COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: DakarGovernment: Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Macky Sall
Population: 15,736,368 (2020)
Land Size: 196,722 sq km (75,955 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Tue - Jul 7, 2020: U.S. Secretary Calls Senegalese President - AllAfrica News: Senegal
[State Department] The below is attributable to Spokesperson Morgan Ortagus:
- Mon - Jul 6, 2020: Gambia Gets 6 New Cases of COVID-19, Senegal to Treat COVID-19 Patients At Home - AllAfrica News: Senegal
[The Point] The Gambia has confirmed six new cases of covid-19 on Thursday, making the country's total number of infections to 55.
- Fri - Jul 3, 2020: Ten Senegalese Artists Paint the World of Tomorrow On the Walls of Dakar - AllAfrica News: Senegal
[Africa Renewal] As Senegal continues the fight against the COVID-19, the International Organization for Migration (IOM) and the European Union Delegation in Senegal joined forces with ten Senegalese urban artists to paint the post-pandemic world on the walls of Dakar, the capital of Senegal, to raise awareness among the population, including young people, of the COVID-19 and solidarity that must be demonstrated amid the crisis.
- Fri - Jul 3, 2020: Works Minister - Gambia Generates At Most D15 Million From Senegambia Bridge On a Monthly Basis - AllAfrica News: Senegal
[Foroyaa] The Minister of Works, Construction and Infrastructure, Mr. Lamin Jobe, told the legislature that the Gambia generates at most D15 million from the Senegambia bridge on a monthly basis.
- Thu - Jul 2, 2020: Senegal to Import 800,000 Rams Ahead of 'Tobaski' - AllAfrica News: Senegal
[The Point] Senegal is set to import 800, 000 rams from neighbouring countries for the Ei-dul Adha, an annual Muslim feast locally called 'Tobaski', which is just a month ahead, the Senegalese media reported yesterday, quoting a press release from the government.