COAT OF ARMS
Government: Provisional Government
Population: 6.4 million (UN 2011)
Land Size: 1.77 million sq km (685,524 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Fri - Sep 22, 2017: FM Takes Part in High Level Meeting Concerning UN Strategy for Libya - AllAfrica News: Libya
[SNA] New York -On sidelines of the activities of 72 session of the UN general assembly, Foreign Minister, Prof. Ibrahim Ghandour, accompanied by the undersecretary of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Abdul-Ghani al-Naeem have participated in the high level meeting concerning the strategy of the UN on Libya, organized and chaired by the UN Secretary General, Mr. Antonio Guterres, yesterday, Wednesday, at the UN headquarter in New York.
- Thu - Sep 21, 2017: UN Offers Up New Strategy to Advance Peace, Stability in Libya - AllAfrica News: Libya
[UN News] Secretary-General António Guterres today launched a United Nations strategy to help bring about peace and stability in Libya and end a protracted crisis that has caused immense suffering and contributed to instability beyond the country's borders.
- Wed - Sep 20, 2017: Skhirat Agreement Remains 'Inescapable Reference Point' to Stabilize Libya - UN Special Envoy - AllAfrica News: Libya
[MAP] New York -For the United Nations, the UN-brokered agreement signed by Libyan parties in the Moroccan city of Skhirat in December 2015 remains the "inescapable reference point" to stabilize Libya, Special Representative and Head of the United Nations Support Mission in Libya (UNSMIL), Ghassan Salamé, said Tuesday in New York.
- Wed - Sep 20, 2017: Foreign Minister Affirms Importance of Coordination of International and Regional Efforts for Solving Libyan Crisis - AllAfrica News: Libya
[SNA] New York -The Foreign Minister, Prof. Ibrahim Ghandour, has underscored the importance of the coordination of the international and regional efforts for solving the Libyan crisis and encouraging the Libyan brothers to surpass the controversial issues through Sukhayrat agreement.
- Mon - Sep 18, 2017: Libya Returns 170 Sudanese Migrants to Khartoum - AllAfrica News: Libya
[Radio Dabanga] Khartoum -On Thursday, the Libyan authorities, in cooperation with the International Organisation for Migration (IOM), returned 170 Sudanese migrants as part of a voluntary repatriation programme.