COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: Port Louis
Government: Parliamentary Democracy
President: Paramasivum Pillay Vyapoory
Current Prime Minister: Pravind Kumar Jugnauth
Population: 1,364,283 (2018)
Land Size: 2,040 sq km (788 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Thu - Jan 23, 2020: Calendar of Activities for the Commemoration of the 185th Anniversary of the Abolition of Slavery - AllAfrica News: Mauritius
[Government of Mauritius] A series of activities in the context of the Commemoration of the185th Anniversary of the Abolition of Slavery in Mauritius, observed on 01 February each year, were announced by the Minister of Arts and Cultural Heritage, Mr Avinash Teeluck, this afternoon at a press conference in Port Louis. The Chief Guest, on this occasion, will be the Minister of Culture of the Republic of Senegal, Mr Abdul Aziz Diop.
- Thu - Jan 23, 2020: Miss World 2020 - Discussions On to Host the Contest in Mauritius - AllAfrica News: Mauritius
[Government of Mauritius] Miss World 2019, Ms Toni-Ann Singh, accompanied by members of the Organising Committee of Miss World Contest, is presently in Mauritius to discuss the possibility for Mauritius to host the Miss World Contest 2020.
- Thu - Jan 23, 2020: Hubert Curien Le Réduit Partnership's Calls for Proposals for 2020 Projects - AllAfrica News: Mauritius
[Government of Mauritius] The Hubert Curien Le Réduit Partnership (PHC Le Réduit), a Franco-Mauritian partnership, which supports the development and consolidation of bilateral partnerships between academic and scientific institutions in France and in Mauritius, is calling for proposals for projects. The deadline for the submission of applications is 27 February 2020.
- Wed - Jan 22, 2020: Launch of Financial Services Institute 2020 Training Calendar - AllAfrica News: Mauritius
[Government of Mauritius] A training calendar 2020 for the Financial Services Institute (FSI) which operates under the aegis of the Ministry of Financial Services and Good Governance was launched, yesterday, at the Hennessy Park Hotel, Ebène on the theme "Financial Services in 2020 and beyond: Creating Future through capacity Building", in presence of the Minister of Financial Services and Good Governance, Mr Mahen Kumar Seeruttun.
- Wed - Jan 22, 2020: Weather Forecast - Heavy Rain Warning Issued for Mauritius - AllAfrica News: Mauritius
[Government of Mauritius] A heavy rain warning for Mauritius issued, today, by the Mauritius Meteorological Services (MMS), will be valid till 16.00 hours. The local weather and atmospheric conditions are being influenced by clouds associated with the instability zone coming from the west.