COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Hage Geingob
Population: 2.3 million (UN 2011)
Land Size: 824,292 sq km (318,261 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Thu - Jun 22, 2017: Govt Tackles Loan Sharks - AllAfrica News: Namibia
[Namibian] Exorbitant fees charged by cash loans and other microlenders could be a thing of the past if a new bill tabled in parliament this week by finance minister Calle Schlettwein becomes law.
- Thu - Jun 22, 2017: Ya Toivo's Children Pay Tribute to Family Giant - AllAfrica News: Namibia
[Namibian] To the children of celebrated hero Andimba Toivo ya Toivo, the late liberation icon was simply "Papa".
- Thu - Jun 22, 2017: Five-Year-Old Defiled At Etunda - AllAfrica News: Namibia
[New Era] Windhoek -A five-year old girl was raped on Thursday at around 17h00 at Etunda Village, the latest Namibian police crime report revealed. The incident allegedly happened at the victim's house. The suspect is known and was still at large at the time of writing this report.
- Thu - Jun 22, 2017: Prosecutor General to Assess Tax Scam Evidence - AllAfrica News: Namibia
[Namibian] Evidence gathered during the investigation of an alleged tax refund scam that may have cost the Ministry of Finance more than N$100 million will now be sent to the prosecutor general for a decision to be taken about the prosecution of the 19 people so far charged in the matter.
- Thu - Jun 22, 2017: Former Town Council Boss Nawa in Court Over 'Crooked' Land Deal - AllAfrica News: Namibia
[New Era] Katima Mulilo -Charles Nawa, the former chief executive officer of Katima Mulilo Town Council, was brought before the Katima Mulilo Magistrate's Court yesterday on charges of corruption and fraud, alternatively theft with false pretence over a dubious land deal.