COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: Port Louis
Government: Parliamentary Democracy
President: Paramasivum Pillay Vyapoory
Current Prime Minister: Pravind Kumar Jugnauth
Population: 1,364,283 (2018)
Land Size: 2,040 sq km (788 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Thu - Apr 9, 2020: COVID-19 - Registrar General's Department Work From Home Team to Process Loan Online - AllAfrica News: Mauritius
[Government of Mauritius] The Registrar General's Department, amid the outbreak of Covid-19, has set up a team to work from home so as to process online any loan or other related document. This initiative has as objective to provide facilities to the public, in particularly financial institutions, with a view of ensuring business continuity in the country.
- Wed - Apr 8, 2020: Efforts to Boost Trade in Mauritius in Response to COVID-19 - AllAfrica News: Mauritius
[Government of Mauritius] Government will accelerate efforts and explore potential ways to limit the impact of the Covid-19 on trade and businesses in Mauritius. Thus, a standing committee, as one of the key measures to evaluate the impacts of the Covid-19 on the state of affairs in the long run and to discuss the implementation of prospective actions to boost the sector, will be set up. The Minister of Industrial Development, SMEs and Cooperatives, Mr Soomilduth Bholah, made this announcement, yesterday, following a working sessio
- Wed - Apr 8, 2020: COVID-19 - Four Additional Patients Recover and 24 New Cases Registered - AllAfrica News: Mauritius
[Government of Mauritius] The number of Covid-19 patients who are on the recovery path has increased today, with four additional patients who have been discharged. This brings the total number of patients who have recovered from the virus to eight. The number of active cases is 253 as at now. Five patients are moreover on the recovery path.
- Tue - Apr 7, 2020: MRIC Launches Special Call for Proposals for Fast-Track Innovative Projects to Counter Impacts of COVID-19 - AllAfrica News: Mauritius
[Government of Mauritius] The Mauritius Research and Innovation Council (MRIC) is launching a Special Call for proposals for fast-track innovative projects to counter the impacts of Covid-19. The deadline for submitting application is Friday 17th April 2020.
- Tue - Apr 7, 2020: Mauritius Records Recovery of First Four COVID-19 Patients - AllAfrica News: Mauritius
[Government of Mauritius] Mauritius recorded the first four cases of recovery from the Covid-19. From the 470 tests carried out within the last 24 hours, 17 positive cases were detected today bringing the total to 244 cases as compared to 227 cases yesterday.