COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Presidential Republic
Current President: Adama Barrow
Population: 1,925,000 (2014)
Land Size: 11,295 sq km (4,361 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Fri - Apr 20, 2018: Goal-Assassin Ali Sowe Proving Unstoppable - AllAfrica News: Gambia
[Foroyaa] Proving too hot to handle for defenders this moment is Gambian striker Ali Sowe.
- Fri - Apr 20, 2018: Ministry of Foreign Affairs Repudiates 'Pseudo Instagram' Activity - AllAfrica News: Gambia
[Foroyaa] The Ministry of Foreign Affairs yesterday issued a statement repudiating activities related to a pseudo Instagram Account of the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Mr Ousainu Darboe.
- Fri - Apr 20, 2018: Shortage of Fish At Coastal Landing Sites - AllAfrica News: Gambia
[Foroyaa] Information reaching this medium indicate shortage of fish in almost all coastal fish landing sites, affecting the fishermen and women (bana banas), but most particularly the general public. Tanji, one of the main fish landing sites in the country, lacks fish for the past three days, affecting everyone.
- Fri - Apr 20, 2018: Trial of GDC NAM and Co. Adjourned - AllAfrica News: Gambia
[Foroyaa] The criminal Case involving Hon. Alagie Sowe, the NAM for Jimara constituency, Faye Manneh, Muhammed Sowe, Sara Jawo and Foday Baldeh, at the Basse Magistrates' Court, was adjourned yesterday.
- Fri - Apr 20, 2018: The Implication of the Rise in Ferry Tarrifs - AllAfrica News: Gambia
[Foroyaa] The increase in ferry tariffs in relation to vehicles is having an inflationary impact on construction. Many builders are relying on Senegal in particular for the importation of basalt. The increase in tariff will undoubtedly impact on the price of basalt. Hence construction relying on basalt is likely to increase in cost. Foroyaa will conduct an investigation to find out the impact of the rise in ferry tariff on the cost of construction.