COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Presidential Republic
Current President: Adama Barrow
Population: 2,051,363 (2017)
Land Size: 11,295 sq km (4,361 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Fri - Feb 15, 2019: Human Rights in a New Gambia - AllAfrica News: Gambia
[Foroyaa] Freedom of expression, freedom of assembly, freedom of movement, freedom of religious practice, freedom to belong to a political party of one's choice, freedom to petition the executive and hold demonstration are all enshrined in the Constitution. How they are to be exercised is provided for by laws that are supposed to be reasonably justifiable in a democratic society.
- Fri - Feb 15, 2019: GAF Won't Have It Easy - Says Tallinding's Darboe - AllAfrica News: Gambia
[Foroyaa] Sanna SK Darboe, the head coach for Tallinding United insists his side cannot afford a defeat in their forthcoming match against Gambia Armed Forces.
- Fri - Feb 15, 2019: MC Cham Explains His Torment By Security Agents - AllAfrica News: Gambia
[Foroyaa] A veteran politician and former minister in the PPP regime, Momodou C. Cham commonly known as MC Cham has on Monday appeared before the TRRC as the first witness of the second session of their sittings.
- Fri - Feb 15, 2019: 'China, Gambia Committed to Equip Medical Students' Dr. Jianmin - AllAfrica News: Gambia
[Foroyaa] Chinese Doctor Li Jianmin, has disclosed to this medium that China and the Gambia intend to equip Gambia Medical Students studying radiology; that giant steps have been taken by the two nations to meet this targeted goal. Dr Jianmin disclosed this in an interview on Sunday January 26th 2019.
- Fri - Feb 15, 2019: Halifa Sallah Reviews His 15th November 2005 Arrest - AllAfrica News: Gambia
[Foroyaa] History is written with deeds and not words unless they sum up deeds. A Truth Reconciliation and Reparations Commission is meant to document real happenings in good faith in the public interest. This is inconceivable unless witnesses are truthful.