COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy
Current King: King Letsie III
Population: 2.2 million (UN 2014)
Land Size: 30,355 sq km (11,720 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Tue - Jun 20, 2017: Why The Country's in Such a Mess and What To Do About It - AllAfrica News: Lesotho
[The Conversation Africa] In an interview following his recent return as Prime Minister of Lesotho, Tom Thabane has blamed the army for the country's chronic political instability. Stating that his previous administration (after an election in 2012) was "scuttled" by the army, he went on to say that he now intended to neutralise the Lesotho Defence Force, even if it means getting rid of it entirely.
- Mon - Jun 19, 2017: U.S., South Africa Acts for Maseru Show - AllAfrica News: Lesotho
[Lesotho Times] American musician WolfHawkJaguar and South Africans Spear of the Nation and Roots2000 are set to rock 4Fordy club in Khubetsoana as part of their So Beautiful Tour Southern Africa on 5 July.
- Mon - Jun 19, 2017: Standard Bank Invests in Children - AllAfrica News: Lesotho
[Lesotho Times] Mamohlakola Letuka and Bereng Mpaki
- Mon - Jun 19, 2017: LefA Explain Bahlanani Absence At Cosafa - AllAfrica News: Lesotho
[Lesotho Times] THE Lesotho Football Association (LeFA) says it will not be sending a team to the regional COSAFA Under-17 tournament in Mauritius next month because the competition would be too early for new coach who will be announced within the next two weeks.
- Mon - Jun 19, 2017: 'Lesotho Has a Lot of Bogus Parties' - AllAfrica News: Lesotho
[Lesotho Times] OF the 1 253 643 people registered with the Independent Electoral Commission (IEC) to vote, only 579 914 cast their votes in the 3 June 2017 National Assembly elections.