COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: Port Louis
Government: Parliamentary Democracy
President: Paramasivum Pillay Vyapoory
Current Prime Minister: Pravind Kumar Jugnauth
Population: 1,364,283 (2018)
Land Size: 2,040 sq km (788 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Mon - Jun 17, 2019: The GM having recourse to the BoM - "It is a hold-up with complicity from inside!" - AllAfrica News: Mauritius
[L'Express] For the benefit of our readers, would you mind telling us why the independence of the central bank is so important for an economy?
- Wed - Jun 12, 2019: Rekindling the Traditional Sectors - AllAfrica News: Mauritius
[L'Express] Conscious that the traditional sectors namely Sugar, Tourism and Manufacturing have been experiencing precarious situation and difficulties, Hon. Pravind Kumar Jugnauth, has in his seventh budget and third in the capacity of Prime Minister and Minister of Finance earmarked several key measures and incentives to give a breathing space for the actors in those sectors to rekindle their businesses.
- Wed - Jun 12, 2019: Meeting Social Aspirations in a Challenging Economic Environment - AllAfrica News: Mauritius
[L'Express] Embracing a Brighter Future Mauritius Budget 2019 - 2020 10 June 2019
- Tue - Jun 11, 2019: Hundred Thousand Children Benefit From National Vision Screening Programme - AllAfrica News: Mauritius
[Government of Mauritius] Some hundred thousand children from about 261 primary schools across Mauritius have been screened and have benefitted from eye care health services under the National Vision Screening Programme "Seeing is Believing", an initiative launched in 2012 with a view to identify and help children with poor eyesight.
- Tue - Jun 11, 2019: World Environment Day 2019 Raises Alarm On Air Pollution - AllAfrica News: Mauritius
[Government of Mauritius] Various activities including a tree planting campaign, beaches and lagoons clean-up, nature discovery tours at discounted rates and free guided tours for the general public in glass bottom boats at Blue Bay Marine Park, organised by the Ministry of Social Security, National Solidarity, and Environment and Sustainable Development to mark World Environment Day (WED) 2019, were launched on 08 June 2019 at the Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee Tower in Ebène.