COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Presidential Republic
Current President: Danny Faure
Population: 191,650 (2014)
Land Size: 455 sq km (176 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Thu - Nov 23, 2017: 5 Cool Things to See in Seychelles - AllAfrica News: Seychelles
[Seychelles News Agency] Seychelles remains one of the most enchanting places to visit in the world. The archipelago in the western Indian Ocean is seen as a tropical paradise for visitors. Aside from the azure-coloured sea and powder white beaches, there other cool things to see in the island nation.
- Thu - Nov 23, 2017: Pedestrian-Friendly Waterfront Project for Seychellois to Begin Next Year - AllAfrica News: Seychelles
[Seychelles News Agency] Making Victoria a vibrant Creole capital and an Indian Ocean hub is the goal of a project which will start next year with the first phase, a top planning official said.
- Wed - Nov 22, 2017: President Visits Mont Fleuri Secondary School - AllAfrica News: Seychelles
[Government of Seychelles] President Danny Faure visited Mont Fleuri Secondary School this morning where he addressed teachers, management staff, and students during a special assembly.
- Wed - Nov 22, 2017: Appointment of Acting Superintendent of Prisons - AllAfrica News: Seychelles
[Government of Seychelles] The Office of the President has announced the appointment, with immediate effect, of Mr Raymond St Ange as the Acting Superintendent of the Prisons following the resignation of Mr Vic Tirant who had held the post since November 2016.
- Wed - Nov 22, 2017: Girl Child Addresses Parliament on World Children's Day - AllAfrica News: Seychelles
[New Era] Windhoek -For the first time in the history of the National Assembly of Seychelles, a 13-year-old Seychellois child addressed lawmakers on World Children's Day on a historic Monday in the tropical paradise.