COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Hage Geingob
Population: 2.3 million (UN 2011)
Land Size: 824,292 sq km (318,261 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Tue - Jan 23, 2018: Walvis Bay Salt Refiners Exports First Consignment to U.S. - AllAfrica News: Namibia
[New Era] Windhoek -Growing the number of clients for salt supply beyond the traditional African market, Walvis Bay Salt Refiners (WBSR) will soon export its first vessel of salt to the United States of America. WBSR, which is part of the wider Synchem Group, loaded 50,000 tonnes of salt onto the M/V Condor vessel at Namibia Ports Authority (NAMPORT) from Thursday till yesterday.
- Tue - Jan 23, 2018: Councillor Pleas for Investors At Onayena - AllAfrica News: Namibia
[New Era] Omuthiya -The councillor of Onayena constituency, Iyambo Indongo, is calling for prospective investors to apply for plots for both business and residential purposes while it is still early.
- Tue - Jan 23, 2018: Venaani Wades Into SOE Privatisation Debate - AllAfrica News: Namibia
[New Era] Windhoek -The leader of the official opposition in parliament, McHenry Venaani, has spoken of his intention to table a motion on the privatisation of non-performing state-owned enterprises (SOEs), singling out the national airline Air Namibia, and rail and road transport operator TransNamib.
- Tue - Jan 23, 2018: Accused in Möller Murder Appear in High Court - AllAfrica News: Namibia
[New Era] Windhoek=The five men accused of murdering Walvis Bay businessman, Hans-Jorg Möller during a daring robbery made their second pre-trial appearance in the Windhoek High Court last week. The men are alleged to have broken into the residence and shoot Möller when he came to the defence of his wife and children during the early morning hours of June 17, 2016.
- Tue - Jan 23, 2018: Katima Rural Councillor Survives Accident - AllAfrica News: Namibia
[New Era] Katima Mulilo -The councillor of Katima Rural Constituency, Warden Simushi escaped with minor injuries when his double cab Toyota Hilux, collided with another vehicle late Friday evening close to the Katima Mulilo weighbridge.