COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy
Current King: King Letsie III
Population: 2.2 million (UN 2014)
Land Size: 30,355 sq km (11,720 sq miles)
Major Ethic Groups:
- Tue - Aug 15, 2017: 'SADC Has a Story to Tell' - AllAfrica News: Lesotho
[SANF] Pretoria -It is time the southern African region takes charge of its own narrative and tells the story about its major achievements and challenges.
- Tue - Aug 15, 2017: Women's Representation in Lesotho Govt Recedes - AllAfrica News: Lesotho
[Gender Links] Maseru -Women's representation in Lesotho's parliament dropped by two-percentage points from 25% to 23% after the June 2017 National Assembly Elections.
- Sat - Aug 12, 2017: PM Vows to End Lesotho's 'Bad Boy' Tag - AllAfrica News: Lesotho
[Lesotho Times] PRIME Minister Thomas Thabane has committed to ensure that Lesotho ceases to be the Southern African Development Community's (SADC) "bad boy" by initiating a national multi-stakeholder dialogue that would frame the mooted multi-sectoral reforms.
- Thu - Aug 10, 2017: Lesotho Will Never Be SADC's 'Bad Boy' Again, Says PM Lesotho - AllAfrica News: Lesotho
[News24Wire] Deputy President Cyril Ramaphosa, who doubles as the Southern African Development Community (SADC) regional facilitator in Lesotho, has expressed satisfaction over the implementation of the regional body's recommendation in the mountain kingdom. Ramaphosa was in Lesotho on Wednesday to monitor progress following elections that resulted in Tom Thabane becoming prime minister. In a statement issued by the presidency, Ramaphosa said: "... we as the SADC Facilitation process also accompanied by Oversight Commi
- Thu - Aug 10, 2017: Deputy President Encouraged By Lesotho Progress - AllAfrica News: Lesotho
[SAnews.gov.za] Deputy President Cyril Ramaphosa is encouraged by the progress towards peace, stability and reforms in the mountain kingdom of Lesotho.