COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Presidential Republic
Current President: George Weah
Population: 5,073,296 (2020)
Land Size: 99,067 sq km (38,250 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Tue - Jul 7, 2020: From Programmer to Gangster Boss - the Unbelievable Story of Paul Le Roux - AllAfrica News: Liberia
[DW] Crystal meth, weapons smuggling, contract killings, an attempted coup -- for Paul le Roux, no crime went too far. A New York court has now sentenced the gangster boss from Zimbabwe to 25 years in prison.
- Mon - Jul 6, 2020: China Boosts 14 Military Hospital With Over U.S.$3 Million Worth of Assorted Drugs, Equipment - AllAfrica News: Liberia
[FrontPageAfrica] Barclay Training Center -- The Government of the Peoples' Republic of Chinese has turned over three million United States Dollars' worth of drugs and equipment to the Ministry of National Defense for use by the 14 Military Hospital, located in Margibi County.
- Mon - Jul 6, 2020: MTN Group Announces New CEOs for MTN Cameroon and MTN Benin - AllAfrica News: Liberia
[FrontPageAfrica] South Africa -- MTN Group is pleased to announce the appointment of new chief executive officers for two of its West African operations, MTN Cameroon and MTN Benin. Stephen Blewett, the current CEO of MTN Benin, will take the helm at MTN Cameroon on 1 August 2020 while Uche Ofodile, the current CEO of Lonestar Cell MTN, will become the CEO of MTN Benin.
- Mon - Jul 6, 2020: Matters Arising From the Liberia National Bar Association's Expulsion of Cllr. Nwabudike - AllAfrica News: Liberia
[FrontPageAfrica] The LNBA's investigation started in the media with a press conference long before Cllr. Nwabudike was notified of an attempt to investigate his citizenship. It also ended in the media with a press conference without the benefit of LNBA communicating its finding to Cllr. Nwabudike. The LNBA's only letter to Cllr. Nwabudike of April 4, 2020, invited him to appear before the Bar's Grievance and Ethics Committee and prove himself innocent of the allegation of his failure to satisfactorily prove his Citizenship
- Mon - Jul 6, 2020: LACC Clears Gregory Coleman of Allegations of Payroll Paddling, Double Emolument - AllAfrica News: Liberia
[FrontPageAfrica] Monrovia -- The Liberia Anti-Corruption Commission (LACC) has cleared Gregory Coleman, the former Director General of the National Bureau of Concessions (NBC) of allegations of double emolument, payroll paddling and illegal disbursement of public monies.