COAT OF ARMS
Government: Constitutional Monarchy
Currrent King: King Mohammed VI
Current Prime Minister: Abdelilah Benkirane
Population: 33,000,000 (2014)
Land Size: 710,850 sq km (274,461 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Thu - Jun 22, 2017: HM the King Chairs Religious Evening to Commemorate Laylat Al-Qadr At Hassan II Mosque in Casablanca - AllAfrica News: Morocco
[MAP] Casablanca -HM King Mohammed VI, Commander of the Faithful, accompanied by HRH Crown Prince Moulay El Hassan, HRH Prince Moulay Rachid and HH Prince Moulay Ismail, chaired, on Wednesday at the Hassan II mosque in Casablanca, a religious evening to commemorate Laylat Al-Qadr.
- Thu - Jun 22, 2017: Protest Leader Alleges Police Beat Him - AllAfrica News: Morocco
[HRW] Tunis -Police arrested and severely beat the de facto leader of ongoing social protests in Morocco's Rif region, Human Rights Watch and Amnesty International said today, based on an account the protest leader gave his lawyer. Authorities are investigating Nasser Zefzafi, the protest leader, on grave charges, including one that carries the death penalty and some that appear political in nature.
- Wed - Jun 21, 2017: South African Court Battle Puts World Spotlight On Africa's Last Colony - AllAfrica News: Morocco
[Legalbrief] While South Africans were enjoying the 1 May Workers' Day public holiday, something extraordinary was unfolding in Port Elizabeth.
- Tue - Jun 20, 2017: HM the King to Chair Wednesday in Casablanca Religious Evening to Commemorate Laylat Al-Qadr - AllAfrica News: Morocco
[MAP] Rabat -HM King Mohammed VI, Commander of the Faithful, will chair, on Wednesday at the Hassan II mosque in Casablanca, a religious evening to commemorate Laylat Al-Qadr, the Ministry of the Royal Household, Protocol and Chancellery announced Tuesday in a statement.
- Mon - Jun 19, 2017: HM the King Offers Iftar in Honour of Tunisian Head of Govt. - AllAfrica News: Morocco
[MAP] Rabat -HM King Mohammed VI offered, on Sunday in Rabat, an iftar in honour of Tunisian head of government Youssef Chahed, who is on a working visit to Morocco, chaired by head of government Saad Eddine El Othmani.