COAT OF ARMS
Government: Constitutional Monarchy
Current King: King Mohammed VI
Current Prime Minister: Saadeddine Othmani
Population: 33,986,655 (2017)
Land Size: 710,850 sq km (274,461 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Thu - Dec 13, 2018: Torture Suspicions Mar Mass Trial Verdicts - AllAfrica News: Morocco
[HRW] New York -The Casablanca Court of Appeals should weigh evidence that the police tortured the defendants when it reviews the convictions of protesters and activists from the Rif region, Human Rights Watch said today. The appeals case began on November 14, 2018.
- Thu - Dec 13, 2018: Muttaz Meets Delegation of Moroccan Manajim Mining Company - AllAfrica News: Morocco
[SNA] Khartoum -Prime Minister, Muttaz Musa, Wednesday received in his office a delegation of the Moroccan Manajim Mining Company and got informed on its projects in Sudan.
- Wed - Dec 12, 2018: SA Welcomes Resumption of Peace Talks On Western Sahara - AllAfrica News: Morocco
[SAnews.gov.za] International Relations and Cooperation Minister Lindiwe Sisulu has welcomed the resumption of peace talks on the situation in Western Sahara.
- Mon - Dec 10, 2018: Intergovernmental Conference On Global Compact for Migration Kicks Off in Marrakech - AllAfrica News: Morocco
[MAP] Marrakech -The Intergovernmental Conference on the Global Compact for Migration opened Monday in Marrakech, in the presence of the UN Secretary-General, Antonio Guterres, and several heads of State and Government.
- Fri - Dec 7, 2018: Private Sector Eager to Partner with Others Across Africa - Mezouar - AllAfrica News: Morocco
[allAfrica] Johannesburg -Morocco, which the IMF ranks as Africa's sixth largest economy, is the number one investment destination on the continent, according to the Africa Investment Index 2018, thanks to "a receptive business environment and low risk profile." For the robust private sector in that north African nation, this represents new opportunities to forge partnerships, according to Salaheddine Mezouar, who served as Minister of Foreign Affairs, Economy and Industry from 2013 to 2017 and now leads the General Confedera