COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: Port Louis
Government: Parliamentary Democracy
President: Ameenah Gurib-Fakim
Current Prime Minister: Sir Anerood Jugnauth
Population: 1.3 million (UN 2014)
Land Size: 2,040 sq km (788 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Thu - Jul 20, 2017: Under-17 Off to Mauritius - AllAfrica News: Mauritius
[Zambia Reports] Zambia's under-17 set off on an early flight to Mauritius for the regional COSAFA tournament kicking off tomorrow.
- Wed - Jul 19, 2017: High Level Discussion to Raise Awareness On Multidisciplinarity of Science - AllAfrica News: Mauritius
[Government of Mauritius] A two-day high level discussion on the need to engage the worlds of art, nature and science organised at the initiative of the Office of the President opened this morning at the State House, Le Réduit. The President of the Republic, Dr. Ameenah Gurib-Fakim; the Minister of Public Infrastructure and Land Transport, Mr. Nandcoomar Bodha, and other eminent personalities were present at the event.
- Wed - Jul 19, 2017: Regional Conference Focused On Protection of Cultural Heritage - AllAfrica News: Mauritius
[Government of Mauritius] A three-day regional conference and ministerial roundtable to strengthen synergies for the protection of cultural heritage in Eastern Africa and Adjacent Indian Ocean States aiming to provide a platform for discussion at national and internationals level kicked off this morning at the Intercontinental Hotel, Balaclava.
- Wed - Jul 19, 2017: Health Minister Appeals for Healthy Lifestyle to Prevent NCDs - AllAfrica News: Mauritius
[Government of Mauritius] Early detection of Non-Communicable Diseases (NCDs) is critical to the effective control of the disease and to prevent severe complications at a later stage and most of NCDs are preventable through a healthy lifestyle.
- Wed - Jul 19, 2017: Phase 2 of the CEB 2015 SSDG Net Metering Scheme Already Operational - AllAfrica News: Mauritius
[Government of Mauritius] GIS- 18 July 2017 : The second phase of the "CEB 2015 SSDG Net Metering Scheme" to integrate a total of 2 MW Small Scale Distributed Generation (SSDG) using renewable energy technologies in the Mauritian grid has already been launched.