COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Hage Geingob
Population: 2,484,780 (2017)
Land Size: 824,292 sq km (318,261 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Tue - Oct 16, 2018: Safe, Clean Drinking Water for Onjuva Clinic in the Kunene Region Courtesy of the US Government - AllAfrica News: Namibia
[Namibia Economist] By Linda Machinga
- Tue - Oct 16, 2018: Recycling Sewage to Tap Water in Windhoek Hits 50-Year Milestone - AllAfrica News: Namibia
[Namibia Economist] The City of Windhoek and Wingoc will be celebrate their 50th anniversary of Direct Reuse in Namibia, from 18 to 19 October, under the theme 'Direct Potable Reclamation With A Clean Bill' at the City of Windhoek Head Office.
- Tue - Oct 16, 2018: Storrie Takes the Helm At Rössing Uranium - AllAfrica News: Namibia
[Namibia Economist] The Managing Director of Rössing Uranium, Werner Duvenhage, leaves Namibia at the end of October welcoming in his place Richard Storrie, the former MD of Rio Tinto in Serbia where he led the Jadar project for five years. Storrie first worked for Rössing in 1997 when he was the engineer responsible for load, haul and grade.
- Tue - Oct 16, 2018: Gina Jeanz, Shekhinah to Headline Red Bull 'African Beats' in Windhoek - AllAfrica News: Namibia
[Namibian] NAMIBIAN multidisciplinary artist Gina Jeanz is set to headline the Red Bull 'African Beats' music festival due to take place at the Windhoek Showgrounds on 27 October.
- Mon - Oct 15, 2018: Young Man Thrives in the Nail-Do Industry - AllAfrica News: Namibia
[New Era] Driven by the passion to fight poverty and create an income for himself, 27-year-old Angolan-born Sergio Manuela da Silva has breached the stereotypical view that the nail-do is a women's job and now successfully runs a door-to-door beauty parlour in the northern towns.