COAT OF ARMS
Government: Untiary Semi-Presidential Republic
Current President: Hery Martial Rajaonarimampianina
Population: 24,430,325 (2016)
Land Size: 587,041 sq km (226,658 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Wed - Jul 26, 2017: No More Fish? We'll Farm Seaweed Instead - AllAfrica News: Madagascar
[Deutsche Welle] Tampolove -The collapse of fisheries, decline of coral reefs and drought are all hitting Madagascar hard. But fishermen are coping with scarce and stressed resources in the Indian Ocean by coming up with new alternatives.
- Mon - Jul 24, 2017: Madagascar Stun Mozambique, Book Angola Date - AllAfrica News: Madagascar
[CAF] Madagascar recorded a shocking 2-0 win over Mozambique away in Maputo on Sunday to book a date with Angola at the final round of the qualifiers for the Total African Nations Championship (CHAN) Kenya 2018.
- Wed - Jul 19, 2017: Largest Free Trade Area for Africa Still Elusive - AllAfrica News: Madagascar
[Citizen] Arusha -The formal launch of the once touted the mega economic bloc for Africa, the Tripartite Free Trade Area (FTA), faces further delay because only one country has so far ratified its creation out of 19 member states.
- Wed - Jul 12, 2017: Xavier Names 22 Players for 'Operation Beat Madagascar' - AllAfrica News: Madagascar
[CAF] Mozambique coach Abel Xavier has named a 22-man squad ahead of their Total African Nations Championship (CHAN) Kenya 2018 Second Round First leg clash away to Madagascar this weekend.
- Mon - Jul 10, 2017: Filming The Country's Lawless Red Zones - AllAfrica News: Madagascar
[RFI] In southern Madagascar's "Red Zones" armed bandits known as the Dahalo thrive on cattle-rustling with little interference from the police. TV producer Jamie Welham talks about meeting them, describing his job is like juggling several balls in the air while walking a tight rope.