COAT OF ARMS
Government: Provisional Government
Population: 6.4 million (UN 2011)
Land Size: 1.77 million sq km (685,524 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Thu - Jul 20, 2017: Incitement Against Religious Minority - AllAfrica News: Libya
[HRW] Beirut -The Supreme Fatwa Committee linked to one of Libya's competing governments should repeal a discriminatory legal edict accusing 'Ibadi faith followers in Libya of "deviance" and adherence to an "infidel" doctrine, Human Rights Watch said today. The government linked to the committee, the Interim Government based in Al-Bayda, and parliament have yet to respond publicly to this edict.
- Mon - Jul 10, 2017: Bodies of 19 Egyptian Migrants Found in Libyan Desert - AllAfrica News: Libya
[Deutsche Welle] The Red Crescent humanitarian body has said it recovered the decomposed bodies of 19 Egyptian migrants. They appear to have been smuggled into Libya but it remained unclear where they were going when they died.
- Sun - Jul 9, 2017: Dozens of Refugees Feared Drowned Off Coast - AllAfrica News: Libya
[Al Jazeera] At least 35 refugees, including seven children, were feared drowned after their inflatable boat sank on Saturday off the Libyan coast.
- Fri - Jul 7, 2017: Daunting Task Awaits Zamalek Against Ahly Tripoli - AllAfrica News: Libya
[CAF] Five-time winners, Zamalek, face a daunting task this weekend when they take on Libyan visitors, Ahly Tripol in Alexandria, as Group B enters homestretch.
- Fri - Jul 7, 2017: Nigeria, Libya Oil Output Threaten Global Market - AllAfrica News: Libya
[Vanguard] The increase crude oil output by both Nigeria and Libya has posed a threat to the global market, even as there are indications that the global oil market may see some rebound in the second half of the year. International Energy Agency, IEA, Chief, Fatih Birol, told Reuters in an interview that the development is seen as a distortion to global market.