COAT OF ARMS
|Capital: MonroviaGovernment: Unitary Presidential Republic
Current President: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf
Population: 4.1 million (UN 2011)
Land Size: 99,067 sq km (38,250 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Thu - Nov 23, 2017: 'Clear Stupidity' - AllAfrica News: Liberia
[NEWS] President Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf has termed as 'clear stupidity' rumors that she has a hospital in South Africa.
- Thu - Nov 23, 2017: 'Henry Costa Lied' - AllAfrica News: Liberia
[NEWS] A claim by Henry Costa that his vehicle was attacked by fire arm has been disproved by forensic investigators of the Liberia National Police (LNP) and United Nations Mission in Liberia (UNMIL).
- Thu - Nov 23, 2017: Iredd Commends NEC for Urgency in Hearing Election Disputes - AllAfrica News: Liberia
[FrontPageAfrica] Monrovia -The Institute for Research and Democratic Development (IREDD) has stated that it welcomes the urgency with which the National Elections Commission (NEC) has accorded the election dispute hearing processes. IREDD called on NEC to exercise impartiality, professionalism and urgency to bring the matter to a close.
- Thu - Nov 23, 2017: All Set to Turn Over to Next Administration for Continuation of Liberia's Progress - AllAfrica News: Liberia
[FrontPageAfrica] Monrovia -Amid the continuous political wrangling that followed the October 10, 2017 elections, President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf said her government has made significant progress and is ready to turn over to a new administration to continue with the gains made under her twelve-year leadership that will come to an end in January, 2018.
- Thu - Nov 23, 2017: Judge Willie Urges Trial Judges to Abide By Ethics of Profession - AllAfrica News: Liberia
[FrontPageAfrica] Monrovia -There have been reports linking judges in Liberia to corruption, something the President of Trial Judges said is due to failure of Liberian judges to uphold the ethics of the profession.