COAT OF ARMS
Government: Unitary Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy
Current King: King Letsie III
Population: 1,962,461 (2018)
Land Size: 30,355 sq km (11,720 sq miles)
Major Ethnic Groups:
- Fri - Oct 4, 2019: Kamoli Finally Has Day in Court - AllAfrica News: Lesotho
[Lesotho Times] FORMER army commander, Lieutenant-General Tlali Kamoli, and his co-accused will finally stand trial on 22 October 2019 for the murder of Sub-Inspector Mokheseng Ramahloko at the Police Headquarters in Maseru during the attempted coup of 30 August 2014.
- Fri - Oct 4, 2019: Court to Set Mahao, Kheteng Murder Trial Dates - AllAfrica News: Lesotho
[Lesotho Times] JUSTICE Charles Hungwe will tomorrow set the trial date for 10 soldiers accused of murdering former army commander Lieutenant-General Maaparankoe Mahao in 2015. He will also set the trial date for former Defence minister Tṧeliso Mokhosi and six police officers with whom he is accused of killing police constable Mokalekale Khetheng in 2016.
- Fri - Oct 4, 2019: Exiled Officers Return - AllAfrica News: Lesotho
[Lesotho Times] LESOTHO Correctional Service (LCS) Assistant Superintendent Ramahetlane Percy Bereng and police procurement officer, Senior Superintendent Lebohang Setsomi are back in the country.
- Fri - Oct 4, 2019: PM, AG Clash Over Justice Mahase - AllAfrica News: Lesotho
[Lesotho Times] THE state will pay all legal fees for Acting Chief Justice 'Maseforo Mahase's in a case in which All Basotho Convention (ABC) secretary general, Lebohang Hlaele, is seeking to have her removed from her post.
- Fri - Oct 4, 2019: UNFPA Lauds Lesotho's Positive Maternal Health Work - AllAfrica News: Lesotho
[Lesotho Times] THE United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) recently praised the government for making positive strides towards the reduction of maternal related deaths.