COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy
Current King: King Letsie III
Population: 2.2 million (UN 2014)
Land Size: 30,355 sq km (11,720 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Thu - Nov 23, 2017: Vodacom Unveils R80 Million Building in Lesotho - AllAfrica News: Lesotho
[CAJ News] Maseru -MOBILE operator, Vodacom, has launched the biggest green building in Lesotho at a cost of R80 million (US$5,76 million).
- Thu - Nov 23, 2017: Graca Machel Urges Better Nutrition for Mothers, Children - AllAfrica News: Lesotho
[allAfrica] Cape Town -One of every four children under five years old in southern Africa suffers from stunted growth in that they are too short for their age, often as a result of inadequate nutrition.
- Wed - Nov 22, 2017: Did Lesotho Ask Prophet Bushiri to Invest in Energy? - AllAfrica News: Lesotho
[Nyasa Times] A seven men strong delegation from Lesotho, led by deputy prime minister Monyane Moleleki, paid a curtesy call to Prophet Shepherd Bushiri on Monday where, among other important issues, they courted him to invest in their country, especially in the struggling energy sector.
- Fri - Nov 17, 2017: DC Takes Parly Fight to Court - AllAfrica News: Lesotho
[Lesotho Times] THE Democratic Congress (DC) and two other opposition parties have made good on their vow to challenge in court National Assembly Speaker Sephiri Motanyane's decision to thwart their bid to be regarded as the official opposition in the august house.
- Fri - Nov 17, 2017: Kamoli's Subpoena Bid Flops - AllAfrica News: Lesotho
[Lesotho Times] A DESPERATE bid to get bail for former Lesotho Defence Force (LDF) commander, Lieutenant General Tlali Kamoli, led his lawyer Advocate Letuka Molati to flout court procedures by subpoenaing high-profile witnesses that include Prime Minister Thomas Thabane.