COAT OF ARMS
Government: Constitutional Monarchy
Current King: King Mohammed VI
Current Prime Minister: Saadeddine Othmani
Population: 34,314,130 (2018)
Land Size: 710,850 sq km (274,461 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Wed - Apr 24, 2019: Expanding Trade Across the Maghreb - AllAfrica News: Morocco
[IMF] In 1989, the five Maghreb countries - Algeria, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco and Tunisia - established the Arab Maghreb Union to promote cooperation and economic integration. Thirty years later, there is still a largely untapped potential for regional trade among Maghreb countries.
- Wed - Apr 24, 2019: We Have Already Started Preparing for 2021 - Sellami - AllAfrica News: Morocco
[CAF] Morocco failed to go past the group stage at the ongoing Total U17 Africa Cup of Nations Tanzania 2019, but head coach Jamal Sellami leaves the tournament with his heads up. The Atlas Cubs were a delight to watch at the tournament as the twinkle twinkle little stars wowed fans with their breathtaking performances. Sadly, they managed just a point from three games.
- Wed - Apr 24, 2019: What's Behind Talk of a 'Migratory Crisis' in Spain - AllAfrica News: Morocco
[The New Humanitarian] Barcelona/Spain -Border guards in southern Spain are bracing for another spike in migrant arrivals from North Africa, but government officials and the UN say talk of a "crisis" in the run-up to Sunday's general election - encouraged by far-right parties - is premature and overblown.
- Tue - Apr 23, 2019: Time to close poverty gap in Africa with bold actions, says ECA's Biha at ARFSD2019 - AllAfrica News: Morocco
[Economic Commission for Africa] Marrakesh, Morocco, April 18, 2019 (ECA) -- Economic Commission for Africa (ECA) Deputy Executive Secretary, Giovanie Biha, on Thursday said Africa was running out of time to ensure the successful implementation of the sustainable development goals and called for bold actions by the continent's leaders to ensure no one is left behind by development processes.
- Tue - Apr 23, 2019: Morocco's Public Health Sector in Disarray - Does It Really Warrant Royal Intervention? - AllAfrica News: Morocco
[Moroccan American Center] A recent article from a UK news service questioned why King Mohammed VI was acquiring even more control over the naming of senior government than was intended under the 2011 constitution. It wrote that "Article 49... stipulates that appointments to key public institutions should be made by the Council of Ministers which comprises the government but is headed by the King. However, this advance was hindered in 2012... through the introduction of Law No. 2 of 2012, which gives the King ultimate control over a