COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Presidential Republic
Current President: Adama Barrow
Population: 2,092,731 (2018)
Land Size: 11,295 sq km (4,361 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Tue - Jul 7, 2020: Sidia Jatta - Parochial Consideration of Law Has Delayed Gambia for 22 Years - AllAfrica News: Gambia
[Foroyaa] Sidia Jatta, member for Wuli West told lawmakers on Monday that parochial consideration of law has delayed the Gambia for over 22 years.
- Tue - Jul 7, 2020: National Journalism Award Committee Reduce Award Categories - AllAfrica News: Gambia
[Foroyaa] The Awards Committee of the National Journalism Award (NJA) has reduced the award categories from twenty to thirteen for the 2020 awards night.
- Tue - Jul 7, 2020: Defence Lawyer Objects to State's Request for Adjournment in Yanks Touray's Case - AllAfrica News: Gambia
[Foroyaa] Adoulie Sisoho on Monday asked the Court asked the Court not to grant an adjournment request sought by the State in the case of his client Yankuba Touray, a former Minister of Local Government.
- Tue - Jul 7, 2020: Soldier Caught With Suspected Cannabis in Foni Charged - AllAfrica News: Gambia
[Foroyaa] Lance Corporal Nuha Conteh, a soldier who was caught with suspected cannabis has been charged and will be arraigned before the Brikama Magistrate's Court on the 14th July 2020, Drug Law Enforcement Agency spokesperson confirmed to this paper.
- Tue - Jul 7, 2020: David Colley Applied Colonial Law While He Was Prison Service Boss - AllAfrica News: Gambia
[Foroyaa] The former Director General of the prison service of The Gambia, David Charles Colley, has been using colonial law to discharge his functions as the head of the prisons.