COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: DakarGovernment: Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Macky Sall
Population: 15,020,945 (2018)
Land Size: 196,722 sq km (75,955 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Tue - Aug 20, 2019: The 600 Film Premiered in Senegal as Rwandans Celebrate Liberation - AllAfrica News: Senegal
[New Times] Rwandans in Senegal were on Friday joined by diplomats and friends of Rwanda at the African Renaissance Museum to mark the 25th anniversary of the country's liberation.
- Mon - Aug 19, 2019: D'Tigress Beat Senegal to Remain African Champions - AllAfrica News: Senegal
[Premium Times] The Nigeria women national basketball team, D'Tigress, have successfully defended the FIBA Women's AfroBasket title they won two years ago.
- Fri - Aug 16, 2019: What You Need to Win Afcon Soccer Tourney - AllAfrica News: Senegal
[The Conversation Africa] The African Cup of Nations (AFCON) tournament is the most important sporting event on the continent. It attracts media attention, sponsors and draws significant global viewership. Organised every two years, it is also considered one of the most difficult to win based on a large qualification pool.
- Wed - Aug 14, 2019: Orange Digital Ventures' Marieme Diop On Investing in Start-Ups With Potential to Scale and Creating Dakar Network Angels - AllAfrica News: Senegal
[Innovation in Africa] Marieme Diop is in a really interesting position. As one of the people behind Orange Digital Ventures she has a really good view of the big three African investment countries. But coming from Senegal, she's been a moving force behind setting up Dakar Network Angels to address growth issues in Francophone Africa.
- Tue - Aug 13, 2019: Lionesses Cry Out for Help in Dakar Jungle - AllAfrica News: Senegal
[Capital FM] Nairobi -The national women's basketball team currently in Dakar, Senegal for the FIBA Afrobasket has now asked the Kenya Basketball Federation (KBF) and the government to release funds that were meant to cater for their allowances.