COAT OF ARMS
Government: Federal Presidential Republic
Current President: Muhammadu Buhari
Population: 188,462,640 (2015)
Land Size: 923,768 sq km (356,669 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Fri - Aug 18, 2017: MTN Seeks Greater Opportunities for Girls in ICT - AllAfrica News: Nigeria
[Guardian] Mobile network operator, MTN has expressed support for the International Telecommunications Union (ITU) global campaign to encourage more young women to consider careers in the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) industry.
- Fri - Aug 18, 2017: Baale, Three Others Held for Killing, Hiding Body of Policeman - AllAfrica News: Nigeria
[Guardian] The Baale of Oshoroko Village in Ibeju-Lekki area of Lagos State, Chief Olusegun Oyeri, alongside three others have been arrested by the Lagos State police command for allegedly masterminding the death of an inspector and hiding his body for nine months.
- Fri - Aug 18, 2017: Lagos Rehabilitates Released Prison Teens, Reunites Them With Relatives - AllAfrica News: Nigeria
[Guardian] The Lagos State government has commenced the process of rehabilitating and re-uniting the 80 newly released teenagers from Badagry prison to their families and relatives. The teens were last week Tuesday released by the state Chief Judge, Justice Funmilayo Atilade, during one of her visits to prisons across the state.
- Fri - Aug 18, 2017: Govt, Debts and the Economy - AllAfrica News: Nigeria
[Guardian] Even though this is what it ought to have done a long time ago to assist in either preventing economic recession or reviving the economy, the Federal Government deserves a measured commendation for the approval of payment of N2.7 Trillion owed to some of its creditors. The government had earlier shown little or no interest in settling its huge outstanding indebtedness, some of which became due in 1994. As this government would always want to point out, even when its innocence is in doubt, the Minister was
- Fri - Aug 18, 2017: 'Coaches 'Messed Up' Nigeria's Medal Chances in London' - AllAfrica News: Nigeria
[Guardian] Atlanta '96 Olympics bronze medallist, Falilat Ogunkoya has blamed Nigeria's poor performance at the just concluded IAAF World Athletics Championship in London on coaches.