COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Ibrahim Boubacar Keïta
Population: 19,553,397 (2020)
Land Size: 1.25 million sq km (482,077 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Fri - Nov 27, 2020: Afrobasket Qualifiers - Rwanda Falls to Mali in Group D - AllAfrica News: Mali
[New Times] Rwanda started its Group D campaign at the ongoing African Basketball Championship (Afrobasket) qualifiers on a low note after losing 70-64 to Mali on Thursday night at Kigali Arena.
- Fri - Nov 27, 2020: Mali's Transitional Council - CMAS On the Starting Block - AllAfrica News: Mali
[Cameroon Tribune] The head of the Movement Imam Mahmoud Dicko made the announcement yesterday quelling remours of his intension to boycott.
- Thu - Nov 26, 2020: Time to Tackle Violence Against Women - AllAfrica News: Mali
[ISS] The transition period could set the tone for new norms that future governments could live by.
- Tue - Nov 24, 2020: Covid-19 Action Fund for Africa Donates Millions of PPE to Sierra Leone, Mali, Côte d'Ivoire and Liberia for Community Health Workers - AllAfrica News: Mali
[FrontPageAfrica] Accra -- The Covid-19 Action Fund for Africa (CAF-Africa) has donated Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to health ministries in Sierra Leone, Liberia, Côte D'Ivoire, and Mali for each nation's cadre of community health workers (CHWs). CAF-Africa is an action-oriented collaborative of over 30 organizations dedicated to protecting community and frontline health workers in Africa's COVID-19 response.
- Sat - Nov 21, 2020: U.S. Special Envoy for the Sahel Region J. Peter Pham Addesses Meeting of Speical Envoys - AllAfrica News: Mali
[State Department] U.S. Special Envoy for the Sahel Region Ambassador J. Peter Pham represented the United States at the 9th Meeting of the Special Envoys for the Sahel hosted virtually by the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation on November 17, 2020. Ambassador Pham delivered remarks alongside the Secretary General of the Sahel Coalition, the Executive Secretary of the G5 Sahel, and the EU Special Representative for the Sahel. He spoke as part of a plenary panel on widening the international par