|Capital: DakarGovernment: Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Macky Sall
- Relies heavily on donor assistance.
- Key exports include phosphate mining, fertilizer production, and commercial fishing.
- Foreign investment in Senegal is negated by Senegal’s unfriendly business environment.
Population: 15,020,945 (2018)
Land Size: 196,722 sq km (75,955 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Wolof: 43.3%
- Pular: 23.8%
- Serer: 14.7%
- Jola: 3.7%
- Mandinka: 3%
- Soninke: 1.1%
- European and Lebanese: 1%
- Other: 9.4%
- Islam: 94%
- Christian( primarily Roman Catholic): 5%
- Indigenous African Religions 1%