COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Ibrahim Boubacar Keïta
Land Size: 1.25 million sq km (482,077 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Fri - Nov 17, 2017: 'We're Looking At Africa in 2050', Says Top Official - AllAfrica News: Mali
[Deutsche Welle] We need to create jobs, help facilitate trade and address the challenges of the Africa of the future, says Donald Yamamoto, who is in charge of African affairs at the US State Department.
- Fri - Nov 17, 2017: Peacekeepers Increasingly Caught in Mali Crossfire - AllAfrica News: Mali
[CAJ News] Bamako -THE killing of more than 80 peacekeepers in Mali has prompted calls for the United Nations to increase its presence in the West African country. The UN Stabilization Mission in Mali (MINUSMA) is also hampered by crucial funding gaps in equipment and expertise. Of the 170 peacekeepers killed while serving in UN missions globally since the beginning of 2013 up to the end of September this year, 86 were with MINUSMA. "We need to do more in terms of training, how the force is organized, and modalities of how w
- Tue - Nov 14, 2017: Electoral Cycle Fraught With Obstacles and Instability - AllAfrica News: Mali
[ISS] Mali is entering an electoral cycle comprising local and regional elections on 17 December and presidential and legislative elections in 2018.
- Wed - Nov 8, 2017: Mali Twist - the Largest Ever Exhibition of Malian Photographer Malick Sidibé's Work - AllAfrica News: Mali
[This is Africa] Fondation Cartier in Paris, France pour l'art contemporain presents Mali Twist*, the largest ever solo exhibition of works by the renowned Malian photographer Malick Sidibé, known as the Eye of Bamako. Fondation Cartier is staging the largest ever exhibition of Sidibé's work, which includes over 300 images taken from the early 1960s to 80s.
- Wed - Nov 8, 2017: France Accused of Killing Malian Soldiers in Raid On Jihadi Hideout - AllAfrica News: Mali
[RFI] France has sent high-level representatives to talk to the Malian government after claims that a French anti-terror raid killed Malian troops held by jihadists.