COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Presidential Republic
Current President: George Weah
Population: 4,809,768 (2018)
Land Size: 99,067 sq km (38,250 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Thu - Apr 25, 2019: Foya, Kolahun Districts, Suffer Acute Water Shortage - AllAfrica News: Liberia
[Observer] Widespread and acute water shortages continue to affect the densely populated districts of Foya and Kolahun in Lofa County. Residents in the two districts on March 28, 2019, told the Daily Observer that since the dry season started sometime last year, most of the hand pumps constructed by aid agencies in the early 1990s have run dry having outlived their usefulness.
- Wed - Apr 24, 2019: Weah 'Shocks' Liberian Media - AllAfrica News: Liberia
[NEWS] President Dr. George Manneh Weah Saturday, April 20, 2019, shocked the Liberian media particularly the Female Journalists Association (FeJAL) when he presented a newly constructed and furnished building to the association.
- Wed - Apr 24, 2019: MCC Urges Monrovia Residents Never to Give-Up - AllAfrica News: Liberia
[NEWS] The City Government of Monrovia has called on Liberians to see peace as a gateway to national development and called for a collective effort in its drive towards a systematic waste management.
- Wed - Apr 24, 2019: Protemp Chie Refutes Media Report - AllAfrica News: Liberia
[NEWS] The President Pro-tempore of the Liberian Senate, Prof. Albert T. Chie has termed as falsehood and broad-day lies information aired on the Costa Show and simultaneously reported in the Frontpage Africa newspaper during the week of April 1-6, 2019 that he was involved in several acts of impropriety when he served as Assistant Minister of the Ministry of Lands, Mines and Energy more than ten 10 years ago.
- Wed - Apr 24, 2019: Guineans Aggressively Buying U.S. Dollars From Liberia - Offer High Buying Rates - AllAfrica News: Liberia
[FrontPageAfrica] Ganta, Nimba County -The bordering city of Ganta in Nimba County has now become a place where Guinean nationals are flocking from across the border to come and buy the 'almighty United States dollars.'