COAT OF ARMS
Government: Multiparty Democracy
Current President: Arthur Peter Mutharika
Population: 17,377,000 (2014)
Land Size: 118,484 sq km (45,747 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Thu - Jun 22, 2017: African Problems Need African Solutions - Prophet Bushiri - AllAfrica News: Malawi
[Nyasa Times] African development challenges can best be solved by African solution, youthful billionaire South Africa-based Malawian prophet Prophet Shepherd Bushiri has told a US based online paper, panafricanvisions.com.
- Thu - Jun 22, 2017: Coach Seizes Blantyre United Equipment Over Unpaid Dues - AllAfrica News: Malawi
[Nyasa Times] Suspended Blantyre United Coach Leo Mpulula has seized a team kit and balls as a way of forcing club management pay him his arrears.
- Thu - Jun 22, 2017: Wanderers, Silver Games Postponed - AllAfrica News: Malawi
[Nyasa Times] Super League of Malawi (Sulom) have confirmed the revision of this coming weekend fixtures.
- Thu - Jun 22, 2017: What's Next For Fired Agriculture Minister Chaponda? - AllAfrica News: Malawi
[Nyasa Times] The Public Affairs Committee (PAC), a quasi-religious body and governance watchdog, has formally adopted some of the recommendations delegates to 5+1 All-Inclusive Stakeholders Conference in Blantyre made to President Peter Mutharika's administration, including independence of oversight institutions such as the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) and Malawi Human Rights Commission (MHRC).
- Thu - Jun 22, 2017: IMF Extends Loan Program - AllAfrica News: Malawi
[Nyasa Times] The International Monetary Fund (IMF) approved a US$ 26.9 Million (about K19.7 billion at current exchange rate) for Malawi after concluding ninth review of the Extended Credit Facility programme (ECF) , a tool for medium-term financial support, aimed at low income member states .