COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Hage Geingob
Population: 2,630,073 (2020)
Land Size: 824,292 sq km (318,261 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Sat - Sep 19, 2020: Survival of Wildlife Reserves Under Threat in Namibia - AllAfrica News: Namibia
[UN News] After six months of lockdown, the Namibian government ended travel restrictions and curfews on Friday, in light of a drop in new COVID-19 cases. But Namibia's economy, which depends heavily on wildlife tourism, has taken a major hit during the period, and the future of the country's wildlife reserves, otherwise known as conservancies, is far from certain.
- Fri - Sep 18, 2020: Namibia Exits State of Emergency - AllAfrica News: Namibia
[Namibian] Windhoek -- THE government has decided not to extend the state of emergency which was implemented six months ago to curb the impact of the novel coronavirus.
- Fri - Sep 18, 2020: Borders Open, Conditional to Neighbours - AllAfrica News: Namibia
[Namibian] AS the six-month long Covid-19 state of emergency lapses, Namibia's borders are once again open but travel might still be limited as some other countries remain locked down.
- Fri - Sep 18, 2020: Young Artisan Benefits From Development Bank's Skills-Based Facility - AllAfrica News: Namibia
[Namibia Economist] Development Bank of Namibia (DBN) has unveiled Mekemo Trading, a mechanical and automotive services provider, as a recipient of skills-based finance for young artisans.
- Fri - Sep 18, 2020: Shangula Takes Wheel On Pandemic Directives - AllAfrica News: Namibia
[New Era] Following the expiry of the Covid-19 state of emergency, health minister Dr Kalumbi Shangula now has wide-ranging response powers to implement new directives as empowered by the Public Health Act and Public Environmental Health Act of 2015.