COAT OF ARMS
Current President: Filipe Nyusi
Population: 24,700,000 (2014)
Land Size: 812,379 sq km (313,661 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Tue - Jan 23, 2018: Over Five Million Dollars Needed to Repair Storm Damage - AllAfrica News: Mozambique
[AIM] Maputo -The Mozambican government needs over 300 million meticais (more than five million US dollars) to restore the infrastructures damaged last week by the tropical depression that brought torrential rains and high winds to the northern provinces of Nampula, Niassa and Cabo Delgado.
- Tue - Jan 23, 2018: Cabo Delgado Governor Calls for Vigilance - AllAfrica News: Mozambique
[AIM] Maputo -The governor of the northern Mozambican province of Cabo Delgado, Julio Parruque, on Saturday called for heightened vigilance against the armed groups, believed to be Islamic fundamentalists, that have launched sporadic attacks in parts of the province since October.
- Tue - Jan 23, 2018: Destruction in Wake of Northern Storms - AllAfrica News: Mozambique
[AIM] Maputo -The tropical depression that struck northern Mozambique last week caused seven deaths and destroyed or damaged over 14,000 homes in Nampula, Niassa and Cabo Delgado provinces.
- Tue - Jan 23, 2018: All in Readiness for Nampula By-Election - AllAfrica News: Mozambique
[AIM] Maputo -Mozambique's National Elections Commission (CNE) says that everything is ready for a successful mayoral by-election in the northern city of Nampula on Wednesday.
- Mon - Jan 22, 2018: U.S.$8 Billion Investment Set to Return Mozambique to Growth - AllAfrica News: Mozambique
[New Era] Windhoek -An approximately USD 8 billion investment in Mozambique's Coral Floating Liquefied Natural Gas (FLNG) development marks Mozambique's first step as a regional and global offshore natural gas producer and supplier. The landmark energy deal is the first of its kind in the country and is widely expected to transform Mozambique's growth prospects.