COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Ibrahim Boubacar Keïta
Population: 18,429,893 (2018)
Land Size: 1.25 million sq km (482,077 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Wed - Apr 24, 2019: Insiders Insight - Mali Government Quits - AllAfrica News: Mali
[African Arguments] Mali government quits
- Wed - Apr 24, 2019: As a Malian, the Slogan 'Zero Malaria Starts With Me' Has Special Meaning - AllAfrica News: Mali
[The Conversation Africa] For the millions worldwide living with the daily reality of malaria, bringing an end to this awful disease can feel like a distant dream.
- Tue - Apr 23, 2019: President Names New Prime Minister - AllAfrica News: Mali
[Deutsche Welle] Mali's president has appointed a new prime minister, after the country's government resigned. Boubou Cisse, who had been serving as finance minster, is now charged with easing growing unrest.
- Mon - Apr 22, 2019: Mali Soldiers Killed in Suspected Militant Attack - AllAfrica News: Mali
[Deutsche Welle] Government soldiers were said to have been taken by surprise, coming under heavy gunfire. The attack comes as the country's president searches for a new prime minister in the wake of a complete Cabinet resignation.
- Sun - Apr 21, 2019: Killing of Peacekeeper 'May Constitute War Crimes' - UN - AllAfrica News: Mali
[UN News] An improvised roadside mine which exploded hitting a UN peacekeeping convoy in Mali, killing one 'blue helmet' from Egypt, and wounding four others, may constitute a war crime, the UN Chief said on Saturday, as senior UN officials condemned the blast.