COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Presidential Constitutional Republic
Current President: Ernest Bai Koroma
Population: 7,075,641 (2015)
Land Size: 71,740 sq km (27,669 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Thu - Sep 21, 2017: Police Complaints Board Presents Annual Report to President Koroma - AllAfrica News: Sierra Leone
[Sierra Leone Government] The Independent Police Complaints Board (IPCB) on Wednesday 20 September presented its Inaugural Report for 2016 to President Dr Ernest Bai Koroma at State House in Freetown.
- Thu - Sep 21, 2017: Mobile Money Sent to Hundreds of Families Hit By Sierra Leone Mudslide - AllAfrica News: Sierra Leone
[Thomson Reuters Foundation] Dakar -Aid agencies hope that these cash transfers mean families will not be forced to take their children out of school or sell their assets in order to ensure they have enough food to eat
- Wed - Sep 20, 2017: Chinese Ark Peace Arrives to Offer Free Medical - AllAfrica News: Sierra Leone
[Concord] The Chinese Naval medical Ship, Ark Peace, yesterday arrived the shores of Sierra Leone hoping to deliver free medical service to 200 people within five days, from Thursday, September 21 to Monday, September 25.
- Wed - Sep 20, 2017: Ahead of Sierra Leone Clashgambia to Host Guinea Bissau in Friendly Tie - AllAfrica News: Sierra Leone
[Concord] The Gambia Football Federation has confirmed that their female U-17 side will engage their Guinea Bissau opponent on Saturday September 16 at the Independence Stadium in Bakau for a warm-up match.
- Wed - Sep 20, 2017: Verdict 2018 - AllAfrica News: Sierra Leone
[Concord] One night in mid-September, President Ernest Bai Koroma, now in the twilight of his presidency, invited his key lieutenants to State Lodge. Among them were some who had declared their intention to succeed him. Others, nursing the ambition to run but who will not openly say so, were also there. Social media quickly went overdrive. They called Koroma' s gathering of the APC contenders for President the 'Last Supper,' much like how Jesus met with his twelve disciples before he was betrayed.