COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Hage Geingob
Population: 2,484,780 (2017)
Land Size: 824,292 sq km (318,261 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Fri - Aug 17, 2018: Mnangagwa in Namibia for SADC Meeting - Minister Says Election Row Not On Agenda - AllAfrica News: Namibia
[New Zimbabwe] PRESIDENT Emmerson Mnangagwa is in Windhoek, Namibia for a heads of states meeting for the regional SADC grouping.
- Fri - Aug 17, 2018: Communiqué On the Chairperson's Participation in the SADC Summit in Windhoek - AllAfrica News: Namibia
[African Union] The Chairperson of the African Union Commission, Moussa Faki Mahamat, arrived yesterday in Windhoek, Namibia, to take part in the 38th Ordinary Summit of the Southern African Development Community (SADC), scheduled to take place on 17 and 18 August 2018, on the theme: "Promoting Infrastructure Development and Youth Empowerment for Sustainable Development". These two issues are of particular relevance to the African Union agenda, in view of the ongoing efforts in the context of the Programme for Infrastruct
- Fri - Aug 17, 2018: Editorial ... Expropriate Without Compensation - AllAfrica News: Namibia
[Namibian] IF THERE was ever a time to enforce expropriation without compensation, the government has a golden opportunity. We have a new settler.
- Fri - Aug 17, 2018: Pyramid Scam Couple Jailed - AllAfrica News: Namibia
[Namibian] A MARRIED couple convicted of a multitude of fraud and other charges over their involvement in a pyramid investment scheme that was run at Oranjemund more than a decade ago, was sent to prison at the end of their trial in the Windhoek High Court yesterday.
- Fri - Aug 17, 2018: Bail Objections Attacked in Record Cocaine Case - AllAfrica News: Namibia
[Namibian] DEFENCE lawyers involved in the bail hearing of two men accused of having imported a record quantity of cocaine into Namibia two months ago argued in the Walvis Bay Magistrate's Court on Wednesday that the state did not have grounds to oppose the granting of bail.