COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Presidential Constitutional Republic
Current President: Ernest Bai Koroma
Population: 6,163,195 (2017)
Land Size: 71,740 sq km (27,669 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Wed - Jun 20, 2018: Man, 21, Remanded for Wounding With Intent - AllAfrica News: Sierra Leone
[Concord] Magistrate Santigie Bangura, presiding at the Siaka Steven Street Magistrates' Court No 1, yesterday (18th June) remanded 21-year-old Mohamed Issa Turay for wounding with intent.
- Wed - Jun 20, 2018: Husband Testifies Against Brother in-Law in Murder Trial - AllAfrica News: Sierra Leone
[Concord] Prosecution Witness No.6, Abdul Kabia, yesterday testified against his brother in-law, Ibrahim Sorie Kamara, before Judge Alfred Tommy Ganda at the Ross Road High Court No.1.
- Wed - Jun 20, 2018: Audit Report 2016 - No Contract Agreement for Erection of Mobile Mast On Top of Youyi Building - AllAfrica News: Sierra Leone
[Concord] The 2018 Audit General report has disclosed that there was no contract agreement for the erection of mobile companies' masts on the roof top of Youyi building.
- Wed - Jun 20, 2018: Minister of Foreign Affairs Signs Over U.S.$44 Million Grant With U.S. Govt. - AllAfrica News: Sierra Leone
[Concord] In a bid to broaden and bolster economic and technical cooperation between the United States of America and the Republic of Sierra Leone, the Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, Dr. Alie Kabba, has signed two assistance and development objective grant agreements to the tune of 44.420M USD between the United States of America acting through the US Agency for International Development (USAID) and the Republic of Sierra Leone at a signing ceremony held at the Directors conference room i
- Wed - Jun 20, 2018: PFMICP Donates ICT Equipment to Information Ministry - AllAfrica News: Sierra Leone
[Concord] A representative of the Public Financial Management Improvement and Consideration Project (PFMICP), a World Bank project under the Ministry of Finance and Economic Development (MoFED), has donated ICT items to the Ministry of Information and Communication.