COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Mahamadou Issoufou
Population: 18,638,600 (2016)
Land Size: 1.27 million sq km (489,000 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Mon - May 22, 2017: Loans for Storing Crops Help Farmers Absorb Climate Shocks - AllAfrica News: Niger
[Thomson Reuters Foundation] Magou -Lack of storage forces farmers to sell their harvest at low prices - but changing that can help them get ahead
- Fri - May 5, 2017: Nigerien President's Visit to Buhari Postponed Indefinitely - AllAfrica News: Niger
[Premium Times] The visit of President Mahamadou Issoufou of Niger Republic to President Muhammadu Buhari scheduled for Friday has been postponed indefinitely.
- Fri - May 5, 2017: Nigerien President Reschedules Visit to Buhari - AllAfrica News: Niger
[This Day] The President of Niger Republic, Mahamadou Issoufou, has rescheduled his proposed visit to President Muhammadu Buhari.
- Thu - May 4, 2017: Buhari Misses Cabinet Meeting Amid Health Fears - AllAfrica News: Niger
[Al Jazeera] Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari failed to arrive for a weekly cabinet meeting on Wednesday, his third consecutive absence, amid concerns his health may be worse than officials are publicly saying.
- Wed - Apr 26, 2017: Energy Firm Renews Resolve to Eliminate Malaria - AllAfrica News: Niger
[CAJ News] Lagos -EXXON Mobil, the international oil and gas company, has renewed its support for local and global organisations working to end malaria around the world. The company works with partners across Angola, Cameroon, Chad, Equatorial Guinea, Nigeria, Papua New Guinea and Tanzania to raise awareness and advocate for solutions to fight the disease. Planned activities and public events include voluntary testing and counseling sessions, mosquito net distribution, community clean-up campaigns, school engagements, and p