COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Hage Geingob
Population: 2,533,224 (2018)
Land Size: 824,292 sq km (318,261 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Sat - Oct 19, 2019: Shihepo, Meroro in Pursuit of Glory ... As They Take On SA Opponents - AllAfrica News: Namibia
[New Era] Windhoek -Two of Namibia's boxing old-campaigners Wilbeforce "Black Mamba" Shihepo and Vikapita "Beast Master" Meroro will this weekend embark on separate missions across the Orange River, where they will face South African opponents.
- Sat - Oct 19, 2019: RAF Revenue At Risk Due to Increased Fuel-Efficient Vehicles - Ipinge - AllAfrica News: Namibia
[New Era] Windhoek -The Road Fund Administration (RFA) says it is cognisant that the future will bring dramatic technological improvements to the transportation sector, requiring closer stakeholder engagement and policy innovation to create the legal framework for intelligent transport systems.
- Sat - Oct 19, 2019: Resignations Spark By-Elections - AllAfrica News: Namibia
[New Era] Windhoek -At least five by-elections will be held within 90 days following the resignations of Swapo-affiliated regional councillors who opted to contest parliamentary seats on the party ticket in the upcoming National Assembly election.
- Fri - Oct 18, 2019: Namibian to Co-Chair UN Expert Group - AllAfrica News: Namibia
[New Era] Windhoek -For the first time since the formation of the United Nations Global Geospatial Information Management (UN-GGIM) Committee of Experts, a Namibian has been appointed to co-chair an expert group on the Integration of Statistical and Geospatial Information (UN EG ISGI) under the UN-GGIM and United Nations Statistics Commission (UNSC).
- Fri - Oct 18, 2019: Parents Want Suiderlig Teacher Fired - AllAfrica News: Namibia
[Namibian] SUIDERLIG High School teacher Valery Bock continues to teach despite a guilty verdict after a disciplinary hearing against her over misconduct charges of inappropriate sexual behaviour with a pupil from P K de Villiers High School.