COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Presidential Republic
Current President: Danny Faure
Population: 94,633 (2018)
Land Size: 455 sq km (176 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Sat - Oct 19, 2019: Increased Business Expected Between Indian Ocean Nations Reunion and Seychelles After New MoU - AllAfrica News: Seychelles
[Seychelles News Agency] Entrepreneurs from Reunion - a French department in the Indian Ocean - are expected to have better access to the Seychelles' market after business leaders from the two island nations signed a new Memorandum of Understanding (MoU).
- Fri - Oct 18, 2019: Climate Change-Induced Flooding Forces Seawall in Seychelles to Be Rebuilt - AllAfrica News: Seychelles
[Seychelles News Agency] A seawall is being rebuilt in the western district of Anse Boileau to tackle flooding during high tides and heavy rain in the area, an increasing occurrence being blamed on climate change.
- Thu - Oct 17, 2019: President of Seychelles Travels to UK to Chair Preparatory Indian Ocean Summit Meeting, Then Goes to Africa Reunion in Russia - AllAfrica News: Seychelles
[Seychelles News Agency] The President of Seychelles, Danny Faure, leaves the country on Thursday on a working visit to the United Kingdom, State House said.
- Wed - Oct 16, 2019: First Seychellois Athlete Qualifies for 2020 Olympic Games in Tokyo in Sailing - AllAfrica News: Seychelles
[Seychelles News Agency] Sailor Rodney Govinden is the first Seychellois athlete to qualify for the Olympic Games 2020 in Tokyo, Japan scheduled for July 24 to August 9.
- Tue - Oct 15, 2019: National Census to Assess Endangered Species in Seychelles - AllAfrica News: Seychelles
[Seychelles News Agency] A national census is expected to start over the course of this month to assess the endangered species of Seychelles. The annual exercise is being undertaken by the Ministry for Environment, Energy and Climate Change with the assistance of local consultants.