COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: Port Louis
Government: Parliamentary Democracy
President: Ameenah Gurib-Fakim
Current Prime Minister: Sir Anerood Jugnauth
Population: 1.3 million (UN 2014)
Land Size: 2,040 sq km (788 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Mon - Apr 24, 2017: Zimbabweans Poorest, Survey Finds, But Who's the Wealthiest? - AllAfrica News: Mauritius
[Namibian] NAMIBIANS are the third wealthiest people in Africa, according to an April 2017 report by Mauritius' AfrAsia Bank and Johannesburg-based market research firm New World Wealth.
- Fri - Apr 21, 2017: Mauritius and the Kingdom of Swaziland Sign a Bilateral Air Services Agreement - AllAfrica News: Mauritius
[Government of Mauritius] Mauritius signed a Memorandum of Understanding and initialled a Bilateral Air Services Agreement (BASA) with the Kingdom of Swaziland on 19 April 2017 at the Prime Minister's Office in Port Louis. The signatories for the Mauritian side was the Solicitor-General, Mr D. K. Dabee, and for the Swazi side the Director General of Swaziland Civil Aviation Authority, Mr Solomon Dube.
- Fri - Apr 21, 2017: Educational Reforms Emphasises On Holistic Development, Says Minister Dookun-Luchoomun - AllAfrica News: Mauritius
[Government of Mauritius] The fulfilment of the vision encapsulated in the SDG 2030 rests on the ability of education and training systems to ensure the employability of all people. The success also depends upon facilitating the creativity of every citizen. This is why the current reforms in education lay emphasis on holistic development.
- Fri - Apr 21, 2017: Launching of National Art Exhibition - AllAfrica News: Mauritius
[Government of Mauritius] The National Art Exhibition was launched on 19 April 2017 by the Minister of Arts and Culture, Mr Prithvirajsing Roopun, at the Nelson Mandela Centre, at La Tour Koenig.
- Fri - Apr 21, 2017: China-Mauritius to Explore New Strategic Partnership - AllAfrica News: Mauritius
[Government of Mauritius] The Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Regional Integration and International Trade had working session yesterday with a high-level delegation from the Chinese government in a view to engage China in the Mauritius Africa Strategy, so as to explore new avenues of cooperation.