COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: MonroviaGovernment: Unitary Presidential Republic
Current President: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf
Population: 4.1 million (UN 2011)
Land Size: 99,067 sq km (38,250 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Sun - Apr 22, 2018: Former Police Chief Under Probe for Journalist's Death - AllAfrica News: Liberia
[FrontPageAfrica] Monrovia -Atty. Chris Massaquoi, former Inspector General of the Liberia National Police, has been invited by the Police for questioning in connection with the murder of journalist Tyron Brown.
- Fri - Apr 20, 2018: Nigeria Trains 36 LEC Employees in Several Professional Areas - AllAfrica News: Liberia
[Observer] Thirty-six employees of the Liberia Electricity Corporation (LEC) have completed a two-week "intensive training" in Nigeria in several professional areas, to enhance productivity of the corporation.
- Fri - Apr 20, 2018: Min. Wolokollie Wants Liberians Distribute, Retail Manufactured Goods - AllAfrica News: Liberia
[Observer] Deputy Commerce Minister for Small Business Administration Jemima Wolokollie says in order to create a level playing field in the business community, Liberian entrepreneurs must be the distributors and retailers of manufactured goods, whether produced in the country or imported from abroad.
- Fri - Apr 20, 2018: Scuffles At Capitol As Disabled Demand Audience With Speaker Chambers - AllAfrica News: Liberia
[Observer] A group of physically challenged Liberians under the banner of Disabled Like Minds for Good Governance, led by Samuel Dean yesterday congregated on Capitol Hill in Monrovia, to present a petition to House Speaker Bhofal Chambers. Their purpose was however thwarted by scuffles with the House's Sergeant-at-arms who hurled invectives not worthy of mention here.
- Fri - Apr 20, 2018: Margibi's New Superintendent - 'Power Will Not Change Me' - AllAfrica News: Liberia
[Observer] Margibi County new Superintendent Jerry Varnie has assured Margibians of his preparedness not to let 'power' turn him around, most especially against the residents, who he has come to serve.