COAT OF ARMS
Government: Federal Presidential Republic
Current President: Muhammadu Buhari
Population: 190,632,261 (2017)
Land Size: 923,768 sq km (356,669 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Sat - Feb 16, 2019: PDP Kicks, Says Postponement of Polls, Ploy By Buhari to Cling to Power - AllAfrica News: Nigeria
[This Day] Abuja -The National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Prince Uche Secondus, has said that shoddy arrangement for the election by INEC was a deliberate pre- determined agenda of President Muhammadu Buhari to cling to power even when it's obvious to him that Nigerians wanted him out.
- Sat - Feb 16, 2019: UK - Free, Fair Nigerian Elections Will Benefit Africa, the World - AllAfrica News: Nigeria
[This Day] Few hours before the cancellation of Presidential and National Assembly elections scheduled for today, the British Government issued a statement saying it was important for the polls to be free and fair, "as this would benefit Africa and the world."
- Sat - Feb 16, 2019: Drama, as Onnoghen is Forced to Take Plea in the Dock - AllAfrica News: Nigeria
[This Day] Abuja -The suspended Chief Justice of Nigeria, (CJN), Justice Walter Onnoghen, was eventually arraigned at the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) yesterday on six count charge of refusal to declare his assets as required by the provisions of the Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB) Act for public officers in the country.
- Sat - Feb 16, 2019: Read INEC's Full Report on Postponement of Nigeria's Election - AllAfrica News: Nigeria
[Vanguard] The Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, has postponed to February 23rd, the General election earlier scheduled for Saturday, February 16th, 2019.
- Sat - Feb 16, 2019: Why We Postponed Nigeria's Election to February 23 - INEC - AllAfrica News: Nigeria
[Vanguard] The Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, has explained why it postponed the general elections earlier scheduled for Saturday, 16th February, 2019.