COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: DakarGovernment: Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Macky Sall
Population: 14,668,522 (2017)
Land Size: 196,722 sq km (75,955 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Fri - Feb 15, 2019: Three African Countries Providing Solutions in Fight Against Female Genital Mutilation - AllAfrica News: Senegal
[This is Africa] While Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) has been declared illegal in some African countries, it still persists. Patrick Egwu in Nigeria, Annie Njanja in Kenya and Mamadou Lamine Ba in Senegal explored what was being done in their countries to stop this age-old discriminatory practice.
- Thu - Feb 14, 2019: Pioneer Presidential Debate Slated - AllAfrica News: Senegal
[Cameroon Tribune] The event on February 21, 2019, is organised by three independent media organisations
- Thu - Feb 14, 2019: Deadly Violence Mars Senegal Poll Preparations - AllAfrica News: Senegal
[CAJ News] Dakar -AT LEAST two people have been killed and several others injured as violence grips Senegal ahead of general elections. The bloodbath follows skirmishes in the eastern town of Tambacounda during preparations for the polls set for February 24.
- Wed - Feb 13, 2019: Suspicions Cloud Senegal's Upcoming Election - AllAfrica News: Senegal
[ISS] Senegal will choose its president on 24 February in an atmosphere clouded by suspicions that the incumbent, Macky Sall, has engineered recent electoral reforms to secure a second term in office.
- Wed - Feb 13, 2019: Sirius Telecom Kicks Off the MVNO Process By Promising a June Launch, Two Other MVNOs Will Follow - AllAfrica News: Senegal
[Balancing Act] London -In a market dominated by Orange, Senegal's regulator has chosen to try and add more competition by adding three 4G ISPs (see issue 920: ) and now three new MVNO operators. Russell Southwood looks at who's entering the race and whether MVNOs are the answer to the question.