COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Presidential Republic
Current President: Adama Barrow
Population: 2,051,363 (2017)
Land Size: 11,295 sq km (4,361 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Thu - Dec 13, 2018: Nigerian Singer Davido Said to be Wanted by Gambian Police - AllAfrica News: Gambia
[Vanguard] Words currently on the lips of music pundits is that Nigerian pop music singer, Davido, may be jinxed as he has been reportedly declared wanted in Gambia for allegedly assaulting one Kenny Egbuke, a celebrity photographer who came to cover his recent music concert in Gambia.
- Wed - Dec 12, 2018: Public Designation of The Gambia's Yahya Jammeh - AllAfrica News: Gambia
[State Department] The Department is publicly designating former president of The Gambia, Yahya Jammeh, under the terms of Section 7031(c) of the Department of State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs Appropriations Act of 2018, due to his involvement in significant corruption. Section 7031(c) provides that, in cases where the Secretary of State has credible information that foreign government officials have been involved in significant corruption or a gross violation of human rights, those individuals and their immed
- Wed - Dec 12, 2018: At the Court-Martial - Lance Corporal Sainey Camara Testifies in Two Soldiers Trial - AllAfrica News: Gambia
[Foroyaa] Lance Corporal Sainey Camara, on Monday December 10th, testified before the Court-Martial on how the cautionary statements of the two accused persons were obtained.
- Wed - Dec 12, 2018: U.S. Govt. Bans Jammeh, Family From Entry - AllAfrica News: Gambia
[Foroyaa] The United States Government has announced on Monday, December 10 that it has put former Gambian president Yahya Jammeh and his family under public designation and therefore will not have access to US entry.
- Wed - Dec 12, 2018: GPDP Holds Congress in Brikama-BA - AllAfrica News: Gambia
[Foroyaa] Under the leadership of Henry Gomez, The Gambia Party for Democracy and Progress (GPDP) on Saturday December 8, 2018, held the party's Congress at the Found Hall of Brikamaba in CRR, to decide on who the new Executive members will be, to run the party's affairs.