COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy
Current King: King Letsie III
Population: 1,969,334 (2020)
Land Size: 30,355 sq km (11,720 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Tue - Feb 23, 2021: Mahao Faction Renews Bid to Oust Thabane - AllAfrica News: Lesotho
[Lesotho Times] Two members of the Professor Nqosa Mahao-led faction of the ruling All Basotho Convention (ABC) have petitioned the High Court to declare former prime minister and party leader Thomas Thabane unfit to lead the fractious party.
- Tue - Feb 23, 2021: Warrant of Arrest for DCEO Boss Manyokole - AllAfrica News: Lesotho
[Lesotho Times] Maseru Senior Resident Magistrate Peter Murenzi is said to have yesterday ordered the arrest of suspended Directorate on Corruption and Economic Offences (DCEO) director general, Mahlomola Manyokole. This after Advocate Manyokole allegedly failed to honour Acting DCEO boss Adv Sefako Seema's demand for him to report to the DCEO office to answer money laundering allegations levelled against him.
- Tue - Feb 23, 2021: Leposa SG Sues Molibeli - AllAfrica News: Lesotho
[Lesotho Times] A FRESH fight has broken out between Police Commissioner, Holomo Molibeli, and Lesotho Mounted Police Service Staff Association (LEPOSA) secretary general, Inspector Moraleli Motloli.
- Tue - Feb 23, 2021: Defence Minister Mosito Fired - AllAfrica News: Lesotho
[Lesotho Times] Prime Minister Moeketsi Majoro has fired Defence and National Security Minister Lekhetho Mosito barely two weeks after appointing him to the post.
- Tue - Feb 23, 2021: Majoro Declares Six-Month State of Emergency - AllAfrica News: Lesotho
[Lesotho Times] Prime Minister Moeketsi Majoro has declared a six-month state of emergency after the recent heavy rains massively damaged farms, roads and bridges.