COAT OF ARMS
Government: Untiary Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Andry Rojoelina
Population: 26,955,737 (2020)
Land Size: 587,041 sq km (226,658 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Fri - Jul 3, 2020: Govt Awaits Grant to Conduct Research On Madagascar Herb - AllAfrica News: Madagascar
[Daily Trust] The Minister of Health, Osagie Ehanire, says the Federal Government is waiting for a grant to conduct further research on the Madagascar herbal formula for COVID-19.
- Fri - Jul 3, 2020: Madagascar's COVID-19 Mixture Contains Mainly Anti-Malaria Components - Health Minister - AllAfrica News: Madagascar
[Premium Times] Findings from the analysis of COVID Organics shows that it largely contains anti-malaria components, the Minister of Health, Osagie Ehanire, said on Thursday.
- Sat - Jun 27, 2020: The Critical Role of Women in Avoiding a COVID-19 "Food Pandemic" in Sub-Saharan Africa - AllAfrica News: Madagascar
[IPS] Antananarivo -- As infections with Covid-19 appear to be intensifying in sub-Saharan Africa (SSA), fears of severe food shortages have prompted experts to warn that the region may be "on the brink of a hunger pandemic." Efforts are intensifying to rally a major global response.
- Thu - Jun 25, 2020: Artemisia Shows 'Promise' Against COVID-19 in Lab Tests, Say Researchers - AllAfrica News: Madagascar
[RFI] Scientists in Germany released data on Wednesday from laboratory tests showing that extracts of the artemisia plant are active against the virus causing Covid-19. The research is separate from claims by Madagascar's President Andry Rajoelina about the Covid-Organics herbal tea, but perhaps provides more of a scientific basis for clinical trials and research.
- Mon - Jun 15, 2020: From Maternal Health to COVID-19 - How a WhatsApp Service Became Essential for Millions - AllAfrica News: Madagascar
[allAfrica] Cape Town -- Covid-19 Connect, a WhatsApp service that provides users with relevant information to help make informed and effective decisions during the pandemic, was developed by Praekelt.org for South Africa, but the organisation's experience with digital health technology like MomConnect allowed it to gain the attention of the World Health Organisation. The WHO and Praekelt then launched HealthAlert, the dedicated messaging service in Arabic, English, French, Hindi, Italian, Spanish and Portuguese for the world.