COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Paul Kagame
Population: 11,262,564 (2015)
Land Size: 26,338 sq km (10,169 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Fri - Apr 28, 2017: Ethiopia to Open First Embassy in Rwanda - AllAfrica News: Rwanda
[Rwanda Govt] Ethiopian Prime Minister Hailemariam Desalegn who is on a three-day state visit to Rwanda will open his country's first embassy in Rwanda.
- Fri - Apr 28, 2017: RURA - Regulating for Safety, Fairness and Efficiency - AllAfrica News: Rwanda
[New Times] In line with its policy of economic development and good governance, the Government of Rwanda established the Rwanda Utilities Regulatory Authority (RURA) to contribute to the achievement of its socioeconomic goals.
- Fri - Apr 28, 2017: Mastercard U.S.$1 Million Grant Set to Ignite Business Growth in Rwanda - AllAfrica News: Rwanda
[CIO] In support of Rwanda's Sustainable Development Goals, the Mastercard Center for Inclusive Growthhas confirmed its commitment to a grant of up to USD$1 million over three years to support the growth of small business owners in Rwanda.
- Fri - Apr 28, 2017: Activism and Rwanda's Development Model - Diane Rwigara Takes a Stand - AllAfrica News: Rwanda
[Daily Maverick] The role of the activist within Rwanda is extremely fraught as it involves balancing the desire and need to express oneself in order to build a better future for the country, while entering increasingly dangerous territory for even attempting to do so. Diane Rwigara's bravery is a call to other activists within Rwandan to begin to assert themselves peacefully on their government, reminding it that they want to be heard, reminding it that they too are part of its developmental project. By BRANDON FINN.
- Fri - Apr 28, 2017: Rwandan Refugees Resist Repatriation - AllAfrica News: Rwanda
[Financial Gazette] More than 500 Rwandan refugees residing at Tongogara Refugee Camp are resisting repatriation despite assurances from the office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) that it was now safe for them to return home, the Financial Gazette can report.