COAT OF ARMS
Government: Provisional Government
Population: 6.4 million (UN 2011)
Land Size: 1.77 million sq km (685,524 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Fri - Apr 28, 2017: UN Secretary General Envoy to Libya Visits Sudan - AllAfrica News: Libya
[SNA] Khartoum -The United Nations Secretary General Envoy to Libya, Martin Kobler will pay important visit to Sudan, next, Sunday, during which he will meet Foreign Minister, Prof. Ibrahim Ghandour and a number of government senior officials.
- Fri - Apr 28, 2017: Equatorial Guinea's Nguema Blames Africa's Woes On Disunity, Hails Gaddafi - AllAfrica News: Libya
[Monitor] Entebbe -The Equatorial Guinea President Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo, said on Wednesday night that the African continent has potential to transform from its current state of hopelessness into a modernized part of the world but disunity among the 55 states was among the key problems limiting its progress.
- Thu - Apr 27, 2017: Returnees From Libya Form Association to Fight Against 'Backway' - AllAfrica News: Libya
[Daily Observer] The fourth batch of Gambian returnees from Libya, comprising of 169 people recently gathered to form an association, designed to discourage youth from embarking on the perilous journey. The increasing number of youth embarking on the journey to Europe through the harsh deserts and across the Mediterranean sea commonly referred to as the 'Backway' in The Gambia, in recent years is a cause for concern.
- Thu - Apr 27, 2017: Again, 253 Repatriated From Libya - AllAfrica News: Libya
[Daily Trust] Lagos -Barely one week after report went viral that African immigrants were being sold as slaves in Libya, more stranded Nigerians were on Tuesday evacuated from the North African country.
- Wed - Apr 26, 2017: ICC Unseals Warrant for Libya's Gaddafi-Era Official - AllAfrica News: Libya
[Al Jazeera] The International Criminal Court (ICC) has unsealed an arrest warrant for Libya's former security chief, accusing him of carrying out war crimes in 2011 to stop opposition against the country's former leader Muammar Gaddafi.