COAT OF ARMS
Government: Untiary Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Hery Martial Rajaonarimampianina
Population: 24,430,325 (2016)
Land Size: 587,041 sq km (226,658 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Sun - Apr 22, 2018: Tense Standoff Between Security Services and Protesters - AllAfrica News: Madagascar
[Deutsche Welle] Demonstrators took to the streets of the capital in protest of a new electoral law they say is too restrictive. The administration of President Rajaonarimampianina has been marred by allegations of corruption.
- Sat - Apr 21, 2018: Tana High-Level Forum On Peace, Security in Africa Opens - AllAfrica News: Madagascar
[ENA] The 7th Tana High-level Forum on Peace and Security in Africa kicked off in Bahir Dar, Ethiopia, this afternoon.
- Sat - Apr 21, 2018: Tana High-Level Forum to Kick Off Tomorrow - AllAfrica News: Madagascar
[ENA] The 7th Tana High-Level Forum on Security in Africa will kick off tomorrow in the city of Bahir Dar, Ethiopia.
- Fri - Apr 20, 2018: President of the Republic to Partake in High-Level Tana Forum in Ethiopia - AllAfrica News: Madagascar
[SNA] Khartoum -President of the Republic, Field Marshal Omer Al-Bashir is due to head to Ethiopia , Friday chairing Sudan delegation to the high-level Tana Forum on Peace and Security in Africa, scheduled to convene in Bahir Dar town in Ethiopia , April 21-22.
- Thu - Apr 12, 2018: Measuring the Economic Impact of Cyclones in Madagascar - AllAfrica News: Madagascar
[The Conversation Africa] Madagascar, Africa's largest island, is naturally prone to cyclones. Earlier this year it was hit by one named Ava - a category three cyclone that killed at least 50 people, displaced over 50,000 and caused huge damage. And just this month another cyclone triggered flooding in the north of the country.