COAT OF ARMS
Current President: Filipe Nyusi
Population: 27,233,789 (2018)
Land Size: 812,379 sq km (313,661 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Wed - Dec 11, 2019: Cyclone Victims Face Bleak Prospects in Resettlement Sites - AllAfrica News: Mozambique
[The New Humanitarian] Mutua Resettlement Site, Mozambique -When his house was flattened and farm flooded by Cyclone Idai, the government of Mozambique offered José Antonio space in a resettlement village. He hoped to receive a new house and a job in the neighbourhood. Instead, he found a tent in a forest.
- Tue - Dec 10, 2019: Nyusi Calls for Reshaping of Multilateralism - AllAfrica News: Mozambique
[AIM] Nairobi -Mozambican President Filipe Nyusi on Monday called for the reshaping and democratisation of the institutional architecture of multilateralism, in particular of the bodies of the United Nations and of the Bretton Woods institutions, in order to respond to the current geopolitical reality.
- Tue - Dec 10, 2019: One Dead in Ambush in Manica - AllAfrica News: Mozambique
[AIM] Maputo -Chimoio (Mozambique), 10 Dec (AIM) - One person died and another was seriously injured in an armed attack against a bus on Monday night on Mozambique's main north-south highway (EN1) in the area of Muda-Serracao, in Gondola district, in the central province of Manica.
- Tue - Dec 10, 2019: PM Points to Advances in Fight Against Corruption - AllAfrica News: Mozambique
[AIM] Maputo -Quelimane (Mozambique), 10 Dec (AIM) - Mozambican Prime Minister Carlos Agostinho do Rosario declared on Monday that there have been positive results in the government's efforts to prevent and fight against corruption, thanks to the activities of the internal control units in public institutions and to inspections without prior warning.
- Tue - Dec 10, 2019: Mozambique Congratulates Angola On Acp Election - AllAfrica News: Mozambique
[ANGOP] Luanda -Mozanbican President Filipe Nyusi considered the election of the Angolan Ambassador Georges Rebelo Pinto Chikoti to the position of Secretary General of the Africa, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) Group a milestone in the Angolan diplomacy.