COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Presidential Republic
Current President: Adama Barrow
Population: 2,092,731 (2018)
Land Size: 11,295 sq km (4,361 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Fri - Jan 15, 2021: Bakary Papa Gassama Selected CHAN 2021 Var Panelist - AllAfrica News: Gambia
[The Point] Gambian and Africa's top referee Bakary Papa Gassama is selected to be part of the seven referees to be in charge of the Video Assistant Referee (VAR) at the CHAN 2021 tournament scheduled to take place in Cameroon from 16 January to 7 February.
- Thu - Jan 14, 2021: Trust Bank Ltd, Atlas Energy Company Receive Certificates - AllAfrica News: Gambia
[The Point] The Entrepreneur Magazine, a business magazine committed to promoting corporate organisations and other institutions in The Gambia recently awarded certificates of appreciation to the Trust Bank Gambia Ltd. and the Atlas Energy Company in recognition of their outstanding patronage of its maiden edition 2020.
- Thu - Jan 14, 2021: Nogjwca Members On Gender Reporting - AllAfrica News: Gambia
[The Point] In an effort to equip journalists on gender reporting and other related issues, Women's Bureau in collaboration with the Ministry of Women, Children and Social Welfare, supported by UNICEF recently organised a three days training for members of Network of Gender Journalists for Women and Cultural Advancement (NoGJWCA) on how to report on FGM/ C, and Child Marriage through media campaign.
- Thu - Jan 14, 2021: Jileng Kunda Project Presents Medical Items to Essau Health Centre - AllAfrica News: Gambia
[The Point] Jileng Kunda Project, a non-profit organization founded in 2019 by Suwaidou Sonko on Wednesday presented medical items to Essau Health Centre.
- Thu - Jan 14, 2021: NIA Employee Says 'Alagie Morr' Fled the Country After the 2016 Presidential Election - AllAfrica News: Gambia
[Foroyaa] A staff of the NIA said on Wednesday Edrisa Jobe(alias Alagie Morr), who is accused of torturing several people at the country's spy agency, fled the Gambia after Yahya Jammeh lost to Adama Barrow during the 2016 presidential election.