COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy
Current King: King Letsie III
Population: 1,969,334 (2020)
Land Size: 30,355 sq km (11,720 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Fri - Nov 27, 2020: Covid-19 Shock At Leribe Craft Centre - AllAfrica News: Lesotho
[Lesotho Times] IN a shocking development, the Leribe Craft Centre has recorded 43 cases of Covid-19, the National Covid-19 Secretariat (NACOSEC) has said.
- Fri - Nov 27, 2020: Parliament Passes Diamond Amnesty Law - AllAfrica News: Lesotho
[Lesotho Times] THE National Assembly on Tuesday adopted a subordinate law which gives persons currently in illegal possession of rough diamonds until 31 January 2021 to declare them to the government.
- Fri - Nov 27, 2020: Bedco in Five-Year Strategic Plan - AllAfrica News: Lesotho
[Lesotho Times] THE Basotho Enterprises Development Corporation (BEDCO) is hoping to use its newly developed five-year strategic plan to turnaround its wanning fortunes.
- Fri - Nov 27, 2020: Seventeen Higherlife Foundation Lesotho Funded Students Graduate - AllAfrica News: Lesotho
[Lesotho Times] SEVENTEEN HigherLife Foundation Lesotho students have defied the Covid-19 pandemic by graduating with diplomas and degrees from five different institutions of higher learning in Lesotho.
- Fri - Nov 27, 2020: Mounted Police Body Threatens Police Chief With Another Lawsuit - AllAfrica News: Lesotho
[Lesotho Times] THE Lesotho Police Mounted Police Service Staff Association (LEPOSA) has demanded that Police Commissioner Holomo Molibeli defers the opening of an "inhabitable" police post in Ha-Palima, Leribe, until it has been renovated to make it fit for human occupation. LEPOSA says it will not hesitate to sue Commissioner Molibeli if he does not yield to its demands.