COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: BamakoGovernment: Unitary Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Ibrahim Boubacar Keïta
Land Size: 1.25 million sq km (482,077 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Wed - Sep 20, 2017: Mali's President, At UN Assembly, Calls On World to Help Equip Regional Anti-Terror Force - AllAfrica News: Mali
[UN News] Mali's President Ibrahim Boubacar Keita took the podium of the General Assembly today to praise United Nations efforts in aiding his West African country recover from rebel attacks, and called on the international community to help fund a new five-nation force to combat terrorism in the region.
- Tue - Sep 19, 2017: Malian President Expresses 'Great Admiration' for HM the King - AllAfrica News: Mali
[MAP] New York -Malian president, Ibrahim Boubacar Keita, expressed, on Monday in New York, his "great admiration" for "my brother" HM King Mohammed VI, extending his congratulations to the Sovereign for the Special Recognition Award for Leadership in the promotion of tolerance and cross-cultural rapprochement, which was awarded to him by the Global Hope Coalition.
- Sat - Sep 16, 2017: Rebels Bring Schooling in Mali to a Standstill - AllAfrica News: Mali
[CAJ News] Bamako -HUNDREDS of schools have closed in Mali as the insecurity battering the West African country persists.
- Thu - Sep 14, 2017: Wafu Cup - Nigeria, Mali to Kick Off Group Stage Campaign in Cape Coast - AllAfrica News: Mali
[This Day] The home-based Eagles are to begin their group stage campaign of the sub-regional WAFU Nations Cup this afternoon against the Aigions of Mali at the Cape Coast Stadium in Ghana. Kick off time is 4pm Nigerian time.
- Thu - Sep 14, 2017: Nigeria Battles Mali As Wafu Cup Group Stage Begins - AllAfrica News: Mali
[Guardian] Nigeria will continue its quest to win the resuscitated WAFU Cup trophy when it takes on Mali in their first group stage match of the competition.