COAT OF ARMS
Government: Federal Presidential Republic
Current President: Muhammadu Buhari
Population: 203,452,505 (2018)
Land Size: 923,768 sq km (356,669 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Sat - Oct 19, 2019: Victims Recall Horrifying Experiences in Katsina Rehab Centres - AllAfrica News: Nigeria
[Daily Trust] Katsina -For years, the illegal reform centres run by 'Malam Bello Mai Kawari' and 'Malam Niga' have served as traditional reformatory and rehabilitation centres in Katsina State for children and adults perceived to be stubborn or recalcitrant.
- Sat - Oct 19, 2019: Lagos Govt to Partner With Igbo Traders On Infrastructure Development in Marketplaces - AllAfrica News: Nigeria
[Premium Times] The Lagos State Government says it is partnering with Igbo market leaders in Lagos West Senatorial District to ensure infrastructure development in marketplaces in the area.
- Sat - Oct 19, 2019: Special Report - Eight Years After, New Federal University in Taraba Faces Infrastructural Shortage - AllAfrica News: Nigeria
[Premium Times] When the federal government in 2011 decided to establish nine new universities, it was with the intention of enhancing access to quality tertiary education and a deliberate effort at equitable educational development of different regions in Nigeria.
- Sat - Oct 19, 2019: We Were Kidnapped, Renamed and Sold - Kano Rescued Children - AllAfrica News: Nigeria
[Daily Trust] Kano -"I was playing with my friends in front of my family house one evening when one man (who I later came to know as Mr. Paul) grabbed my hand and I started shouting. But he covered my mouth with his other hand and took me to an isolated place. A woman (Paul's wife) later came and took me away from that place. When I got to their house, I saw Paul. And then, Paul took me from Kano to Onitsha.
- Sat - Oct 19, 2019: Mixed Feelings Over Oil Discovery in the North - AllAfrica News: Nigeria
[Daily Trust] Barambu and neighbouring communities in Alkaleri Local Government Area of Bauchi State, near the border with Gombe State, came into limelight again last week following the announcement by the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) of the discovery of hydrocarbon (oil and gas) deposits in the Kolmani River II Well on the Upper Benue Trough, Gongola Basin.