COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Ibrahim Boubacar Keïta
Population: 19,553,397 (2020)
Land Size: 1.25 million sq km (482,077 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Sun - Feb 21, 2021: Radio in Mali Can Empower Women By Remembering They Are Part of a Social Web - AllAfrica News: Mali
[The Conversation Africa] The Malian politician, writer and women's activist Aoua Kéita once argued that, "The evolution of a country depends on the place that women occupy in the public space of that country." Today, Malian women face multiple and intersecting barriers that prevent them from realising this vision.
- Sat - Feb 20, 2021: Mali Creates Group to Open Dialogue With Islamist Insurgents - AllAfrica News: Mali
[RFI] Mali's interim Prime Minister Moctar Ouane has created a platform in order to open talks with the Islamist militants who have wreaked havoc in the north of the country.
- Sat - Feb 20, 2021: 2021 Afrobasket Qualifiers - D'Tigers Set New Record After Mali Win - AllAfrica News: Mali
[Premium Times] The Nigerian men made it six victories out of six all during the qualifiers
- Thu - Feb 18, 2021: Afrobasket 2021 Qualifiers - Rwanda Lose to Mali in Opener - AllAfrica News: Mali
[New Times] Rwanda started its Group D campaign at the last window of the ongoing Africa Basketball championship (Afrobasket) qualifiers on a low note after losing to Mali 51-76 on Wednesday night at Salle Mohamed Mzali Arena in Monastir, Tunisia.
- Wed - Feb 17, 2021: These Crimes That Can Never Be Tried - AllAfrica News: Mali
[JusticeInfo.net] Since the outbreak of the Malian crisis in 2012, many serious human rights violations remain and are likely to remain unpunished. This is the bitter conclusion of the International Commission of Inquiry on Mali, whose report was finally published by the United Nations on January 29, seven months after its submission.