COAT OF ARMS
Government: Multiparty Democracy
Current President: Arthur Peter Mutharika
Population: 17,377,000 (2014)
Land Size: 118,484 sq km (45,747 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Sat - Mar 25, 2017: Phalombe Crowned Volleyball Champions - AllAfrica News: Malawi
[Malawi News Agency] Blantyre -Phalombe Volleyball Team are champions after defeating Mulomba and Migowi volleyball teams at Mulomba in Phalombe.
- Fri - Mar 24, 2017: Agriculture Top Official Denied Bail Over 'Maizegate' - AllAfrica News: Malawi
[Nyasa Times] A magistrate court in Nsanje has refused to grant bail to ADMARC Marketing Officer in the district who faces charges of theft of 15, 121 kilogrammes of government maize and rice valued K4, 070,500.
- Fri - Mar 24, 2017: Former President Banda Addresses Members of U.S. Congress - AllAfrica News: Malawi
[Nyasa Times] Malawi's former president Joyce Banda on Tuesday, March 21, 2017, addressed some members of the United States Congress on Capitol Hill in Washington DC, United States of America.
- Fri - Mar 24, 2017: Ruling Party Has Thug-Like Leadership, Says Activist Manganya - AllAfrica News: Malawi
[Nyasa Times] Social commentator, activist and comedian Michael Usi , who is popularly known as 'Manganya', on Thursday night addressed the nation through a 40 minute radio speech which was delivered in a form of a Church sermon and somehow like a political rally with a background of people singing praise songs, cheering and ululations.
- Fri - Mar 24, 2017: Ignore Bushiri At Your Own Political Peril for 2019 Elections - AllAfrica News: Malawi
[Nyasa Times] Yes. You heard me correctly: ignore Bushiri at your own political peril (read political defeat). For some reasons, speculation is none of my anatomy but you see, Papa (or is it Pope?)Major 1 Prophet Shepard Bushiri ( due to space limitation accorded to this article, allow me to denote him with just "Bushiri" although all protocols have been observed - thus where I have used the name Bushiri barely without the associated colours and titles, please feel to add as many suffixes as you can) has more than count