COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: BamakoGovernment: Unitary Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Ibrahim Boubacar Keïta
Land Size: 1.25 million sq km (482,077 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Fri - Mar 17, 2017: Minister of Minerals Meets General Consul of Mali - AllAfrica News: Mali
[SNA] Khartoum -Minister of Minerals, Dr Ahmed Mohamed Sadiq Al-Karuri said that Sudan has presented a pure Sudanese experiment in field of mining work and managed in the recent period to attract investments of multi -national companies.
- Fri - Mar 10, 2017: UN Expert Calls for Stronger Protection of Civilians Amid Ongoing Violence - AllAfrica News: Mali
[UN News] Serious security threats in north and central Mali put local populations and humanitarian aid workers at risk, a United Nations human rights expert said today.
- Wed - Mar 8, 2017: Soldiers Killed As Mali Rebels Defy Government - AllAfrica News: Mali
[CAJ News] Bamako -ARMED groups are openly violating ceasefire agreements by carrying out attacks at checkpoints occupied by the Malian Armed Forces, killing at least 11 officers in the defiance. The violations have been prevalent in Timbuktu, in the north of the country. The armed groups are opposed to the installation of the Taoudenit interim authorities, which was originally scheduled for Monday, and represents a crucial step in the implementation of the Peace and Reconciliation Agreement in Mali. Two checkpoints have bee
- Tue - Mar 7, 2017: Soldiers Killed in Attack As Violence Surges - AllAfrica News: Mali
[Al Jazeera] Eleven soldiers have been killed and five wounded in an attack on a military base in Mali as rival armed groups surrounded the city of Timbuktu.
- Mon - Mar 6, 2017: Armed Groups Block Interim Govt - AllAfrica News: Mali
[Premium Times] Armed groups on Monday took over parts of Timbuktu to prevent Malian interim authorities from being installed there, under a peace pact meant to end years of lawlessness, the defence ministry said.