COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Ibrahim Boubacar Keïta
Population: 18,429,893 (2018)
Land Size: 1.25 million sq km (482,077 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Mon - Jun 17, 2019: Envoys Despise Genocidal Killings - AllAfrica News: Mali
[CAJ News] Bamako -United Nations (UN) envoys have condemned the mass killing of women and children during ethnic murders in Mali earlier this week.
- Fri - Jun 14, 2019: On the Day of the African Child, Fight for the Rights of Our Girls - AllAfrica News: Mali
[allAfrica] On this year's Day of the African Child on June 16, heads of state, ministers, religious leaders, community leaders, survivors' networks and campaigners will come together for the first ever Africa-led summit on ending Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) and child marriage.
- Fri - Jun 14, 2019: Rethinking Strategy to Stop the Spread of Terrorism - AllAfrica News: Mali
[ISS] The terror threat across Africa is as strong as ever. Attacks are occurring not just in the older centres of activity such as Somalia, northern Nigeria and northern Mali, but in emerging hotspots like northern Mozambique and Burkina Faso as well.
- Fri - Jun 14, 2019: A Ban On Child Labor in Africa Is Not Enough - AllAfrica News: Mali
[Deutsche Welle] Many children in Africa have to work as domestic helps, on plantations or in prostitution to survive. They are robbed of their childhood and guaranteed a life in poverty if they are kept out of school.
- Fri - Jun 14, 2019: President Sends Condolences Message to Malian Counterpart - AllAfrica News: Mali
[ANGOP] Luanda -The President of the Republic, João Lourenço, on Thursday sent a message of condolences to his Malian counterpart, Ibrahim Boubacar Keita, following the attacks in the town of Sobane-Kou in the center of that country in which 95 people were killed by armed men.