COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: Port Louis
Government: Parliamentary Democracy
President: Ameenah Gurib-Fakim
Current Prime Minister: Sir Anerood Jugnauth
Population: 1.3 million (UN 2014)
Land Size: 2,040 sq km (788 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Fri - Aug 18, 2017: Slave Route Project - International Meeting to Be Held in November - AllAfrica News: Mauritius
[Government of Mauritius] Mauritius will host, in November 2017, the Meeting of the International Scientific Committee of the UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation) Slave Route Project. A conference on slavery will be also held.
- Fri - Aug 18, 2017: Maisons Des Pêcheurs Receive Rs 3.5 Million for Renovation Purposes - AllAfrica News: Mauritius
[Government of Mauritius] A total of Rs 3.5 million has been allocated for the renovation of the three Maisons des Pêcheurs located at Tamarin, Cap Malheureux and Mahébourg respectively. This decision follows discussions with the Prime Minister, Minister of Home Affairs, External Communications and National Development Unit and Minister of Finance and Economic Development, Mr Pravind Kumar Jugnauth. The objective is to provide support and the necessary facilities to the various fishermen cooperative societies into comm
- Thu - Aug 17, 2017: New Technologies Vital to Position Mauritius As a Software Development Platform, Says ICT Minister - AllAfrica News: Mauritius
[Government of Mauritius] Government is conscious of the need to give due recognition to the importance and potential of adopting new technologies, matched with infrastructure, as Mauritius moves towards a service and knowledge economy, said the Minister of Technology, Communication and Innovation, Mr Yogida Sawmynaden, this morning at the Westin Turtle Bay Resort & Spa, in Balaclava.
- Thu - Aug 17, 2017: Commerce Minister Highlights Major Projects in Petroleum Sector - AllAfrica News: Mauritius
[Government of Mauritius] Two major projects of the Indian Oil Mauritius Ltd will contribute to the economic development of Mauritius, said the Minister of Industry, Commerce and Consumer Protection, Mr Ashit Kumar Gungah, yesterday at Calodyne at the inauguration of the 21st Indian Oil Filling Station in Mauritius. The High Commissioner of India, Mr Abhay Thakur was also present.
- Wed - Aug 16, 2017: State Secretary Lindner On the Signing of an Air Transport Agreement With Mauritius - AllAfrica News: Mauritius
[PR Newswire] Berlin -State Secretary of the Federal Foreign Office Walter J. Lindner issued the following statement today (14 August) in connection with the signing of an air transport agreement with Mauritius: