COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Presidential Republic
Current President: Adama Barrow
Population: 2,092,731 (2018)
Land Size: 11,295 sq km (4,361 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Wed - Dec 11, 2019: French Development Agency Grants Budget Support to Government - AllAfrica News: Gambia
[Foroyaa] Mambureh NJIE, the Minister of Finance and Economic Affairs and Alexandre Pointier, the French Development Agency's (AFD) Regional Director for Senegal, the Gambia, Cape Verde and Guinea Bissau yesterday Tuesday December 10th, signed a finance agreement formalizing a two million Euro budget support for the Gambia.
- Wed - Dec 11, 2019: The Gambia Adopts Roadmap for Educational and Training Institutions to Step Up Support to Youth - AllAfrica News: Gambia
[ITC] Action plan aims to reinforce skills of Gambian youth, strengthen economic competitiveness and help create more quality jobs
- Wed - Dec 11, 2019: Christian Council Gives Position Paper On New Draft Constitution - AllAfrica News: Gambia
[Foroyaa] The position paper indicated that "Christianity and Islam have lived side by side in mutual coexistence until this present day. It is an established national pride in the Gambia that across the country, families often have members of the two faiths living together and embracing each other's faiths based on personal conviction.
- Wed - Dec 11, 2019: Today Is D-Day for the Budget - AllAfrica News: Gambia
[Foroyaa] The National Assembly made history when they sat from 10am on Friday 29th December to 6.05am on Saturday 30th November to consider the Estimates for the 2020 financial year.
- Wed - Dec 11, 2019: Re-Open Investigations Into Killing of Ghanaians in the Gambia - MPSS - AllAfrica News: Gambia
[Ghanaian Times] North Tongu Member of Parliament (MP), Samuel Okudzeto Ablakwa, has called for the re-opening into investigations over the killing of 44 Ghanaian immigrants in The Gambia in 2005.