COAT OF ARMS
Government: Multiparty Democracy
Current President: Arthur Peter Mutharika
Population: 17,377,000 (2014)
Land Size: 118,484 sq km (45,747 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Wed - May 24, 2017: Blunt Bullets Target Kangunje - AllAfrica News: Malawi
[Nyasa Times] Nyasa Big Bullets have set their eyes on former Civo United striker Nelson Kangunje who terminated his two years contract at Mozambican Mocambola outfit Costo do Sol.
- Wed - May 24, 2017: Footballer Linje Excited By Flames Duty Call Up - AllAfrica News: Malawi
[Nyasa Times] Be Forward Wanderers midfielder Jabulani Linje says he is excited to be called for national duties for the second time.
- Wed - May 24, 2017: Citizens Warned Against Aiding Foreigners to Get National IDs - AllAfrica News: Malawi
[Nyasa Times] Civic education experts are warning Malawians against aiding foreigners to get national IDs as the exercise gets underway Wednesday.
- Wed - May 24, 2017: Telecoms Firm Contributes Towards Anti-Corruption Conference - AllAfrica News: Malawi
[Nyasa Times] Malawi's integrated mobile network and ICT service provider TNM has donatedK2.4 million to Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) in support of the seventh Annual General Meeting and conference for Commonwealth heads of Anti-Corruption Agencies in Africa slated for May 29 to June 2, 2017 at Sunbird Nkopola in Mangochi.
- Wed - May 24, 2017: Archbishop Ziyaye Celebrates 25 Years of Episcopate - AllAfrica News: Malawi
[Nyasa Times] Archbishop Tarcisious Ziyaye of Lilongwe on Tuesday celebrated his silver jubilee of episcopate with a call to catholic faithful to continue serving the Lord with love and dedication.