COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Paul Kagame
Population: 12,187,400 (2018)
Land Size: 26,338 sq km (10,169 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Wed - Dec 11, 2019: EAC Speakers Question S. Sudan, Rwanda Absence From Meeting - AllAfrica News: Rwanda
[Monitor] The Speakers of parliaments from the East African Community (EAC) member states yesterday questioned the absence of Rwanda and South Sudan from the annual forum held at Kampala Serena Hotel to discuss regional integration.
- Wed - Dec 11, 2019: Delusions of Grandeur? - AllAfrica News: Rwanda
[Africa In Fact] Rwanda has acquired a reputation of a rags-to-riches nation. Internationally, President Paul Kagame's claim to have turned Rwanda into an economic lion "firmly on the path to economic maturity" has been reflected in glowing plaudits. Rwanda "has become a development success story and unity and reconciliation have been consolidated, strengthening good governance", according to the African Development Bank (ADB). The World Economic Forum (WEF) ranks Rwanda as Africa's third most competitive economy after Mau
- Wed - Dec 11, 2019: 1800 Graduate at University of Kigali - AllAfrica News: Rwanda
[New Times] More than 1800 students graduated at University of Kigali on December 6 after successfully completing their courses in Bachelors, Masters and Post Graduate Diploma in Education programmes.
- Wed - Dec 11, 2019: Rwanda, Tanzania Lead in Women's Land and Property Rights - AllAfrica News: Rwanda
[East African] Rwanda and Tanzania are among six countries in Africa seen to be working towards securing land rights to at least 30 per cent of their women by 2025.
- Wed - Dec 11, 2019: NRS Calls for Reintegration of Rehabilitated Youth - AllAfrica News: Rwanda
[New Times] The Director-General of National Rehabilitation Service (NRS), Aimee Bosenibamwe, Tuesday called for the reintegration opportunities for graduates of rehabilitation centres just like those from Iwawa.