COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: BamakoGovernment: Unitary Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Ibrahim Boubacar Keïta
Land Size: 1.25 million sq km (482,077 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Tue - May 23, 2017: Macron Pledges to Be Tough On Terrorism During Mali Visit - AllAfrica News: Mali
[RFI] French president Emmanuel Macron reinforced his commitment to fighting armed Islamists in Africa during a speech made at the French military base in Gao, northern Mali, while also calling on more support from Germany and other European countries. The trip - his first outside of Europe - sent strong signals at the start to his presidency.
- Tue - May 23, 2017: Japan Contributes U.S.$6 Million to Assist Local Communities and Malian Refugees in Southern-Eastern Mauritania - AllAfrica News: Mali
[WFP] The three agencies work in collaboration with the Government of Mauritania to strengthen security nationwide and protect Malian refugees and support vulnerable local communities in the country's semi-arid south-eastern Hodh ech Chargui region, where the harsh climate and instability have undermined livelihoods, increased displacements and deepened food insecurity.
- Tue - May 23, 2017: Mali PM Commends China's Support to Nation's Peace, Stability - AllAfrica News: Mali
[Focac] Bamako -Malian Prime Minister Abdoulaye Idrissa Maiga on Sunday commended China's support to the country's efforts in maintaining national peace and stability, and appreciated China's involvement in the United Nations' (UN) peacekeeping mission in Mali.
- Mon - May 22, 2017: Meeting Between High Representative for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy/Vice-President Federica Mogherini and Minister for Malians Abroad and African Integration of Mali, Dr. Abdramane Sylla - AllAfrica News: Mali
[PR Newswire] Brussels -They notably exchanged on the security situation in Mali and in the region, focusing on how to further cooperate jointly to better ensure security of Malians people, fight terrorism, and support Mali's development.
- Mon - May 22, 2017: Mali On the Spot At Arusha Human Rights Court Sessions - AllAfrica News: Mali
[Daily News] The African Court on Human and Peoples' Rights (AfCHPR), sitting in Arusha, has begun its 45th Ordinary Session to determine 84 cases, including application against violation on inheritance rights, consent and minimum age of marriage for girls.