COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: TripoliGovernment: Provisional Government
Chairman of the Presidential Council: Fayez al-Sarraj
Population: 6,754,507 (2018)
Land Size: 1.77 million sq km (685,524 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Wed - Apr 8, 2020: UN Condemns Attack On Hospital for COVID-19 Patients in Libya's Capital - AllAfrica News: Libya
[Ghanaian Times] A United Nations (UN) official condemned the recent attack on a hospital for coronavirus (COVID-19) patients in the Libyan capital Tripoli, saying it is a clear violation of international humanitarian law.
- Tue - Apr 7, 2020: Hundreds Killed As Libya Marks Year of Conflict - AllAfrica News: Libya
[CAJ News] Tripoli -AT least 356 people have been killed and 329 injured since the rebel Libyan National Army (LNA) launched an offensive to seize Tripoli, Libya's capital, a year ago.
- Mon - Apr 6, 2020: Coronavirus, Conflict Threaten Thousands of Refugees, Migrants Detained in Libya - AllAfrica News: Libya
[VOA] The U.N. refugee agency warns thousands of refugees and migrants detained in sub-standard facilities in Libya are threatened by COVID-19 and the ongoing conflict in the country, and should be released.
- Fri - Apr 3, 2020: Ras Jedir - Repatriation of Hundreds of Tunisians From Libya Postponed - AllAfrica News: Libya
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -The repatriation of Tunisians from Libya through the Ras Jedir border crossing scheduled for Thursday has been postponed to Friday morning due to the continuous flow of expatriates, governor of Medenine Habib Chaouat told TAP.
- Mon - Mar 30, 2020: Detainees At Risk of Coronavirus Spread - AllAfrica News: Libya
[HRW] Beirut -As Libyan authorities confirmed three COVID-19 cases in the country as of March 28, 2020, they need to be prepared to limit the spread of the virus in overcrowded detention facilities and shelters for displaced people, Human Rights Watch said today.