COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Hage Geingob
Population: 2,484,780 (2017)
Land Size: 824,292 sq km (318,261 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Fri - Dec 14, 2018: Economy Remains Depressed for 10th Consecutive Quarter Since 2016 - AllAfrica News: Namibia
[Namibia Economist] The country's Gross Domestic Product (GDP) recorded a contraction of 0.8% in the third quarter of 2018, keeping economy suppressed for the 10th consecutive quarter since 2016, Namibia Statistics Agency Statistician General, Alex Shimuafeni said at a press conference this week.
- Fri - Dec 14, 2018: Kaspersky Predicts Further Decline for Blockchain Currencies in 2019 - AllAfrica News: Namibia
[Namibia Economist] Kaspersky Lab said this week it has recorded a fourfold increase in cryptomining attacks in Africa and the Middle East this year compared to last. The bulk of the attacks is directed at financial institutions. The actual number of attacks increased from 3.5 million to 13 million.
- Fri - Dec 14, 2018: Beware of Identity Theft - AllAfrica News: Namibia
[Namibia Economist] The year 2018 turned out to be a challenging year for most people. Now is the time to look forward to a well-deserved resting period of sleep-ins, late brunches, evening braais and just relaxing with family and friends. On the other hand, fraudsters are also looking forward to the holiday break, though for completely opposite reasons.
- Thu - Dec 13, 2018: SADC Youth Forum Kicks Off in Windhoek - AllAfrica News: Namibia
[Namibia Economist] The SADC Youth Forum being hosted by National Youth Council (NYC) together with the Southern African Development Community (SADC) Secretariat kicked off in Windhoek on Thursday.
- Thu - Dec 13, 2018: Grootfontein Killer Gets 35 Years - AllAfrica News: Namibia
[New Era] Windhoek -Just one day after he was convicted of murder with direct intent for killing the mother of his two children by stabbing her 14 times with a knife, a Grootfontein resident was sentenced to 35 years behind bars by Oshakati High Court Judge, Johanna Salionga last week.