COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Presidential Republic
Current President: George Weah
Population: 4,809,768 (2018)
Land Size: 99,067 sq km (38,250 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Wed - Dec 11, 2019: Hundreds Sign Brumskine's Book of Condolence - AllAfrica News: Liberia
[Observer] President George Weah on Tuesday led an array of present and government officials, to sign the book of condolence for former Senate Pro Tempore, Cllr. Charles Walker Brumskine in the Rotunda of the Capitol Building on Tuesday, October 10.
- Wed - Dec 11, 2019: Agriculture Value Chain Will Enhance Job Creation - AllAfrica News: Liberia
[Observer] Minister Augustus Flomo addresses participants at the 9th Summit of the African, Caribbean, and Pacific Heads of State and Government and Ministerial Discussion.
- Wed - Dec 11, 2019: Is a 'Step-Down Protest' Unconstitutional? - AllAfrica News: Liberia
[Observer] Since members of the "Council of Patriots" announced December 30 as a day of a nationwide protest to call on President George Weah to 'step down' from power, many people, mainly those of the ruling Coalition for Democratic Change (CDC) and other loyalists, have condemned the planned protest and described it as "Unconstitutional."
- Wed - Dec 11, 2019: BFF Calls for Trust Between Govt, Civil Service - AllAfrica News: Liberia
[Observer] Amid threats of imminent go-slow action expected to commence on December 16, 2019, Better Future Foundation (BFF), has appealed to the Consortium of Public Sector Workers Organizations to remain constructively engaged with the government in response to the workers' demands as contained in the October 23, 2019, seven-count Memorandum of Understanding (MoU).
- Wed - Dec 11, 2019: Linam Hosts Swedish Jazz Trio in Christmas Concert - AllAfrica News: Liberia
[Observer] The Liberia National Academy of Music (LINAM) in collaboration with the Swedish Embassy in Monrovia will present a night of Christmas Carols starring the Liberia Premier Choral Society and top Swedish musicians from the Royal Academy of Music, in Stockholm, Sweden.