COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Paul Kagame
Population: 11,901,484 (2017)
Land Size: 26,338 sq km (10,169 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Sat - Dec 15, 2018: Rwanda Has Achieved Universal Healthcare - AllAfrica News: Rwanda
[East African] With more than 90 per cent of Rwandans covered under the community-based health insurance scheme locally known as Mutuelle de Santé, Rwanda is one of the few developing countries in the world that have successfully achieved universal healthcare.
- Fri - Dec 14, 2018: YouthConnekt - Youth Tipped on Savings Culture - AllAfrica News: Rwanda
[New Times] More than 2,500 youths attending the sixth edition of the YouthConnekt Convention from across Rwanda and the diaspora have been urged to secure their financial future early by saving and investing through the Rwanda's capital market.
- Fri - Dec 14, 2018: Community Policing Drive Concludes With Call to Share Information on Wrongdoers - AllAfrica News: Rwanda
[New Times] The Rwanda National Police (RNP)'s week-long campaign to strengthen community policing concluded on Thursday with a call to reinforce community initiatives against lawlessness.
- Fri - Dec 14, 2018: Kagame Opens Umushyikirano 2018 - AllAfrica News: Rwanda
[New Times] President Paul Kagame on Thursday presided over the opening of the 16th National Umushyikirano that will specifically focus on the transformation of citizens' welfare.
- Fri - Dec 14, 2018: Report Urges Greater Action On Corruption - AllAfrica News: Rwanda
[New Times] The Rwanda Bribery Index 2018 launched Wednesday by Transparency International Rwanda (TI-RW) indicates that cases of corruption in the private sector, traffic police, the Rwanda Energy Group (REG) and the judiciary remain rampant.