COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Hage Geingob
Population: 2.3 million (UN 2011)
Land Size: 824,292 sq km (318,261 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Wed - Mar 29, 2017: Firm Fails to Repay Millions - AllAfrica News: Namibia
[Namibian] A COMPANY that pocketed a N$3,6 million fee after it helped fishing firm Namsov net a horse mackerel quota allocated to the Fish Consumption Trust has finally failed in its attempts to wriggle off the hook of an arbitrator's order to repay more than N$11 million to Namsov.
- Wed - Mar 29, 2017: Airport Tender Award Falls - AllAfrica News: Namibia
[Namibian] A PLAN to upgrade and expand Namibia's main airport at a cost of billions of dollars has suffered a body blow in the Supreme Court, with the award of the airport project contract to a Chinese company set aside by three judges of the country's top court yesterday.
- Tue - Mar 28, 2017: Woman Threatened Before Murder-Suicide - AllAfrica News: Namibia
[Namibian] DEATH threats clouded Elizabeth Mwahalandaya Haimbodi's life from the moment she met Festus Nghitiwa until he killed her last Thursday in Katutura, Windhoek.
- Tue - Mar 28, 2017: Suspected Local Rhino Horns Seized in China - AllAfrica News: Namibia
[Namibian] A MAN suspected of having travelled from Namibia was arrested at the Hong Kong International Airport on Friday in connection with 12 rhino horns found in express air parcels.
- Tue - Mar 28, 2017: Govt Effects 9% Salary Increases for Civil Servants - AllAfrica News: Namibia
[Namibian] TEACHERS and all civil servants will get their promised 9% salary increases as of 1 April 2017.