COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Presidential Republic
Current President: Adama Barrow
Population: 1,925,000 (2014)
Land Size: 11,295 sq km (4,361 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Wed - May 24, 2017: Three Charged With House Breaking, Stealing - AllAfrica News: Gambia
[Daily Observer] Three men were on Monday paraded by police prosecutors before Magistrate Pa Modou Njie at the Bundung Magistrates' Court on charges of conspiracy, house breaking and stealing.
- Wed - May 24, 2017: Court Levies D35, 000 Fine On Drug Convict or Risk 1 Year Imprisonment - AllAfrica News: Gambia
[Daily Observer] The Sibanor Narcotics Court has convicted and sentenced one Kalilu Sillah to pay a fine of D35, 000 or risk a year jail term following his guilty plea on two charges of conspiracy and possession of prohibited drugs.
- Wed - May 24, 2017: National Stakeholders Conference On Justice, Human Rights Opens - AllAfrica News: Gambia
[Daily Observer] A well attended national convergence of stakeholders on Justice and Human Right is currently underway at a local hotel in Banjul.
- Wed - May 24, 2017: Soma Newtown FC Lifts UNFPA's Lrr Championship - AllAfrica News: Gambia
[Daily Observer] Jarra Soma Newtown FC lifted UNFPA's regional football tournament after beating Kiang Geneire FC 1-0 in a football final played on Friday at Soma Mini Stadium in Jarra West District, Lower River Region.
- Wed - May 24, 2017: Court Eviction Order Turns Violent in Farato - AllAfrica News: Gambia
[Daily Observer] An eviction order by the Sheriff Division of the High Court in Banjul has turned disastrous in Farato Village in the Kombo South District of the West Coast Region.