COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Presidential Republic
Current President: Adama Barrow
Population: 2,092,731 (2018)
Land Size: 11,295 sq km (4,361 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Fri - Jun 14, 2019: President Approves Forfeiture of Yahya Jammeh's Properties - AllAfrica News: Gambia
[Foroyaa] The Gambia Government will be forfeiting the assets and properties of former President Jammeh. The Minister of Justice, Mr Tambadou, has revealed at a press conference yesterday 12th June, that the president has approved the decision and the government has taken the following interim measures as part of its recovery efforts against former president Yahya Jammeh.
- Fri - Jun 14, 2019: GPA Donates Drugs to Mile II Prison Clinic - AllAfrica News: Gambia
[Foroyaa] The Gambia Ports Authority (GPA), has on Wednesday June 12th 2019 presented medical items to the Mile-II Prison Clinic at a ceremony held at the Prisons Administrative Hall at Mile II.
- Fri - Jun 14, 2019: A Ban On Child Labor in Africa Is Not Enough - AllAfrica News: Gambia
[Deutsche Welle] Many children in Africa have to work as domestic helps, on plantations or in prostitution to survive. They are robbed of their childhood and guaranteed a life in poverty if they are kept out of school.
- Fri - Jun 14, 2019: Chelsea Offers Gambian Contract Extension - AllAfrica News: Gambia
[Foroyaa] English Premier League outfit Chelsea have offered Gambian midfielder Joseph Colley a contract, it has emerged.
- Fri - Jun 14, 2019: No Law or Policy On Retirement Age of Chiefs - AllAfrica News: Gambia
[Foroyaa] In a marathon question and answer session at the National Assembly it is now becoming apparently clear that there is no law or policy establishing a retirement age for Chiefs. The Minister for Regional Government and Lands decided to assure Deputies that he will go back and make detailed findings on why all the Chiefs removed during President Barrow's tenure received termination or retirement letters.