COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Mahamadou Issoufou
Population: 18,638,600 (2016)
Land Size: 1.27 million sq km (489,000 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Thu - Apr 19, 2018: Hilal Survive Uyo Scare to Go Through With Enyimba - AllAfrica News: Niger
[CAF] Sudanese side, El Hilal progressed to the mini-league stage despite losing 3-1 to Akwa United in their 2nd 1/16th round second leg on Wednesday at the Uyo International Stadium.
- Thu - Apr 12, 2018: 'I Am Not Afraid of Dying, As Long As I Can Die in My Sleep' - a Poignant Confession By Migrant Stranded in Agadez, Niger - AllAfrica News: Niger
[IFRC] It's only 11 o'clock in the morning and Moussa Koulibaly is already sipping his sixth cup of Senegalese attaya-tea mixed with sugar and mint.
- Thu - Apr 12, 2018: IMF Staff Completes Visit to Niger - AllAfrica News: Niger
[IMF] End-of-Mission press releases include statements of IMF staff teams that convey preliminary findings after a visit to a country. The views expressed in this statement are those of the IMF staff and do not necessarily represent the views of the IMF's Executive Board. Based on the preliminary findings of this mission, staff will prepare a report that, subject to management approval, will be presented to the IMF's Executive Board for discussion and decision.
- Thu - Apr 12, 2018: G5 Police Workshop in Niamey - AllAfrica News: Niger
[EASS] A three day workshop arranged by Niger brings together police forces from all the G5 countries between 10 and 12 April.
- Thu - Apr 12, 2018: German Aid Worker Kidnapped - AllAfrica News: Niger
[Deutsche Welle] A German aid worker has been kidnapped in western Niger near the Mali border. Islamists are believed to be responsible for the kidnapping, according to local media.