COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Presidential Republic
Current President: Danny Faure
Population: 191,650 (2014)
Land Size: 455 sq km (176 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Thu - Sep 21, 2017: 6 Endangered Birds That You Can Still See in Seychelles - AllAfrica News: Seychelles
[Seychelles News Agency] Seychelles is a small island nation whose economy is largely dependent on protecting its natural environment for tourism. The island nation's government and various organisations are working hard to ensure the protection of the species endemic to the Seychelles.
- Thu - Sep 21, 2017: President to Work With Mauritius on Drug User Rehabilitation - AllAfrica News: Seychelles
[Seychelles News Agency] Seychelles and Mauritius will exchange experiences in the rehabilitation of drug users and cooperate in the social and education sectors, according to discussions between the leaders of the two countries on Wednesday.
- Wed - Sep 20, 2017: British Airways to Resume Flights to Seychelles in Major Boost for Tourism - AllAfrica News: Seychelles
[Seychelles News Agency] British Airways will resume direct flights to Seychelles in March after a decade-long absence, giving the island nation a major new boost to its tourism market, officials said on Tuesday.
- Wed - Sep 20, 2017: Seychelles Strengthens Ties With African SIDS At UN Conference - AllAfrica News: Seychelles
[Government of Seychelles] Seychelles strengthened relations with African small island developing states in the Indian and Atlantic oceans yesterday when President Danny Faure met with the President of Comoros and the Prime Minister of Cabo Verde at the United Nations General Debate in New York.
- Tue - Sep 19, 2017: President Faure Joins Over 100 World Leaders At UN Meetings - AllAfrica News: Seychelles
[Government of Seychelles] President Danny Faure joined more than 100 other heads of state and government in meetings at the United Nations in New York today in advance of the start on Tuesday of the UN General Assembly's (UNGA's) annual General Debate by world leaders.