COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy
Current King: King Letsie III
Population: 1,969,334 (2020)
Land Size: 30,355 sq km (11,720 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Fri - Jun 11, 2021: Political Meddling Threatens African Judges - AllAfrica News: Lesotho
[Legalbrief] In Lesotho, five judicial nominations by the Judicial Service Commission were refused ratification by King Letsie III in September 2020. The government eventually appointed a new JSC headed by a new Chief Justice, but even that has failed to resolve the problem: citing financial difficulties, the government has put all new appointments on hold. As a report by the SADC Lawyers' Association noted in March, the problems of Lesotho are about lack of resources almost more than anything else.
- Fri - Jun 11, 2021: Optimized Treatment for Children in Lesotho - AllAfrica News: Lesotho
[E.G. Pediatric Aids Foundation] Optimized Arv Saves the Life of a 2-Year Old Girl
- Fri - Jun 11, 2021: Lesotho Diplomats Accused of Illegal Trade Given 72 Hours to Leave South Africa - AllAfrica News: Lesotho
[East African] At least 12 Lesotho diplomats and their spouses have until Sunday to wind up and leave South Africa after being expelled over the illicit peddling of duty-free alcohol.
- Fri - Jun 11, 2021: South Africa Expels 12 Lesotho Diplomats - AllAfrica News: Lesotho
[Nation] At least 12 Lesotho diplomats and their spouses have until Sunday to wind up and leave South Africa after being expelled over the illicit peddling of duty-free alcohol.
- Thu - Jun 10, 2021: Manyokole Corruption Trial Postponed - AllAfrica News: Lesotho
[Lesotho Times] Suspended Directorate on Corruption and Economic Offences (DCEO) Director General Mahlomola Manyokole's money laundering and corruption trial has been postponed to 28 June 2021 to give the DCEO time to finalise its investigations into the matter.