COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy
Current King: King Letsie III
Population: 1,969,334 (2020)
Land Size: 30,355 sq km (11,720 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Fri - Sep 18, 2020: Japan to Provide Food Assistance to 154,000 School Children in Lesotho - AllAfrica News: Lesotho
[WFP] MASERU- The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) welcomes the Japanese Government contribution of JPY 250 Million (equivalent to about US$ 2.3 Million) that will enable WFP to strengthen food assistance to some 94,000 primary school and 60,000 pre-primary school learners, through the Government of Lesotho's national school feeding programme.
- Wed - Sep 16, 2020: Legitimacy of Financial Intelligence Unit Director's Post Questioned - AllAfrica News: Lesotho
[Lesotho Times] The Public Accounts Committee on Monday questioned the legitimacy of the Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) director, Palesa Khabele and said her post was a duplication of roles with that of the Finance ministry's principal secretary.
- Wed - Sep 16, 2020: Ruling Party in Fresh War Over Police Chief Molibeli - AllAfrica News: Lesotho
[Lesotho Times] THE national executive committee (NEC) of the ruling All Basotho Convention (ABC) is under fire from party stalwarts loyal to party leader and former Prime Minister Thomas Thabane who accuse it of connivance in a plot to protect Police Commissioner Holomo Molibeli from dismissal.
- Wed - Sep 16, 2020: Govt Must Act Now Against Police Brutality - Analysts - AllAfrica News: Lesotho
[Lesotho Times] A FORTNIGHT ago, one person was allegedly tortured to death by police in Mafeteng. Three other cases of police brutality were reported in different parts of the country that same period.
- Wed - Sep 16, 2020: Magistrates Blast 'Vindictive' Sekoai - AllAfrica News: Lesotho
[Lesotho Times] The fallout over the recruitment of new judges continued this week with the country's magistrates accusing the Judicial Service Commission (JSC) secretary, Advocate 'Mathato Sekoai, of using the issue to fight her own personal battles with them.