COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Presidential Republic
Current President: Adama Barrow
Population: 1,925,000 (2014)
Land Size: 11,295 sq km (4,361 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Fri - Aug 18, 2017: Fatty, Senegal PM Meet in Dakar - AllAfrica News: Gambia
[The Point] Interior Minister Mai Ahmad Fatty on Thursday met with the Prime Minister of Senegal Abdoulla Boun Dione, assuring him of greater cooperation in the areas of peace and security.
- Fri - Aug 18, 2017: Deportation of Gambians From Europe Is Not EU Arrangement - AllAfrica News: Gambia
[The Point] The issue of whether to deport Gambians or any other migrants from Europe is not decided by the European Union, the EU Ambassador clarified.
- Fri - Aug 18, 2017: Lotto Gaming Gambia Rolls Out D400,000 to Lucky Winners - AllAfrica News: Gambia
[The Point] Lotto Gaming Gambia Limited over weekend paid D399,950 to four lucky winners of their jackpot raffle.
- Fri - Aug 18, 2017: Alagie Sosseh On a Scoring Rebirth - AllAfrica News: Gambia
[Foroyaa] Veteran Scorpion Alagie Sosseh is a man on a scoring revival after becoming the highest scoring African in the Swedish Division One. The left-sided scorer is slowly picking the form that once made him a top priority transfer target two years ago in the Norwegian Premier League.
- Fri - Aug 18, 2017: 'Truth, God Fearing & Honest People Should Constitute TRRC,' People of LRR Tell Delegation - AllAfrica News: Gambia
[Foroyaa] The people of the Lower River Region are of the view that the current government in collaboration with the Attorney General and Minister of Justice should appoint people with integrity to run the affairs of the TRRC. Seedy Jobe, a native of Jarra Karantaba disclosed that he was dismissed from his position as Senior Plumber at the national electricity company, NAWEC.