COAT OF ARMS
Government: Constitutional Monarchy
Currrent King: King Mohammed VI
Current Prime Minister: Abdelilah Benkirane
Population: 33,000,000 (2014)
Land Size: 710,850 sq km (274,461 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Tue - Jul 25, 2017: Morocco, China Sign Deal to Build Africa's Tallest Skyscraper in Rabat - AllAfrica News: Morocco
[Focac] Rabat -A Chinese firm has signed a deal with Moroccan companies to build the tallest skyscraper in Africa in the capital of Morocco, local media reported on Sunday.
- Mon - Jul 24, 2017: Editor of Morocco News Website Arrested On Way to Cover Rif Protests - AllAfrica News: Morocco
[CPJ] New York -Moroccan authorities should immediately release Badil Editor-in-Chief Hamid al-Mahdaoui, the Committee to Protect Journalists said today. Police arrested al-Mahdaoui yesterday as he traveled to the Rif area of northern Morocco to cover protests, according to one of the journalist's colleagues and news reports.
- Fri - Jul 21, 2017: Group Opposes Morocco's Bid to Join Ecowas - AllAfrica News: Morocco
[Premium Times] A group has listed eight reasons why Nigeria should prevent Morocco from joining the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS).
- Thu - Jul 20, 2017: Sahrawis Sentenced to Jail Over Western Sahara Killings - AllAfrica News: Morocco
[Al Jazeera] A Morocco court has sentenced 23 civilians to prison terms ranging from two years to life over the killing of 11 members of the Moroccan security forces in contested Western Sahara.
- Tue - Jul 18, 2017: Full Text of HM the King's Message to Participants in International Symposium On African Football - AllAfrica News: Morocco
[MAP] Skhirate -HM King Mohammed VI sent a message to the participants in the international symposium on African football, which kicked off on Tuesday in Skhirate (Rabat outskirts).