COAT OF ARMS
Government: Constitutional Monarchy
Current King: King Mohammed VI
Current Prime Minister: Saadeddine Othmani
Population: 34,314,130 (2018)
Land Size: 710,850 sq km (274,461 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Thu - Apr 9, 2020: Amnesty International Should Urge the EU Council and Commission to to Intervene Immediately to Guarantee the Safety of All Sahrawi Political Prisoners in Moroccan Jails - AllAfrica News: Morocco
[SPS] Brussels -The Representation of Frente POLISARIO to Europe has called upon the NGO amnesty international office in Brussels to urge the council and commission of the European Union to intervene to protect the safety of all Saharawi political prisoners held illegally in Moroccan jails, outlining that Beyond the immediate release of them, these prisoners need urgent protection from the COVID-19 virus.
- Mon - Apr 6, 2020: Frente Polisario Alerts HRW to the Situation of the Saharawi Civilian Prisoners Held in Moroccan Jails - AllAfrica News: Morocco
[SPS] Brussels -In a letter addressed to Human Rights Watch's Brussels office, the Frente POLISARIO Representation to the EU expresses its deep concern about the appalling situation afflicting the Sahrawi political prisoners held illegally in Morocco jails amidst the growing COVID-19 pandemic.
- Mon - Apr 6, 2020: Can Morocco Effectively Handle the COVID-19 Crisis? - AllAfrica News: Morocco
[Chatham House] The Moroccan government is capitalizing on a burst of unity, social solidarity and public support in the face of a crisis. However, if it fails to effectively mitigate the public health and economic impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, this spirit of solidarity and cooperation will not last long.
- Thu - Apr 2, 2020: Spain Communist Party Conveys Deepest Regret to Te Saharawi People Following Mhamed Jaddad Death - AllAfrica News: Morocco
[SPS] Madrid (Spain) -The Communist Party of Spain has expressed its sincere condolences to all the Sahrawi people following the physical loss of Mhamad Jadad, prominent leader of Frente POLISARIO
- Wed - Apr 1, 2020: The American Schools of Morocco Continue to Grow and Prosper - AllAfrica News: Morocco
[Moroccan American Center] This month I stepped down as Co-Chairman of the American Schools of Marrakech (ASM) and Tangier (AST), after having co-chaired for the past 10 years with my colleague Larry Kardon during a time of significant change and progress. We took over the reins from the well-known American icon, Joe McPhillips, following his death in 2007. Joe came to Tangier in 1952 to work at the first American school, AST, and went on to inaugurate another school under our corporate umbrella in Marrakech in 1995.