COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: Port Louis
Government: Parliamentary Democracy
President: Paramasivum Pillay Vyapoory
Current Prime Minister: Pravind Kumar Jugnauth
Population: 1,364,283 (2018)
Land Size: 2,040 sq km (788 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Tue - Dec 10, 2019: Duke of Edinburgh's International Award-Mauritius Partners With City Sport (Mauritius) Ltd - AllAfrica News: Mauritius
[Government of Mauritius] The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award-Mauritius signed, yesterday, a partnership agreement with City Sport (Mauritius) Ltd, during a ceremony organised by the Ministry of Youth Empowerment, Sports and Recreation at Bagatelle. The agreement spanning for a period of six years, offers various discounts on the purchase of sports equipment and sportswear to participants of the Duke of Edinburgh's International Award-Mauritius.
- Tue - Dec 10, 2019: Towards the Setting Up of an Observatory for Gender-Based Violence - AllAfrica News: Mauritius
[Government of Mauritius] The setting up of an Observatory for Gender-Based Violence (GBV) is high on Government's agenda to address the issues in relation to GBV cases which are matters of national concern. The Observatory will better help Government have an in-depth understanding as well as study the evolution of the different GBV cases.
- Tue - Dec 10, 2019: Public Procurement Focus On New Standards - AllAfrica News: Mauritius
[Government of Mauritius] A Lead Procurement Specialist, Mr Bernard Abeillé, is currently in Mauritius to help the Central Procurement Board (CPB) reach new heights in terms of standards, with focus on values such as transparency, fairness, integrity and competition as per the Public Procurement Act. He will also assist the CPB in capacity building to upgrade the skills of CPB members, particularly by bringing the notion of value for money and total cost of ownership in public procurement in Mauritius.
- Mon - Dec 9, 2019: Second Edition of Street Dance Battle Competition Kicks Off - AllAfrica News: Mauritius
[Government of Mauritius] The second edition of the Street Dance Battle competition, aiming to encourage young Mauritians aged between 12 to 35 years old to demonstrate their talents, kicked off on, Saturday 07 December 2019, at the Rose Belle Youth Centre.
- Mon - Dec 9, 2019: Minister Toussaint Reiterates Government's Support to Local Athletes to Help Secure Their Future - AllAfrica News: Mauritius
[Government of Mauritius] 'Government is keen on providing local athletes with the necessary support for their social integration as well as financial assistance so that they may embark on other professional activities. It is therefore crucial that they in turn show dedication, commitment and work hard to attain their goals'.