COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy
Current King: King Letsie III
Population: 1,958,042 (2017)
Land Size: 30,355 sq km (11,720 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Mon - Oct 15, 2018: Eleven Talking Points From the Uganda-Lesotho Game - AllAfrica News: Lesotho
[Monitor] Okwi's left foot
- Thu - Oct 11, 2018: The Tangled Web of the Lesotho Wool War - AllAfrica News: Lesotho
[Daily Maverick] A spiralling war between the Lesotho government and the country's 37,000 wool and mohair farmers took an alarming new turn last week with the arrest of their association's outspoken frontman.
- Wed - Oct 10, 2018: The Chinese Embassy in Lesotho Holds Reception in Celebration of 69th Anniversary of Founding of the People's Republic of China - AllAfrica News: Lesotho
[Focac] Mr. Song Changqing indicated in his remarks that 69 years ago, the Chinese people, having gone through more than 100 years of hard struggle, finally witnessed the rebirth of their nation and embarked on a glorious journey for dignity, prosperity and strength. Looking back the 69 years since the founding of the People's Republic, especially the 40 years of Reform and Opening-up, the fundamental reason for China's achievements is that China has found a development path suited to her own national conditions,
- Tue - Oct 2, 2018: Cleaner Accuses Lesotho Police of Corruption, Abuse and Collusion in Vigilante Justice - AllAfrica News: Lesotho
[Daily Maverick] A Mosotho cleaner has accused a Lesotho policeman of accepting a bribe and complicity in a bizarre case of vigilante justice, in which she was arrested, allegedly beaten and handed over to a South African couple who claimed she had stolen money from them. By Lekhetho Ntsukunyane.
- Tue - Oct 2, 2018: Embrace Migrants, Value Their Contributions, Urges Lesotho Prime Minister At UN Assembly - AllAfrica News: Lesotho
[UN News] Addressing the United Nations General Assembly, the Prime Minister of Lesotho highlighted the opportunities offered by migration and called on the international community to adhere to the Global Compact for Safe, Orderly and Regular Migration.