COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Hage Geingob
Population: 2,630,073 (2020)
Land Size: 824,292 sq km (318,261 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Fri - Dec 3, 2021: Over 150,000 Vaccines to Be Destroyed - AllAfrica News: Namibia
[Namibian] The minister of health and social services, Kalumbi Shangula, said 154 595 doses of Sinopharm, AstraZeneca and Sputnik component 1 will be destroyed because they are unfit for use.
- Fri - Dec 3, 2021: Fatal Street Shooting Was Senseless, Says Judge - AllAfrica News: Namibia
[Namibian] Helao Ndjaba was simply a curious bystander who witnessed a verbal argument in a Windhoek street when he ended up being murdered ruthlessly and senselessly.
- Fri - Dec 3, 2021: Pohamba Eviction, Greed and Indifference - AllAfrica News: Namibia
[Namibian] Former President Hifikepunye Pohamba seemingly did everything by the book to evict, and dump in the middle of nowhere, 78-year-old Amanda Keirises, her frail 88-year-old husband, Alfred, and their family members.
- Fri - Dec 3, 2021: Dunn Appointed As Second Deputy Central Bank Governor - AllAfrica News: Namibia
[Namibian] History is being made. The Bank of Namibia will now have two deputy governors, and president Hage Geingob has appointed the Financial Intelligence Centre head, Leonie Dunn, as the second deputy governor of the Bank of Namibia.
- Fri - Dec 3, 2021: Pensioners Owe Keetmans Municipality Nearly U.S.$470,000 - AllAfrica News: Namibia
[Namibian] Pensioners at Keetmanshoop in the //Kharas region owe the Keetmanshoop municipality about N$6,8 million. Keetmanshoop mayor Maree Smit said pensioners' debt stood at N$6 794 130,23 by the end of October this year.