COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: TripoliGovernment: Provisional Government
Chairman of the Presidential Council: Fayez al-Sarraj
Population: 6,653,210 (2017)
Land Size: 1.77 million sq km (685,524 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Fri - Feb 15, 2019: NEMA Receives 160 Nigerians From Libya - AllAfrica News: Libya
[Guardian] The National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) has received another batch of 160 stranded Nigerians from Libya.
- Thu - Feb 14, 2019: Al-Qaeda in Libya Hit With US Airstrike - AllAfrica News: Libya
[RFI] Libya's Government of National Accord (GNA) have said that the US carried out an airstrike against Al-Qaeda on Wednesday night in southern Libya.
- Sun - Feb 10, 2019: Army Captures Hundreds of Rebels After French Airstrikes - AllAfrica News: Libya
[Deutsche Welle] French and Chadian airstrikes have allowed the Chadian army to take some 250 rebels into custody. The rebel group had been making its way into Chad from Libya in a convoy of about 50 vehicles.
- Thu - Feb 7, 2019: Doctors, Patients Killed in Raging Libya War - AllAfrica News: Libya
[CAJ News] Tripoli -AT least six health workers and patients have been killed in recent weeks during increasing attacks on health facilities in Libya. Some 25 doctors have been injured during the 41 attacks documented.
- Tue - Feb 5, 2019: Libyan Photojournalist Killed By Shelling During Tripoli Clashes - AllAfrica News: Libya
[CPJ] New York -The killing of freelancer Mohamed Ben Khalifa in Libya underscores the dangers for photojournalists working in conflict zones, the Committee to Protect Journalists said today. Ben Khalifa, a photographer who contributed to outlets including The Associated Press, was killed during clashes south of Tripoli on January 19, according to news reports, local press organizations and the United Nations Support Mission in Libya.