COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Presidential Republic
Current President: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf
Population: 4.1 million (UN 2011)
Land Size: 99,067 sq km (38,250 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Tue - May 23, 2017: Licfo Urges Liberians to Vote One-China Policy - AllAfrica News: Liberia
[Observer] The Liberia-China Friendship Organization (LICFO) has called on Liberian voters to participate in the electoral process to elect individuals who will support and uphold the One-China Policy.
- Tue - May 23, 2017: 'New Orange Money Platform to Be Rolled Out' - AllAfrica News: Liberia
[Observer] The Deputy Chief Executive Officer of the Orange Group and Chairman and CEO of Orange Middle East and Africa, Bruno Mettling, announced to the group's many customers that the company is expected to roll out a new Orange Money platform which will bring a wide range of new services and features including bill payments, merchant payments, among others.
- Tue - May 23, 2017: BYC Seeks New Coach - AllAfrica News: Liberia
[Observer] The management of Barrack Young Controllers (BYC) has sacked Coach Cooper Sannah following the team's 2-1 loss to Nimba United on Saturday at the Blue Field.
- Tue - May 23, 2017: 'Angie Brooks Was Not Born to Be Forgotten' - AllAfrica News: Liberia
[Observer] Students, present and former Ministers of Education, other statesmen and women, veteran journalists Philip Wesseh and Kenneth Y. Best, among others over the weekend assembled at the Monrovia City Hall to witness the historic launch of the biography of Dr. Angie Elizabeth Brooks Randolph, authored and published by one of Liberia's seasoned educators, Sister Mary Laurene Brown, president of the Stella Maris Polytechnic.
- Tue - May 23, 2017: Cllr. Gloria Scott Earns Law Degree From Harvard - AllAfrica News: Liberia
[Observer] Former Chief Justice of Liberia Cllr. Gloria Musu has joined a small group of Liberians to have graduated from the prestigious Harvard Law School (HLS) of Harvard University. Cllr. Scott was recently part of HLS 2017 graduating class upon completing the prescribed courses for obtaining an LL.M degree.