COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Presidential Republic
Current President: Danny Faure
Population: 191,650 (2014)
Land Size: 455 sq km (176 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Mon - Apr 24, 2017: President of Seychelles Travels to Cuba to Witness Opening of New Embassy - AllAfrica News: Seychelles
[Seychelles News Agency] The Seychelles' President Danny Faure is travelling Monday to Cuba on a state visit at the invitation of Cuban President Raúl Castro, a communiqué from State House said.
- Fri - Apr 21, 2017: Appointments to the Seychelles Investment Board - AllAfrica News: Seychelles
[Government of Seychelles] President Danny Faure has announced the composition of the new Seychelles Investment Board, the SIB.
- Fri - Apr 21, 2017: Russian Tourist Appears to Have Drowned Near Seychelles' Curieuse Island, Police Say - AllAfrica News: Seychelles
[Seychelles News Agency] The Seychelles Police say it appears that a 58-year-old Russian tourist drowned. The man's body was found floating near Curieuse island on Thursday afternoon.
- Fri - Apr 21, 2017: Jet Skis Beware - Seychelles' Authorities Reviewing Rules for Reckless Use - AllAfrica News: Seychelles
[Seychelles News Agency] Tougher measures are being considered by the Seychelles Maritime Safety Administration to address irresponsible use of recreational watercrafts, including jet skis.
- Thu - Apr 20, 2017: Drug Agency Chief - Target 'Big Fish' With Surveillance, Intelligence Work - AllAfrica News: Seychelles
[Seychelles News Agency] The National Drugs Enforcement Agency, NDEA, was set up in 2008 to counter the threat of illegal drugs coming into Seychelles. A number of criticisms have been thrown at the agency by the public throughout the years, ranging from allegations of corruption to malpractice.