COAT OF ARMS
Government: Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Macky Sall
Population: 15,589,485 (2016)
Land Size: 196,722 sq km (75,955 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Fri - Apr 28, 2017: Senegal Court Upholds Life Sentence for Hissene Habre - AllAfrica News: Senegal
[Deutsche Welle] Chad's former dictator had been charged for war crimes and crimes against humanity. Habre's victims expressed satisfaction at the final outcome, but the defense argued the landmark trial was "unfair.'"
- Thu - Apr 27, 2017: Hissène Habré Appeal Ruling Closes Dark Chapter For Victims - AllAfrica News: Senegal
[AI London] Following today's Extraordinary African Chambers appeal judgment in Senegal upholding the conviction of the former Chadian President Hissène Habré for war crimes, crimes against humanity and torture, and the sentence of life imprisonment, but acquitting him of rape, Amnesty International's Erica Bussey said:
- Thu - Apr 27, 2017: Senegalese Ambassador Extols Gambia - Senegal Relations - AllAfrica News: Senegal
[Daily Observer] The Senegalese ambassador to The Gambia, His Excellency Professor Saliou Ndiaye, has said that The Gambia and Senegal shared deep historical, cultural and ancestral ties.
- Thu - Apr 27, 2017: Gambia, Senegal to Hold Joint Business Forum - AllAfrica News: Senegal
[The Point] Senegalo-Gambian Permanent Secretariat (PSSG) is to hold the first Private and Public Sector Forum between The Gambia and Senegal from 24 to 25 May 2017 in Dakar, Senegal.
- Wed - Apr 26, 2017: Family of Alhagi Malick Sey Tivaoune, Republic of Senegal - AllAfrica News: Senegal
[The Point] The eldest son of Alagie Malick Sey is Seedy Ahmed Sey. He died before his time to be calipha. I 1916 on the 12th October, Seedy Ahmed Sey was taken to the world War by the French Colonizers, who come to Africa in search of soldiers.