COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Ibrahim Boubacar Keïta
Population: 18,429,893 (2018)
Land Size: 1.25 million sq km (482,077 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Thu - Apr 9, 2020: European Union and Government of Denmark Support Unicef in Shipping Vital Supplies to Mali - AllAfrica News: Mali
[Unicef] Brussels/Copenhagen/Bamako/Dakar -A UNICEF shipment of 7.5 tons of vital health supplies is arriving in Bamako, Mali today on a Danish flight, co-financed between the European Union (EU) and the Government of Denmark.
- Thu - Apr 9, 2020: In Fighting Slavery, Some Favour Dialogue, Others Confrontation. - AllAfrica News: Mali
[African Arguments] Caste systems in parts of Mali define what people can and cannot do. Nobles call it tradition. Opponents call it hereditary slavery.
- Wed - Apr 8, 2020: Commitment From All Parties Is Necessary for Sustainable Peace in Mali - AllAfrica News: Mali
[PR Newswire] London -Statement by Ambassador James Roscoe, acting UK Deputy Permanent Representative to the UN, at the Security Council briefing on the situation in Mali
- Wed - Apr 8, 2020: UN Mission Continues to Fulfil Mandate, Aids Battle Against Coronavirus - AllAfrica News: Mali
[UN News] As the COVID-19 pandemic plagues the world, the head of the UN peacekeeping mission in Mali told the Security Council on Tuesday that the mission continues to fulfill its mandate while doing whatever it can to prevent the coronavirus outbreak from overrunning the country.
- Mon - Apr 6, 2020: Ending FGM in Mali: "The fight is hard but noble" - AllAfrica News: Mali
[Plan International] "You were born yesterday, and you are the one who wants to talk to us about female genital mutilation? This is what parents say when we try to talk to them about it," says 25-year-old Coulibaly who is youth activist working with Plan International to end the practice of FGM in his community in Mali.