COAT OF ARMS
Government: Federal Presidential Republic
Current President: Muhammadu Buhari
Population: 203,452,505 (2018)
Land Size: 923,768 sq km (356,669 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Wed - Dec 11, 2019: Group Petitions Council On Cargo Transfer Violation, Inappropriate Charges - AllAfrica News: Nigeria
[Vanguard] The All Ports Unified Freight Forwarding Practitioners Association, APUFFPA, has petitioned the Nigerian Shippers Council, NSC, over wrong transfer of containers of imported pharmaceuticals and inappropriate charges arising from own negligence and associated delays.
- Wed - Dec 11, 2019: Court Invasion - National Assembly May Be Invaded Someday By Security Agencies - Elumelu - AllAfrica News: Nigeria
[Vanguard] Senate Minority Leader, Hon. Ndudi Elumelu from Delta State. on Monday in a motion canvassed for adherence and respect to the concept of separation of powers as enshrined in the laws of Nigeria.
- Wed - Dec 11, 2019: PoS Innovation Summit to Expose Stakeholders to Boundless Opportunities - AllAfrica News: Nigeria
[Vanguard] To provide stakeholders in the Nigerian payment system with information on how to maximise the boundless opportunities it presents, E-payment Company, Global Accelerex, is set to host its 7th edition of PoS Innovation Summit Wednesday, in Lagos.
- Wed - Dec 11, 2019: Blackout Looms As Workers Shut Discos, Gencos, Begin Nationwide Strike - AllAfrica News: Nigeria
[Vanguard] Workers in the nation's Power sector early this morning locked up Power Distribution Companies, DISCOs, and Power Generation companies, GENCOs, across the country and began a nationwide strike over unresolved Labour issues.
- Wed - Dec 11, 2019: DSS, Buhari and the Gestapo State - AllAfrica News: Nigeria
[Vanguard] That a grievous act, bordering on the criminal, was committed by the Department of State Services, DSS, when it invaded a courtroom of the Federal High Court in Abuja, presided over by Justice Ijeoma Ojukwu, is now beyond contention.