COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Hage Geingob
Population: 2,630,073 (2020)
Land Size: 824,292 sq km (318,261 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Sat - Nov 28, 2020: Proteas Clinch Netball Test Series Against Malawi - AllAfrica News: Namibia
[Namibian] THE Spar Proteas clinched the three-match Spar Challenge Test series against the Malawi Queens, with another decisive victory in the second match at the Sun City, Superbowl on Friday night.
- Fri - Nov 27, 2020: Fuel Prices to Decrease in December - AllAfrica News: Namibia
[Namibia Economist] The Ministry of Mines and Energy announced a decrease in the price of petrol by 30 cents per litre and that of diesel by 20 cents per litre for the month of December, bringing the new fuel prices to N$11.35 per litre for petrol and N$ 11.38 per litre for diesel, effective midnight of 2 December.
- Fri - Nov 27, 2020: Be Financially Savvy This Black Friday - AllAfrica News: Namibia
[New Era] With Black Friday just around the corner, it's important for consumers to exercise caution and self-discipline when managing their money over this period. Lack of financial discipline around Black Friday can easily lead to financial woes, especially in these trying times.
- Fri - Nov 27, 2020: Presidency Welcomes Ombudsman Report On 'White Voters' - AllAfrica News: Namibia
[New Era] Presidential press secretary Alfredo Hengari on Tuesday hailed the Ombudsman report which states that President Hage Geingob's remarks that white Namibians had declared a 'war' on Swapo by registering in huge numbers did not violate white people's constitutional rights.
- Fri - Nov 27, 2020: 'Youth Games Perfect Breeding Ground for Para-Sport' - AllAfrica News: Namibia
[New Era] Secretary general of the Namibia Paralympics Committee (NPC), Michael Hamukwaya, has underscored that the upcoming MTC Namibia Youth Games will have multiple positive effects on the local sports sector, especially for the country's para-athletes.