COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Presidential Constitutional Republic
Current President: Ernest Bai Koroma
Population: 7,075,641 (2015)
Land Size: 71,740 sq km (27,669 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Tue - Jun 20, 2017: One Year After Ebola's End, Sierra Leone's Midwives Help Mend Health System - AllAfrica News: Sierra Leone
[UNFPA] Freetown -The horrific Ebola outbreak in West Africa came to an end one year ago. The crisis left over 3,900 Sierra Leoneans dead and health systems in disarray - yet the true toll of the epidemic has been even higher.
- Thu - Jun 15, 2017: Saraki's Acquittal - Serap Seeks UN-Backed Commission Against Impunity in Nigeria - AllAfrica News: Sierra Leone
[Premium Times] A nongovernmental organisation, Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project, SERAP, has stated that, "the acquittal yesterday of the Senate President Bukola Saraki at the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) of corruption charges suggests serious shortcomings in the criminal justice system, and means that a complementary and supportive mechanism in the form of a UN-backed commission against corruption and impunity in Nigeria is urgently needed to achieve President Muhammadu Buhari's oft-stated anti-corrupti
- Tue - Jun 13, 2017: Red Faced Harambee Stars Touch Down From Freetown - AllAfrica News: Sierra Leone
[Capital FM] Nairobi -National football team Harambee Stars jetted back to the country from Freetown, Sierra Leone early Tuesday morning, with the scars from the dampening 2-1 loss in their opening 2019 African Cup of Nations (AFCON) qualifier against the hosts still visible on their faces.
- Mon - Jun 12, 2017: Temne Community Pays Courtesy Call On President Koroma - AllAfrica News: Sierra Leone
[Sierra Leone Government] The Temne community in the Western Area dubbed the Temne Community Development Council (TCDC) on Friday 9 June paid a courtesy call on President Dr Ernest Bai Koroma at State House in Freetown.
- Mon - Jun 12, 2017: Gender Minister Presents New Executive to President Koroma - AllAfrica News: Sierra Leone
[Sierra Leone Government] Minister of Social Welfare, Gender and Children's Affairs last Friday, 9 June 2017, officially presented the new executive of the Women's Forum to President Dr Ernest Bai Koroma at State House in Freetown.