COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Presidential Republic
Current President: George Weah
Population: 5,073,296 (2020)
Land Size: 99,067 sq km (38,250 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Fri - Sep 18, 2020: Safety of Journalists Must Be Ensured, Says PUL President - AllAfrica News: Liberia
[Observer] In wake of constant electoral violence permeating in Liberia, especially during this pending midterm senatorial election, the President of the Press Union of Liberia (PUL) has called on the Government to ensure the safety of journalists across the country who are covering the election.
- Fri - Sep 18, 2020: Solway Mining - Company Encroaching On Arcelormittal Concession Area Linked to Millionaire Within Putin's Russia Inner Circle - AllAfrica News: Liberia
[FrontPageAfrica] Monrovia -- A FrontPageAfrica investigation has found that Solway Mining Incorporated, the controversial company, aggressively encroaching on the steel giant, ArcelorMittal's iron ore concessions in Liberia, has been linked to Estonian multimillionaire businessman, Aleksandr Bronstein, who has strong ties to the inner circle of Russian President, Vladmir Putin, including Alexey Mordashov, owner of the failed Putu Mining Operations in Liberia.
- Fri - Sep 18, 2020: WAEC-Liberia to Expose Fraudulent School Administrators, As Montserrado Records Highest Number of Malpractices - AllAfrica News: Liberia
[FrontPageAfrica] Monrovia -- The head of the West African Examination Council (WAEC), Liberia Chapter Dale G. Gbotoe, reveal its planned to 'name and shame' school administrators who were caught in examination malpractice, during this year's West Africa Senior Secondary School Certificate Exam (WASSCE).
- Fri - Sep 18, 2020: Blame 'Benevolent Dictator' for Nwabudike Mess - AllAfrica News: Liberia
[FrontPageAfrica] The Editor,
- Fri - Sep 18, 2020: Pres. Weah Gives LPRC Managing Director Ultimatum to Submit Reports On Remittance of Petroleum Product to Suppliers After This Year's Acute Shortage - AllAfrica News: Liberia
[FrontPageAfrica] Monrovia -- President George Manneh Weah has given a one-week ultimatum to the Liberia Petroleum and Refining Company Managing Director, Marie Urey Coleman to produce a status report on remittance petroleum products.