COAT OF ARMS
Government: Untiary Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Andry Rojoelina
Population: 26,955,737 (2020)
Land Size: 587,041 sq km (226,658 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Fri - Sep 11, 2020: A Higher-Yield Rice Variety Moves Madagascar Further On the Path to Self-Sufficiency - AllAfrica News: Madagascar
[FAO] How South-South Cooperation helps ensure food security for family farmers
- Mon - Sep 7, 2020: Madagascar Covid-19 Response Development Policy Financing - AllAfrica News: Madagascar
[World Bank] IDA Development Policy Credit: US$ 75 million equivalent
- Mon - Sep 7, 2020: World Bank Provides $75 Million to Mitigate the Impacts of Covid-19 and Support Recovery - AllAfrica News: Madagascar
[World Bank] Washington -- The World Bank Board of Directors recently approved a US$75 million development policy operation for Madagascar to mitigate the impact of the COVID-19 crisis.
- Thu - Sep 3, 2020: Foreign Agriculture Investments Don't Always Threaten Food Security - A Case Study - AllAfrica News: Madagascar
[The Conversation Africa] Large-scale land acquisitions have been increasing in developing countries following the 2007/8 high food price crisis. Countries with limited agricultural potential, like Gulf states, have been driving foreign acquisitions in developing countries. Many developing country governments see these investments as an opportunity to increase foreign direct investment and employment opportunities for rural communities.
- Mon - Aug 31, 2020: Press Briefing Notes On Madagascar - AllAfrica News: Madagascar
[OHCHR] Geneva -- Spokesperson for the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights: Rupert Colville