COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: DakarGovernment: Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Macky Sall
Population: 15,589,485 (2016)
Land Size: 196,722 sq km (75,955 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Thu - Nov 23, 2017: President Macky Sall Seeks Greater Action Against Perpetrators of Slavery in Libya - AllAfrica News: Senegal
[Vanguard] The President of Senegal, Macky Sall, on Tuesday, called on the international community to act fast against perpetrators of slavery and other acts of human right abuses in Lybia.
- Tue - Nov 21, 2017: U.S. Arrests Former Officials in Africa Bribery Schemes - AllAfrica News: Senegal
[VOA] The bribery scheme was hatched in the halls of the United Nations in New York and spanned several continents.
- Mon - Nov 20, 2017: Cote d'Ivoire, Morocco, Namibia, Nigeria, Senegal Improve Governance - But... - AllAfrica News: Senegal
[Mo Ibrahim Foundation] Dakar -The 2017 Ibrahim Index of African Governance (IIAG), launched today by the Mo Ibrahim Foundation, reveals that the continent's Overall Governance trajectory remains positive on average, but in recent years has moved at a slower pace. As many countries struggle to build on recent progress or to reverse negative trends, and as concerns emerge in some key sectors, the Foundation is calling for vigilance on the continent's future.
- Fri - Nov 17, 2017: Building Community Support for Drug Users Using Mobile Cinemas - AllAfrica News: Senegal
[OSIWA] Waves of dialogue in West Africa on drug policy reform with the ultimate goal of decriminalizing drug use and possession for personal use have been making headway. Progress is slowly but surely on its way, and different actors are employing various tools and strategies to reach this goal. Senegal is home to le Centre de Prise en charge Intégrée des Addictions de Dakar (CEPIAD), the only government-run harm reduction facility in West Africa. CEPIAD does remarkable work by providing psycho
- Wed - Nov 15, 2017: Sucker Punch Drops Bafana - AllAfrica News: Senegal
[SAFA] South Africa missed a second half penalty but despite having equalised, were punished by a late, late goal. The match was preceded by a 10-minute power outage but once the Ethiopian match official got things going, it was business as usual.