five million dollar project was revealed by the proprietor of the Group, in a press conference with Journalists at their Headquarters in Banjulunding.
- Mon - Aug 20, 2018: The Seat of the Presidency, A Hot Seat - AllAfrica News: Gambia
[Foroyaa] The expression of divergent views and dissenting opinions from the angle of the media, the people and the executive should always be characterised by three fundamental pillars.
- Mon - Aug 20, 2018: College Staff End Strike - AllAfrica News: Gambia
[Foroyaa] Staff of the Gambia College have ended their indefinite strike, after negotiating with stakeholders.
- Mon - Aug 20, 2018: Does the Gambia Need Donor Support? - AllAfrica News: Gambia
[Foroyaa] The main reason why Haile Selassie lost the confidence of the Ethiopian people is when he considered it a disgrace to display the hungry emaciated bodies of the Ethiopian people suffering from drought. Such people needed humanitarian assistance but the government felt that its opponents were trying to discredit it by displaying such pictures of dying people and animals.
- Mon - Aug 20, 2018: Stakeholders Hold Validation On Crab Island Initiative - AllAfrica News: Gambia
[Foroyaa] Following the official launch, on 14 June 2017, of the process towards the establishment and operation of the Banjul North Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) Centre at the former Crab Island, a series of consultation between and among stakeholders and other related activities have taken place culminating in the development of working documents for the implementation of the project.