COAT OF ARMS
Government: Provisional Government
Population: 6.4 million (UN 2011)
Land Size: 1.77 million sq km (685,524 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Sat - Mar 25, 2017: TV Channel Attacked, Burned - AllAfrica News: Libya
[CPJ] New York -Armed men attacked the Tripoli office of the Libyan TV channel Al-Nabaa and set the building on fire, according to journalists for the station, news reports, and the Libyan Center for Freedom of the Press, an advocacy group.
- Fri - Mar 24, 2017: 'We Can No Longer Turn Our Backs' On Communities Affected By Migration Crisis in Libya - UN Agency Chief - AllAfrica News: Libya
[UN News] The top United Nations migration official is visiting Tripoli to discuss the complex migration and displacement situation with hopes of shoring up technical support to foster a stable environment.
- Fri - Mar 24, 2017: Another Batch of Stranded Nigerians Deported From Libya - AllAfrica News: Libya
[This Day] Another batch of Nigerians, numbering about 155 on Thursday arrived Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA) in Lagos from Libya after unsuccessful attempts to cross to Europe.
- Wed - Mar 22, 2017: War Crimes As Benghazi Residents Flee - AllAfrica News: Libya
[HRW] Tunis -Libyan National Army (LNA) forces may have committed war crimes, including killing and beating civilians, and summarily executing and desecrating bodies of opposition fighters in the eastern city of Benghazi on and around March 18, 2017, Human Rights Watch said today. The army forces allegedly intercepted civilians trying to flee a besieged neighborhood, some accompanied by opposition fighters, and the whereabouts of some civilians are unknown.
- Thu - Mar 16, 2017: Visit of Chairman of Libyan Presidential Council to the Country Postponed - AllAfrica News: Libya
[SNA] Khartoum -Foreign Ministry announced on Wednesday , that the visit of the Chairman of the Libyan Presidential Council, Fayez Al-Siraj to Sudan, scheduled to start today, was adjourned due to emergency conditions in Libya that prevented him from moving from Libyan capital , Tripoli.