COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy
Current King: King Letsie III
Population: 2.2 million (UN 2014)
Land Size: 30,355 sq km (11,720 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Sat - May 20, 2017: Lesotho PM Mosisili Must Sign Election Pledge, Churches Demand - AllAfrica News: Lesotho
[News24Wire] The Christian Council of Lesotho has reportedly demanded that Prime Minister Pakalithi Mosisili and his deputy Mothetjoa Metsing sign a pledge to accept the outcome of the upcoming general election.
- Thu - May 18, 2017: King Letsie III Hails Great Tourism Potential - AllAfrica News: Lesotho
[The Herald] Elita Chikwati -Zimbabwe's tourism sector has the potential to boost the SADC region's economic growth and there is need to boost ties in the area, with countries like Lesotho to enhance the prospects, visiting King Letsie III of Lesotho said yesterday. As such, King Letsie III, pledged his country's support to ensure Zimbabwe's tourism sector contributes positively towards the growth of the region's economy.
- Thu - May 18, 2017: VP Mphoko, King Letsie Gallivant in Victoria Falls - AllAfrica News: Lesotho
[New Zimbabwe] LESOTHO King Letsie III on Wednesday said he was mesmerized by the sight of the majestic Victoria Falls when he visited the resort town.
- Wed - May 17, 2017: King Letsie III of Lesotho Engages President Mugabe - AllAfrica News: Lesotho
[The Herald] President Mugabe yesterday met King Letsie III of Lesotho at State House, where they held high-level talks on various issues to enhance bilateral cooperation and cordial relations between the two countries. The meeting, which was part of King Letsie III's four-day State visit, lasted for more than two hours. Though details of the meeting could not be obtained, King Letsie III indicated on Monday that he intended to thank President Mugabe for his wise leadership which helped stabilise the political situatio
- Wed - May 17, 2017: Lesotho King To Seek Help From Mugabe On Elections - Report - AllAfrica News: Lesotho
[News24Wire] Lesotho's king Letsie III is apparently in Zimbabwe to consult President Robert Mugabe, 93, on how best his country can manage elections to end the turmoil that has continued to characterise the mountain kingdom, a report says.