COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Mohamed Ould Ghazouani
Population: 4,005,475 (2020)
Land Size: 1.04 million sq km (398,000 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Mon - Nov 23, 2020: El Guerguerat - Mauritania Expresses Reservations About 2nd Morocco's Sand Wall - AllAfrica News: Mauritania
[SPS] Nouakshott (Mauritania) -- Mauritania has expressed reservations about the second sand wall built by Morocco too close to the border of El Guerguerat, online newspaper Zahraa Chankit reported Sunday, stressing Nouakshott's "dissatisfaction" with such a territorial expansion.
- Mon - Nov 23, 2020: Revise Draft Associations Law - AllAfrica News: Mauritania
[HRW] Beirut -- Bill Falls Short of International Standards
- Sat - Nov 21, 2020: Mauritian PM Calls for Fair Roll-out of Covid-19 Vaccines - AllAfrica News: Mauritania
[Qatar Foundation] Port Louis -- Mauritian Prime Minister Pravind Jugnauth calls for Covid-19 vaccines to be 'distributed fairly' amid fears that some parts of the world might be left behind in the dash for coronavirus immunity.
- Mon - Nov 9, 2020: Sahrawi Civil Society Actors Responsible for Closing the Breach At Guerguerat to Allow Brothers From Mauritania to Pass Through - AllAfrica News: Mauritania
[SPS] Guerguerat (Saharawi Republic) -- Sahrawi civil society actors responsible for closing the illegal breach at Guerguerat have declared a humanitarian, fraternal initiative allowing brothers from Mauritania, holders of Mauritanian documents, who have been stranded for some time at the illegal breach at Guerguerat on their way from the Sahrawi Occupied Territories to pass to their country.
- Sat - Oct 31, 2020: Mauritania - Basic Education Sector Support Project - Phase 2 - AllAfrica News: Mauritania
[World Bank] IDA Grant: U.S.$40 million equivalent