COAT OF ARMS
Government: Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Macky Sall
Population: 15,589,485 (2016)
Land Size: 196,722 sq km (75,955 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Thu - Jul 27, 2017: Japan Boosts Senegal Armed Forces With Mobile Hospital - AllAfrica News: Senegal
[The Point] Japanese Ambassador to Senegal, H.E. HEM OMORI Shigeru, recently handed over a Mobile Hospital with two ambulances to the Senegalese Armed Forces.
- Wed - Jul 26, 2017: Handball - Rwanda U20 Team Eye Semis at Continental Show in Dakar - AllAfrica News: Senegal
[New Times] Rwanda men's U20 national team have set an ambitious target of at least reaching the semi-finals of the upcoming IHF Continental Phase - Africa slated for August 1-5 in Dakar, Senegal. The team is currently in residential camp.
- Tue - Jul 25, 2017: Zineb Jammeh Not in Dakar - AllAfrica News: Senegal
[The Point] Contrary to reports in social platform and some newspapers in Banjul and Dakar that former First Lady Zineb Jammeh is in Dakar on a business trip, a police source in Dakar has debunked the story as false.
- Mon - Jul 24, 2017: Saving Senegal's Sons From Vanishing in European Seas - AllAfrica News: Senegal
[Al Jazeera] Thiaroye-sur-mer, Senegal - The morning shift begins under a bright, clear sky. At the fishing wharf of Thiaroye-sur-mer, a coastal town of 45,000 people, a handful of pirogues return from a long night at sea. Others slowly drift away from the shore.
- Mon - Jul 24, 2017: Gambia-Senegal Energy Cooperation to Improve Power Supply - AllAfrica News: Senegal
[Govt of the Gambia] The Gambian government has taken a significant step towards improving electricity supply in the country. The Gambian and Senegalese national electricity corporations last week signed a memorandum of understanding that will strengthen energy cooperation between the two countries. Both nations already enjoy an especially close relationship since the coming to office of President Barrow in January this year.