COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Presidential Republic
Current President: Adama Barrow
Population: 2,092,731 (2018)
Land Size: 11,295 sq km (4,361 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Thu - Apr 25, 2019: Petroleum Ministry Holds Forum On Optional Power Generation - AllAfrica News: Gambia
[Foroyaa] The Ministry of Petroleum and Energy, recently held a day forum on the Mini-grids Small Scale Electricity Generation, which will increase access and stimulate social economic development.
- Thu - Apr 25, 2019: 'TRRC Is Not a Witch-Hunting Exercise' Lead Counsel Faal - AllAfrica News: Gambia
[Foroyaa] Essa M. Faal the lead Counsel for the TRRC has on Tuesday 23rd April told the press that the Commission is not a witch-hunting exercise.
- Thu - Apr 25, 2019: CRC Establishes Technical Committees - AllAfrica News: Gambia
[Foroyaa] The Constitutional Review Commission (CRC) has established five technical committees, three of which have already been inaugurated. This was revealed in a CRC press release its communication department issued yesterday. According to the release,
- Thu - Apr 25, 2019: Former Clerk of the National Assembly Passes Away - AllAfrica News: Gambia
[Foroyaa] Dodu CM Kebbeh, was born on the 3rd of March 1957, in the village of Sutusinjang, in the Foni Berefet District of the West Coast Region. Kebbeh attended Ndemban Primary School from 1964 to 1970 and proceeded to Brikama Junior Secondary School from 1970 to 1971. He lived with his family in Burusubi Housing Estate.
- Thu - Apr 25, 2019: Are the Political Parties Campaigning for Elections or Building the Foundation of a Multi-Party System? - AllAfrica News: Gambia
[Foroyaa] What type of constitution do the political parties want? What type of electoral system do they subscribe to? How should the political parties relate? What was the purpose of this transition? Was it just a short cut for some people to reposition themselves in the power structures of the state or was it to empower the people to become free to think, scrutinise and take decisions on the type of state they want, to ensure that their needs and aspirations are addressed.