COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Hage Geingob
Population: 2,533,224 (2018)
Land Size: 824,292 sq km (318,261 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Thu - Apr 9, 2020: Special COVID-19 Grants for Informal Sector and Infrastructure - AllAfrica News: Namibia
[New Era] While commending government for the recently announced N$8.1 billion economic stimulus package to offset the effects of dealing with Covid-19, local economists have proposed additional grants. These special grants would address the most vulnerable in society and infrastructure investment.
- Thu - Apr 9, 2020: Legit Photography Scouts for Photographic Models - AllAfrica News: Namibia
[New Era] Owned by award-winning photographer Andrew Ingo, Legit photography is scouting for photographic models around Namibia to take part in a conceptual photoshoot called Legit Project Exposure (LPE). The project, which will kick off in May, aims to give exposure to local models, make-up artists, fashion designers and photographers.
- Thu - Apr 9, 2020: COVID-19 Disrupts Cargo Volume Growth - AllAfrica News: Namibia
[New Era] Border closures and export bans are playing havoc with ports and transport corridors and disrupting cargo volumes due to the Covid-19 outbreak.
- Thu - Apr 9, 2020: Businesses Must Be Innovative and Trade Borders Must Remain Open - Private Sector - AllAfrica News: Namibia
[New Era] Faced with the prospect of an economy further devastated by Covid-19 after suffering from a recession for the last two years, a private sector task team spearheaded by the ministry of industrialisation and the Namibia Chamber of Commerce and Industry (NCCI) has encouraged businesses to be innovative in conducting their activities in order to minimise the spread of the deadly virus. The task team also recommends that trade borders between Namibia and neighbouring countries remain open at all cost to avoid a
- Thu - Apr 9, 2020: Namibian Boxers Contenders for Commonwealth Titles - AllAfrica News: Namibia
[Namibian] SEVERAL Namibian boxers have been named as official contenders for Commonwealth boxing titles after the Commonwealth Boxing Council released their latest rankings earlier this week.