COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy
Current King: King Letsie III
Population: 1,962,461 (2018)
Land Size: 30,355 sq km (11,720 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Mon - Aug 19, 2019: Levi's, Wrangler Vow to Protect Women Making Jeans From Sexual Abuse - AllAfrica News: Lesotho
[Thomson Reuters Foundation] Nairobi -Three major U.S. brands vowed to crack down on abuse in Lesotho factories making their jeans on Thursday after an investigation found women were forced into sex to keep their jobs.
- Mon - Aug 19, 2019: Widespread Sexual Abuse Uncovered at Levi, Wrangler, The Children's Place Factories - AllAfrica News: Lesotho
[Deutsche Welle] An investigation into denim manufacturing centers in Africa has unveiled systemic sexual abuse by local and foreign managers. Female garment workers suffered abuse, harassment, and retaliation if they spoke up.
- Sat - Aug 17, 2019: Another Political Shakeup With High Profile Resignation - AllAfrica News: Lesotho
[Lesotho Times] FORMER Deputy Prime Minister Mothetjoa Metsing's Lesotho Congress for Democracy (LCD) has been rocked by yet another high profile departure after prominent businessman, Bothata Mahlala, dumped the party for the rival Democratic Congress (DC).
- Fri - Aug 16, 2019: Broke Kamoli's Lawyers Threaten to Dump Him - AllAfrica News: Lesotho
[Lesotho Times] Embattled Lieutenant General Tlali Kamoli and fellow detained soldiers are pleading poverty and face a huge battle to retain the services of highly qualified, prominent lawyers to defend them in their upcoming murder and attempted murder trials.
- Thu - Aug 15, 2019: More Foreign Judges Sworn in - AllAfrica News: Lesotho
[Lesotho Times] Two more foreign judges have arrived in Lesotho to preside over the politically sensitive criminal cases involving politicians, serving and former members of the security agencies including the trials of double murder-accused former army commander Lieutenant General Tlali Kamoli.