COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Presidential Republic
Current President: Adama Barrow
Population: 1,925,000 (2014)
Land Size: 11,295 sq km (4,361 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Thu - Nov 23, 2017: Is Illegal Migration Stoppable? - AllAfrica News: Gambia
[The Point] Some six years after the fall of Muammar Gaddafi and the wave of arrival of migrants crossing the country that followed, never the African and international opinion had been so shocked by what is happening in Libya. The Point newspaper offers you a thorough analysis to understand the ins and outs of this unprecedented migration crisis.
- Thu - Nov 23, 2017: Bills On TRRC, CRC, HRC Approved By Cabinet - AllAfrica News: Gambia
[Foroyaa] The cabinet meeting presided over by President Adama Barrow has approved the bills on the Truth, Reconciliation and Reparation Commission (TRRC), Constitutional Review Committee (CRC) and Human Rights Commission (HRC), on 21st November 2017, at his Fajara office.
- Thu - Nov 23, 2017: Seven-Goal Jallow Wowing in Italy - AllAfrica News: Gambia
[Foroyaa] Gambian winger Lamin Jallow is making the headlines for all the right reasons in the Italian second tier.
- Thu - Nov 23, 2017: Farato Case - Court Denies State Remand Appeal - AllAfrica News: Gambia
[Foroyaa] The High Court Presided over by Justice Buba Jawo on November 21st 2017, denied State prosecutor A.N. Yusuf's application to remand the alleged Farato rioters at Mile II. Counsel Yusuf appealed on behalf of the state, for the court to remand the accused persons because they failed to meet their bail condition as ordered by the former Judge, Justice Basiru Mahoney; that the court gave the accused persons 4 weeks to fulfill their bail bonds which has now elapsed.
- Thu - Nov 23, 2017: Winning Start for Gaffer Kuyateh's Gamtel - AllAfrica News: Gambia
[Foroyaa] Sulayman Kuyateh picked up his first points of the season as Gamtel FC's coach, beating FF Cup holders' Hawks 1-0.