COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: DakarGovernment: Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Macky Sall
Population: 15,589,485 (2016)
Land Size: 196,722 sq km (75,955 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Mon - Jan 15, 2018: What Senegal Needs to Do to Close Its Energy Gap By 2030 - AllAfrica News: Senegal
[The Conversation Africa] Affordable and clean energy is the foundation for many of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. Modern energy, like electricity and liquified petroleum gas, is a vital need for industries and households. But more than 40% of residents of the world's least developed countries don't have access to electricity. In developed countries that figure is only 10%.
- Sat - Jan 13, 2018: Donald Trump Should Apologize for Remarks - African States - AllAfrica News: Senegal
[Deutsche Welle] African UN ambassadors and the African Union have called for "a retraction and an apology" from Donald Trump after the US president reportedly described them as "s***hole" countries. Trump has denied using the phrase.
- Fri - Jan 12, 2018: How Much Will Gambia Pay to Senegal for Electricity Supply? - AllAfrica News: Senegal
[Foroyaa] It has been revealed by the Minister of Petroleum and Energy and the NAWEC Management, that the North Bank Region of The Gambia receives supply from Senegal. They did not say at what cost.
- Thu - Jan 11, 2018: Sangue Bi 'Aduna' Album Hits Senegal - AllAfrica News: Senegal
[The Point] The artist Sangue Bi last week presented his second album entitled "Aduna" and took the opportunity to unveil his ambition to revive reggae in Senegal; reconnect with its popularity of the year.
- Wed - Jan 10, 2018: Govt Vows to Hunt Down Casamance Gunmen - AllAfrica News: Senegal
[Deutsche Welle] Senegal's government has launched an inquiry into the killing of 13 loggers in the southern region of Casamance. It's the first upsurge in violence in the isolated region in years.