COAT OF ARMS
Government: Provisional Government
Population: 6.4 million (UN 2011)
Land Size: 1.77 million sq km (685,524 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Wed - May 24, 2017: Tripoli Hold Zamalek - AllAfrica News: Libya
[The Herald] Five-time African champions Zamalek were held to a surprise goalless draw by Al Ahli Tripoli in a CAF Champions League Group B encounter in Tunisia last night. The Libyan side have to play their matches in Tunisia because of unrest in their country. Having fallen to a 0-3 defeat at the hands of USM Alger of Algeria in their first match, Al Ahli Tripoli were expected to be easy prey for Zamalek.
- Wed - May 24, 2017: 1,500 Medical Professionals to Get Jobs in Libya - AllAfrica News: Libya
[Monitor] Kampala -Arrangements have been finalised for Ugandan medical professionals to get employment in Libya, in the move to enhance the fight against unemployment in the country.
- Tue - May 23, 2017: UN Refugee Agency Ramps Up Response As Libya's Humanitarian Crisis Deepens - AllAfrica News: Libya
[UN News] Conflict, insecurity, political instability and a collapsing economy have contributed to the deteriorating humanitarian crisis in Libya, prompting the United Nations refugee agency to announce plans to step-up its presence and programmes there.
- Mon - May 22, 2017: Statement By the Spokesperson On the Attack At the Brak Al-Shati Air Base in Libya - AllAfrica News: Libya
[PR Newswire] Brussels -Violence is not a solution to Libya's challenges. It can only put at risk the ongoing work to find a peaceful and negotiated solution to the political and security crisis.
- Mon - May 22, 2017: Joint Statement On the Recent Violence Around Brak Al-Shatti Airbase - AllAfrica News: Libya
[PR Newswire] London -Joint Statement by the Ambassadors to Libya of the People's Republic of China, France, the Russian Federation, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, and the United States of America on the recent violence around Brak Al-Shatti airbase.