COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: BamakoGovernment: Unitary Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Ibrahim Boubacar Keïta
Land Size: 1.25 million sq km (482,077 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Sun - Apr 23, 2017: New African Union Chief Puts Peace Back On the Agenda - AllAfrica News: Mali
[ISS] The scene is not a familiar one at the African Union (AU): the AU Commission (AUC) chairperson, in shirtsleeves, walking in the blazing sun down an unpaved alley in a war-torn country. Yet this picture of Moussa Faki Mahamat, the new AUC chairperson, on a visit to South Sudan, is probably the first of many.
- Thu - Apr 20, 2017: Mali Too Hot for Half of Bundeswehr MINUSMA Vehicles - AllAfrica News: Mali
[Deutsche Welle] Bundeswehr service vehicles can't take Mali's heat, a German newspaper reported. According to the daily, only about half of German military vehicles sent to a UN base in the West African desert are still running.
- Thu - Apr 20, 2017: Mali Militants Frustrate Peace Keepers - AllAfrica News: Mali
[CAJ News] Bamako -PEACE keepers in Mali are enduring daily attacks from militants thriving on the anarchy prevailing in the country. Two attacks have been recorded this week, which left several members of the United Nations Multidimensional Integrated Stabilization Mission in Mali (Minusma) and civilians injured. A vehicle belonging to the peacekeeping mission has struck an improvised explosive device or mine about 30 kilometres south of Tessalit in the Kidal region. The vehicle, part of an escort of a logistics convoy, has
- Fri - Apr 14, 2017: Mebarki received by Malian Premier - AllAfrica News: Mali
[Algerie Presse Service] Algiers -Minister of Vocational Training Mohamed Mebareki has been received Friday in Bamako by the Malian Premier Modibo Keita, announced the ministry in a communiqué.
- Wed - Apr 12, 2017: President Elects Allies in Key Govt Position Ahead of Crucial Polls - Report - AllAfrica News: Mali
[News24Wire] Mali's President Ibrahim Boubacar Keita has reportedly reshuffled his government, bringing in loyalists who are seen as important allies in preparation for re-election next year.