COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Presidential Republic
Current President: Adama Barrow
Population: 1,925,000 (2014)
Land Size: 11,295 sq km (4,361 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Tue - Jan 23, 2018: One Year On, Victims of Gambian Dictator Demand Justice - AllAfrica News: Gambia
[IRIN] Banjul -Ayeshah was just 14 when her father went missing in 2005, never to be seen again. He was a relative of Gambian autocrat Yahya Jammeh, but he had made the fatal mistake of telling the president "what he was doing to people was wrong," Ayeshah told IRIN.
- Mon - Jan 22, 2018: Rising Gambian Hip-Hop Making Waves in Music Industry - AllAfrica News: Gambia
[The Point] Jerreh Jizzle, one of Gambia's rocking hip hop and RNB artiste is making waves in The Gambia's music industry.
- Fri - Jan 19, 2018: Statement of Chairperson of Inter-Party Committee - AllAfrica News: Gambia
[Foroyaa] In a month from this very day The Gambia will commemorate its 53rd birthday as a country which has attained its right to self -determination and Independence. We are assembled here today as representatives of all the registered political parties in the Country. We are assembled for a purpose. This statement is designed to remind us of our mandate as an Inter-Party Committee functioning under the Constitution and other laws of the Country which we have bound ourselves to observe, respect and uphold. It is t
- Fri - Jan 19, 2018: Gunshot Victim Discharged From Hospital - AllAfrica News: Gambia
[Foroyaa] An 18-year-old young man who suffered a gunshot wound in the recent violence and mayhem in Busumbala, has been discharged from the country's main hospital in Banjul, a family member told Foroyaa.
- Fri - Jan 19, 2018: Gambia's Backbone Is Broken, Needs Urgent Action to Fix It - AllAfrica News: Gambia
[Foroyaa] For the past 70 years the economy of our country has been based on Agriculture, yet many Gambians, especially those living in rural Gambia continue to suffer in hunger and poverty.