COAT OF ARMS
Government: Multiparty Democracy
Current President: Arthur Peter Mutharika
Population: 19,842,560 (2018)
Land Size: 118,484 sq km (45,747 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Wed - Dec 11, 2019: UK-Based Malawians in Cervical Cancer Screening Campaign - AllAfrica News: Malawi
[Nyasa Times] Malawi Health Care Support (Mahecas) which is a grouping of Malawians based in United Kingdom. (UK) has partnered doctors from Queen Elizabeth Central Hospital (QECH) and the College of Medicine (CoM) on a cervical cancer screening campaign in Chikwawa.
- Wed - Dec 11, 2019: Coach Gilbert Chirwa Upbeat Mzuni FC Will Survive Relegation - AllAfrica News: Malawi
[Nyasa Times] TNM Super League outfit, Mzuni Football Club (FC) has said it is optimistic to survive the league's chop despite one of its fellow relegation threatened side, Dwangwa United FC winning on Tuesday.
- Wed - Dec 11, 2019: World Bank Approves Social Support and Resilient Project Grant - AllAfrica News: Malawi
[Nyasa Times] Minister of Finance, Economic Planning and Development Joseph Mwanamvekha who has expressed optimism for possible resumption of direct budget support has another good news that World Bank board of directors has approved Malawi Social Support and Resilient Project $ 125 million grant.
- Wed - Dec 11, 2019: Kasungu Prepares for Fall Army Worms - AllAfrica News: Malawi
[Malawi News Agency] Kasungu -Kasungu District Agriculture Development Office says it is ready to deal with fall armyworms that cause devastating damage to crops in the district.
- Wed - Dec 11, 2019: MPs Storm Another School Over Land Encroachment - AllAfrica News: Malawi
[Nyasa Times] A joint parliamentary committee of Legal Affairs, Education and Transport and Public Infrastructure, which is probing the encroachment of public institutions' land, including the alleged Livimbo school land sale stormed another public school in Lilongwe over allegations that it had been encroached.